Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 79

Bugatti Veyron...lol

This is a discussion on Bugatti Veyron...lol within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by ls1dreaming Autobahn (sp). The autobahn wins. I was stationed in Germany for two years and got to ...

  1. #21
    Army of 1 wooddaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alachua, Fl
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,733

    Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

    Quote Originally Posted by ls1dreaming View Post
    Autobahn (sp).
    The autobahn wins. I was stationed in Germany for two years and got to enjoy it.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Z28Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, Ok
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,542

    Arctic White
    2000 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by damianj03 View Post
    wonder what would happen between the veron and the gorilla vette in the FI section?
    Aye that would be a killer to see.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Schmalgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Alpharetta, Ga
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,060

    04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

    Quote Originally Posted by blackbird0230 View Post
    I think the horsepower thing is gettin out of hand to be honest. I had no problem with seeing 435 horsepower in top of the line vettes but the ZR1 is playing with 700, And who needs to go 200mph? I would rather see a car that is fastest down a 1/4 mile. Eh, I'm speaking out of my ass.
    It's just like the CPU wars of recent years (yeah I am a geek). All Intel and AMD did was pump out CPUs with a higher mhz rating than the other guys, until they hit the ceiling and had to find truly innovative ways to improve performance.

    Same with performance cars. The ignorant masses see a higher number and are easily convinced it means 'better'.

  4. #24
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    It's just like the CPU wars of recent years (yeah I am a geek). All Intel and AMD did was pump out CPUs with a higher mhz rating than the other guys, until they hit the ceiling and had to find truly innovative ways to improve performance.

    Same with performance cars. The ignorant masses see a higher number and are easily convinced it means 'better'.
    however in the case of the veyron ...it is better ....yea you can throw some turbos on a z06 ..but the veyron has tires custom for the car and its high speed acceleration but more important its braking ....its rotors and pads are made specially to handle the power...the veyron's rear suspension and chassis are made by a company that makes areospace parts.....so it is like overclocking a cpu (tt vettes etc) compared to a production cpu (veyron)

    the overclocked cpu can run at the same speed if not faster than a regular clocked cpu...but the regular cpu is made for that speed and as such its heat and power consumption and ease of use/stability is good...however the overclocked runs hot , consumes a lot of power, and the use and stability is compromised

  5. #25
    Senior Member Schmalgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Alpharetta, Ga
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,060

    04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    however in the case of the veyron ...it is better ....yea you can throw some turbos on a z06 ..but the veyron has tires custom for the car and its high speed acceleration but more important its braking ....its rotors and pads are made specially to handle the power...the veyron's rear suspension and chassis are made by a company that makes areospace parts.....so it is like overclocking a cpu (tt vettes etc) compared to a production cpu (veyron)

    the overclocked cpu can run at the same speed if not faster than a regular clocked cpu...but the regular cpu is made for that speed and as such its heat and power consumption and ease of use/stability is good...however the overclocked runs hot , consumes a lot of power, and the use and stability is compromised
    oh no doubt, you're completely right about both the car and the cpu analogy. I simply mean that performance car makers tend to focus on that one number as the sole important factor, and rich ignorant people pays gobs of money to get that higher HP number. And soon they're (probably) have to find other ways to improve performance that don't deal strictly with that magic HP number...

  6. #26
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    oh no doubt, you're completely right about both the car and the cpu analogy. I simply mean that performance car makers tend to focus on that one number as the sole important factor, and rich ignorant people pays gobs of money to get that higher HP number. And soon they're (probably) have to find other ways to improve performance that don't deal strictly with that magic HP number...

  7. #27
    Some entertainment for you guys from Top Gear. Enjoy:

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO0PgyPWE3o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO0PgyPWE3o[/ame]

  8. #28
    Senior Member Schmalgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Alpharetta, Ga
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,060

    04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

    ok, I have to admit, that's a pretty badass car. Only 850k pounds... what's that, about 1.5 million US?

    I can't even imagine the tunnel vision you'd have at 200+ mph... 12 minutes of fuel, 15 minutes of tires at top speed. That's awesome.

  9. #29
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    saw one down here in S Fl. driving around. I see one every now and then in a dealership but it was pretty cool to see it on the road. Honestly i'm no fan of its styling. If i had a choice i would be all over the SSC Aero, looks a hell of a lot better and just as fast.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    saw one down here in S Fl. driving around. I see one every now and then in a dealership but it was pretty cool to see it on the road. Honestly i'm no fan of its styling. If i had a choice i would be all over the SSC Aero, looks a hell of a lot better and just as fast.
    Yeah, but the SSC Aero TT is quite a handful. When they where going for the world record, the driver reported tire spin at 150mph that filled the cabin with smoke when he tried to go full throttle. The Bugatti Veyron will do it's top speed run with you sipping a cup of coffee, one hand on the wheel, with perfect traction, and no drama whatsoever. That's the difference. Of course that doesn't appeal to everyone, but the car is a technological/mechanical marvel for being able to civilize and tame 1001hp in a road car that any idiot can drive.

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    Yeah, but the SSC Aero TT is quite a handful. When they where going for the world record, the driver reported tire spin at 150mph that filled the cabin with smoke when he tried to go full throttle. The Bugatti Veyron will do it's top speed run with you sipping a cup of coffee, one hand on the wheel, with perfect traction, and no drama whatsoever. That's the difference. Of course that doesn't appeal to everyone, but the car is a technological/mechanical marvel for being able to civilize and tame 1001hp in a road car that any idiot can drive.
    Troof, any fi v8 can make 1000hp hell alot of 4 bangers and most 6s with fi can. But making it refined, streetable, built to handle the power and easy to handle like the veyron is another story.

  12. #32
    Junior Member somz28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Odessa, Texas
    Posts
    53

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    2001 Camaro Z28

    amazingg

  13. #33
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    however in the case of the veyron ...it is better ....yea you can throw some turbos on a z06 ..but the veyron has tires custom for the car and its high speed acceleration but more important its braking ....its rotors and pads are made specially to handle the power...the veyron's rear suspension and chassis are made by a company that makes areospace parts.....so it is like overclocking a cpu (tt vettes etc) compared to a production cpu (veyron)

    the overclocked cpu can run at the same speed if not faster than a regular clocked cpu...but the regular cpu is made for that speed and as such its heat and power consumption and ease of use/stability is good...however the overclocked runs hot , consumes a lot of power, and the use and stability is compromised
    I agree but disagree. The Z06 out handles that car, damn near out brakes it (60% of braking comes from the Wing of the Veyron) Watched a special on it for a couple hours, its nice but its also junk. That being said, if I was rich I would rock it because I could But since I'm smart, it would be the last car I would buy I care about my money unlike the rich
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

    Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

    Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

  14. #34
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    I agree but disagree. The Z06 out handles that car, damn near out brakes it (60% of braking comes from the Wing of the Veyron) Watched a special on it for a couple hours, its nice but its also junk. That being said, if I was rich I would rock it because I could But since I'm smart, it would be the last car I would buy I care about my money unlike the rich
    think about that for a little bit ......a 1000 pound lighter car almost brakes as well as it ........and i dont think the same can be said for 150-0 etc ......i dont know how you could call it junk tho ........the transmission is a work of art..shifts in 150 milliseconds ..that wing as you said is for increased braking but made by a aerospace company .....but the biggest thing about the veyron is its ease of use...it has all the bells and whistles and is smooth at 60 as it is at 200mph ........i also doubt that gorillavette's car will be posting up braking times like that or such...however the powerplant seems overkill ...a W16 plus TTs ...it could have been done with less..but none the less it is a amazing car in terms of engineering and such ...and yeah i herd it handles corners like shit

  15. #35
    Member blackbird0230's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    828

    Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

    It's an over priced peice because of all the engineering that went in to it.
    I'm watchin this show about it right now and they said base price with no options is 1,750,000!!!! WTF?

  16. #36
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by blackbird0230 View Post
    It's an over priced peice because of all the engineering that went in to it.
    how does that make it overpriced......your car's msrp was based on the engineering and the cost of manufacturing plus a profit. same as the veyron ..

  17. #37
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by blackbird0230 View Post
    I'm watchin this show about it right now and they said base price with no options is 1,750,000!!!! WTF?
    lol could you imagine cutting a check for that much....might need to ask for special checks that have a larger spot to write in the amount

  18. #38
    Member blackbird0230's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    828

    Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

    It's overpriced man, were talking about nearly 2 million for a car!
    Imagine all the cars you can buy for that much.

    I'd have my 70 chevelle ss ls6, 69 z/28 302, 70 AAR cuda, 67 corvette 427, 70 nova ss, 69 roadrunner, 09 ZR1..... Get the picture? I'd get much much more pleasure out of those and still have enough money to buy gas!

  19. #39
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    lol could you imagine cutting a check for that much....might need to ask for special checks that have a larger spot to write in the amount
    If I'm writting a check for that much you can bet I won't be standing in a Bugatti(sp) dealer. Can we say Ferrari? lol
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif


    Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

  20. #40
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    If I'm writting a check for that much you can bet I won't be standing in a Bugatti(sp) dealer. Can we say Ferrari? lol
    i would only take the enzo, 599 and the italia (sp) when it comes to ferrari ...i wouldnt even touch lambos...but a koenigsegg ccxr...yes plz!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Top gear - Bugatti Veyron vs McLaren F1 - Mile drag!!!
    By JIBBBY in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-08-2010, 08:41 AM
  2. Bugatti Veyron 16.4 LEGO (vid)
    By Soltakr in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-07-2010, 03:43 PM
  3. Bugatti Veyron ends up in a lake !!!
    By JoeShmoe in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-28-2009, 06:15 PM
  4. zr1 vs bugatti veyron!
    By big hammer in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-24-2009, 03:07 AM
  5. Bugatti Veyron @ TOP SPEED
    By Blackout in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-22-2007, 07:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •