Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Broke Loose, G35 Pulled.... Damn It!

On my way down Route 9 North, headed towards Home Depot last night.... when this White Infinity G35 speeds up along side of me. Guy's looking over, hitting, then letting off of the throttle repeatedly. Obviously trying to show off in front of his girlfriend, who were both looking over trying to see through my tint. I wasn't biting though.

Although he couldn't see me, he was in fact able to see my head turn towards him... as I glanced over to check out his ride. The schmuck, he used that opportunity to smirk at me (he knew I was now looking), then said something to his girlfriend, who started laughing out loud. He then punched it, and left me helpless, trapped, behind some mom in her minivan....

Alright now, it was on. F-Body pride is much too great, I couldn't just leave it at that. I slammed the accelerator, then forced my way over two lanes to the left. I could see that the traffic light was about a quarter of a mile away, and it was already red, with the G35 now lying in wait in the middle lane. As fate would have it, there was absolutely nobody in front of me. I slowly started creeping my way up over on his immediate left. Heh, the two of them were already looking over in anticipation....

It was freezing out last night, and I desperately wanted to heat the tires before I launched... but not only were we in a safe corridor, I already finished paying off a speeding ticket that I got not too log ago (this is what paranoia will do to ya). With my right hand trembling as it lightly grasped the emergency brake I decided, "the hell with it, tires should hold just fine".

The delayed green was just about finished for other traffic on the cross street, when I suddenly heard the guy's engine starting to rev. Although my LS1 is completely bone stock, I've taken out about a dozen of these cars over the summer. Let him impress his clueless girlfriend, hehe, victory is only a few seconds away....

Suddenly BAM,the light turns green, and I caught the Infinity's nose catch the corner of my eye. With no time to waste, I floored it (cardinal sin).... and immediately broke loose. Car started going sideways, but despite this, I still stayed neck and neck with him. Realizing now that I had no freaking choice, I had to ease up so I could catch. I let go of the accelerator, and he started pulling away. I finally caught, and with the LS1 now gaining momentum... I started reeling him in. But of course, I see his brake lights go on, as if to say, "point was made, race is over".

"Shit", I thought to myself, "Damn it"! Hey, a win's a win, and I'll admit, he won. But what was pissing me off all night long, was, I hope he realizes that he won because I broke loose. Heh, I'm sure he knows, but his girlfriend doesn't have a clue. I'm sure he plans on keeping it that way, too.

Oh well, I lost...

Black
    99 SS

dont worry my car does not come alive untill it hits about 65mph

Silver
    2000 TransAM M6

Damn that sux
    Shit happens i guess...
    At least you know which car would really win that race

Hark_Z
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal
    On my way down Route 9 North, headed towards Home Depot last night.... when this White Infinity G35 speeds up along side of me. Guy's looking over, hitting, then letting off of the throttle repeatedly. Obviously trying to show off in front of his girlfriend, who were both looking over trying to see through my tint. I wasn't biting though.

Although he couldn't see me, he was in fact able to see my head turn towards him... as I glanced over to check out his ride. The schmuck, he used that opportunity to smirk at me (he knew I was now looking), then said something to his girlfriend, who started laughing out loud. He then punched it, and left me helpless, trapped, behind some mom in her minivan....

Alright now, it was on. F-Body pride is much too great, I couldn't just leave it at that. I slammed the accelerator, then forced my way over two lanes to the left. I could see that the traffic light was about a quarter of a mile away, and it was already red, with the G35 now lying in wait in the middle lane. As fate would have it, there was absolutely nobody in front of me. I slowly started creeping my way up over on his immediate left. Heh, the two of them were already looking over in anticipation....

It was freezing out last night, and I desperately wanted to heat the tires before I launched... but not only were we in a safe corridor, I already finished paying off a speeding ticket that I got not too log ago (this is what paranoia will do to ya). With my right hand trembling as it lightly grasped the emergency brake I decided, "the hell with it, tires should hold just fine".

The delayed green was just about finished for other traffic on the cross street, when I suddenly heard the guy's engine starting to rev. Although my LS1 is completely bone stock, I've taken out about a dozen of these cars over the summer. Let him impress his clueless girlfriend, hehe, victory is only a few seconds away....

