Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Question Calling out 4Tun8

I was talking to some guys last night (saw what looked to be a Evo in the parking lot) and found out they were driving a Evo (your style) After talking to them, I realized they were very picky on what information they gave me when I asked. I did find out (don't know if its true) Lightly modded, pushing 30psi, pulls 1.8 60', and trapped 120 mph. They wouldn't give me a time though which I thought was weird. I have ridden in Evo's (stock) and they pull hard, I was impressed. My question is what do you think it would run and what would have to be done to get 30psi (even possible ?) I told them about my car and they didn't seem too impressed. Best I pulled was a 2.2 60' on full psi, street tires and trapped 115mph before my H/C/misc stuff (currently putting together) They gave me a way to reach them to race at the 1/4 when my cars done and want to get a little heads up.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

30 psi is alot of boost even for an EVO, ive seen people blow shi*t on that much boost on a stock turbo if its the stock motor and turbo. With your mods you have good amount of power but in the quarter mile he should pull a win. Nothing taken away from you car but id have to go with the evo on this one, im sure there are people on here, i dont know and im no expert on Evo's and could be way off but im sure there are several people on here who can give you a better idea. What else are you doing to your car, you said when your finished with you car.

Boosting Daily

Tarmac Black
    05 Evo VIII

I wouldn't doubt if he's just a stock turbo running Meth. injection or just straight C/Q16 @ 30psi by looking at the trap speed they mentioned. It's not very uncommon to see anymore 23-25psi on the stock turbo daily driven on pump gas. But in this case just by looking at this, I'd say the Evo's a mid-lower 11 second car depending on the driver.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

With mods in sig, I am adding......

LS6 P&P/Milled Heads
    Hardened pushrods
    Torquer V2 Camshaft
    LS7 lifters
    LS2 lifter trays
    Timing Chain and LS6 Ported Oil pump
    And frost tune, or dyno tune (haven't been tuned yet)
    LS7 clutch
    Rear end
    DR or Slicks

Hell of a race it may seem

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

with slicks it should be much closer then but the guy as you said wasnt really open about what his got so who knows, just try it and see what happens.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    with slicks it should be much closer then but the guy as you said wasnt really open about what his got so who knows, just try it and see what happens.
    I still have much to do on my car so........ It may not happen this year I'm good with the motor and shit but its the rear end and tires that I may not be able to swing. If I get my new job that I just applied for, then this year for sure and maybe a 75 shot of nitrous just to make it that much better

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I thought 30 psi was extremely high, but I have no clue what those motors can hold?

Purple 95 Camaro
    Arctic White 02 T/A WS6

I saw on Passtime some guy with an evo, stated he was running it at 30 psi, and sure enough that pass he blew out something, it died right off the launch and parts flew everywhere from underneath.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by noxside View Post
    I saw on Passtime some guy with an evo, stated he was running it at 30 psi, and sure enough that pass he blew out something, it died right off the launch and parts flew everywhere from underneath.
    yup. that's the way she goes boys.

Black
    2000 trans am ws6

id say with a rearend and slicks with a 75 shot you'll be low 11s with that setup! (if you can drive lol)

Don't be a dumb ass Damage Inc.'s Avatar

Brazen Orange Metalic
    '06 GTO

When you get to the track talk your car up to your buddies. Make sure they are in ear shot and say it runs low low 11's and that you got your 60' way down. Get in there heads. When you stage let them go first they will most likely heat up and over boost their car and blow the bottom end out of it. I've seen them hold upwards of 25PSI for awhile. If it's a stock bottom end it will not hold 30PSI for long.

Of coarse you want to get out to the track a few times before you meet up to see how it really does and to get your 60's down. Way down.
    '06 M6 BOM: Pred, Kooks sig LT's, Magnaflow, Volant, Comp Cam 1.85, March UD. PB 12.92 @110.71 w/ 2.07 60' on street tires.
    '02 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 mods-yes
    '78 Cutlass 383sbc w/spray t56-under constuction
    '66 Baja Bug 1835cc-under constuction

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Like i said before 30psi on the stock turbo and motor something is gonna blow soon. People who consider the supra the almighty boost machine will hardly run it at 30psi and if they do they will usually back it down after there dyno session or a quick race lol. Just because the motor is built to handle boost doesnt mean its built to handle whatever boost you throw at it. This is why there are soo many turbo cars that fall into the hands of people that have no idea on how to modify there cars end up in a junk yard. If its done right sure they can handle the boost and be very reliable but that requires alot of money and time. AMS is a company that modifies Evos that does a great job of making them fast and reliable but cost is up there.

Boosting Daily

Tarmac Black
    05 Evo VIII

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    Like i said before 30psi on the stock turbo and motor something is gonna blow soon. People who consider the supra the almighty boost machine will hardly run it at 30psi and if they do they will usually back it down after there dyno session or a quick race lol. Just because the motor is built to handle boost doesnt mean its built to handle whatever boost you throw at it. This is why there are soo many turbo cars that fall into the hands of people that have no idea on how to modify there cars end up in a junk yard. If its done right sure they can handle the boost and be very reliable but that requires alot of money and time. AMS is a company that modifies Evos that does a great job of making them fast and reliable but cost is up there.

Yep, even though there are IMO far better shops than AMS, even though there only 45 mins. from me.. I wouldn't send my car there to be built. But, just something to know is that the stock Evo 8 & 9 motors start throwing rods. at around 550awhp.. so around 500awhp is the "safe" maximum for the stock motor. But in this current cars case, he has no worries about blowing it up.. unless he just can't drive, which might be the case as is most Evo owners..
    All stock Evo VIII 12.95 @ 106.32mph with a 1.89 60ft.
    Highest stock trap: 107.26mph

Forget the EVOs, come run one of my 240s......

Seriously though, with heads and cam, you should be trapping in the mid to upper 120mph range depending on what setup you go with and how aggressive your cam is. Just be sure it's not a big turbo EVO. If it is, hope it breaks, the driver can't launch, it has problems, or all of the above. Otherwise, you have yourself a good race.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    Forget the EVOs, come run one of my 240s......

Seriously though, with heads and cam, you should be trapping in the mid to upper 120mph range depending on what setup you go with and how aggressive your cam is. Just be sure it's not a big turbo EVO. If it is, hope it breaks, the driver can't launch, it has problems, or all of the above. Otherwise, you have yourself a good race.
    240's have a bullet proof rear end!

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    I thought 30 psi was extremely high, but I have no clue what those motors can hold?
    My Daily driver 95 eclipse GST is at 25 psi right now and it uses the same 4G63 as the earlier evo's. The motor will handle it Just fine so long as the thrust bearings are in good shape, however as other DSM-EVO Guys know the transaxle, namely second gear will not!!!

Even still my GST, just cant hang with my Heads,cam,Intake LS1. IF you get traction off the line taking the evo with those mods shouldn't be too much of a challenge. Lemme know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    240's have a bullet proof rear end!
    F-bodies have a glass rear end.

j/k

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I have his contact info so as soon as I'm done with the car, I plan to run. Should find out about the new job by the end of the week. Then is big time for my meaty maro

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    F-bodies have a glass rear end.

j/k
    no joke. it's true!

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I am thinking of putting DR or Slicks on my old 10 bolt with the H/C and shit and dumping it at 5,000 rpm just to watch the 10 bolt go I would video tape it for you guys I will only do it if I have a new rear ready to go in. Let you all know.....

Thread Information