Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 62

Best Import vs Domestic race all yr

This is a discussion on Best Import vs Domestic race all yr within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Well Guys I am about to finish 2 very Big project cars and were gonna line them up straight out ...

  1. #1
    Senior Member Sleeper101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Springcity
    Posts
    1,152

    Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

    Talking Best Import vs Domestic race all yr

    Well Guys I am about to finish 2 very Big project cars and were gonna line them up straight out of the box and see who's got Bragging rights.

    First up is My buddies 1995 Formula Transam, Has a built Lt1 383 Stroker, Forged Eagle crank, Eagle Rods, KB Forged Pistons .030 over, LT4 Hotcam kit, Fully Ported Stock heads with Bigger SS valves, Port matched LT1 Intake manifold, 58mm TB, 32lb injectors, Moroso Cold air intake, Full longtube Pacesetter headers, and a magnaflow exhaust. Backed with a set of 373 gears and a FUlly race built 4le60 Trans. He will also be pushing a 150shot.

    2nd is My Built 240sx, Inline 6 Turbo charged on Propane Fuel. Has Forged internals. Bored .020 over, Cometic headgaskets, ARP bolts, 60mm Precision Turbo, 40mm Wasgate, Will be pushing around 25PSI, ( will Dyno to for 550+RWHP) Has a Cusco Exedy stg 4 race clutch, 5 speed trans, With Launch control. I am running 4.08 gears with a Full posi Rear. ( Car has been 7.40's on Stock turbo and is Now pushing 250+ More at the wheels)

    Both cars Will be on Drag Radials, and We will be running 1/8th mile.

    Should be a very close 6 second Race.

    What do you guys think the results will be? These are 2 Very fast street cars. Were gonna do the Best of 5 races.

    I have About 2 more weeks worth of work on Both then were heading off to the Dyno for tuning. Then to the Track. I will Update WIth all the results and Dyno Tuning Numbers.

  2. #2
    Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Henryetta/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,483

    Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

    Trans am will blow that rice piece of crap out of the water.














    Just kidding, both nice builds, can't wait to see the race

  3. #3
    Senior Member Sleeper101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Springcity
    Posts
    1,152

    Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

    ha ha Thats wat he thought last yr also. That was until the 240 Half tracked him lol. But the Nitrous should make it interesting.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    ha ha Thats wat he thought last yr also. That was until the 240 Half tracked him lol. But the Nitrous should make it interesting.
    Did you hit single digit 1/4 in your 240 yet?

    I'm still struggling getting into the 9s with my 4 cylinder 240SX. It's trapping at 140mph+, so it has the balls for 9s, just need to get everything dialed in.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Sleeper101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Springcity
    Posts
    1,152

    Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

    Nah I have not been to the track yet since the new setup. I will be going after I get it dialed in the 1/8th. I have been Non Stop on both of these cars since November.

    What.are u trapping in the 1/8th?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    Nah I have not been to the track yet since the new setup. I will be going after I get it dialed in the 1/8th. I have been Non Stop on both of these cars since November.

    What.are u trapping in the 1/8th?
    It's trapping 103mph in the 1/8. I seem to think this is where the problem area is, as the car pulls incredibly hard in 3rd and 4th, but something still seems amiss somewhere in the 1/8 mile. I feel this is why the car isn't getting into the 9s. I'm going to have to go over the tune again and do some suspension adjustments to see if it helps out. 140mph trap should be in the 9s range.

    Regardless.... not bad for a 4 cylinder street car. Very few cars even come close to me in the top end, which is where the car is brutally fast.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Sleeper101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Springcity
    Posts
    1,152

    Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

    ya sounds like the 1/8th is were ur off. You need to be at least around 110.

    What gears are you running?

    Ur 60' needs to be in the 1.4 range.

    But ur def knocking on the back door to the 9's. Its Just hard to get there.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    ya sounds like the 1/8th is were ur off. You need to be at least around 110.

    What gears are you running?

    Ur 60' needs to be in the 1.4 range.

    But ur def knocking on the back door to the 9's. Its Just hard to get there.
    I'll get there the next time I run at the track, unless I have a catastrophe.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Sleeper101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Springcity
    Posts
    1,152

    Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

    Well if I dont Hit at least 9.60's this yr im gonna pull the Rb out and sell it. Then Ill build a 400sbc with a single 101mm turbo. Then will see who's boss lol!!!

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Metro Detroit, MI
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31

    Black
    1999 Blazer LS 2DR

    any idea what the trans am will run?

  11. #11
    Senior Member Sleeper101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Springcity
    Posts
    1,152

    Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

    We ran it a few times last yr with the Stroker bottem end Only. Stock cam, heads, intake manifold, manifold exhaust all the way out, Stock gears, on street tires and ran 8.80's in the 1/8th. But we have not ran the new setup yet. I think With out Nitrous it should push 7.50's and with Nitrous 6.50's

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    Well if I dont Hit at least 9.60's this yr im gonna pull the Rb out and sell it. Then Ill build a 400sbc with a single 101mm turbo. Then will see who's boss lol!!!
    I'm thinking of taking it out this Thursday. Wish me luck and a 9 second time slip.

