Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Being Called out by a Evo

This is a discussion on Being Called out by a Evo within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; I learned to dive on my 79 malibu that made around 500rear wheel torque lol....

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I learned to dive on my 79 malibu that made around 500rear wheel torque lol.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    I learned to dive on my 79 malibu that made around 500rear wheel torque lol.
    ... I had to "learn" in a 94 Mercury Sable making all of 140hp...and fast enough to get beat by a Elantra...

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

lol good times, well i earned my first car being as fast as it was when i got it when i was 15 it had a straight 6 cylinder in it lol and i worked at pick n save i built that car in 6 months on a pick n save income lol. Pick n save is a grocery store and i made 6.15 a hour lol.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

kinda off topic butt i know this guy who got a factory freak evo, pulling 8.1 stock in the 1/8. this car puts mine to shame i pull 8.5 if im real lucky, but before my tires i couldnt get better than a 2.0 60 foot, this guy pulls i think close to 1.5 60 foot.
    sorry just wanted to tell you about me getting murderd by a stock evo

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I personally like rear wheel drive better than AWD or FWD something about just swinging the rear around that gets my heart a pumping.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

I personally like rear wheel drive better than AWD or FWD something about just swinging the rear around that gets my heart a pumping.
    yeah... it's exiting being able to brake it loose a bit...and stuff... AWD to me feel likes cheating... as if you drive it...to go fast without having to care about having car control... know what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    I have friends that wouldn't agree with you... cause they've been in nasty accidents in FWD underpowerd cars...

I dont know how you interpreted what I said, but you can crash anything, thats obvious. However, Its pretty hard to disagree that a RWD car in the rain lets say is much easier to crash than a FWD car. The back end can whip out and with an inexperienced driver, that can be a handful.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

1 Word. Burnout.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    I dont know how you interpreted what I said, but you can crash anything, thats obvious. However, Its pretty hard to disagree that a RWD car in the rain lets say is much easier to crash than a FWD car. The back end can whip out and with an inexperienced driver, that can be a handful.
    yeah you're right... i might've jumped the gun on that one... but I guess that as long as their first car isn't the 350wtq ones... they shoudn't be in that much trouble...

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    1 Word. Burnout.
    Burnouts in FWD's is pretty easy... AWD never tried it... and My old tires say they are really fun in RWD

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    Burnouts in FWD's is pretty easy... AWD never tried it... and My old tires say they are really fun in RWD
    When I had my old Kuhmo MX's on my car I could do an AWD burnout, but not sitting still. Basically just revved it up to around 7000rpm and slipped it very fast and instantly smoked them and put down tire tracks, it was pretty cool! I have new Pirelli's on the car now and have not tried it with my new power yet.

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    kinda off topic butt i know this guy who got a factory freak evo, pulling 8.1 stock in the 1/8. this car puts mine to shame i pull 8.5 if im real lucky, but before my tires i couldnt get better than a 2.0 60 foot, this guy pulls i think close to 1.5 60 foot.
    sorry just wanted to tell you about me getting murderd by a stock evo
    He told you it was stock......

Factory freaks run .3-.5 quicker, not 1-2 seconds quicker. Unless he's completely crappin out in the top end a 8.1 should take him to a mid 12 or better easily.
    96 Imp SS- 12.74@103, 1.74 60' out of fuel

06 AWD TB SS- 12.58@106, 1.76 60'

01 Camaro SS- Totaled

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96 View Post
    He told you it was stock......

Factory freaks run .3-.5 quicker, not 1-2 seconds quicker. Unless he's completely crappin out in the top end a 8.1 should take him to a mid 12 or better easily.

That is true, and I highly doubt any bone stock EVO will run a 8.1. However, stock EVOs do not run 9.1-2 stock either. I would say the average with a good launc is around 8.5-8.8

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

That is true, and I highly doubt any bone stock EVO will run a 8.1. However, stock EVOs do not run 9.1-2 stock either. I would say the average with a good launc is around 8.5-8.8
    well he told me it was stock, he did not have a bov or a aftermarket muffler. well maybe im just gullible. but this car was FAST as hell. it had paper plates too, so i guess this guy couldnt wait to hook his car up.

well he told me it was stock, he did not have a bov or a aftermarket muffler. well maybe im just gullible. but this car was FAST as hell. it had paper plates too, so i guess this guy couldnt wait to hook his car up.
    I assume it was a 2006 (EVO IX). If he had a flash on it (which typically adds 35-45whp), he could have went those times and easily been in the 12s if it were a 1/4 track. An new EVO IX with just a reflash will make between 300-310whp on a Dynojet.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I just blew my motor im taking out a loan and my last year tax return and building a motor hopeing to have around 600rwhp.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

I assume it was a 2006 (EVO IX). If he had a flash on it (which typically adds 35-45whp), he could have went those times and easily been in the 12s if it were a 1/4 track. An new EVO IX with just a reflash will make between 300-310whp on a Dynojet.
    interesting

interesting
    Yeah they can trick you into saying they are stock, and one would believe it since from the exterior and under the hood, it is!

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I 2nd that, fun as hell going to dirt/sand road with small rocks whatever u want to call it.

You got to watch out from the EVO IX MR, those things run 13.0 flat. Evo VIII arent anything to worry about.

BTW
    Can't wait for the video.

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post

You got to watch out from the EVO IX MR, those things run 13.0 flat. Evo VIII arent anything to worry about.
    The "MR" model is no faster than the regular IX model or the RS model. They all have the same power. The MR just has a 6speed trans and different suspension, which actually hurts it 1/4 performance since you must shift to 5th. The fastest of the bunch by a slight margin is actually the stripped down RS model because it is around 120lbs lighter. Here is what the models look like:

IX RS
    IX
    IX w/SSL package (sunroof, leather, etc)
    IX MR (6speed, bilstein shocks, etc)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information