Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C6 vs N/A cobra

black/white
    99 Cobra/96 Ram 4x4/08 R6

C6 vs N/A cobra

My buddy just got an 05 C6 auto and we ran. Im in a 99 cobra with cai, h pipe and flows, so pretty much stock. We ran from 20-120 and he only had 3.5 cars on me. He said he didnt spin at take off. Shouldnt he be running faster than that? I think my stang is slow, but i guess i might be wrong idk

Tell me what you think

Black
    01 Camaro SS

My guess is he's runnin on 7 cylinders....
    96 Imp SS- 12.74@103, 1.74 60' out of fuel

06 AWD TB SS- 12.58@106, 1.76 60'

01 Camaro SS- Totaled

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

wonder if he was manually shifting his auto

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

He was only 1/2 throttle the entire race LOL,

I have never been scared of a c6, there ok fast but nothing more unless they have a TT setup or something Forced induction.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

i raced a c6 a few days ago tranny was unknown but im in belief that it was an 07-08 as his exhaust note got very loud and raspier as he was accelerating away after the race..........i beat him by about 1 car from 70-120...hope this helps

black/white
    99 Cobra/96 Ram 4x4/08 R6

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post

I have never been scared of a c6, there ok fast but nothing more unless they have a TT setup or something Forced induction.
    Idk about the half throttle part, lol, he's not the type to play around. He jumped out of his car hootin and hollerin at me saying "I spanked that ass joe" I will admit he did do so, but i figured he would have won by 6-8 cars or even more considering we went to 120. I'll be getting 4.10s hopefully in a few weeks and then we'll see what that vettes all about. haha

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Well most vette owners are a little cocky LOL, But the last vette I ran was a newer 2004-2007 with a TT setup. Was an older man driving late 40's and after I whooped that ass in the 1/8th mile (Only track we have here) He was Gracious enough to give me a thumbs up after the race. So I guess sometimes they just don't perform like we expect.

10's N/A

No disrespect Sleeper101, but I don't understand where you get your 'vette information from. An '05 C6 AUTO w/ any driver that knows how to launch is capable of mid 12's; the M6 cars have wen't low 12's at around 115. And remember that's only the base C6. I believe it was GMHTP that took a stock C6 Z06 to 10.90's. Vette's are beyond o.k. fast and don't need a twin-turbo behind it to be impressive - trust me. Check out DigitalCorvettes.com and their are plenty of guys with impressive C6's.

Well most vette owners are a little cocky LOL, But the last vette I ran was a newer 2004-2007 with a TT setup. Was an older man driving late 40's and after I whooped that ass in the 1/8th mile (Only track we have here) He was Gracious enough to give me a thumbs up after the race. So I guess sometimes they just don't perform like we expect.
    Vette's with good drivers always perform like I expect!

Quote Originally Posted by fox87stang View Post
    My buddy just got an 05 C6 auto and we ran. Im in a 99 cobra with cai, h pipe and flows, so pretty much stock. We ran from 20-120 and he only had 3.5 cars on me. He said he didnt spin at take off. Shouldnt he be running faster than that? I think my stang is slow, but i guess i might be wrong idk

Tell me what you think
    As for the race, your friends vette is probably running foul. An average Cobra w/ bolt-ons should be in the mid 13's with stock 3.27 gears. Your friends car should be in the 12's. Maybe it looked like 3.5 cars, but really was like 6???

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

[QUOTE=N20LT4;1475272]No disrespect Sleeper101, but I don't understand where you get your 'vette information from. An '05 C6 AUTO w/ any driver that knows how to launch is capable of mid 12's; the M6 cars have wen't low 12's at around 115. And remember that's only the base C6. I believe it was GMHTP that took a stock C6 Z06 to 10.90's. Vette's are beyond o.k. fast and don't need a twin-turbo behind it to be impressive - trust me. Check out DigitalCorvettes.com and their are plenty of guys with impressive C6's.

Vette's with good drivers always perform like I expect!

QUOTE]

I don't really get Vette information, Read a few articles every now and again. But I only based my opinions off what I have seen at my local track. (Real world Numbers) It must be something about were I live I guess, But I have never seen a good performer around here.

There is a 2006 one running around here, Black with Nice rims, looks like exhaust upgrade, Prob a few other things. I have been next to him twice and he wouldn't race, I honestly think he was scared b/c he always took the next light and turned off. He wouldn't talk either.

Just what I have experienced man. Im sure there different in other states. Im a vette owner myself. Older (1980) But mines just for joy rides.

10's N/A

I don't really get Vette information, Read a few articles every now and again. But I only based my opinions off what I have seen at my local track. (Real world Numbers) It must be something about were I live I guess, But I have never seen a good performer around here.

There is a 2006 one running around here, Black with Nice rims, looks like exhaust upgrade, Prob a few other things. I have been next to him twice and he wouldn't race, I honestly think he was scared b/c he always took the next light and turned off. He wouldn't talk either.

Just what I have experienced man. Im sure there different in other states. Im a vette owner myself. Older (1980) But mines just for joy rides.
    I can understand that. Some guys just don't know how to get the most out of their vehicles. I was thinking that, if a Corvette is just o.k. fast, then what does that make an f-body??? LOL

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    I can understand that. Some guys just don't know how to get the most out of their vehicles. I was thinking that, if a Corvette is just o.k. fast, then what does that make an f-body??? LOL
    The Fat Kid on the Block

10's N/A

Here's a little clip of a C6 I thought you might like.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Dang, Im at work can't get youtube, Street fire and others I can.

10's N/A

Dang, Im at work can't get youtube, Street fire and others I can.
    Sucks. Oh well, you can watch it later.

Black
    2000 Z-28

Yeah I saw that video...I think it was on streetfire actually. That car is ridiculous!! lol

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by fox87stang View Post

Tell me what you think
    Sounds about right...3.5 cars is like a bus length dude!

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Simply sounds like the Corvette didn't drop into 1st gear.

I would expect a little more distance....but even with an automatic, driver can make a huge difference (IE: djvaly).
    Last edited by Mr. Luos; 05-21-2008 at 07:18 PM.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

No way.

I spent the weekend toying with an 08 LS3 C6 M6 and it has some hairy ones. The car is much stronger than I expected. It was the first LS3 I have ridden in or worked on; had 1800 miles on it.

BONE STOCK this car should trap 116-118 going off of my highly calibrated butt-dyno

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    No way.

I spent the weekend toying with an 08 LS3 C6 M6 and it has some hairy ones. The car is much stronger than I expected. It was the first LS3 I have ridden in or worked on; had 1800 miles on it.

BONE STOCK this car should trap 116-118 going off of my highly calibrated butt-dyno

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

sweet car dude

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

It's not mine, it's a good friend from out-of-town's car. That pretty green Silverado in the back of the first pic is mine though

Thread Information