Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Called Out By A Lightning

This is a discussion on Called Out By A Lightning within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; haha i raced one of those ugly sierras..i gave it a headstart and i beat it by like 5 cars ...

Black
    2002 camaro z-28

haha i raced one of those ugly sierras..i gave it a headstart and i beat it by like 5 cars then i slowed down for it

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

not every mexican is a beaner my dad has a escalade Esv my cuz has a silverado SS my cuz brother has a F 150 Harley Davidson and i have a Firebird formula with 20 inch rims and a 4000 watt all kicker system that isnt all that cheap or is it?

01 M6 SS Turbo

[how fast is your camaro, you see lightning and go get a 10 sec. bike, not trying to star shit but would you race a zx-10
    My camaro was a stock '00 z28 m6 that I thought was fast, but was slow in drag race perspective for the area. This lightning was quite abit faster(everyone knew it too) that a stock camaro and the guy would never race modded z's or any race he thought he would lose for that matter. The guy also rubs in the fact that it's a truck and how slow camaros are that can't beat trucks. Man the guy just got under my skin! So I went and got the bike, and that shut him up and I started calling him out like HE was doing to all the other cars that he knew he could beat. He kept saying "nut up man"!!!

It's not dumb to race bikes in a car though. I just sold my mitsubishi eclipse (96gs-t)that has beaten 3 600cc sportbikes to date, all 01 and newer. It's all about power to weight. My eclipse had around 420 whp and weighed 2600 lbs. Yeah, it's enough to beat 600's but not 1000's. I sold it because it was a stupid fwd. Never did loose to a vet or camaro on the highway though! Man I shouldn't have sold it, but I think my new SS will be fast once I get my turbo kit for it(shipped out yesterday according to sts). It sucks though cause even though I'll have the same hp as the eclipse had, I think it'll still be slower cause of the stupid weight of the f-body. Gotta find some way to drop about 500 lbs!
    Last edited by mrr23; 05-03-2008 at 01:29 PM. Reason: fixed quote

Silver
    1997 camaro z28

Well the turbo kit weighs a heck of alot. Probably not a good start if you want to be lightweight. Some kits can weigh as much as 250 lbs.

You can get the same power if you do an LS2 or L92, and it would only be a few more $$$ with alot less weight.

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

yeah. but atleast people won't laugh at the camaro. not to mention you should be able to get around 500 HP with some engine work. and a proper tune.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

You said you car beats 600s but not 1000s which i find hard to belive since in the quarter mile they are roughly the same, my r6 ran side by side with my friends r1 until about 110. the 1000s have alot more high end but quarter mile time its so close. Less than .3 difference in the quarter mile.

What was all done to you eclipse.
    Last edited by 2000T/A Guru; 06-13-2007 at 11:12 AM.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

What you really should ahve done is bought a storker kit make it a 402 with 8.5 to 1 comp, then turbo it and you could push 20psi and make 700-800 hp. Then who cares about weight. I know it would have cost more but even with just the low comp storker you would have over 400rwhp. Then jsut save up for the turbo and if your worried about weight good job buying STS its a rear mounted turbo those are some of the heaviest kits.

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

Quote Originally Posted by 35thAnniZ28 View Post
    wait...you know what...fuck trucks....their made to haul shit...not "ass".....i hate people (beaners) who fix em up around where i live...and rev the fuck out of me...expecially those with escalade front conversions...pisses me off....everyone HAS A FUCKING TRUCK DOWN IN SOUTH TEXAS
    i will agree every one has a god damm truck in texas, and they all think its fast.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I live in Milwaukee but just south of here is racine where they are tons of wanna be rednecks that want to live on a farm but instead there parents own huge homes in the suburbs, so everyone around here has a lifted truck and yells git r done all the time. Fucking fags Some of them even think there ford F-250 from like 1987 can take my car cause they have a 460ci engine in them.

01 M6 SS Turbo

man, you guys must HATE the sts kit! crap! I just wanted 400-450 whp out of the camaro and a budget of 5000. I talked to the slp guys and it would have been 5300 in parts alone (525hp h/c/i kit)! where the turbo kit was 4885 with EVERYTHING I needed. How much do you think the kit actually weight, maybe 50 lbs I bet.The turbo unit is around 35lbs, piped MAYBE 25-30 and that's about it.

