Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38

brand new rouch 427r bites the dust

This is a discussion on brand new rouch 427r bites the dust within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Hey I am not saying you didnt beat a cobra, and im not saying he didnt beat the roush. There ...

  1. #21
    Rice Killa JwMonE99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,561

    Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

    Hey I am not saying you didnt beat a cobra, and im not saying he didnt beat the roush.
    There is a lot more then I dont know about, it can also be the driver error or you guys can just drive better then them.
    Lets put it this way with very equal drivers the 03/04 cobra and if the "427" roush is really pushing 435, then they both will walk an ls1.

  2. #22
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    lol, never seen a stock gt run a 12.85 at 109 bone stock, on street tires have ya? btw im pretty sure its a 5.4 l not a 4.6
    HAH A GT IS LUCKY TO RUN THAT IN THE 1/8TH MILE


    JUST JOKING

    BUT NOT BY MUCH KINDA SAD REALLY

  3. #23
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Hey I am not saying you didnt beat a cobra, and im not saying he didnt beat the roush.
    There is a lot more then I dont know about, it can also be the driver error or you guys can just drive better then them.
    Lets put it this way with very equal drivers the 03/04 cobra and if the "427" roush is really pushing 435, then they both will walk an ls1.
    SO MANY MORE FACTORS too think about also, average hp and torque suspension, tires

    i have seen alot of cars with more hp get beat by less you make judgements off of hp and that is not reliable info all the time

  4. #24
    Rice Killa JwMonE99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,561

    Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

    Yea I know there is a lot of factors but lets say to bone stock with everything in order, nothing broken, same amount of miles on motor ect. ect. with same driver the LS1 would loose...

  5. #25
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Yea I know there is a lot of factors but lets say to bone stock with everything in order, nothing broken, same amount of miles on motor ect. ect. with same driver the LS1 would loose...
    maybe it is a drivers race as you say, but oh well ill take my ls1 and hope im the best, i dont want to spend days arguing this same point again so go get beat by a neon and leave the big boys to us

    have a nice day

  6. #26
    Senior Member camarojunky74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    corona ca
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,258

    white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

    i to agree that a stock for stock cobra vs ls1 the cobra should and most of the time win, but hardly ever do i see a cobra hook on the street, and sometimes thats all it takes, and if you research around, the roush is slower than termi's both my magazines and real world testing, just a reminder,

    hey dpinson i appreciate the support 100000%, but were on the same team here lol

  7. #27
    Army of 1 wooddaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alachua, Fl
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,733

    Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

    He prob couldn't drive, unless your car runs low 12's stock. Either that or it was a look alike bc I have seen those things smoke a stock LS1 at the track. Im not saying you didnt win... just that those cars are pretty fast in their own right

  8. #28
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    here's a review on it.
    http://www.autoblog.com/2006/10/18/i...ge-roush-427r/
    they only got that thing to trap 108.77 - 109.26 (both corrected) with 356rwhp SAE. not too bad, i would have thought 110 trap speeds.

  9. #29
    Member fox87stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Gilmer, TX
    Posts
    175

    black/white
    99 Cobra/96 Ram 4x4/08 R6

    Dear JwMonE99,

    03/04 cobras range in 1/4 mile times just like every other car. You will have some that are factory beast and some that are just as slow as mine. I've heard of them running between 12.7-13.8 stock. If you took 50 stock Z28 hardtops with no extra excess shit like power windows, some would run high 12s all the way to high 13s. Every single Term. is different in someway. There not ALL alike. My buddys 99 cobra ran a 13.2 with CAI and flows, while mine has the same mods, I might be good for a 13.7, and im not to bad of a driver. I just got a friday car, when everyones ready to get off work or monday, when they all had hangovers.

    You cant just see a Cobra run a 12.8 stock and assume every Term is gonna run the same, and yes it has alot to do with drivers and weight and all that other shit too, but you will learn if you'll just knowledge yourself on the conversation before you call someone's bluff. We dont come here to lie to anyone, just to share our war stories.

    Joe - my 2 cents

  10. #30
    Rice Killa JwMonE99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,561

    Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by fox87stang View Post
    Dear JwMonE99,

    03/04 cobras range in 1/4 mile times just like every other car. You will have some that are factory beast and some that are just as slow as mine. I've heard of them running between 12.7-13.8 stock. If you took 50 stock Z28 hardtops with no extra excess shit like power windows, some would run high 12s all the way to high 13s. Every single Term. is different in someway. There not ALL alike. My buddys 99 cobra ran a 13.2 with CAI and flows, while mine has the same mods, I might be good for a 13.7, and im not to bad of a driver. I just got a friday car, when everyones ready to get off work or monday, when they all had hangovers.

    You cant just see a Cobra run a 12.8 stock and assume every Term is gonna run the same, and yes it has alot to do with drivers and weight and all that other shit too, but you will learn if you'll just knowledge yourself on the conversation before you call someone's bluff. We dont come here to lie to anyone, just to share our war stories.

