Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 108

Calling Out 4Tun8 Racing, & ANYBODY Else, For That Matter....

This is a discussion on Calling Out 4Tun8 Racing, & ANYBODY Else, For That Matter.... within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Street Lethal Alright 4Tun8, here's what's up; we just got around to finishing up my buddies '95 ...

  1. #41
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    boostville
    Posts
    24

    primer
    93 GEO *limited edition*

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    Alright 4Tun8, here's what's up; we just got around to finishing up my buddies '95 GSX Eclipse, just some minor tuning remains, but it should be ready to go (hopefully) by the weekend, next weekend the latest.....
    IMO, wait until the car IS running and make a callout, rather then saying "just some minor tuning remains". I've heard that excuse more then once.

  2. #42
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    boostville
    Posts
    24

    primer
    93 GEO *limited edition*

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    ^ Turbo isn't that much bigger than stock. Few more mods were added, along with some additional tuning. Got to go to work today but when I get back, I'll try to have some pics of the car along w/some engine shots, as well as a brief synopsis of the work that was done in a whole. The car is a sleeper in every sense of the word (save for the 18" chrome rims), so nobody should be expecting to see any body kits and such....

    why so shady with what is done to the car?? you know full well what 4tun8 has done and you've seen what his times are. Its a little biased, don't you think. IF its just for fun why not disclose what the car has done?

  3. #43
    Senior Member Street Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Old Bridge "Raceway Park" N.J.
    Posts
    1,249
    2009 Corvette ZO6

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysinboost
    IMO, wait until the car IS running and make a callout, rather then saying "just some minor tuning remains". I've heard that excuse more then once....

    why so shady with what is done to the car?? you know full well what 4tun8 has done and you've seen what his times are. Its a little biased, don't you think. IF its just for fun why not disclose what the car has done?
    I'm honestly not going to get into something as ridiculous as this response. What does it matter to you "what" my friend has done to his engine? Will it make the outcome any different by knowing what was done, ahead of time?

    If you bothered READING what I wrote afterward, I stated that I will soon be providing some pictures of the car, as well as a SYNOPSIS (try dictionary.com) of what was done to it;

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal
    Turbo isn't that much bigger than stock. Few more mods were added, along with some additional tuning. Got to go to work today but when I get back, I'll try to have some pics of the car along w/some engine shots, as well as a brief synopsis of the work that was done in a whole. The car is a sleeper in every sense of the word (save for the 18" chrome rims), so nobody should be expecting to see any body kits and such....
    If you have no patience, however, then I would suggest that you no longer contribute to this thread. I'm not going to rush someone's tune simply on the basis that somebody that I don't even know desires it to be so. As for "calling out" 4tun8, he's very aware that the call out was a friendly one (as was explained in my initial post), so do me a favor and keep your ignorant (because you obviously didn't read what I wrote in it's entireity) comments to yourself....

  4. #44
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    boostville
    Posts
    24

    primer
    93 GEO *limited edition*

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    I'm honestly not going to get into something as ridiculous as this response. What does it matter to you "what" my friend has done to his engine? Will it make the outcome any different by knowing what was done, ahead of time?
    It makes a difference because YOU put a callout up on a public forum for "4tun8 or anyone else for that matter".

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    If you bothered READING what I wrote afterward, I stated that I will soon be providing some pictures of the car, as well as a SYNOPSIS (try dictionary.com) of what was done to it
    I did read what you wrote, maybe you forgot the part where you said "turbo size withheld".

    All I'm saying is:
    #1 make sure you car is running before you call someone, especially when you say "anyone else for that matter". you never know who is ready to run right NOW or what might come up between now and when you ahve to finish your tune. You even said there was a leaking oil line that needed to be repaird. The car hasn't even been put through the paces yet, your jumping the gun a little don't you think.
    #2 don't be shady with what is done to it especially given the fact that you know everything about 4tun8's car. Fair is fair.