As far as the bikes in the 1/4 mile time, those are all with pro riders on perfect days. The average 600 around here would run anywhere from 11-12 in the 1/4. And the liter bikes, they would finish the 1/4 mile at 145-150mph and yes, the acceleration is about the same up to 100mph, but after that, it's ALL torque and the liter bikes pull from the 600's like their standing still.

The eclipse had about everything there is to bolt onto the motor, but if you want the list, I'll type it for ya!
    1996 eclipse GS-t 4g63t 5 speed
    greddy 24row FMIC
    greddy hard pipe ic kit
    turbonetics 60-1 turbo (ball-bearing)
    3" apexi down pipe
    wally 255 fp
    denso 650cc injectors
    greddy type-s BOV
    greddy 3" cat back exhaust
    southern florida performance exh. manifold
    cometic 5 layer MLS head gasket
    tial 38mm external waste gate
    apexi safc
    exedy clutch
    hks turbo timer
    konig monsoon 17" rims with BFG drag radials
    tein s-tech springs
    AEM wide band o2 sensor
    automater boost gauge
    strut brace
    carbon fiber hood
    optimate red top batt.
    magnacore plug wires/ bpr7es ngk plugs
    turbo XS high performance boost controller
    poly motor mounts
    1.3 bar greddy radiator cap, pretty polished oil cap too! lol
    and afew other things I'm sure I'm forgetting, but anyways, I'd run it on e-85 fuel anywhere from 22-28psi on the street. It was a mean car, but just too much hp for a FWD car. it's fun to spin em up at 90 mph on the interstate though! And the best thing about the car was that is was reliable at 400whp on the stock internals! I ran the crap out of it for 2 years and no problems. we'll hope the f body can do the same. I hope it doesn't let me down. I just wanted the turbo kit opposed to na for better drivability on the street as well. I'm sure a 500hp ls1 cam has it's compromises! But to each his own. I'm sure that people have bad things to say about EVERY power adder be it S/c turbo or no2.

Silver
    1997 camaro z28

well the LS1 is a pretty good motor,but it is not built for boost from the factory. You can run 8 lbs of boost all day on the stock motor, but I am sure you will be looking for more power down the road.
    Go big or go home.

01 M6 SS Turbo

lol, yeah, I know what you mean on that one. However I just want 400-450 WHP for right now. Beings that the car is all stock with the turbo exception, I think I'll do some other things before going over the 450 mark, like SFC's, lower the car some, and save up for that 9" rear end! So the power I end up with will have to do for awhile. I think I'll leave the kit at 5 psi for now(420whp/448-460ftlb tq. The kit comes with 42# injectors, but no f.pump or intercooler, so I think 8 psi might be alittle dangerous with out a better fuel pump.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Well it is a DSM motor and your lucky you sold it before it broke, with stock internal and the cams, were the new balanced cams cause if not those owuld have broke too. I ahve owned 2 eclipses and 1 talon, and blown the shit outta all of them lol. 1 was auto frwd the other eclipse was awd auto the talon was stock AWD 1 was stock the eclipse i got 360 whp then blew motor so then i just floored it everywhere for like 5 minutes until it really blew lol.
    Last edited by 2000T/A Guru; 06-14-2007 at 10:07 AM.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matt89 View Post
    man, you guys must HATE the sts kit! crap! I just wanted 400-450 whp out of the camaro and a budget of 5000. I talked to the slp guys and it would have been 5300 in parts alone (525hp h/c/i kit)! where the turbo kit was 4885 with EVERYTHING I needed. How much do you think the kit actually weight, maybe 50 lbs I bet.The turbo unit is around 35lbs, piped MAYBE 25-30 and that's about it.

As far as the bikes in the 1/4 mile time, those are all with pro riders on perfect days. The average 600 around here would run anywhere from 11-12 in the 1/4. And the liter bikes, they would finish the 1/4 mile at 145-150mph and yes, the acceleration is about the same up to 100mph, but after that, it's ALL torque and the liter bikes pull from the 600's like their standing still.

The eclipse had about everything there is to bolt onto the motor, but if you want the list, I'll type it for ya!
    1996 eclipse GS-t 4g63t 5 speed
    greddy 24row FMIC
    greddy hard pipe ic kit
    turbonetics 60-1 turbo (ball-bearing)
    3" apexi down pipe
    wally 255 fp
    denso 650cc injectors
    greddy type-s BOV
    greddy 3" cat back exhaust
    southern florida performance exh. manifold
    cometic 5 layer MLS head gasket
    tial 38mm external waste gate
    apexi safc
    exedy clutch
    hks turbo timer
    konig monsoon 17" rims with BFG drag radials
    tein s-tech springs
    AEM wide band o2 sensor
    automater boost gauge
    strut brace
    carbon fiber hood
    optimate red top batt.
    magnacore plug wires/ bpr7es ngk plugs
    turbo XS high performance boost controller
    poly motor mounts
    1.3 bar greddy radiator cap, pretty polished oil cap too! lol
    and afew other things I'm sure I'm forgetting, but anyways, I'd run it on e-85 fuel anywhere from 22-28psi on the street. It was a mean car, but just too much hp for a FWD car. it's fun to spin em up at 90 mph on the interstate though! And the best thing about the car was that is was reliable at 400whp on the stock internals! I ran the crap out of it for 2 years and no problems. we'll hope the f body can do the same. I hope it doesn't let me down. I just wanted the turbo kit opposed to na for better drivability on the street as well. I'm sure a 500hp ls1 cam has it's compromises! But to each his own. I'm sure that people have bad things to say about EVERY power adder be it S/c turbo or no2.
    reliable my ass....especially that year
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I know the early 90s body style was way more reliable than the mid 90s, like i said good thing you sold the car before you blew it to pieces now this kid probably will.

Then again maybe i just brokae all of mine cause i like to have too much fun in cars lets see here my blown up list

2 eclipse turbo and many head gaskets
    1 talon
    i have gone through 2 motors now in my 87 supra, first motor blew a hole in piston 6
    my 79 malibu with a built 355 with a turbo 350 tranny, spun a bearing

01 M6 SS Turbo

you'd be surprised. It was my daily driver that I drove atleast 50 miles a day, and atleast 2-3 times aday saw full boost. I did it for 2 years straight, and the only thing that left me stranded was the stupid battery one time. I doubt I'll be able to double (600whp) the camaros hp and drive it ONE year with out a break down of some sort. Then again, it should last awhile the way I drive it. I grandma the thing around everywhere or so it seems. I just like the fact that I can shift at 2k and there's still some torque down there!

As far as being less reliable than the 1st gens, that's really not true. Yes, the 95 cars had some examples that crank walked, but it wasn't as common as people thought it was. The only main difference in the motors were that the 1st gen blocks were 6 bolt(6 bolts holding the flywheel on) and the 2nd gens had the 7 bolt. You can build up a 7 bolt, however most just swap over the 6 bolt out of fear that the 7 bolt will crankwalk. Other than that, there's really no difference between the 2 blocks aside from tiny things like where the cam angle sensor is located.
    Also as I'm sure you all know, reliability has ALOT to do with the tune! I could run 26psi all day where the next guy could run 16psi and blow his engine in 1 pass. eclipses are reliable even with higher hp#'s, but as with anything, a good tune and higher mantainance schedules are involved. And that goes for ANY modded car.
    Last edited by matt89; 06-15-2007 at 12:57 AM.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Say whatever you want my buddy about 1 weeks ago spun a bearing in his 98 GSX with only 24k miles on it and the car is bone stock lol.

pewter
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

even in a stick , how would you miss 2nd? It's stright down!!! you would have to be a f**king idiot!!! screw that dude.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Who missed second?

Black
    01 Camaro SS

ON the bike topic, I raced my buddy that day to about 90 and stuck right w/ him. He'd pull ahead, shift, then I'd pull ahead. But my bro said the same thing as you guys did. They're just about the same to 100... Well, maybe it was just that ZX-10 but there's no way they are the same to 100. The only reason I kept up w/ him is because he kept having to shift at 10 grand to keep the tire on the ground. I couldn't believe it when the tire just came up on me at 40 while in the throttle in first. W/out a longer axle the bike just won't stay down. I noticed a ton more torque in every gear though. My 600 felt like a slug after I got back on it....

And oh yeah, who missed second?
    96 Imp SS- 12.74@103, 1.74 60' out of fuel

06 AWD TB SS- 12.58@106, 1.76 60'

01 Camaro SS- Totaled

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information