Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Best Cars Vs. LS1's

What are some of the best cars to race on the road? Supra's? Mach1's? Lightning's? McLaren F1's (hehe)?

as far as cars that'll give you a good run stock for stock? I'd say all the ones you listed above except McLaren. Personally I'm dying to run into a RAM SRT-10 to find out how I'll stack up, I love those trucks. I also want to see a 300ZX TT or 3000GT TT both would be good runs for a stock LS1. Oh yeah, I've also wqnted to run an M3 for awhile, not sure how I'd do.

But as soon as you start modding the sky's the limit. A bolt-on F-body could easily be in the league of C5s, Evos, and STi's. If you have more planned, it will begin to get hard to find worthy opponents unless you go to car meets with some serious enthusiasts.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by mpe488
    as far as cars that'll give you a good run stock for stock? I'd say all the ones you listed above except McLaren. Personally I'm dying to run into a RAM SRT-10 to find out how I'll stack up, I love those trucks. I also want to see a 300ZX TT or 3000GT TT both would be good runs for a stock LS1. Oh yeah, I've also wqnted to run an M3 for awhile, not sure how I'd do.

But as soon as you start modding the sky's the limit. A bolt-on F-body could easily be in the league of C5s, Evos, and STi's. If you have more planned, it will begin to get hard to find worthy opponents unless you go to car meets with some serious enthusiasts.
    Go into the "Kill Stories" section and read the thread I posted about me Vs. An STi... You'll also your 300ZX and SRT-10 in there... I wanna race a Supra or an Evo8, anything but Stangs or Civics... no offense to anyone, just to many on the road...

Quote Originally Posted by mpe488
    A bolt-on F-body could easily be in the league of C5s, Evos, and STi's.
    Quarter mile wise? Stock F-Body's already are. Handling wise, yeah, I definitely agree with you there...

Are you stock and do you want to win are two important questions. There are some cars out there that will beat you if you do not have modifications. Domestically If you are stock I would be leary of Cobras, Mach 1's are beatable I think. Lightening's are quick and hard to tell if they are modded until it is too late like any forced induction car. You won't beat anything with an SRT8 badge on it either. Ram SRT10's are pretty quick but might be a good race. The Evo's and WRX STi's will be all you can handle too and maybe could go either way I don't really know. Just be careful out there and be a good sport about losing. Heck, my first time out with the GTO I got beat by a station wagon - oh well.

Member since 2001

Pewter
    Id say comparably, the newer Cobras/mach's seem to keep the LS1's on there feet

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6

At higher speeds an SRT10 truck wont pose any threat unless you screw up royally. I Also raced a Ford Lightning with 415 HP and I had 2 people in my car and a bent pushrod, and I beat it the first couple races then it killed me a few times.

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Im sorry but the 300ZX TTs are damn sexy

BigBlockPower
    Quote Originally Posted by Antz97ZNJ
    Id say comparably, the newer Cobras/mach's seem to keep the LS1's on there feet
    Don't forget about the notorious 5.0s....they are like a box of chocolates and a built Fox can be plain nasty. With all the smallblock face-offs out there I won't even get into big inch engines...totally different world.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlockPower
    Don't forget about the notorious 5.0s....they are like a box of chocolates and a built Fox can be plain nasty. With all the smallblock face-offs out there I won't even get into big inch engines...totally different world.
    I raced a '86 Cobra w/ heads, cam and all that. We both got up to 120mph, but man he was all over the road. He could get up there but couldn't handle for shit so he had to slow up. Sucks huh?

Black
    1987 Grand National

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething
    I raced a '86 Cobra w/ heads, cam and all that. We both got up to 120mph, but man he was all over the road. He could get up there but couldn't handle for shit so he had to slow up. Sucks huh?
    86 Cobra?

KILLSWITCH ETERNAL
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc87GN
    86 Cobra?
    Yeah, I remember those! I raced one in my '82 IROC TransAm Pacecar Edition. Those were the days.

Jeessh an '86 Cobra? This statement does not apply to everyone, but I would have thought people here would be a bit more knowledgeable about cars. Really no point I can see discussing anything other than LS1 issues, which is fine and what the board is all about.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by lieu910
    Jeessh an '86 Cobra? This statement does not apply to everyone, but I would have thought people here would be a bit more knowledgeable about cars. Really no point I can see discussing anything other than LS1 issues, which is fine and what the board is all about.
    Look I'm not super clear on what year this Mustang was...It was a Foxbody and had the stupid Cobra emblem on the side so I'm assuming it was a Cobra, don't need to be knowledgable towards Mustangs...THEY'RE MUSTANGS!

99PontTA
    i raced a goat

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by 99PontTA
    i raced a goat
    Care to enlighten us w/ the outcome? Mods?

Red
    92 ford taurus sho

Just don't race any supercharged Taurus shos. They have a tendency of winning.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Texantony
    Do they now? Well, maybe an LS1 can change their winning streak?

99PontTA
    Quote Originally Posted by Texantony
    thats what the goat thought too.

Thread Information