  5. #45
    Senior Member Street Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Old Bridge "Raceway Park" N.J.
    Posts
    1,249
    2009 Corvette ZO6

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysinboost
    It makes a difference because YOU put a callout up on a public forum for "4tun8 or anyone else for that matter".
    Yes, a "public" forum, a forum in which I've been a member here on for well over two years now, and a "callout" in which was made to a member which whom I've spoken to on a number of different occassions. As for "anyone else for that matter", do you happen to live in the area? If you don't, well, then that really isn't any of your concern then, nor should it have anything to do with you, for that matter....

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysinboost
    All I'm saying is:
    ... and all I'm saying is, yes, this is a public forum, but this is MY thread though, a thread in which the CHALLENGED PARTY HAS NO PROBLEM WITH! So please, and I'm asking very nicely, don't ruin my thread with nonsense. The specs were not embellished on "anything" yet because the pictures have obviously not been posted yet, either....

  6. #46
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    boostville
    Posts
    24

    primer
    93 GEO *limited edition*

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    Yes, a "public" forum, a forum in which I've been a member here on for well over two years now, and a "callout" in which was made to a member which whom I've spoken to on a number of different occassions. As for "anyone else for that matter", do you happen to live in the area? If you don't, well, then that really isn't any of your concern then, nor should it have anything to do with you, for that matter...
    What does it matter if I am local because the car your talking about, which isn't even yours, isn't even done yet. yeah I am local, and ready to race! But you don't have a race ready car so what does it matter... which goes back to my first post about having a running car before you call someone out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    ... and all I'm saying is, yes, this is a public forum, but this is MY thread though, a thread in which the CHALLENGED PARTY HAS NO PROBLEM WITH! So please, and I'm asking very nicely, don't ruin my thread with nonsense. The specs were not embellished on "anything" yet because the pictures have obviously not been posted yet, either....
    I'm not trying to ruin your thread but you shouldn't have even posted one unless you had a car to race. This is the kill section, not the 'when my car is ready to race section'. I wish I had a nickle for everytime I've heard someone say "my car just needs (x) and I'll be ready to race". Usually (x) turns into (xx) then the (xxx) and then the car is getting sold because the bugs can't be worked out. Especially when you are talking about a DSM Not saying thats what is going to happen to your car... I'm just saying, you should have made a post on a public forum calling 4tun8 or "anyone" out if you aren't prepared to race. Thats what PMs are for.

  7. #47
    Senior Member Street Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Old Bridge "Raceway Park" N.J.
    Posts
    1,249
    2009 Corvette ZO6

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysinboost
    What does it matter if I am local because the car your talking about, which isn't even yours, isn't even done yet. yeah I am local, and ready to race! But you don't have a race ready car so what does it matter... which goes back to my first post about having a running car before you call someone out.
    I'm trying to find some coherent point in your words, but sadly, I'm unable to do so.

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysinboost
    "Which isn't even yours"
    ....again, you underline the fact that you fail to comprehend what your reading.

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysinboost
    "Don't have a race ready car"
    ... is that a joke? If you wanna race me you little PC racer you, all you needed to do was ask. LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysinboost
    "Ready to race!"
    ROTFFLMMFAO! Grow up.....

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysinboost
    I'm not trying to ruin your thread but you shouldn't have even posted one unless you had a car to race....
    Didn't realize that these posts must have your approval.... LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysinboost
    This is the kill section, not the 'when my car is ready to race section'....
    Wow, didn't realize two days is too long of a wait for you.... LMMFAO!

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysinboost
    I wish I had a nickle for everytime I've heard someone say "my car just needs (x) and I'll be ready to race"....
    ^ Are you kidding me......!

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysinboost
    Thats what PMs are for....
    Exactly! Which only solidifies the fact that you are clearly a troublemaker, as you could have "PM'ed" me any problem that you might of had, before-hand....

