Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Blow off this valve

This is a discussion on Blow off this valve within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 nice kill man! rsx type s' can be pretty fast from a roll....what color was it?? ...

QUICKMFNSILVER
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 View Post
    nice kill man! rsx type s' can be pretty fast from a roll....what color was it?? i might know the guy
    black

86 Buick Grand National
    02 WS6-M6 407 RWHP

Redegal

I've never taken my GN to the track but i'm sure its in the elevens with these mods its been years since i've taken it out. Its not registered at the time and i used to just street race it when it was.

Te-62, Eastern Front Mount, Max Effort Chip, Waboro 340, 009 injectors, 70 MM TB, Power Plate, Alky Injection, ATR Dual Exhaust, 3" ATR Down Pipe, Race pipe in place of CAT, Hoosier Quick Time Pros, Bilsteins, Air Bags, 9/11 3200 Stall Converter, Fresh tranny with shift kit, Plus alot of the basic mods like a 9" K&N

100 Octane and Alky i usually run at least 26 PSI of boost you can hear the turbo scream through the tail pipes because i don't have my CAT converter on there, sounds really bad ass.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Twin turbo on that car would be a waste of time you could make the same power with single turbo.
    Well that's pretty funny. Please fill me in on my combo, what heads/intake I was using, what cam, what my compression was, what my HP/Torque curved looked like, what tranny(s) I was using, what my goals were, and how I used my car.

Oh, and also tell me what size turbos I was using, who made them, what came with them, and how they were tuned. Don't forget to tell me how much it costs, and how much I would have saved with a single turbo kit that included the same pieces.

Please be specific. I look forward to my education.

Thank you.

Bob

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Idk what you were running i was just saying the way i would have set up the car with a turbonetics 62 trim turbo, he put the who setup together for about 2100 on his car. Not to mention he is making more power than you, but its cool go with you more expensive less power setup.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Idk what you were running
    Correct. Which makes your entire post about my car absolutely baseless.

i was just saying the way i would have set up the car with a turbonetics 62 trim turbo
    No, that's not what you were saying. Here, allow me to quote you:

"Twin turbo on that car would be a waste of time you could make the same power with single turbo."

Let's see...."waste of time" seems to be the operative phrase there, not "I would have set it up with blah blah blah". That's not even a very good attempt at covering your tracks.

Read on...

he put the who setup together for about 2100 on his car
    Well good for him. And I'd be willing to bet that there are folks that have done it cheaper. And? The point is?

BTW, did his "setup" come with brand new injectors? A custom blow-through MAF sensor? Do you even know what that is? Was the entire setup in kit form, in which nothing else was needed to purchase? Did he use an FMU? Do you even know what one is? Is it necessary? Do you have any idea how much you don't know about what I had or why I had it?

Well of course you do...you have to, because in your words, my twin turbo was "a waste of time". You have to know all about it, so spit it out, please.

Not to mention he is making more power than you
    Well la ti da. So are several thousand other people. So? And? Was he doing it with stock E7TE heads, stock intake, and 8 psi of boost? Was he doing it 10 years ago?

Bueller?

but its cool go with you more expensive less power setup.
    Once again - how much did my setup cost? Whose kit was it? What came with it? How much power could I have very easily made by simple wastegate adjustments? Of course, I'm assuming you know what a wastegate is....though that might be a poor assumption on my part.

You know none of these things, yet you continue to post to try and make yourself look smarter than you already are.

Here's a pointer - it isn't working. At all.

Bob

PS...here's a pic of my kit. Please tell me the retail price, then tell me what I paid for it:

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

From the looks of that kit any money is too much.

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Correct. Which makes your entire post about my car absolutely baseless.

No, that's not what you were saying. Here, allow me to quote you:

"Twin turbo on that car would be a waste of time you could make the same power with single turbo."

Let's see...."waste of time" seems to be the operative phrase there, not "I would have set it up with blah blah blah". That's not even a very good attempt at covering your tracks.

Read on...

Well good for him. And I'd be willing to bet that there are folks that have done it cheaper. And? The point is?

BTW, did his "setup" come with brand new injectors? A custom blow-through MAF sensor? Do you even know what that is? Was the entire setup in kit form, in which nothing else was needed to purchase? Did he use an FMU? Do you even know what one is? Is it necessary? Do you have any idea how much you don't know about what I had or why I had it?

Well of course you do...you have to, because in your words, my twin turbo was "a waste of time". You have to know all about it, so spit it out, please.

Well la ti da. So are several thousand other people. So? And? Was he doing it with stock E7TE heads, stock intake, and 8 psi of boost? Was he doing it 10 years ago?

Bueller?