Suddenly BAM,the light turns green, and I caught the Infinity's nose catch the corner of my eye. With no time to waste, I floored it (cardinal sin).... and immediately broke loose. Car started going sideways, but despite this, I still stayed neck and neck with him. Realizing now that I had no freaking choice, I had to ease up so I could catch. I let go of the accelerator, and he started pulling away. I finally caught, and with the LS1 now gaining momentum... I started reeling him in. But of course, I see his brake lights go on, as if to say, "point was made, race is over".

"Shit", I thought to myself, "Damn it"! Hey, a win's a win, and I'll admit, he won. But what was pissing me off all night long, was, I hope he realizes that he won because I broke loose. Heh, I'm sure he knows, but his girlfriend doesn't have a clue. I'm sure he plans on keeping it that way, too.

Oh well, I lost...
    Doesn't sound like you even had a chance to reach your sweetspot! If I was an LS1 owner I would always try to race as long as possible until I win, lol. How fast did you get up to when you shut down?

I raced a 350 the other day in my car and it was like scary dead even until around 90 where we shut down. For some reason I was thinking that the 350's were a little stronger than the G35 coupes, perhaps not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hark_Z
    Doesn't sound like you even had a chance to reach your sweetspot! If I was an LS1 owner I would always try to race as long as possible until I win, lol. How fast did you get up to when you shut down?
    I spun bad from the dig, I was already starting to head into his lane.... as my right fender almost hit into his left. I had no choice but to let go, temporarily. When I finally caught, I blew right passed him. However, he seen me coming, and started tapping on his brakes to ease down before hand.

I shut down a tad over 100mph. Even though I was now car lengths ahead, I still kept on it out of frustration....

I raced a 350 the other day in my car and it was like scary dead even until around 90 where we shut down. For some reason I was thinking that the 350's were a little stronger than the G35 coupes, perhaps not.
    The G35 coupes are nothing. Had I hooked, he would have been raped. I'm running stock tires, in literally freezing weather. I'm over it now though.

... or am I!!!.

Hark_Z
    Nah he knew to shut off, he didn't give you a chance, lol. Had to be an overwhelming joy for him and he coulnd't wait to hit the brake lights!

btw don't feel bad I lost to my friend's explorer in the rain
    it was from a stop and he put it in 4X4 I just spun

silver
    01 mustang gt

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal

Oh well, I lost...
    that sucks ,its time to get some good tires.he may have been a good driver some of g35 are coming with more power then the 350z and the new g35 have better 1/4 times then the 350z.
    Last edited by bbs281; 11-27-2005 at 10:14 PM.

Future Super Trooper Mr. CarelessAndImprudent's Avatar
    '69 Camaro

shit happens, now he's cocky and gonna get embarrassed sometime

Tough luck on that one. Getting the power to the pavement always seems to be one of the biggest issue in any race.

5 ltr. beater
    Nah he knew to shut off, he didn't give you a chance, lol. Had to be an overwhelming joy for him and he coulnd't wait to hit the brake lights!

btw don't feel bad I lost to my friend's explorer in the rain
    it was from a stop and he put it in 4X4 I just spun

that reminds me, i lost to an expedition in the rain. i tried to get this guy but i just could'nt pull him in. i was sooooo pissed. Expedition's sure are fast......................in the rain.

redls1bird
    whats even worse are the g35 sedans with awd. they arent nearly as fast, but damn quick out of the hole!! even if you pull off a near perfect launch, they will still hang until about 45 mph... alont of new cars are geared really well up to about 70 mph. Thats why i still perfer a rolling start....

5 ltr. beater
    Quote Originally Posted by redls1bird
    whats even worse are the g35 sedans with awd. they arent nearly as fast, but damn quick out of the hole!! even if you pull off a near perfect launch, they will still hang until about 45 mph... alont of new cars are geared really well up to about 70 mph. Thats why i still perfer a rolling start....
    Since when did nissan put AWD on their G35/maxima sedans? I don't think Nissan ever offered such an option. I'll go make a post on the nissan/infinity forums but i'm 99% sure that G35's do not have an AWD option.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by 5 ltr. beater
    that reminds me, i lost to an expedition in the rain. i tried to get this guy but i just could'nt pull him in. i was sooooo pissed. Expedition's sure are fast......................in the rain.
    Yea the rain sucks...i'm afraid to even gun it on the freeway at a 70 roll in the rain...anyone ever went sideways doing that?

redls1bird
    straight from infiniti's website

" Mechanical

Engine type 3.5 liter V6

Drive type Rear-wheel drive or All-wheel drive

Horsepower
    Auto transmission 280 hp @ 6,200 RPM
    Manual transmission 298 hp @ 6,400 RPM

Torque
    Auto transmission 270 lb-ft @ 4,800 RPM
    Manual transmission 260 lb-ft @ 4,800 RPM

Suspension Front: Independent, forged-aluminum multi-link with coil springs over ripple-control shock absorbers, stabilizer bar.
    Rear: Independent, forged-aluminum multi-link with coil springs, outboard ripple-control shock absorbers, stabilizer bar.

Valvetrain DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder with microfinished camshafts and Continuously Variable Valve Timing Control System (CVTCS) for intake valves.

Intake system High-flow induction system

Brakes

Front/Rear 12.6"/12.1" ventilated discs with 4-wheel, 4-channel ABS

ABS type Computer-controlled 4-channel, 4-sensor with Electronic Brake force Distribution and Brake Assist

Turning diameter 36.0 feet/37.4 feet (6MT)

Wheels
    G35 7-spoke, 17" x 7.0" aluminum-alloy wheels
    Sport-tuned Suspension Package/G35 6MT 5-spoke, 18" x 7.5" aluminum-alloy wheels

Tires
    G35 215/55R17 V-rated all-season performance
    Sport-tuned Suspension Package/G35 6MT 235/45R18 W-rated summer performance
    "

Red
    1997 Camaro SS

AWD is only available in a sedan. 350 have basically the same driveline as a G35 but 350's are a little lighter. New manual hp is 298 to 300. Nice fast car but not near the torque of a LS1.

1997 SS M6

5 ltr. beater

" Mechanical

Engine type 3.5 liter V6

"
    Are you sure you're not talking about the FX35 which is the Infinity version of the nissan murano? That does have an available AWD. But what about the G35 coupe/sedan?

Red
    1997 Camaro SS

The AWD is only available in the sedan. It uses FX 35 driveline. The coupe is not available in AWD.

redls1bird

" Mechanical

Engine type 3.5 liter V6

Horsepower
    Auto transmission 280 hp @ 6,200 RPM
    Manual transmission 298 hp @ 6,400 RPM

Torque
    Auto transmission 270 lb-ft @ 4,800 RPM
    Manual transmission 260 lb-ft @ 4,800 RPM

Suspension Front: Independent, forged-aluminum multi-link with coil springs over ripple-control shock absorbers, stabilizer bar.
    Rear: Independent, forged-aluminum multi-link with coil springs, outboard ripple-control shock absorbers, stabilizer bar.

Valvetrain DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder with microfinished camshafts and Continuously Variable Valve Timing Control System (CVTCS) for intake valves.

Intake system High-flow induction system

Brakes

Front/Rear 12.6"/12.1" ventilated discs with 4-wheel, 4-channel ABS

ABS type Computer-controlled 4-channel, 4-sensor with Electronic Brake force Distribution and Brake Assist

Turning diameter 36.0 feet/37.4 feet (6MT)

Wheels
    G35 7-spoke, 17" x 7.0" aluminum-alloy wheels
    Sport-tuned Suspension Package/G35 6MT 5-spoke, 18" x 7.5" aluminum-alloy wheels

Tires
    G35 215/55R17 V-rated all-season performance
    Sport-tuned Suspension Package/G35 6MT 235/45R18 W-rated summer performance
    "

see bolded portions, and yes, i was reffering to the g35 sedan

Red
    1997 Camaro SS

Actually the G35 sedan could be quicker than the coupe. It can be a little lighter and it has a better cd tahn the coupe. Same driveline otherwise. It is still no match for an LS1 car. some think they can rune with an LT1 car. But they will have to be lucky to do that against a decent LT1. I have driven the cars and own an 97 SS camaro. straightline performance an LS1 is greatly superior. But if you want to compare other things our F bodys are not in the same league.

1997 Camaro SS 6M 22K

N/A nitrously aspirated stangslayer98's Avatar

black
    1998 trans am

i did about 3 360's when i spun my 94 z28 .....i was in third watching my monster tach light go off before the rear end came out.....dont know how fast i was going.

Thread Information