  8. #48
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    boostville
    Posts
    24

    primer
    93 GEO *limited edition*

    I'm not the one with problem here. Judging by the fact that you can't even hold a discussion w/o jumping into a personal attack when questioned shows your level of intellect, or lack of.

    If you need to turn this into a personal attack because you can't find any other way to defend yourself thats fine, but it doesn't change the fact that you are calling "anyone" out and don't even have a car that is ready to race. That in itself speaks volumes.

    I'm not sure what part of that concept is so hard for you to comprehend. you are calling someone, anyone in your words, out and yet you don't have a running car. To make matters worse the car you are "talking" about (and I put talking in quotes because that is all you are doing) doesn't even belong to you. Then to add insult to injury you are being shady by withholding critical info on this non-running car you don't even own. I guess that is to be expected when you are talking about a car that isn't even race ready.

    people have a name for that kind of behavior, you know, when you go around running your mouth with nothing to back it up but hot air...

  9. #49
    Senior Member Street Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Old Bridge "Raceway Park" N.J.
    Posts
    1,249
    2009 Corvette ZO6

    ^ No personal attack here, it was you who came in with your guns blazing, and are now trying to disguise that babble as some coherent point. The rest is all smoke and mirrors on your part as far as I'm concerned. You said what you had to say, and I'm happy for you. Now, leave it alone. If your looking to run me, I'm leaving for Raceway Park at around 7:30, so be sure to drop by since your so ready to race. No waiting, no tuning, as I'm ready to race too. Sound good, or... much like your posts, are you all talk?

  10. #50
    Impounded MikeSomething's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Old Bridge, NJ
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,420

    Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    Hey bro, how have you been man? What kind of work are you getting done to the Camaro? Definitely let me know when you get the car back, as the GSX should be finished up by then. Just spoke w/him too, and that damn oil line that leads from the turbo to the pan is leaking, so I need to seal that up for him this Saturday as well. Hmm, Eagle Talon ehh....?
    I've been alright man, just workin alot and gettin by.
    What am I gettin done? Just some stuff to wake it up alil...
    The Eagle Talon is a mean machine...

  11. #51
    Senior Member Street Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Old Bridge "Raceway Park" N.J.
    Posts
    1,249
    2009 Corvette ZO6

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething
    What am I gettin done? Just some stuff to wake it up alil...
    Not acceptable Mike, cuz as per "alwaysinboost", we must immediately report ANY additional modifications being done, otherwise, we can't even mention that they're even in the process.....

    Anyways, can you make it down to the track with us bro, we're leaving in about ten minutes (just got home, and trying to shove the food in, as I refuse to eat those murder burgers at the track lol)....

    As for you, alwaysinboost, I guess your not so;

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysinboost
    yeah I am local...
    .... nor are you;

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysinboost
    and ready to race!
    Now, IF I HAD a nickel for every PC Racer who talked "that" much crap.....

  12. #52
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    boostville
    Posts
    24

    primer
    93 GEO *limited edition*

    just because you put a little after every sentence in your post doesn't mean what you say ok.

    Its amusing that you have to use my words in your post because you can't think of a response on your own. its also funny that all of a sudden when I say I am local you are now "ready to race tonight" with a car that isn't even tooned.

    Sorry, but its unrealistic for you to expect me to travel almost 2 hours to etown with a mear 15 minutes notice to race a car that supposedly isn't even ready to race. sounds to me like you just want me to drive out there for nothing.

    Your what 10-15 minutes from etown, figures you would call someone out to your local track with such short notice. How about we meet someplace in the middle. If you are serious then I can be at Atco tomorrow night, Sunday afternoon, or anytime this week for street night if you want to run. If your so close to etown then it should take you about the same time to get to atco as me. that is fair, expecting me to drive 2 hours to your 10 minutes is not.

    So how about you put your money where your mouth is??? $500.00 per race sound good... we'll let the timeslips tell the tale. Or are you all talk???

