Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

BWM M5 Fun

This is a discussion on BWM M5 Fun within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by jomo Questionable kill. He tries to go with you twice you don't race, then you hammer it ...

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Questionable kill. He tries to go with you twice you don't race, then you hammer it on the third go and he was not ready. If I tried to go with someone twice and they give me no sign to go then I would not bother with them the third time.

I know your car was not warmed up yet.

Did you rev or give him any indication you were ready to go??
    Gotta agree. Wouldn't really be proud of a "kill" the way you got him or having him get pulled over.

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by 99 Kobra View Post
    A stock Terminator does the quarter in 12.9 at 111 mph. It's curb weight is 3,650 lbs. A stock 2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8 does the quarter in 13.4 at 106 mph. It's curb weight is 4,160 lbs.
    What is your point?

Quote Originally Posted by 99 Kobra View Post
    If you're not stock, then I don't understand what your point is. You think it's impressive that your modified Charger that weighs over 2 tons can beat stock F-bodies and Terminators?
    Terminators? Yes.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    Gotta agree. Wouldn't really be proud of a "kill" the way you got him or having him get pulled over.
    He is the one who got himself pulled over. No fault of the OP. Both of them could have gotten stopped, just happened to be the other guy

Red
    2002 Z06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    He is the one who got himself pulled over. No fault of the OP. Both of them could have gotten stopped, just happened to be the other guy
    Some of you guys kill me. With your LS, SVT, and Mopar biased hating you are starting to reflect ricer mentality. I was a late '80's early '90 5.0 man. Best bang that I could afford for the buck. Then I went '01 WS6 when the incentives wars were on. After getting all the bolt-ons and getting smoked a few times by Terminators and Z06's I did my math and went the Z06 route because of the power to weight advantage. On my first '03 Z06 with full bolt-ons I ran a late model Porche Turbo on more than one occasion on the way to work. One day we had two or three runs from a roll and a let him go first on all the runs, reeled him in, and handed it to him. We were coming up on a red ligh and I was excited to go from a dead stop. The light was yellow when I stopped and ny the time he rolled through the ligh to avoid another run it was red. A county patrollman was sitting at the intersecting red light to my left. The porche couldn't see him so in order to avoid lining up beside me he shoots through the red light. The officer pursues and he is pulled over up ahead. The guy in the Porche gives me a shoulder shrug and I head on to the office. I took no pleasure in him getting a ticket. That Carrera Turbo was one bad looking ride. Point is I am a sports car fanatic that like most of you buy what I can afford and mod. it likewise. The new Challenger SRT8 is one bad looking ride, as is the GT500. Are they over weight for my liking? Absolutely! But don't be so critical of all the brand X's. We all have the same passion for what we have in the garage. Let's give each other a little more respect
    02' Z06 EB/EB 4.6K miles, Longtubes, Off-road X, Pypes X-back, Blackwing CAI, Comp. Cam 238/240-.605/.609-112LSA, Comp. Beehive Springs, Comp. Titanium Retainers, Comp. Perf. Push Rods, Comp. Billet Double Roller Timing Chain, Hurst Short Throw, Cray 19"/20" w/ Toyo Proxes4 265/30/19's & 295/30/20's

Numbers mean a lot in the performance world and the thread started about a beemer.
    04 C5 A4 Torch Red

2009 CTS4 Ice Black

2013 1500 Silverado Z71

02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

Red
    2002 Z06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    Numbers mean a lot in the performance world and the thread started about a beemer.
    The license plate is the only thing that counts in the real world. Do you see mine or do I see yours when we run? The Mopar owner simply gave his opinion on the "Beemer Kill" and then you start bashing Mopar Sleds. Guess compared to my ride you drive an overweight sled

red
    2000 camaro ss

no, yours is an underweight sled.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKNIGHT03Z06 View Post
    Some of you guys kill me. With your LS, SVT, and Mopar biased hating you are starting to reflect ricer mentality. I was a late '80's early '90 5.0 man. Best bang that I could afford for the buck. Then I went '01 WS6 when the incentives wars were on. After getting all the bolt-ons and getting smoked a few times by Terminators and Z06's I did my math and went the Z06 route because of the power to weight advantage. On my first '03 Z06 with full bolt-ons I ran a late model Porche Turbo on more than one occasion on the way to work. One day we had two or three runs from a roll and a let him go first on all the runs, reeled him in, and handed it to him. We were coming up on a red ligh and I was excited to go from a dead stop. The light was yellow when I stopped and ny the time he rolled through the ligh to avoid another run it was red. A county patrollman was sitting at the intersecting red light to my left. The porche couldn't see him so in order to avoid lining up beside me he shoots through the red light. The officer pursues and he is pulled over up ahead. The guy in the Porche gives me a shoulder shrug and I head on to the office. I took no pleasure in him getting a ticket. That Carrera Turbo was one bad looking ride. Point is I am a sports car fanatic that like most of you buy what I can afford and mod. it likewise. The new Challenger SRT8 is one bad looking ride, as is the GT500. Are they over weight for my liking? Absolutely! But don't be so critical of all the brand X's. We all have the same passion for what we have in the garage. Let's give each other a little more respect
    I never bashed mopars. Or fords... I don't care for BMW's because they are too expensive and there is better performance to be had for cheaper. I have owned both a Mustang GT, and a charger R/T in the past and they have their plusses just like LSX based cars. I also have owned a couple fast imports... I wasnt bashing anyone just saying that the BMW driver got himself pulled over not the OP.

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

v8's suck, american muscle.....big fat heavy cars.

They are no match for a 2300 pound turbo fed hatchback with a H22.

j/k guys

I would have raced him even if my engine was cold. Reminds me of a time i was cruising around with maxpit on the 8 in San Diego when i hear something loud i look to my right and it was 70's,1 or 2 plymouth sattelite. I romped on it and we gave a quick sprint. I slowed down and he romped on it again and pretty much zoomed across the freeway in front of me, unbeknownst to us a cop was coming onto the freeway. Just as i was a about to tear it up the cop flashed his sparkles and went after the guy.

Getting pulled over sucks, i really wanted to see what he had, by the looks of his acceleration though, he would have ass raped me.

Red
    2002 Z06 Corvette

I never bashed mopars. Or fords... I don't care for BMW's because they are too expensive and there is better performance to be had for cheaper. I have owned both a Mustang GT, and a charger R/T in the past and they have their plusses just like LSX based cars. I also have owned a couple fast imports... I wasnt bashing anyone just saying that the BMW driver got himself pulled over not the OP.
    Sorry,

My reply wasn't intended for you but the others who always start the brand wars. Just like you I always bought the best bang for the buck. Sorry for the confusion.

Red
    2002 Z06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by side2000 View Post
    no, yours is an underweight sled.
    I agree until I get my Maggie installed. It won't be putting 695 to the rear wheels like my last Z06 but it will still be fun. You are close to Georgia by chance are you? I'll ignore my Valentine One and let you do a fly by on one of our camera enforced intersections

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKNIGHT03Z06 View Post
    Sorry,

My reply wasn't intended for you but the others who always start the brand wars. Just like you I always bought the best bang for the buck. Sorry for the confusion.
    It's all good

There are more Mustangs and LS1's in this world that will beat SRT 8's than the other way around... and that is a fact. AS far as the kill; when you street race, you can't be pissed if someone gets pulled over... kinda comes with the game. Funny thing is, most people hate on the popo for pulling them over. It's their %$^*ing job... Would've been a good run though!

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by fox1x View Post
    There are more Mustangs and LS1's in this world that will beat SRT 8's than the other way around...
    True but none of them have 4 doors!!!

Red
    2002 Z06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Deuuuce View Post
    True but none of them have 4 doors!!!
    Man you ever tried to sit an adult butt in the back seat of a WS6? GM should have just added an extended hatch and shaved off the rear infant seats.

Approver of Threads SpecterGT260's Avatar

Blacked out
    '98 Trans Am

wait..... have they finally gotten 12s out of a stock charger?

Red
    2002 Z06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by SpecterGT260 View Post
    wait..... have they finally gotten 12s out of a stock charger?
    I personally saw 12 Hispanics getting out of one at El Pueblito's the other day

330xi
    03' BMW

hahaha i always love it how people bash BMW for being expensive.

I consider DC to be a pretty expensive cost-of-living location. I've been seeing 01' M5's going for under 30k (typically 24-28k). It has 400hp stock and u name a luxury and it has it. Also the safety features like crash test ratings along with comfortably of the ride too (seats, handling, stability control, etc). Many different factors play a role in the price. Oh yeah, the M5 is full sedan with a full back seat too.

Im not knocking any other cars but in BMW's defense you get a LOT of car for what you call a "high price". A car that is under 30k with luxuries and 400hp is what your going to spend anyway. I see ls1 gto's going for 22-26k all day. Dont get me wrong I love the LS motors. I've been looking at the new ls2 gto's, g8 GT's, z06's, and m5's. :-)

In regards to the original post... Yeah, that's kinda ricey sounding.

red
    2000 camaro ss

what ya gonna do to an m5 to make it fast w/o spendin a ton of money? they are expensive.

NBM
    2000 Z28 M6 Vert

Quote Originally Posted by pish180 View Post
    hahaha i always love it how people bash BMW for being expensive.

I consider DC to be a pretty expensive cost-of-living location. I've been seeing 01' M5's going for under 30k (typically 24-28k). It has 400hp stock and u name a luxury and it has it. Also the safety features like crash test ratings along with comfortably of the ride too (seats, handling, stability control, etc). Many different factors play a role in the price. Oh yeah, the M5 is full sedan with a full back seat too.

Im not knocking any other cars but in BMW's defense you get a LOT of car for what you call a "high price". A car that is under 30k with luxuries and 400hp is what your going to spend anyway. I see ls1 gto's going for 22-26k all day. Dont get me wrong I love the LS motors. I've been looking at the new ls2 gto's, g8 GT's, z06's, and m5's. :-)

In regards to the original post... Yeah, that's kinda ricey sounding.
    WTF? Dumbass is acting a fool trying to get me to go. This pretentious asshole was way more ricer than me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information