Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Called out by 80 something TA

Well a couple days ago this guy that lives a couple houses down from my girlfriend came up to me saying that he was going to be buying a 80 something TA M5 and wanted to race my 00 WS6 M6 with headers,exhaust,and intake lid for like $500. I didnt even hesitate to say heck yea. then today the old hippie that currently owns the car came to me saying the same thing, wanting to race for $500. Which I finally got to look at the car up close. This thing is super ragged out. It supposedly has a 68' 350 block, i dont know what kind of heads or anything it has. it might have a small cam. regardless it is backyard built engine. and before the stoner cam to me i seen him drive by and this TA didnt even sound like a V8 muscle car at all, i wasnt impressed at all. but of course all the hicks around here talk like this car is a god send and even went as far as to say that it runs 12's which i highly doubt. So im thinking this is an easy oppurtunity to make $500 cause the only thing i have to worry about is me spinning out of the hole which can be controlled.

Could be an easy opportunity to lose $500 too. You have no idea what the car has in it for a motor, trans or rear. I wouldn't race for that kind of money unless I knew a lot more about the car. Then again I haven't seen it either. Good luck.

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Don't let the Junker look fool you a lot of people leave them that way to make money.

Black

I agree. It could be a sleeper. but im still a little skeptic that this guys TA can run low 12's, i dont know we will see where this progresses and if nothing else then i will just borrow my friends drag radials . cause im fairly confident that as long as i can get him out of the hole or at least stay with him out of the hole i should be alright.

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Traction traction traction...... Def have to be careful though. I'd check to make sure he aint sprayin. Past that I don't know how much I'd worry... You need to use your eyes and get the jump outta the hole. I don't see it keepin up once on the roll......
    96 Imp SS- 12.74@103, 1.74 60' out of fuel

06 AWD TB SS- 12.58@106, 1.76 60'

01 Camaro SS- Totaled

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

It's not a TTA with the 3.8 turbo is it? Stock it only put out a underrated 250ish but it was actually pretty quick...and you know how those factory boosted cars are. I think it's turbo was from the Grand National

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Don't let some of those backyard hot rods fool ya. I know a car like that 75 nova looks beat to hell and back. Motor looked like it was sitting for 20 years. the whole thing looked like it was sitting for years. Rusty headers factory looking faded paint valve covers etc. Yet internally it was a 383, ported dart heads matched intake double pumper and nitrous ran 7's on motor and 6's on nitrous in the 8th. I can build one that looks 50 years old yet has all new parts. Just be careful it might be your typical redneck with a 14 second car with a 350 and 3/4 cam (whatever the hell that is).

Id still try it out. What exact year is it? A "68 350" sounds like a random detail that is made up.

Black

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    It's not a TTA with the 3.8 turbo is it? Stock it only put out a underrated 250ish but it was actually pretty quick...and you know how those factory boosted cars are. I think it's turbo was from the Grand National
    no it is naturally aspirated. had what looked like a edelbrock 400 carbeurator.

black, and black
    04 M6

old ta

well i suspect its the old i bulit my car and have never drove any fast, i know my car will beat your mentality they will be very surpised when you blow by them im sure, but u never know what kind of motor it is on the inside, and its whats on the inside that counts

Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

I'd take a look under the hood and car for any 'serious race' suspension parts and by what you've described. I'd race it, if it was factory weight and all. make sure you both show up to the races w/ your money.

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Very true about not knowing what a guy has under the hood.....there is a guy running around town now with an older T/A and it has a fresh 572 in it!!! Talk about getting your a$$ handed to you and not knowing what hit you......

Thread Information