Once again - how much did my setup cost? Whose kit was it? What came with it? How much power could I have very easily made by simple wastegate adjustments? Of course, I'm assuming you know what a wastegate is....though that might be a poor assumption on my part.

You know none of these things, yet you continue to post to try and make yourself look smarter than you already are.

Here's a pointer - it isn't working. At all.

Bob

PS...here's a pic of my kit. Please tell me the retail price, then tell me what I paid for it:

Click for full size
    I think he means to say "I'm a condescending dousche bag"
    And yes to tt a motor with as much displacement as a 5.0 with two small turbos and only go to 8psi is a waste of time.

Resident SRT-4 ambassador

Black
    2005 SRT-4

Please continue the lesson, BLKCLOUD. I think they're missing the point.

86 Buick Grand National
    02 WS6-M6 407 RWHP

How about both of you just drop it, he did what he wanted with his car and you disagree with the way he did it, its his car who gives a shit.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

Quote Originally Posted by sfletch2000 View Post
    Redegal

I've never taken my GN to the track but i'm sure its in the elevens with these mods its been years since i've taken it out. Its not registered at the time and i used to just street race it when it was.

Te-62, Eastern Front Mount, Max Effort Chip, Waboro 340, 009 injectors, 70 MM TB, Power Plate, Alky Injection, ATR Dual Exhaust, 3" ATR Down Pipe, Race pipe in place of CAT, Hoosier Quick Time Pros, Bilsteins, Air Bags, 9/11 3200 Stall Converter, Fresh tranny with shift kit, Plus alot of the basic mods like a 9" K&N

100 Octane and Alky i usually run at least 26 PSI of boost you can hear the turbo scream through the tail pipes because i don't have my CAT converter on there, sounds really bad ass.
    That ought to get you into the 11's. Mine also has the bypass pipe instead of the cat. and RJC power plate. I'm only running about 22-23PSI as well. My brother had a TE61 (before he upgraded to a 71) on his 87GN with similar mods to yours and he was running low 11's at around 115-117MPH.

Are you a member of www.turbobuick.com? If so my user name is Darkred87T. Check out my post entitled, "1/4 mile times with the GT3255"

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

today is hand out warnings day. might want to calm this down.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

it all depends on the size of the turbo. it is a well known fact that twin turbos running lower boost can produce equal power to a single setup at a higher limit. this, again, reduces lag, cylinder temperature, and the potential to detonate. im sure its beneficial in other ways.

one could also argue that a twin turbo setup may not be more expensive than one big turbo, and again this is size dependent, bearing type dependent, wastegate style dependent (external v. internal). there are too many factors to call one a waste or otherwise. its a turbo after all, a very bad little piece of metal.

lastly, alot of this depends on the car at hand, the cylinder compression and numbers (4, 6, 8). i know that supra owners love the single turbo setup. but the turbo is gigantic and stresses the limits of the block at the same time. ive seen some nasty twin turbo 8 cylinders, including a fox body stang my neighbor just sold that blew 10 pounds and was over 700 to the wheels. there again, he had higher compression and a stroker motor (308).

its pick your poison, either way, a turbo is never a waste of time.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

From the looks of that kit any money is too much.
    Thank you very much for your informative, fact-filled, enlightnening, and predictable response. It is wonderful evidence that when you don't have a clue what your talking about, trying to be witty only confirms that you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegrizzle View Post
    I think he means to say "I'm a condescending dousche bag"
    And yes to tt a motor with as much displacement as a 5.0 with two small turbos and only go to 8psi is a waste of time.
    Ditto. A very similar, totally baseless, totally factless, pointless post. But when you have no knowledge base from which to argue, I guess this is what one is reduced to posting.

Secondgearscratch....in very general terms, I agree. I'd go into details about it, but I'm pretty sure it would be lost on the intended target (not referring to you).

Ya'll have a wonderful evening.
    Bob

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    today is hand out warnings day. might want to calm this down.

me me me!

I want want one for being a complete idiot!

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

Dont get me wrong I like turbos, My philophosopy has always the simplier the better, you can see where im going wirth this.

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

wirth this......WIRTH!!!!!!

A twin setup is better than a single if they are pushing the same amount of cfm, because the smaller turbos will spool up faster thus creating a stonger power curve. Also an under the manifold tt kit will keep the temps under the hood way cooler.

Can i get a warning too.
    Last edited by zero_proto; 06-24-2007 at 03:18 PM. Reason: ooopsss

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post

me me me!

I want want one for being a complete idiot!
    Quote Originally Posted by zero_proto View Post
    Can i get a warning too.
    ask, and ye shall receive.

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    ask, and ye shall receive.
    you are the greatest

So do you still have the mikronite gears in the rear, if so how are they going???? I know you were a test car.

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

yep, still in there. they will be getting a good testing soon, with the 408 and direct port nitrous.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information