  13. #53
    Member 4tun8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    PA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    485

    Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

    Meh, stop bickering IMO.

  14. #54
    Senior Member Street Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Old Bridge "Raceway Park" N.J.
    Posts
    1,249
    2009 Corvette ZO6

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysinboost
    Your what 10-15 minutes from etown, figures you would call someone out to your local track with such short notice....
    Such short notice LOL? "Your" the one who emphasized that "your local", and that your "ready to race". Two hours? Well, this obviously wasn't the case then...

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysinboost
    So how about you put your money where your mouth is??? $500.00 per race sound good... we'll let the timeslips tell the tale. Or are you all talk???
    One's maturity level is now becoming prevalent. Betting $500.00 per race against someone that you don't even know, nor what they'll be running! Umm, no, I don't "race" w/my brand new ZO6 at the track (it's another car entirely), so betting against me isn't such a wise move on your part. Me thinks you need to put whatever it is that your smoking back down, immediately. Like I said, you already spewed your poison throughout this thread. If you care to join the fun (if your closer to 4tun8), then your more than welcome to race w/us. However, this was originally meant to be all in fun, so again, please, don't ruin this thread with such nonsense. If patience is an issue with you, then I would suggest removing your subscription from this thread, and we'll all reach out to you when it's decided upon....

  15. #55
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    alwaysinboost has been removed from this thread.

  16. #56
    Member 4tun8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    PA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    485

    Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

    Can you pm me with what's done to the car?

  17. #57
    Senior Member Street Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Old Bridge "Raceway Park" N.J.
    Posts
    1,249
    2009 Corvette ZO6

    Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8
    Can you pm me with what's done to the car?
    Stock cylinder head was worked over, everything was port/velocity matched, K&N Cold Air Kit, Pacesetter Header, 3" down pipe w/3" exhaust (including Catco Converter), CompCams; Gross Valve Lift: .411, Cam Lobe Lift: .239, Duration @ .004 Valve Lift: 259 installed @ 102 Center Line. Other stuff added to accomodate the mods, injectors, etc. Turbo, well, you pretty much know that one already....

    Pics are just of the engine bay, and 18" rims (cell phone cam)
    Last edited by Street Lethal; 11-03-2007 at 04:52 PM.

  18. #58
    Senior Member Street Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Old Bridge "Raceway Park" N.J.
    Posts
    1,249
    2009 Corvette ZO6

    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23
    alwaysinboost has been removed from this thread.
    It really is a shame that sometimes it has to come to this, but mrr23 is absolutely right here. It would have just gotten worse in the long run. The last thing that I wanted for this thread is for it to turn into something negative, let's keep it positive guys. The car has now been tuned, oil line has been sealed, and it's ready to run. I'd like Mike to get in on this too (along w/that Eagle Talon), so hopefully he'll have his Camaro back by the time we set up a night in which we can all agree....

    4tun8, we'll have three runs for each race. One from a dig, and two from a roll (you guys decide your own sweet spots), no music, just the sounds of the cars. Aftwerward, we'll make a compilation of our cars screwing around (burn outs, launches, revs, etc.), to some killer sound tracks. We'll switch it back and forth. Metal for the Domestic Muscle, and Techno/Trance for the Imports (or vice versa), cool....?

  19. #59
    Member 4tun8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    PA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    485

    Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

    Sounds good to me, you guys busy next weekend?


    btw I take it I was correct about the turbo? It's an FP red?

  20. #60
    Senior Member Street Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Old Bridge "Raceway Park" N.J.
    Posts
    1,249
    2009 Corvette ZO6

    Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8
    Sounds good to me, you guys busy next weekend? btw I take it I was correct about the turbo? It's an FP red?
    It is an FP Turbo, but going Red would be a little overkill in my opinion. Although there are plenty of Reds running well on the street, he needed his ride to be a little more street friendly, than most. I'm sure you now know which turbo he went with....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Calling out 4Tun8
    By blackSS01 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 08:13 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •