Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

bye bye new mustang!!!

This is a discussion on bye bye new mustang!!! within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD In 1995 (when some of you weren't even 10 years old), the Cobra R was a ...

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    In 1995 (when some of you weren't even 10 years old), the Cobra R was a fast car. Very limited, and very expensive, but also very fast. By the time the LS1 came around 3 years later.....not so much.

It is now highly sought after.

I remember reading a few magazine articles on it when it first came out, but I couldn't remember the times of it. Now several years later I remembered it sounding so much faster back then.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

MuscleCar Review went 13.6 @ ~103. For a magazine, that was pretty quick in 95. Of course, as stated ealier, it was a bare-bones car. What wasn't stated earlier is that it was setup far more for road racing than drag racing.

Bob

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

In 1995 (when some of you weren't even 10 years old), the Cobra R was a fast car. Very limited, and very expensive, but also very fast. By the time the LS1 came around 3 years later.....not so much.

It is now highly sought after.
    Yea for the time it was quite a monster. But you dont see too many people splurging for a 95 Cobra R for the performance. Its just such a collectible car now. Personally i'd rather spend the extra couple 10k on a 2000 R or hunt down a 93 R, the rarest of them all.

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

MuscleCar Review went 13.6 @ ~103. For a magazine, that was pretty quick in 95. Of course, as stated ealier, it was a bare-bones car. What wasn't stated earlier is that it was setup far more for road racing than drag racing.

Bob
    mid 13 is fast, still. It is just not the fastest anymore. I love the fact that car companies are pushing each other higher and higher each year. It is good old competion and the consumer wins. Just like banks lowering interests rates to compete for customers. Its great.

I do wonder when it will stop? I mean a factory car use to be super exotic and fast as hell if it had 380 horsepower. That was in the 90's. Now cars are coming from Ford with a stage 3 Roushcharger pushing 440 and a GT 500 pushing 500, or the regular vette pushing 400 and the Z pushing 505. Hell the new Viper is a 600 horse car and the new GT500KR is going to be 530 horse, and I hear of a Supercharged ZO6 pushing 650, its all so wonderful, but how long will it last?

In the 60's it happend the same way, cars went up and up in horsepower, then, about 72 or so the cars went the other way, and horsepower went way down real quick. Is is coming again?

Navy Blue Metalic
    1998 Trans Am

If they come out with a supercharged Z06, I will inquire! But untill that day comes i will stick with my LS1 with 410 at the wheels and maybe even possibly sc my LS1 ! But for all the gm vs ford guys, we know that stock WS6's will beat any production stock mustang period! There is no reason to argue which is better, when f-bodies are the most sought after american muscle car!!!

Navy Blue Metalic
    1998 Trans Am

P.S. I have a buddie who owns a 99t/a which runs 9.5-9.7 seconds in the 1/4 on all motor, that means no sc, tc, or spray, show me a stang that can match that!!!

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Quote Originally Posted by 1badassls1 View Post
    P.S. I have a buddie who owns a 99t/a which runs 9.5-9.7 seconds in the 1/4 on all motor, that means no sc, tc, or spray, show me a stang that can match that!!!
    Wow you're an idiot dude. Terminators and GT500s, to answer your first post. And if you'd actually do some research, i gaurantee you'll find a mustang that can do mid 9s on motor. Jesus christ i cant believe people.

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    mid 13 is fast, still. It is just not the fastest anymore. I love the fact that car companies are pushing each other higher and higher each year. It is good old competion and the consumer wins. Just like banks lowering interests rates to compete for customers. Its great.

I do wonder when it will stop? I mean a factory car use to be super exotic and fast as hell if it had 380 horsepower. That was in the 90's. Now cars are coming from Ford with a stage 3 Roushcharger pushing 440 and a GT 500 pushing 500, or the regular vette pushing 400 and the Z pushing 505. Hell the new Viper is a 600 horse car and the new GT500KR is going to be 530 horse, and I hear of a Supercharged ZO6 pushing 650, its all so wonderful, but how long will it last?

In the 60's it happend the same way, cars went up and up in horsepower, then, about 72 or so the cars went the other way, and horsepower went way down real quick. Is is coming again?
    Thats a good point. The mustang only kept up with GM in performance because GM kept making their shit faster and faster. And the new Super Snake GT500s (extension of the GT500KR) are rumored at anywhere from 650hp to 720hp. And what i absolutely cannot wait for is the camaro to come out so then ford can yet again have some competition, and build to compete instead of for shits and giggles. I definitely think we're in for another muscle car drought here soon. Once hybrids and hydrogen cars start to surface more and more, they will start to eliminate all the true born muscle.

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by 01RaptorTA View Post
    Thats a good point. The mustang only kept up with GM in performance because GM kept making their shit faster and faster. And the new Super Snake GT500s (extension of the GT500KR) are rumored at anywhere from 650hp to 720hp. And what i absolutely cannot wait for is the camaro to come out so then ford can yet again have some competition, and build to compete instead of for shits and giggles. I definitely think we're in for another muscle car drought here soon. Once hybrids and hydrogen cars start to surface more and more, they will start to eliminate all the true born muscle.
    I agree, but I think the 5.0 Fords started the war back up. The mid 80's 5.0's were fast and people started modding the hell out of them, then the Z28 and TAs started getting faster with the tune port injection models, then came the LT1. The LT1 was king, so Ford uped their cars to compete, then came the LS1, so Ford went with a supercharger, and then the LS2, so ford uped the GT to 300 horse, and so on and so on. But now Dodge is in on it with a couple of cars (besides the Viper) and dont forget the evos and other foreign cars that are fast. I hope it never ends, but it will.

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Well i personally think the more high end performers like the Viper, GT500, Corvette, those wont ever die (for a while atleast). If we come to another muscle car death due to hybrid/hydrogen cars becoming popular, i still think that the big 3 will keep their top end muscle alive because there will always be that old retired guy who wont ever buy a hybrid.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

If they come out with a supercharged Z06, I will inquire!
    The current Z06 is $70k. A blown Z06 would certainly be somewhat more. How are you going to pay for this car at 20 years old?

But untill that day comes i will stick with my LS1 with 410 at the wheels and maybe even possibly sc my LS1!
    Cool. Knock yourself out.

But for all the gm vs ford guys, we know that stock WS6's will beat any production stock mustang period!
    This isn't even worth answering.

There is no reason to argue which is better, when f-bodies are the most sought after american muscle car!!!
    Ditto.

Wow! No way! That's awesome!

Say, I have a buddy that runs on all motor, which means no sc, tc, or spray. He only has 330 cubic inches though, so he doesn't run 9.5-9.7. Here's a video...and another angle in case you missed it the first time. Tell me what you think!

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Say, I have a buddy that runs on all motor, which means no sc, tc, or spray. He only has 330 cubic inches though, so he doesn't run 9.5-9.7. Here's a video...and another angle in case you missed it the first time. Tell me what you think!
    Nice job dude, pwnt.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information