  13. #13
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    Well if I dont Hit at least 9.60's this yr im gonna pull the Rb out and sell it. Then Ill build a 400sbc with a single 101mm turbo. Then will see who's boss lol!!!
    love those 400 sbc's!


  14. #14
    Senior Member Sleeper101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Springcity
    Posts
    1,152

    Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    I'm thinking of taking it out this Thursday. Wish me luck and a 9 second time slip.
    Better Post it up Good luck man!! You got any video's of ur ride in action?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    Better Post it up Good luck man!! You got any video's of ur ride in action?


    No 9 seconds time slip. I fiddled with the suspension a bit, got one new best run in of a 10.18@140. Not much different than my previous best. The next pass I lowered the psi on the slicks more, softened the suspension all the way up in the rear, and raised the 2 step. The car launched harder then I've ever felt before, hit 2nd gear...... boom..... broke an axle and possibly the input shaft bearing. I did bring a spare set of old axles for backup, but I decided not to run the car again since I had to drive it back home. Also the transmission is a bit noisy now after the axle break, I'm going to pull it when I have time to see how bad the input shaft bearing took a beating. It shifts kind of rough now and whines.

    Oh well, no biggy I guess, SR transmissions are decently cheap, and it held 500+whp and numerous track passes, so it exceeded my expectations. I'm going to looking into some beefier axles, as I don't want to be cut short on track day due to stock axles. Then I'm probably going to browse one of the local shops or forums for another SR transmission.... or maybe I should look into an auto setup..... hrmmmm.

    So for now, the SR 240 is parked for inspection/repairs/upgrades. I guess it's time to bring the LS1 240 out for some thrashing.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Sleeper101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Springcity
    Posts
    1,152

    Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post


    No 9 seconds time slip. I fiddled with the suspension a bit, got one new best run in of a 10.18@140. Not much different than my previous best. The next pass I lowered the psi on the slicks more, softened the suspension all the way up in the rear, and raised the 2 step. The car launched harder then I've ever felt before, hit 2nd gear...... boom..... broke an axle and possibly the input shaft bearing. I did bring a spare set of old axles for backup, but I decided not to run the car again since I had to drive it back home. Also the transmission is a bit noisy now after the axle break, I'm going to pull it when I have time to see how bad the input shaft bearing took a beating. It shifts kind of rough now and whines.

    Oh well, no biggy I guess, SR transmissions are decently cheap, and it held 500+whp and numerous track passes, so it exceeded my expectations. I'm going to looking into some beefier axles, as I don't want to be cut short on track day due to stock axles. Then I'm probably going to browse one of the local shops or forums for another SR transmission.... or maybe I should look into an auto setup..... hrmmmm.

    So for now, the SR 240 is parked for inspection/repairs/upgrades. I guess it's time to bring the LS1 240 out for some thrashing.
    Dang that sucks about breaking. I have had the same problems too. I was told to look at the rb20 skyline rear end. They are a direct bolt in with a 4.36 gear.

    What kind of boost are you gettin at the line off the 2step?

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    Dang that sucks about breaking. I have had the same problems too. I was told to look at the rb20 skyline rear end. They are a direct bolt in with a 4.36 gear.

    What kind of boost are you gettin at the line off the 2step?
    The rear end is fine. I just broke the axle and possibly the transmission.

    4.36 gear is way to short of a final drive, for me anyway.

    On the run in which I broke I think I was between 12-14psi on the 2 step. Can't be sure, I wasn't looking at the boost gauge.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Sleeper101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Springcity
    Posts
    1,152

    Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

    That rb20 skyline rear end comes with axles that are extremely strong. If you buy axles for the r200 ur looking at 1200$+ There really expensive. Thats why Im going with that skyline rear end for around 300$

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    That rb20 skyline rear end comes with axles that are extremely strong. If you buy axles for the r200 ur looking at 1200$+ There really expensive. Thats why Im going with that skyline rear end for around 300$
    Does the RB20 rear end come with a final drive that's sub 4.00? Because anything in the 4.00 range is a bit too short, and I'll have to shift to 5th at the end of the track which will kill my time.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Sleeper101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Springcity
    Posts
    1,152

    Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

    I really dont think The rb20 one does. But I know One of the skyline rear ends comes with a 3 something ratio. I dont remember the exact number. But I have looked into axles and rear swaps. I figured it out to be way cheaper to swap the entire unit than to Just buy axles. I was told when using the skyline rear end I could still use my 4lug hubs which is what I wanted so I dont loose my wheel combo. See idk what the sr ratio is in the trans, But with a 4.36 final on my Rb trans I pretty sure Ill be close to 7400rpm 4th gear 1/4 mile which is perfect considering I shift at 7500.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Import Vs Domestic December 2, 2012 at Hub City Raceway
    By Bonnie Webb in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2012, 11:37 AM
  2. Import vs Domestic
    By ls1camino in forum Eastern Members
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-10-2010, 04:06 PM
  3. checking intrest on import vs domestic event at famoso
    By ls1mastermind in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-31-2007, 12:50 PM
  4. checking intrest on a import vs domestic event at famoso
    By ls1mastermind in forum Western Members
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 09:37 PM
  5. Moving over Import to Domestic
    By turbohatchattack in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-09-2006, 07:11 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •