Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 57

Called out by a diesel... ANY OPINIONS????????????

This is a discussion on Called out by a diesel... ANY OPINIONS???????????? within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; my buddy just got a 2003 f350 dieslel with the 6.0 and a chip, the diesel mechanic he bought it ...

  1. #1
    Member camaroluvr447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Age
    27
    Posts
    234

    Pewter
    2000 Pewter Z28 M6

    Called out by a diesel... ANY OPINIONS????????????

    my buddy just got a 2003 f350 dieslel with the 6.0 and a chip, the diesel mechanic he bought it from says its got 500 RWHP and god knows how much torque. This guy has ridden in my car once briefly. When i get back from vacation we r gonna line em up! i bet dinner..... should bet for mcdonalds or red lobster???

    my car 2000 Z28 Pewter, M6, T-Tops, K&N Intake, LS6 Manifold, MSD Ignition, Magnaflow Cat-Back, Stage 3 Clutch, Short Shifter.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Abilene Tx
    Posts
    200

    White
    1998 FireBird Formula

    single cab or crew? 4x4?

    watching pass time a while back a guy in a 2005-2007 ram 2500 turbo diesel, from what he said it ONLY had a stacked chip, stock intake, stock exhaust, stock 20" wheels, and he ran an 11.57 in the quarter... Just sayin, don't know if he might of had other things done, but if done right those diesel trucks can move...

  3. #3
    Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    11,474

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    Depends on what "chip" the Ford has. If it has a programmable tuner, you might be even or he will win. I am thinking drivers race.

  4. #4
    Electrical Engineer KMdef9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North of the Motorcity
    Posts
    2,611

    Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

    tell him your in.

    grab camera.

    record race.

    post it up!

    (and not mention power to weight ratio)

  5. #5
    Member camaroluvr447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Age
    27
    Posts
    234

    Pewter
    2000 Pewter Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Tx98Formula View Post
    single cab or crew? 4x4?

    watching pass time a while back a guy in a 2005-2007 ram 2500 turbo diesel, from what he said it ONLY had a stacked chip, stock intake, stock exhaust, stock 20" wheels, and he ran an 11.57 in the quarter... Just sayin, don't know if he might of had other things done, but if done right those diesel trucks can move...
    its a lariat package so prob a crew cab and is definatly a 4x4

  6. #6
    Junior Member Pimplaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Clewiston Fl.
    Posts
    32

    Black
    2002 camaro SS slp #4199

    I say "hell yeah" race him sounds like your in for a good time. Even if he's shooting propane it will be a good race. if u get the chance to record it, it will be a good post. take him down!!!

  7. #7
    Member camaroluvr447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Age
    27
    Posts
    234

    Pewter
    2000 Pewter Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Pimplaps View Post
    I say "hell yeah" race him sounds like your in for a good time. Even if he's shooting propane it will be a good race. if u get the chance to record it, it will be a good post. take him down!!!
    im putting in the dash cam for sure! it will be my first race ever (besides a few ricers) in my z.

  8. #8
    Junior Member Pimplaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Clewiston Fl.
    Posts
    32

    Black
    2002 camaro SS slp #4199

    for sure i'll watch it good luck man

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Abilene Tx
    Posts
    200

    White
    1998 FireBird Formula

    there is a f250 4 door, 4x4 that i saw at the local 1/8th mile track the last time i went. Not sure what all he has done besides exhaust but i know he was running low 9's in the 1/8th, pretty good for a big truck like that with a tool box and everything in the back of it...

  10. #10
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    he will smoke you off the line
    but you will pull on him, is this race at the track?

  11. #11
    Member camaroluvr447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Age
    27
    Posts
    234

    Pewter
    2000 Pewter Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    he will smoke you off the line
    but you will pull on him, is this race at the track?

    street race, prob some lonely highway. hey i read about ur car. did insurance end up covering it?

  12. #12
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by camaroluvr447 View Post
    street race, prob some lonely highway. hey i read about ur car. did insurance end up covering it?
    Yup, 5300 bucks
    Looking at potential replacements

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    43

    NBM
    01 Camaro SS

    My dad has a 2001 F250 Ext Cab 4X4 with the 7.3L turbo desiel ... all stock. Man that sucker has torque but it doesnt seem to have much power. I can imagine that a chip mod could open up that motor pretty good. It definitely takes a good driver to run a desiel truck pretty hard and quick. I haven't had much seat time in my dad's truck but I just can't be "quick" in that truck like a good driver could....

  14. #14
    Member TA98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    863

    Black
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Tx98Formula View Post

    watching pass time a while back a guy in a 2005-2007 ram 2500 turbo diesel, from what he said it ONLY had a stacked chip, stock intake, stock exhaust, stock 20" wheels, and he ran an 11.57 in the quarter... Just sayin, don't know if he might of had other things done, but if done right those diesel trucks can move...
    Not even possible. A friend of mine owns an 05 cummins 4 door short bed and has gotten a best of 13.06 launching in 4wd. he has full 5" exhaust, intake, injectors, complete fuel system, custom tune and i think some other stuff im forgeting.

  15. #15
    O U 8 1 2 Spaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    over here...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,693

    []D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by T/A98 View Post
    Not even possible. A friend of mine owns an 05 cummins 4 door short bed and has gotten a best of 13.06 launching in 4wd. he has full 5" exhaust, intake, injectors, complete fuel system, custom tune and i think some other stuff im forgeting.
    4wd will kill his time...

    diesels can be absolute monsters... i'd be careful on the bet...

  16. #16
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    50-50 chance it blows up half way through the race

  17. #17
    Member TA98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    863

    Black
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    50-50 chance it blows up half way through the race
    haha cuz its a 6.0. His EGR cooler will crap out then blow the headgaskets followed up by a turbo failure.

  18. #18
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by T/A98 View Post
    haha cuz its a 6.0. His EGR cooler will crap out then blow the headgaskets followed up by a turbo failure.
    yup. those things are garbage cans. they even make the old 6.5 chevy look good. except the 6.0 makes some power before it blows.

  19. #19
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Quote Originally Posted by T/A98 View Post
    Not even possible. A friend of mine owns an 05 cummins 4 door short bed and has gotten a best of 13.06 launching in 4wd. he has full 5" exhaust, intake, injectors, complete fuel system, custom tune and i think some other stuff im forgeting.
    That's alot of stuff to only be breaking into the low 13's.. I have a buddy running a Dura max all stock except for stacks and an excellent tune running in the high 12's.. Putting down around 1000ft lbs..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif


    Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

  20. #20
    Member RedSmokey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    CA (sacramento)
    Posts
    226

    Black
    F250

    Quote Originally Posted by Tx98Formula View Post
    single cab or crew? 4x4?

    watching pass time a while back a guy in a 2005-2007 ram 2500 turbo diesel, from what he said it ONLY had a stacked chip, stock intake, stock exhaust, stock 20" wheels, and he ran an 11.57 in the quarter... Just sayin, don't know if he might of had other things done, but if done right those diesel trucks can move...
    He is full of shit, there is not enough air from a stock turbo to get in the 11's.

    Quote Originally Posted by T/A98 View Post
    Not even possible. A friend of mine owns an 05 cummins 4 door short bed and has gotten a best of 13.06 launching in 4wd. he has full 5" exhaust, intake, injectors, complete fuel system, custom tune and i think some other stuff im forgeting.
    He should be able to run faster than that, but i agree about with you about the other comment. Is your friends a stick or auto? Has he built the auto tranny or put a good clutch in?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChvyCruzen View Post
    My dad has a 2001 F250 Ext Cab 4X4 with the 7.3L turbo desiel ... all stock. Man that sucker has torque but it doesnt seem to have much power. I can imagine that a chip mod could open up that motor pretty good. It definitely takes a good driver to run a desiel truck pretty hard and quick. I haven't had much seat time in my dad's truck but I just can't be "quick" in that truck like a good driver could....
    7.3 are slow as hell, they are reliable and tow great, but not the best race truck platform. 6.0 is a whole different truck.


    Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    4wd will kill his time...

    diesels can be absolute monsters... i'd be careful on the bet...
    You'd be suprised, 4wd doesnt shave much off the MPH and will still trap a faster time then running in 2wd.

    Quote Originally Posted by T/A98 View Post
    haha cuz its a 6.0. His EGR cooler will crap out then blow the headgaskets followed up by a turbo failure.
    LMAO We dont call em 6leakers for nothin lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Diesel
    By johnfin in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-06-2014, 07:58 AM
  2. Called called back from furlough thank god
    By Jays00ss in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-28-2011, 11:46 AM
  3. diesel and off road diesel. what the diff?
    By greatwhiteZ28 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-24-2007, 08:32 PM
  4. MB diesel
    By lt2fire in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-06-2007, 11:35 PM
  5. opinions in the 6.5l Diesel
    By In_style in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-07-2006, 11:38 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •