Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Called out by powerstroked F-250

This is a discussion on Called out by powerstroked F-250 within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; with money..they can be ffassst, like he said lightly modded, youll kill him...which sounds like this situation...

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    with money..they can be ffassst, like he said lightly modded, youll kill him...which sounds like this situation

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    To run 11s they need alot of work my friends dodge with smoke stacks bigger turbo injectors, chip and some other work only ran a 14.4 he had alot of work into it was pushing 24psi.
    14.4 with those mods??? Wow! That is sad! A stock Chevy duramax(360 HP 660 FTQ) will do that!!

Anyways, putting a diesel into the 12's does not require a whole lot of cash. A good strong tune, exhaust and intake will get a Duramax sub 13's. Which would set a person back less then 2 grand.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Are you joking a duramax with those mods wont run a 14.4. They run like 16s stock lol. I dunno i raced my friends dads bone stock 06 6.6l turbo diesel chevy truck and i beat him by bus loads.
    Last edited by 2000T/A Guru; 06-14-2007 at 02:06 PM.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

knock his dick in the dirt!

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by Brando View Post
    14.4 with those mods??? Wow! That is sad! A stock Chevy duramax(360 HP 660 FTQ) will do that!!

Anyways, putting a diesel into the 12's does not require a whole lot of cash. A good strong tune, exhaust and intake will get a Duramax sub 13's. Which would set a person back less then 2 grand.
    Are you sure about your numbers? Everything i have seen takes a lot of cash just to run 14s

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Yeah dude i mean they have 600torque outta the motor probably making 310rwhp in a 5800lbs sometimes more truck. I mean there may be a certain version or soemthing but when i raced my friends dads it wasnt close at all nor was it close when he raced my friend steves 95 z28, which ran a 14.4 and the truck still lost by alot atleast 10 cars.

There's a big following of performance diesel racing out there. It doesn't take much. They launch in 4 wheel drive and run rediculas times.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=162531

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=114819

VIDS:

http://video.dieselplace.com/video/b...4a00062649.htm

http://video.dieselplace.com/recentv...70ab357e58.htm

There's something fishey about someone in a 6,000 lb truck knowingly and willingly wanting to race a fast sports car. This guys either a complete idiot, or he has something really fast. I mean wanting to race a Viper to "just see how you'll do against it" is one thing; but come on.... I think he has some mods...... *cough* propane injection *cough*

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

Quote Originally Posted by RJWZ28 View Post
    and yes, it was a GT, and no, i'm not a fan of stangs either but the point is they do the quarter in mid to low 13s and any truck that can dust that is fast!!!
    mid to low 14's?

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    I can't believe you guys are saying "OH IT IS JUST A TRUCK" i hope ya'll relizaises that there are some powerstrokers running mid 11s at track. I raced one (no idea how he runs at track) on the street and sure beat him by a few cars but FEW CARS WITH PULLIED TERMINATOR. now you judge it!

not all of them are fast, generally they ar elike 600tq and like what 500ish hp. and easy kill due to their weight. but some of them comes with like 1000lbs tq and i say watch out.

lookin for a ws6

re

Quote Originally Posted by Brando View Post

Last time I was at the track , there was a duramax. Tune, chip and exhaust and something done to the turbo{ he would not say what, could have been bigger + supporting mods } ran a 13.01.

83 Z28 new project
    98 Formula WS7-sold:(

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedblackgto View Post
    Who care about the tires......ITS A TRUCK.....LOL.....you got him by like 2000lbs.........let me say it 1 more time ITS A TRUCK.....hehehehe
    I got to represent here, I own both a LS1 and a fast truck. There are fast trucks out there, If you seen mine, it looks totally stock until you here it. It might weigh more and have the aerodynamics of a brick shit house, but it will hold with my formula and my sisters gtx all day long up to around a 130 or so.
    TSP Torquer V2 cam, ported heads,fast 90/90 combo, LT's, 3400 stall, magnaflow CB, most other bolt ons, full suspension, t-top and HID conversion

422 RWHP, 384TQ

Black
    2001 Z28 Camaro

hmmm seems like i'm gonna have to find out what his other mods are then....so if he has propane injection he could have fast truck i will be on the luck out for that also. Is there any way to tell just by looking at the truck?

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 98formy View Post
    I got to represent here, I own both a LS1 and a fast truck. There are fast trucks out there, If you seen mine, it looks totally stock until you here it. It might weigh more and have the aerodynamics of a brick shit house, but it will hold with my formula and my sisters gtx all day long up to around a 130 or so.
    You can make anything fast if you put enough money in it.........Its still a truck and it wasn't designed for speed.....thats just the facts......I've seen some fast truck, but dollar for dollar....are car will beat it...

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Well, first I have to address the GT comment. Stock GT's are not running mid to low 13s, especially the last gen....

Second, from my experience w/ the Turboed trucks and recent talks w/ a turboed owner, you can put them trucks in the 14s pretty easy but I've never heard of a stock one running those times. I have been told they are 16 second trucks stock. Only one's I've seen run though have been FAST! So lastly, don't discount a truck. Personally w/ tires that big, the thing can seriously only be so fast. Those tires are going to slow that truck down immensely. The one's you have to be wary of are the one's that look stock except for the big muffler tip hangin out the back! I say you easily waste the dude. I had some friends tryin to set me up w/ a race in my Impala w/ some kid in a Dodge w/ work. When i said ok, for 100 bucks they were like, nah man we're just F'n with ya but his truck is pretty quick. So they might just be tryin to punk you out. Oh yeah, one more thing. If he's only got 5-6 grand in the truck and its lifted that much, thats saying he basically has no performance mods. It costs a lot of money to lift a truck and buy those tires even if you do the work yourself.
    96 Imp SS- 12.74@103, 1.74 60' out of fuel

06 AWD TB SS- 12.58@106, 1.76 60'

01 Camaro SS- Totaled

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96 View Post
    Well, first I have to address the GT comment. Stock GT's are not running mid to low 13s, especially the last gen....
    What makes you say that ^^^ ?

I have run many many times 13.5-6 and i ran best of 13.43 in my old bone stock 06 stang GT on stock 18" rubber.

That **** cop...

White
    83 944,88 Fiero w/Cad V8

Be careful, Grasshopper...
    There was a guy in Sierra Vista a few years back, told everyone how his big-block 454 4x4 was gonna stomp my car into the dirt, yada, yada, yada.
    And maybe he had reason to think so...after all, I was driving a lowly Gremlin...

...with a slightly warmed-over 360 Javelin motor, a Borg-Warner 4-speed, and an Accel turbo kit. The car would yank the front wheels off the ground in the first two gears, BEFORE I added the turbo (some guys just can't get enough, y'know?).
    Anyway, the lights went down on the tree, and I served him a plate of crow (upsize that, please!)---it was over in the first 50 feet, and I pulled away from him all the way down the track.

You'll likely dust him, but as has been said before, if he (or his mom) has a FAT wallet, you might be in trouble...you just never know. It's kinda like bein' a gunslinger---you may be the fastest gun in the West, but sooner or later, lol...keep us posted.
    P.S. I hope you STOMP the Honda.

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

Quote Originally Posted by doodad View Post
    What makes you say that ^^^ ?

I have run many many times 13.5-6 and i ran best of 13.43 in my old bone stock 06 stang GT on stock 18" rubber.
    downhill track?

That **** cop...

White
    83 944,88 Fiero w/Cad V8

Most of 'em that I've seen have the tank mounted in the front of the bed, pretty fair-size tank, usually no other place for it.

In A Jesus Christ pose.... on the banks of the Thames with Ratty and Mole.

hunter Green
    92 Camaro RS 350 Special

i love it when people say oh its just a truck. always think a car is faster but dont matter what you got its who has the fatter wallet.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information