Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Being Called out by a Evo

This is a discussion on Being Called out by a Evo within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by jrc1122;834688 I think people get angry because so called "crappy" mitsubishi got 280/2 =[B 140 HP per ...

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122;834688

I think people get angry because so called "crappy" mitsubishi got

280/2 =[B
    140 HP per liter[/B].

And the fbody gets 57 hp per liter. 325/5.7 = 57.01

As far as evo/ lancer comparison. I dare anyone to buy a plain ole lancer- slap a 20 lb of boost turbo on it, and see what happens. Yeah they are just like a lancer.
    PS I love my FBODY.
    You're argueing HP per liter??

Looks like you just gave yourself away, the true ricer here is exposed. Thats the most pathetic arguement ever convieved, its not remotely relevent to anything.

And despite what you keep claiming, the Evo is a Lancer. Different engine and upgraded components, but its still a Lancer economy car underneath, you can't change the facts.

Nobody's angry about anything, people like yourself are just too ignorant to realize you are only looking at numbers. Its not all about numbers. Open your eyes, look at the damn car. Its one of the ugliest vehicles ever created, that doesn't appeal to a lot of people to own an ass ugly car. Its also one of the worst sounding vehicles ever created, thanks to its 2.0L 4 cylinder that sounds like a weedwacker on steriods. Not to mention the fact that its got a less than ideal powerband, in which it makes no low end power or torque, and the fact that it suffers from the same quality issues that plague all Mistibishi vehicles. Give the nut swinging a rest, you aren't convincing anyone to buy an Evo.
    Last edited by Wesman; 06-24-2007 at 09:32 PM.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by rc74racer View Post
    Right it's obvious he has no idea what he's talking about just going to bag on the EVO because he doesn't like it. Lancer and EVO don't have crap in common it's like saying a V6 camaro is just like a Z28 or a 4cyl mustang is a cobra. They share nothing but a platform and few interior pieces.
    Umm...A V6 Camaro and a Z28 is still the same damn car. Different engine, suspension, and options, still an F-body. A 4 cylinder Mustang is still a Mustang too, just with a different engine. Same was an Evo is still a Lancer, just with a different engine and components. At least the F-Body and Mustang were performance cars from the start, not "tuner cars" derived from cheap econo sedans.

You basically contradicted your entire point with the examples you gave

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I personally think Evo's and STI's are nice. I must admit I am not a fan of the Evo's interior, but you forget about what your looking at inside when your watching those RPM's fly (when the turbo spools ).

Anyways we are turning this thread into a comparison now. Like every, STI, Evo, Supra thread.

Look man run the Evo. Hell if you win you win if you loose big deal. Its not worth loosing sleep over. I don't even remember if it was an Evo VIII or IX now. But either way good luck.

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

What's the problem with quoting hosepower per liter??

It's a standard mesurment in power, a motor that can produce 100hp per liter n/a is considered very good. It's not just a so called ricer thing, they use that term around the world.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

OK... that's enough...I'm gonna shut everyone up for once... EVO IS JUST A MODDED LANCER... here in Puerto Rico there are 2 EVO's on record that have been CREATED out of gutting Eclipse's or older Evo's... and putting it all in a Mitsubishi Mirage/Lancer... if that's not enough proof for ya... the Evo's motor wich is basicly a better tuned 1990-1998 Eclipes motor... has been put into countless other Mitsu's... to make them run 10 seconds down the track on only FWD...

You guys will never win the argument that a EVO is a whole difrent car all together... because it's not... it's just a really well built cheap Lancer... they use Rally technology from their efforts in the WRC... but they start as any other lancer...with the same exact platform...

As for the motor... I'm gonna say this... HP per liter or any of that shit is crap... but that motor...I've seen hold 700HP...and that's extremely impresive for such a little motor... but it's not like people here aren't making the same HP out of the 1.8L out of the Cheap Mitsu Mirage Technica with a Turbo... in the end you can make anything fast...and there's no point in arguing

Evo=Great handling FUN car... (i've raced a few...and it totally depends on their mods)
    F-Body= BIG Torque Muscle Car... that wont out handle a Evo without extensive mods...

they both where designed to do competely difrent things...and when you start comparing them in doing the same things... it's never gonna be a competely equal fight...so just suck up your prides and realise the good points about each car and be happy that we live in a world were you can buy the car you LIKE... and no one is forced to buy just one type of car
    Mods: SLP Air Lid w/ KN, Free-Mods, LS6 Manifold, Magnaflow, Headers, EFILive
    Visuals: Angel eyes, rear eurolights and T/A rims
    Suspension: Eibach ProKit, UMI Adj. Panhard, SFC's, LCA Relocation brakets, KYB AGX shocks

http://www.fquick.com/garages/Chevro...28/1999/23674/

The EVO and Lancer share the same chassis. A chassis is a bulk design of metal. From there, the suspension components, the entire drivetrain, the engine, the brakes, the body parts, the wheels... all different.

The chassis from the regular Lancer is stiffened over 40% before becoming an EVO. Its not a "motor swap with some wheels.

Rikki Seve, the beginning of your post is so ridiculous I almost fell out of my chair. The rest was great and spot-on. A "modded" Lancer would not handle, brake or do anything an EVO can. Now youre claiming they've MADE EVOs out of gutted Eclipses? Huh? So if I go buy an RX7 and put an LS1 out of Camaro in it, Ill be driving a Camaro huh? Come'on man.

If you took a regular Lancer, stripped it down to the chassis, stiffened it up, then put on EVO body parts which are wider, and some even aluminum, change the suspension out for the forged aluminum that is in the EVO, put on Brembo brakes, put in a 4G63 motor and an AWD drivetrain, then yeah, I guess you could call that a "Modded Lancer."

It would be much easier to make a V6 Camaro into an SS Camaro than it would a Lancer to an EVO. The "motor swap" applies there.

The regular Lancer and the EVO share the same CHASSIS and the SOME interior peices. They share nothing else. I know some of you have a hard time stomaching that, but sorry to disappoint. The whole its just a Lancer argument is a lame attempt at putting down the EVO. Get over it.

At least Wesman just came out and admitted he hates them because of they way they look and sound.

Also, the HP/per litre argument is very lame.
    Last edited by EE1983; 06-25-2007 at 08:46 AM.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

sooo saturday night i called my friend and he was going to call me back but he had to be at work at 5 am... soo he went to sleep soo i hung out at the local krispy kreme and just bullshited with my friends... later a g35 comes up and parks he looks drunk.. my friend starts to bullshit and i guess he calles his friend the guy gets out of the car and says i got someone for you to race and he was like it was the orange civic... i said well whats he got and then he said you don't need to know!

Soo 10 minutes later this arrogant civic driver rolls up and says what up wanna race and then continued to say i will woop all your cars asses! i agreed but wanted to know whats under the motor... he was like i am not gunna show you soo i asked again and again and he said ok i will show you for only 5 seconds... well i guess he has a D16 with a t3/t4 turbo only running 6 PSI..... I walk to my car and i told my friend he was lying...

So we get on the highway... CUZ THATS MY FAVORITE!... i am about 3,500 rpms in second i beep 3 times and take off i had a door on him through second and then 3rd i had 1 car... then 4th i had a car and a half...

Camaro=1
    Honda=0

We line up again but this time i was in 3rd and not soo high rpm... we take off and i got a fender, and then a car and then 2 cars....

Camaro= 2
    Honda= 0

We went the other way on the high way we start in 1st... BAD MISTAKE... we take off and he gets infront of me by almost a car... VTEC=don't need to shift for like a year... But the SS Proved herself.. and from full throttle and shifting the best i have ever done i wooped his ass by 2 1/2 car lengths! oh ya his friend had a look on his face like he just saw a ghost when i passed him like HOT KNIFE THOUGH BUTTA!

Camaro= 3
    Honda= 0

We went back and open my hood so i can look cool and cool my motor.. his friend goes to my car and looks for Nitrous... NOPE DON'T got any! soo he was pissed that he finally lost a race... and his friends were like that is a badass car! and the guy who owned the civic was like its just a camaro... I laughed and said good race he said nothing and drove away! Wat a douche!

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    If you took a regular Lancer, stripped it down to the chassis, stiffened it up, then put on EVO body parts which are wider, and some even aluminum, change the suspension out for the forged aluminum that is in the EVO, put on Brembo brakes, put in a 4G63 motor and an AWD drivetrain, then yeah, I guess you could call that a "Modded Lancer."
    well the only reason why I say gutted eclipses...is cause I'm not 100% up on my Mitsubishi parts... but actually what you describe in this paragraph is exactly what they did to creat at least one of them... a Evo3

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    well the only reason why I say gutted eclipses...is cause I'm not 100% up on my Mitsubishi parts... but actually what you describe in this paragraph is exactly what they did to creat at least one of them... a Evo3
    Ok and on LS1tech, a guy is taking an entire drivetrain, dash, motor, yada out of a crashed C5 corvette and putting it into a civic hatch. Does that mean his Civic is now considered a Corvette? Catch my drift..

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Ok and on LS1tech, a guy is taking an entire drivetrain, dash, motor, yada out of a crashed C5 corvette and putting it into a civic hatch. Does that mean his Civic is now considered a Corvette? Catch my drift..
    yeah... I see what you mean... but at least this guy took the time to make it look/Run/handle like a real Evo...

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    yeah... I see what you mean... but at least this guy took the time to make it look/Run/handle like a real Evo...
    I gotcha. You should check out the thread on LS1tech.com, its actually pretty crazy what the guy is doing. I dont see how it can work but whatever.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

I gotcha. You should check out the thread on LS1tech.com, its actually pretty crazy what the guy is doing. I dont see how it can work but whatever.
    yeah man...I saw it a while back... it was crazy...even putting the Corvette interior in it... it's gonna be one hell of a Sleeper...I'll tell you that much...

Sleeper indeed. I just cant imagine the sound of a V8 coming from that ugly little Civic hehe

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

that along with the stuned face of people as it peels out with the rear wheels... i wish I was there to see it happen

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    You're argueing HP per liter??

Looks like you just gave yourself away, the true ricer here is exposed. Thats the most pathetic arguement ever convieved, its not remotely relevent to anything.

And despite what you keep claiming, the Evo is a Lancer. Different engine and upgraded components, but its still a Lancer economy car underneath, you can't change the facts.

Nobody's angry about anything, people like yourself are just too ignorant to realize you are only looking at numbers. Its not all about numbers. Open your eyes, look at the damn car. Its one of the ugliest vehicles ever created, that doesn't appeal to a lot of people to own an ass ugly car. Its also one of the worst sounding vehicles ever created, thanks to its 2.0L 4 cylinder that sounds like a weedwacker on steriods. Not to mention the fact that its got a less than ideal powerband, in which it makes no low end power or torque, and the fact that it suffers from the same quality issues that plague all Mistibishi vehicles. Give the nut swinging a rest, you aren't
    convincing anyone to buy an Evo.
    So now I am "ricer" because I don't suck big fat Domestic Donkey D!ck?

I am just saying if you build a reliable STOCK (from the factory) to with hold 140 hp per liter, you can't be considered crappy.

In order for the Fbody to be able to produce the same ratio of power to liter ratio - it would need to create approx 798 HP.. And we all know the Stock rear end, clutch, and probably the motor (not a motorhead sorry) won't handle 798 HP.

I think GM created a very efficent engine in the LS1. I Just don't call all others crappy engineering just because it wasn't built in detroit, or canada, or mexico where ever they made the Fbodies.

PS I love my WS6 and will run any evo, any time they want, and hopefully I will win more than I lose, but to say it's crap is just plain bias and a complete refusal to open your mind to other engineering than the GREAT PUSH ROD.

Maybe a 2.0 Liter Turbo charged DOHC engine that is capable of 0-60 seconds deep into the 4's and quarter miles in LOW 13's STOCK is a worthy opponent, and shouldn't be brushed off so easily by an obvious HATER.

I am now a ricer for recognizing that HP to engine size ratio is a very valid

I am not dogging the Fbody -- FOR crying out loud I chose the WS6 over the EVO (after driving both)

Calling a fellow LS1.com member, and V8 American Muscle car driver ...a "ricer", because I refuse to bash other cars that aren't the same, is foolish on your behalf. It is a completely inaccurate description of me or the type of person I am. Making your oberservation skills weak to say the least.

But let's move past this ridiculous notion that four cylinders are "crappy". And if you can't intelligently defend your position-- I.E EVO is a crappy car... then please don't destroy others threads with your nonsense.

I have proven with 0-60 times, quarter mile times, Magizine write ups comparing it to 100K sports cars. etc. I have proven that it isn't just a toyota corolla, or geo metro,, It is a very nicely performing car and I like it.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I personally like the evos. As long as they arent riced out its all good. Some cars like civics I would never like but they are right it is 2 different cars made for different reasons. I agree if I wanted to race I use my camaro for the power they have but when I just want to have fun driving something and go drifting in I have my 300ZX twin turbo. I got the best from both domestic and import worlds and I use them both differently, yes they are both my daily driver but it just depends on what you want to do...

Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post

I am just saying if you build a reliable STOCK (from the factory) to with hold 140 hp per liter, you can't be considered crappy.

In order for the Fbody to be able to produce the same ratio of power to liter ratio - it would need to create approx 798 HP.. And we all know the Stock rear end, clutch, and probably the motor (not a motorhead sorry) won't handle 798 HP.

I think GM created a very efficent engine in the LS1. I Just don't call all others crappy engineering just because it wasn't built in detroit, or canada, or mexico where ever they made the Fbodies.

PS I love my WS6 and will run any evo, any time they want, and hopefully I will win more than I lose, but to say it's crap is just plain bias and a complete refusal to open your mind to other engineering than the GREAT PUSH ROD.

Maybe a 2.0 Liter Turbo charged DOHC engine that is capable of 0-60 seconds deep into the 4's and quarter miles in LOW 13's STOCK is a worthy opponent, and shouldn't be brushed off so easily by an obvious HATER.

I am not dogging the Fbody -- FOR crying out loud I chose the WS6 over the EVO (after driving both)

Calling a fellow LS1.com member, and V8 American Muscle car driver ...a "ricer", because I refuse to bash other cars that aren't the same, is foolish on your behalf. It is a completely inaccurate description of me or the type of person I am. Making your oberservation skills weak to say the least.

But let's move past this ridiculous notion that four cylinders are "crappy". And if you can't intelligently defend your position-- I.E EVO is a crappy car... then please don't destroy others threads with your nonsense.

I have proven with 0-60 times, quarter mile times, Magizine write ups comparing it to 100K sports cars. etc. I have proven that it isn't just a toyota corolla, or geo metro,, It is a very nicely performing car and I like it.

Great post

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Keep up with the insults, its really helping your cause

You don't get it.

NOBODY CARES.

HP per Liter is totally irrelevent to anything performance wise, displacement merely determines the characteristics of the engine, such as powerband, torque, sound, ect.

There are no advantages to using a smaller motor to make the same power as a larger one. You still use the same amount of fuel, you get much less low end power and torque, and it often sounds like crap compared to a larger motor.

Don't worry, you didn't fool anybody...

So you don't even know where F-bodies were made, yet you're trying to make a point?? You can't be serious.

Who said anything about pushrods?? Do you even know what pushrods are, or are you just talking out of your ass like you're been doing in the rest of your posts?? Ford uses DOHC on their modular 4.6 motors in the Mach 1 and Cobra, and they are great motors. Having an OHV design has nothing to do with me liking V8's more than crappy Mitsubishi 4 bangers.

So in other words you're trying to make me like the Evo, by pursuading me that the Evo deserves my respect. I hate the car, it looks like shit, it sounds like shit, and it drives, well, like shit, due to the fact that its a gutles 4 cylinder. Why must I like it?? Are people not allowed to have their own opinion of things, we must all agree with you??

You're arguing HP per liter, like they do on Honda boards.

You're trying to tell me how great the Evo is, even though I've already told you I think the car is a hunk of garbage and its not a car I like in the least bit.

You're trying to tell me how well it performs, even though I've already driven the car, and I've seen the numbers.

Yes, you are a ricer.

Good for you. I'm glad you like it. I DON'T. Now stop trying to persudade me to change my opinion, nobody cares how much you like to swing on the evos nuts, if you like it so much than good for you, keep it to yourself.
    Last edited by Wesman; 06-25-2007 at 04:20 PM.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Great post
    Thanks, I thought so myself.

Wesman.... I am not trying to make you to Love/ Like/ enjoy the Evo. I am telling you calling it crappy doesn't make sense. (I mean anyone can voice their opinion, but I was trying to debate with statistics, and magazine write ups, and personal experience driving and riding in an Evo. Not just calling it crap, for the sake of calling it crap) Those types of opinions are typically held in with higher regard by someone who has an appreciation for a good debate. None the less you definitely have the right to Hate on any car you want.

But for the record. I don't care what you like or dislike, and I have no invested interest by you having a positive opinion of the EVO. I just hate to see a car with obvious great performance bashed in what I feel is a senseless, baseless manner. But hey to each their own.

So...

For the purpose of keeping of keeping this civilized and we can move past our obvious differences, lets agree to disagree. And lets agree to not debate about this again.

EVO's Exterior Styling: BINGO-- It is an eye sore to most people. I agree

But I don't like style of many cars, That doesn't mean I think they perform poorly.

Let's move on, shall we..

PS-- I Love my WS6!

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Thanks, I thought so myself.

Wesman.... I am not trying to make you to Love/ Like/ enjoy the Evo. I am telling you calling it crappy doesn't make sense. (I mean anyone can voice their opinion, but I was trying to debate with statistics, and magazine write ups, and personal experience driving and riding in an Evo. Not just calling it crap, for the sake of calling it crap) Those types of opinions are typically held in with higher regard by someone who has an appreciation for a good debate. None the less you definitely have the right to Hate on any car you want.

But for the record. I don't care what you like or dislike, and I have no invested interest by you having a positive opinion of the EVO. I just hate to see a car with obvious great performance bashed in what I feel is a senseless, baseless manner. But hey to each their own.

So...

For the purpose of keeping of keeping this civilized and we can move past our obvious differences, lets agree to disagree. And lets agree to not debate about this again.

EVO's Exterior Styling: BINGO-- It is an eye sore to most people. I agree

But I don't like style of many cars, That doesn't mean I think they perform poorly.

Let's move on, shall we..

PS-- I Love my WS6!
    Fair enough.

I'm glad you can see my opinion on the car. Regardless of numbers and statistics, I don't like the car period, and thats for a multitude of reasons. Not the least of which is the fact that its Japanese, but we'll leave it at that.

So we'll just agree to disagree.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information