Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

boxster

This is a discussion on boxster within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; ok, so i am on one of the main drags here in town.i got the ttops off and im listnening ...

  1. #1
    expensive tires az gt eater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    phoenix
    Posts
    1,951

    white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

    boxster

    ok, so i am on one of the main drags here in town.i got the ttops off and im listnening to korn. I stop at the light, and i hear yelling beside me. I look over and there are two guys in a pathfinder next to me. I turn the music down, and they say"Hey you gotta kick the guy's ass in the porsche behind you. I smiled and said sure. Light turns, and i go. I get like two blocks down, and i see purple headlights behind me, ducking and weaving like an idiot. Then i think these two knew what they were talking about. Pretty soon a new Boxster pulls up and goes to blow by me. I look over and see a guy driving like an idiot with his blonde next to him. I stuck it in first and pulled up next to him and goosed it twice and shifted to second. For the next 4 miles, he wouldn't pull alongside me. I slowed down to 15 under the limit, and he wouldn't pull alongside. I finally turned off. Rich boys, and their little Porsches.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Try roasting your crow. It'll be easier to get down.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    I like grilling mine with a nice brown sugar based rub

  2. #2
    Just a farmboy V8MUSCLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Montpelier, VA
    Age
    30
    Posts
    518

    Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

    my lawyer has a boxter. one day i caught him at a stoplight. i reved and he said to make it fair he would put it in reverse. the light went green and i ripped him out of the hole, at 90 i had about 4 cars on him. he has a couple other pretty cool toys though, a beautiful stingray, and a lotus elise. i had a chance to race the stingray but turned it down. the way i see it its loose/loose, if i beat it i beat my dream car, if he beats me i got beat by a 40 year old car.

  3. #3
    Just know that he has a poor man's Porsche. If he really wanted to go fast, he would of gotten something else.

    Also, almost every Porsche driver I've ever come up against is always a prick. I raced a Boxter back in the day. The moron cut me off, so later down the road I did the same. He then floored it passed me, I could almost see his ego aura. I then got on it in my car. It must have been an interesting site seeing a 140mph trap car pass you.

  4. #4
    Just a farmboy V8MUSCLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Montpelier, VA
    Age
    30
    Posts
    518

    Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

    every now and then i like to be humbled. picked a fight with a Mercedes amg once. kinda one of those holy shit moments.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Too Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,170

    Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

    Yeah you gotta watch out for the $65k plus AMGs. Imagine how nice our cars would be with another $40k in mods....and nice kill on the Boxster. The Boxster S is more of a drivers race.

  6. #6
    Senior Member 00LS12LS6Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bristow, VA
    Posts
    663

    Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

    Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    Just know that he has a poor man's Porsche. If he really wanted to go fast, he would of gotten something else.

    Also, almost every Porsche driver I've ever come up against is always a prick. I raced a Boxter back in the day. The moron cut me off, so later down the road I did the same. He then floored it passed me, I could almost see his ego aura. I then got on it in my car. It must have been an interesting site seeing a 140mph trap car pass you.
    This! Should have gotten A Vette for the money spent on one of those.....

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by V8MUSCLE View Post
    every now and then i like to be humbled. picked a fight with a Mercedes amg once. kinda one of those holy shit moments.
    Some of those E and C classes come with a supercharged V8. They are a pulley swap away from easy 11s in a big 4 door saloon.

  8. #8
    Member kevnstac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Woodstock
    Age
    57
    Posts
    211

    Black
    1999 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    Some of those E and C classes come with a supercharged V8. They are a pulley swap away from easy 11s in a big 4 door saloon.
    The Mercedes plant is about 10 miles from my house here in Alabama. They are getting the C class in the next coulpe years which will really help the economy here anyway.
    Every now and then I get to meet up as they test drive some vehicles over the road and had the recent opportunity to run against a CLS65 AMG down I59.
    514HP, and lots of get up and gooooooooooooo in them beasts. Then I look at my $33k WS6 with about $6k in mods and even though I had to hit some juice, I did slowly edge in front of him and it made me feel like I was driving a $100k car.
    I don't think I'd dream of running against a CL65 AMG...100 more HP...

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    The boxster s and cayman s might be under pwoered with 260-310hp depending on year but they have something that almost no other street porsche has, light weight. 3000lbs compared to the carrera/911 3600-3700lbs. Its a good platform to start with

  10. #10
    Member SAGGIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Elk Grove, CA
    Posts
    994

    RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

    Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    ok, so i am on one of the main drags here in town.i got the ttops off and im listnening to korn. I stop at the light, and i hear yelling beside me. I look over and there are two guys in a pathfinder next to me. I turn the music down, and they say"Hey you gotta kick the guy's ass in the porsche behind you. I smiled and said sure. Light turns, and i go. I get like two blocks down, and i see purple headlights behind me, ducking and weaving like an idiot. Then i think these two knew what they were talking about. Pretty soon a new Boxster pulls up and goes to blow by me. I look over and see a guy driving like an idiot with his blonde next to him. I stuck it in first and pulled up next to him and goosed it twice and shifted to second. For the next 4 miles, he wouldn't pull alongside me. I slowed down to 15 under the limit, and he wouldn't pull alongside. I finally turned off. Rich boys, and their little Porsches.
    A Boxter is a woman's Porsche...<-- As proven by this post.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by kevnstac View Post
    The Mercedes plant is about 10 miles from my house here in Alabama. They are getting the C class in the next coulpe years which will really help the economy here anyway.
    Every now and then I get to meet up as they test drive some vehicles over the road and had the recent opportunity to run against a CLS65 AMG down I59.
    514HP, and lots of get up and gooooooooooooo in them beasts. Then I look at my $33k WS6 with about $6k in mods and even though I had to hit some juice, I did slowly edge in front of him and it made me feel like I was driving a $100k car.
    I don't think I'd dream of running against a CL65 AMG...100 more HP...
    Like I said, a pulley swap away from easy 11s. There is a guy at our local track that has an older E55 AMG. He has Kleemann long tube headers, gutted cats, stock exhaust, Kleemann pulley swap, and some good tire on the back. He went down the track at a 10.95@130mph, packed up his drag radials and drove the thing home in full luxury.

    Here is a random fast one, I think he has about the same mods:

    [ame="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujsTZduMZAQ&NR=1"]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujsTZduMZAQ&NR=1[/ame]

  12. #12
    Senior Member Too Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,170

    Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    The boxster s and cayman s might be under pwoered with 260-310hp depending on year but they have something that almost no other street porsche has, light weight. 3000lbs compared to the carrera/911 3600-3700lbs. Its a good platform to start with
    Let us all not forget that these German cars would probably whip us on a handling course.

    I still have not gotten to like the looks of the Cayman or the Boxster. Any car where you have to really look at it to figure out the front from the back, well, that to me is not good design. Another design issue is the exhaust, the central single/double exit looks too much like an anus! Hey y'all, come back here and look at my car's butthole! Another: How do you pop the hood to show off the engine? You don't, it almost can't be seen.

  13. #13
    Member kevnstac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Woodstock
    Age
    57
    Posts
    211

    Black
    1999 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Let us all not forget that these German cars would probably whip us on a handling course.

    I still have not gotten to like the looks of the Cayman or the Boxster. Any car where you have to really look at it to figure out the front from the back, well, that to me is not good design. Another design issue is the exhaust, the central single/double exit looks too much like an anus! Hey y'all, come back here and look at my car's butthole! Another: How do you pop the hood to show off the engine? You don't, it almost can't be seen.
    LMFAO...I couldn't agree with you more!!!!

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Let us all not forget that these German cars would probably whip us on a handling course.

    I still have not gotten to like the looks of the Cayman or the Boxster. Any car where you have to really look at it to figure out the front from the back, well, that to me is not good design. Another design issue is the exhaust, the central single/double exit looks too much like an anus! Hey y'all, come back here and look at my car's butthole! Another: How do you pop the hood to show off the engine? You don't, it almost can't be seen.
    What about this exhaust porsche gt3 rsr, 4.0 6 cylinder that comes with 450hp. And yes rear engien are very hidden but they are also what makes those cars handle liek a dream. All the weight over the rear axle feels great. I love when the rsr shoots flames from the exhaust and they cross paths.



    As for the boxster i really dont like the vert look, but im a big fan of the cayman and cayman S. I have driven one as my uncle owns one and compared to my 430whp T/A and 520whp supra yes it feels slow but i can tell you right now it can handle and be thrown around much easier and at higher speeds than either of those cars and both my cars had suspension upgrades. There is a reaon car and driver picked the cayman s to earn the title of08 or 09 cant remember which year DRIVERS car of the year.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 01-07-2010 at 08:38 AM.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    What about this exhaust porsche gt3 rsr, 4.0 6 cylinder that comes with 450hp. And yes rear engien are very hidden but they are also what makes those cars handle liek a dream. All the weight over the rear axle feels great. I love when the rsr shoots flames from the exhaust and they cross paths.

    Click for full size

    As for the boxster i really dont like the vert look, but im a big fan of the cayman and cayman S. I have driven one as my uncle owns one and compared to my 430whp T/A and 520whp supra yes it feels slow but i can tell you right now it can handle and be thrown around much easier and at higher speeds than either of those cars and both my cars had suspension upgrades. There is a reaon car and driver picked the cayman s to earn the title of08 or 09 cant remember which year DRIVERS car of the year.
    That thing has a ton of tire in the rear.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Too Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,170

    Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    What about this exhaust porsche gt3 rsr, 4.0 6 cylinder that comes with 450hp. And yes rear engien are very hidden but they are also what makes those cars handle liek a dream. All the weight over the rear axle feels great. I love when the rsr shoots flames from the exhaust and they cross paths.

    Click for full size

    As for the boxster i really dont like the vert look, but im a big fan of the cayman and cayman S. I have driven one as my uncle owns one and compared to my 430whp T/A and 520whp supra yes it feels slow but i can tell you right now it can handle and be thrown around much easier and at higher speeds than either of those cars and both my cars had suspension upgrades. There is a reaon car and driver picked the cayman s to earn the title of08 or 09 cant remember which year DRIVERS car of the year.
    The RSR is a whole 'nother animal. I'm talking about production cars, not race cars. And the exhaust pipes on the RSR is not at all like the Boxster's. And to see flames shooting from exhaust any time there isn't an artificial flame thrower, is way cool.

    Too each their own, I guess, but I don't like the Cayman design either. The rear looks like giant hips to me, when looked at from the front 3/4 view. Let's not talk about the new, 450 HP (with it's "fuel saving" automatic start/stop engine at stop lights!) 4-door Porsche, I still have not seen a good angle on that car. Reminds me of a whale.

    The 911? Always thought that car was/is cool. A 928 also.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Lol i know the rsr and cayman are worlds away but they both have the center moutn exhaust which you said is like a cars anas. It looks good when done right. I dont mind the caymans exhaust either though.

    As for the new 4 door porsche i dont lie ethe look, the 4 door aston martin coming looks badass though. But the porsche 4 door has a twin turbo 550hp version that has unofficially beat the cts-v around the RING. The only thing making it unofficial is becasue the car isnt in production yet. Once it is and they run it again and if they get the same time or better it will be the new faster production sedan at the ring.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 01-08-2010 at 06:50 AM.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    That thing has a ton of tire in the rear.
    Lol it should, its a porsche you can buy and literally run the way it coems in many race classes. Its a 2400lbs race car.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by V8MUSCLE View Post
    my lawyer has a boxter. one day i caught him at a stoplight. i reved and he said to make it fair he would put it in reverse. the light went green and i ripped him out of the hole, at 90 i had about 4 cars on him. he has a couple other pretty cool toys though, a beautiful stingray, and a lotus elise. i had a chance to race the stingray but turned it down. the way i see it its loose/loose, if i beat it i beat my dream car, if he beats me i got beat by a 40 year old car.
    wut?

  20. #20
    Senior Member Too Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,170

    Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Lol i know the rsr and cayman are worlds away but they both have the center moutn exhaust which you said is like a cars anas. It looks good when done right. I dont mind the caymans exhaust either though.

    As for the new 4 door porsche i dont lie ethe look, the 4 door aston martin coming looks badass though. But the porsche 4 door has a twin turbo 550hp version that has unofficially beat the cts-v around the RING. The only thing making it unofficial is becasue the car isnt in production yet. Once it is and they run it again and if they get the same time or better it will be the new faster production sedan at the ring.
    Exactly. The Boxster center exhaust looks like an anus to me, it's not done right. the RSR center exhaust looks great.

    The CTS-V looks way better than the 4-door, hatchback Panamera from Porsche, but 550 HP is always SWEET.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. SS and the porsche boxster
    By bowtieguy02SS in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 12-29-2008, 06:12 AM
  2. Chicken in Boxster S
    By Hot Black Trans-Am in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 12:23 PM
  3. me vs. boxster
    By predator in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-05-2006, 07:55 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •