NBM
    '00 Z28

blown mustang vs. stock Z28

Well, my buddy has a '01 Mustang GT with an Vortech supercharger running 6 psi, 41 lb injectors, an accufab 75mm TB, shorty headers, offroad X-pipe, stainless catback, short throw shifter, steeda cold air intake, and a Spec stage 3 clutch. We've run on the highway before, but this was our first shot at running from a dig. I've been practing my launches and I've got it down pretty well.

We had someone flag us, and I got him right from the start. At the end of the strip (it's a little over an 1/8th mile) I had him by a car and a half. We ran again, just because neither of us could believe I beat him with my bone stock '00 Z28. Same result.

I really think it was more of an issue of the driver rather than the car. But hey, a win's a win.

His car....
    Last edited by toneloc60; 04-17-2006 at 12:36 PM.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Nice kill man.

BigBlockPower
    A lot could be attibuted to driver error or traction issues, nevertheles, you won. BTW a SCed 4.6 2V with only 6 lbs won't make huge horsepower but shoulda had you covered. Shorty headers have shown to make little increase on the 2Vs (although I am sure he picked up a few HP)....what kinda Steeda CAI is he running...did he not have to chunk that CAI in order to use the SC inlet plumbing?? The injector rating sounds like overkill....41lb injectors sound odd...did you mean 42?
    Last edited by BigBlockPower; 10-03-2005 at 10:01 AM.

NBM
    '00 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlockPower
    A lot could be attibuted to driver error or traction issues, nevertheles, you won. BTW a SCed 4.6 2V with only 6 lbs won't make huge horsepower but shoulda had you covered. Shorty headers have shown to make little increase on the 2Vs (although I am sure he picked up a few HP)....what kinda Steeda CAI is he running...did he not have to chunk that CAI in order to use the SC inlet plumbing?? The injector rating sounds like overkill....41lb injectors sound odd...did you mean 42?
    Yep, I did mean 42 lb injectors. Sometimes I type a little faster than I should and don't always check on what got on the screen. The CAI on it, hell, I don't know what kind it is. It mounts to the SC inlet.

Hey, I totally agree with the idea that his car should have mine beat. I truly believe that the outcome had everything to do with the drivers.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

did you walk him after the launch at all?

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc60
    Yep, I did mean 42 lb injectors. Sometimes I type a little faster than I should and don't always check on what got on the screen. The CAI on it, hell, I don't know what kind it is. It mounts to the SC inlet.

Hey, I totally agree with the idea that his car should have mine beat. I truly believe that the outcome had everything to do with the drivers.
    you cant have a CAI on a centrifugal blower. Only on the Roots/twins. It is probably the Vortech intake tube or a "power pipe". I doubt its a power pipe because that kit should be around 8psi on the engine how it sits and probably around 9-10psi if it had the power pipe on it. If its not tune I would say that engine is pushing 330-350rwhp and with a tune I would be 360-375 at the tires.

His car really needs gears, tell him to get some 3.73s in there. Also so he doenst blow it up, get a Focus fuel pump or a Aviator pump.
    Last edited by mogs01gt; 10-06-2005 at 09:40 AM.
    324hp/333tq

NBM
    '00 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt
    you cant have a CAI on a centrifugal blower. Only on the Roots/twins. It is probably the Vortech intake tube or a "power pipe". I doubt its a power pipe because that kit should be around 8psi on the engine how it sits and probably around 9-10psi if it had the power pipe on it. If its not tune I would say that engine is pushing 330-350rwhp and with a tune I would be 360-375 at the tires.

His car really needs gears, tell him to get some 3.73s in there. Also so he doenst blow it up, get a Focus fuel pump or a Aviator pump.
    Well, I don't know what you want to call it, but the air filter is in the fender, just in front of the passenger side front wheel. It [I]is[I] putting out 6 psi, not 8-9. According to his dyno sheet, it's getting 359.3 horse, and 360 torque at the wheels.

I don't know what he's got for a pump, he doesn't either seeing as he bought the car already built.

I'm trying to understand something... why can't you have a CAI on a centrifugal blower?

because they call them Power Pipes. A CAI has the MAF attached to them and goes down inside the vender wall. People pretty much do not call that pipe on the compressor side of a blower a Cold Air intake.
    Last edited by mogs01gt; 10-06-2005 at 11:44 AM.

NBM
    '00 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt
    because they call them Power Pipes. A CAI has the MAF attached to them and goes down inside the vender wall. People pretty much do not call that pipe on the compressor side of a blower a Cold Air intake.
    gotcha. The next time I see a car that has a vender wall, I will check for a power pipe. Now, what does a vender wall look like?

Black
    99 SS

rustangs suck even the "fast" ones!

gotcha. The next time I see a car that has a vender wall, I will check for a power pipe. Now, what does a vender wall look like?
    LOL power pipes are the ones hooked to the centrifugal blowers, everything else could be considered a CAI.

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner
    this one has a lot to learn.

BigBlockPower
    Quote Originally Posted by Zboner
    Mature...

Need more boost!

Green
    98 Ford Mustang

Well, I don't know what you want to call it, but the air filter is in the fender, just in front of the passenger side front wheel. It [I]is[I] putting out 6 psi, not 8-9. According to his dyno sheet, it's getting 359.3 horse, and 360 torque at the wheels.

I don't know what he's got for a pump, he doesn't either seeing as he bought the car already built.

I'm trying to understand something... why can't you have a CAI on a centrifugal blower?
    If that's all the power he's pushing with 8-9 psi tell him to shoot it

Black
    1987 Grand National

Well, my buddy has a '01 Mustang GT with an Vortech supercharger running 6 psi, 41 lb injectors, an accufab 75mm TB, shorty headers, offroad X-pipe, stainless catback, short throw shifter, steeda cold air intake, and a Spec stage 3 clutch. We've run on the highway before, but this was our first shot at running from a dig. I've been practing my launches and I've got it down pretty well.

We had someone flag us, and I got him right from the start. At the end of the strip (it's a little over an 1/8th mile) I had him by a car and a half. We ran again, just because neither of us could believe I beat him with my bone stock '00 Z28. Same result.

I really think it was more of an issue of the driver rather than the car. But hey, a win's a win.

His car....
    I agree a win is a win. He should be shot. I had a 99 GT auto with V2 S-trim that ran mid 12s @ 113 mph on street radials. He should atleast be making 9-10 psi and running low 12s/high 11s. 5 years with a fast Mustang and I had to get back to my GM roots.

Need more boost!

Green
    98 Ford Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by Marc87GN
    I agree a win is a win. He should be shot. I had a 99 GT auto with V2 S-trim that ran mid 12s @ 113 mph on street radials. He should atleast be making 9-10 psi and running low 12s/high 11s. 5 years with a fast Mustang and I had to get back to my GM roots.
    Couldn't agree more !

Thread Information