Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

QUICKMFNSILVER
    2004 GTO

Blow off this valve

Last night I come up to a light next to a rsx type s, he never looks over at me but he makes it a point to rev his weezing muffler and let me know that he has a blow off valve... Im like ok this should be fun time to test out my new fipk..we both punch it off the green and hes hangin with me at about 75mph jerking the shit out of his shifter... well my car has never stopped pulling at 100 and he just dosent have enough to keep up he slowly fades back about two car lengths and i kill it at about 115 becasue i realize im in a 45 zone... he pulls up to me at the next light and says nice car , i say "my ex girlfriend used to have one of those" and he gave me the finger and rolled up his window...lol i just felt like being a dick because his blow off valve made me not hear the radio

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

I hope you have more mods than an fipk, what are they?

QUICKMFNSILVER
    2004 GTO

cai, mas, exhaust, only bolt ons... why you thought it would of been closer?... dont hope it only breeds let downs

Black & Black
    2001 Firehawk & 2002 WS-6

Good kill. LOL

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i'm suprised it was that close...

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Why do people always make fun off blow off valves i think they sound cool as hell, someday i wanna boost my T/A and im gonna have a damn wastegate lol, not to mention you need to have a blow off valve so why not make it sound cool.

98T/Aformula
    You dont have to have a BOV my friend didnt have one on his evo forever then just got one a month ago, but they do sound sick on certin cars, not all, but im shocked that it hung with you so long prety quick rsx I guess...

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Lol, all turbo cars come with blow off valves you just cant hear the factory ones, im talking when you pushing alot more than stock boost and you need soemthing with a little more release on that turbo pressure. I think they sound cool, even more badass sounding on a cammed v8 lol. If you didnt have a blow off valve all the turbo pressure would stay in the block and eventually become too much.

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Lol, all turbo cars come with blow off valves you just cant hear the factory ones, im talking when you pushing alot more than stock boost and you need soemthing with a little more release on that turbo pressure. I think they sound cool, even more badass sounding on a cammed v8 lol. If you didnt have a blow off valve all the turbo pressure would stay in the block and eventually become too much.
    +1

Silver
    2002 Z28

The pressure doesn't stay in the block. It backs up between the throttle blade and the compressor. It will follow the path of the least resistance trying to escape, be it by popping off an inlet tube, or backing out through the compressor.

If the pressure backs out through the compressor, it will damage the turbocharger over time. You don't need one, but it saves the turbo and keeps it spooled when the throttle blade slams shut.

Mine sounds like ass, but I don't have it for the sound.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

I definetly need mine....and it sounds pretty good.....Turbo XS RFL(really fuking loud)

Impounded
    One more and I'm gone....

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    i'm suprised it was that close...
    me too

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

Quote Originally Posted by GetSome04 View Post
    cai, mas, exhaust, only bolt ons... why you thought it would of been closer?... dont hope it only breeds let downs
    im faster than you nah nah nah...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 05 Stone Srt-4 View Post
    I definetly need mine....and it sounds pretty good.....Turbo XS RFL(really fuking loud)
    i ran a lightly modded srt-4 and he had an RFL on it. sounded mean

also, nice kill man, i like the ex-girl part

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Last night I come up to a light next to a rsx type s, he never looks over at me but he makes it a point to rev his weezing muffler and let me know that he has a blow off valve... Im like ok this should be fun time to test out my new fipk..we both punch it off the green and hes hangin with me at about 75mph jerking the shit out of his shifter... well my car has never stopped pulling at 100 and he just dosent have enough to keep up he slowly fades back about two car lengths and i kill it at about 115 becasue i realize im in a 45 zone... he pulls up to me at the next light and says nice car , i say "my ex girlfriend used to have one of those" and he gave me the finger and rolled up his window...lol i just felt like being a dick because his blow off valve made me not hear the radio

Dang! Well, he was driving a chics car. Some guys are more "feminine" than others.

Resident SRT-4 ambassador

Black
    2005 SRT-4

Not ALL turboed cars came with blow off valves. A blow off valve is a preventative measure because without one, you wear the turbo out a LOT faster (depending on how much psi you're running). Most modern turbocharged cars have BOVs because of this.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    nice kill man! rsx type s' can be pretty fast from a roll....what color was it?? i might know the guy
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

86 Buick Grand National
    02 WS6-M6 407 RWHP

GN's don't have blow off valves, i have a te-62 on my car. Once you go any bigger than that you want one on there. And the pressure gets released back through my 9" k&n. You can hear it when you let off the gas.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Show us some pics of that GN!

GN! GN! GN! GN!

86 Buick Grand National
    02 WS6-M6 407 RWHP

Wish i could but i don't have any pics of it on my digital camera right now.

Thread Information