    Joe - my 2 cents
    Again I didnt doubt that he didnt win, I know not every single cobra will run 12.8 becasue I seen some stock runs run lower 12s and I seen some that cant break out of the 13s. But naturally with equal drivers the cora should win...

  11. #31
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    i to agree that a stock for stock cobra vs ls1 the cobra should and most of the time win, but hardly ever do i see a cobra hook on the street, and sometimes thats all it takes, and if you research around, the roush is slower than termi's both my magazines and real world testing, just a reminder,

    hey dpinson i appreciate the support 100000%, but were on the same team here lol
    I KNOW WE ARE BUT SOME OF THESE PEOPLE U KNOW ONE THAT IM SPEAKING OF LIKE TO TALK OUT THIER ASS AND DONT HAVE A CLUE

    DAMN KEYBOARD RACERS

  12. #32
    Senior Member ss~zoso~ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    )
    Posts
    9,128

    SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

    good kill man, i have still yet to race a stang, i'd love to tho

  13. #33
    Senior Member camarojunky74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    corona ca
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,258

    white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

    Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    here's a review on it.
    http://www.autoblog.com/2006/10/18/i...ge-roush-427r/
    they only got that thing to trap 108.77 - 109.26 (both corrected) with 356rwhp SAE. not too bad, i would have thought 110 trap speeds.
    yeah if thats what that review said, my first time at the track with my camaro, i did a high 12 with a 109 trap speed.

  14. #34
    Senior Member camarojunky74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    corona ca
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,258

    white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

    thanks again lol, it was a nice kill, i was ecstatic

  15. #35
    Senior Member camarojunky74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    corona ca
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,258

    white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

    Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    He prob couldn't drive, unless your car runs low 12's stock. Either that or it was a look alike bc I have seen those things smoke a stock LS1 at the track. Im not saying you didnt win... just that those cars are pretty fast in their own right
    like i said my car ran a high 12 stock, this is straight from autoblog that someone else posted, not that great.



    We then drove the 427R over to Mid-Michigan Motorplex in Stanton, MI to lay down some passes. Hampered by difficulties with wheelspin, our quickest attempt resulted in an elapsed time of 13.474 seconds at 106.79 MPH (a faster trap speed of 107.28 was recorded on a 13.551 pass). Applying NHRA correction factors for weather - we calculated a density altitude of 1600 ft - to our quickest run yields 13.234@108.77 MPH (we give you both the raw and corrected numbers, as opinions vary as to which is the more useful figure).

  16. #36
    Member hoss 2000 z-28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    797

    Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

    There is a 427R rolling around the industrial park I work at and the first time I saw it my jaw fell. I was thinking, "I can't believe Ford is making a 427CID motor!" So I ran to my office and looked it up and was greatly let down. It's a great looking (and sounding) car, definitely a head turner for a true Mustang enthusiast. I don't like how they put a "427" badge on that car and it is completely misleading.

    Good kill OP!

  17. #37
    Army of 1 wooddaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alachua, Fl
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,733

    Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

    Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    like i said my car ran a high 12 stock, this is straight from autoblog that someone else posted, not that great.



    We then drove the 427R over to Mid-Michigan Motorplex in Stanton, MI to lay down some passes. Hampered by difficulties with wheelspin, our quickest attempt resulted in an elapsed time of 13.474 seconds at 106.79 MPH (a faster trap speed of 107.28 was recorded on a 13.551 pass). Applying NHRA correction factors for weather - we calculated a density altitude of 1600 ft - to our quickest run yields 13.234@108.77 MPH (we give you both the raw and corrected numbers, as opinions vary as to which is the more useful figure).
    No, not that great for a 427(supposedly) HP Ford. There are two of those that go to the track in my area that run 12.5's and lower consistently and one of them I know is stock cause its a buddy of mine.. Maybe Autoblog needs to hire some new drivers... Nice race. High 12s is pretty good for stock
    Last edited by wooddaniel; 02-19-2008 at 09:49 AM.

  18. #38
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    No, not that great for a 427(supposedly) HP Ford. There are two of those that go to the track in my area that run 12.5's and lower consistently and one of them I know is stock cause its a buddy of mine.. Maybe Autoblog needs to hire some new drivers... Nice race. High 12s is pretty good for stock
    well, it's tough to get a right rating i guess. they rated it with roughly 17% driveline losses so I GUESS its ok, not definately not underrated tho.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Another one bites the dust
    By KahanaReef in forum Political / Debate Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-26-2013, 02:01 PM
  2. Another one bites the dust.
    By JwMonE99 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2008, 10:59 AM
  3. Another one bites the dust
    By Frankthetank in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-29-2007, 12:06 AM
  4. Another one bites the dust
    By CaptainCaveMan in forum Political / Debate Forum
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 03-14-2007, 05:41 AM
  5. Another one bites the dust
    By Mr. CarelessAndImprudent in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-21-2006, 10:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •