Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Beat an 03 Saleen

Prom night, thought we would do a little cruizing before the partying.
    2 O clock in the morning bump into a nice blue mustang and we rev at each other and I got him to follow me to the side of a street and we both asked to run em at the same time. He asked what I had and I told him a few bolt ons here and there. I asked him what he got and he said just a regular saleen with injectors, pullies, ect. ec.t 30 lbs of boost. And he wants to race for 500 bucks I said no I was thinking of 100-150 then he said 200 so I thought about it and said ok. But he wanted to check my car for nitrous so I let him look he didnt find any. (I roll N/A) we raced and I walked him twice by about 2 lengths. He thinks I cheated and have the nitrous underneath my dash. So he only ended up giving me 50 bucks but oh well I had my fun. BTW I had my date with me next to me in the car and me 2 friends in the back that kept telling me to not race and I will loose.

BTW the guys he were in the "saleen" had no idea that I didnt hear any whinning from his car when he revved and drove it before the race and that I wasnt a moran and knew that he couldnt be holding 30 lbs of boost and I recognized that he still had GT all over his car and the only thing about his saleen was the stick in the front windshield heheh

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Prom night, thought we would do a little cruizing before the partying.
    2 O clock in the morning bump into a nice blue mustang and we rev at each other and I got him to follow me to the side of a street and we both asked to run em at the same time. He asked what I had and I told him a few bolt ons here and there. I asked him what he got and he said just a regular saleen with injectors, pullies, ect. ec.t 30 lbs of boost. And he wants to race for 500 bucks I said no I was thinking of 100-150 then he said 200 so I thought about it and said ok. But he wanted to check my car for nitrous so I let him look he didnt find any. (I roll N/A) we raced and I walked him twice by about 2 lengths. He thinks I cheated and have the nitrous underneath my dash. So he only ended up giving me 50 bucks but oh well I had my fun. BTW I had my date with me next to me in the car and me 2 friends in the back that kept telling me to not race and I will loose.

BTW the guys he were in the "saleen" had no idea that I didnt hear any whinning from his car when he revved and drove it before the race and that I wasnt a moran and knew that he couldnt be holding 30 lbs of boost and I recognized that he still had GT all over his car and the only thing about his saleen was the stick in the front windshield heheh

Haha nice kill. That dude seems like an idiot and when I saw you say 30lbs of boost I was like..uhh, ok, either he's lying or you're lying about beating him lol.
    Saleens are slow anyway, 2 guys with yellow saleens a the track last week weren't even breaking 14...And how did you only let him give ya 50 bucks? If you would have lost he woulda tried to make you pay 200...You shoulda beat his ass and took the $$$

P.S: You're V-TEC tape and taped on bumper are the only thing that helped you beat him

Magnetic
    2016 Shelby GT350

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    Haha nice kill. That dude seems like an idiot and when I saw you say 30lbs of boost I was like..uhh, ok, either he's lying or you're lying about beating him lol.
    Saleens are slow anyway, 2 guys with yellow saleens a the track last week weren't even breaking 14...And how did you only let him give ya 50 bucks? If you would have lost he woulda tried to make you pay 200...You shoulda beat his ass and took the $$$

P.S: You're V-TEC tape and taped on bumper are the only thing that helped you beat him
    Saleens are slow???? Your opinion will change when you run against one that isn't just a Mustang GT with a body kit and some brake/suspension mods. Some Saleen models are supercharged and are quick. Some of you GM guys pop off without knowing what you are talking about.
    '01 BMW 330ci: Race it in a modified class in BMW CCA Club Racing and NASA endurance races.
    '04 Lincoln LS V8 Sport: Stock.
    '04 Mustang Cobra coupe (white/gray): Modified.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by 99 Kobra View Post
    Saleens are slow???? Your opinion will change when you run against one that isn't just a Mustang GT with a body kit and some brake/suspension mods. Some Saleen models are supercharged and are quick. Some of you GM guys pop off without knowing what you are talking about.[/QUOTE]
    And some Mustang guys spend more time on GM sites than on Ford ones.

Wonder why that is?

I like Fords and I spent a good bit of time on TCCOA when I had a T-bird. But in all fairness I am quite surprised by the number of Mustang fans who come here to stir the friggin' pot.

Of course Saleens can be fast. I remember a Vega in my high school days that could break into the 9's. Just in this particular case, it seems the "Saleen" was a poser, outmatched, genuinely slow, or the post is bogus. All I know for sure is that it's the internet and I'm happy with the entertainment value.
    Last edited by jad628; 05-13-2008 at 09:08 AM.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

way to call his bluff. I still never understood racing for money...it's just good fun

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

sounds like a regular GT good kill

Magnetic
    2016 Shelby GT350

[QUOTE=jad628;1466272]

Wonder why that is?

I like Fords and I spent a good bit of time on TCCOA when I had a T-bird. But in all fairness I am quite surprised by the number of Mustang fans who come here to stir the friggin' pot.

Of course Saleens can be fast. I remember a Vega in my high school days that could break into the 9's. Just in this particular case, it seems the "Saleen" was a poser, outmatched, genuinely slow, or the post is bogus. All I know for sure is that it's the internet and I'm happy with the entertainment value.

Go to SVTPerformance.com and you'll see a lot of GM owners posting.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

No thanks, it just proves my point (I don't have one, and I have to limit the sites I go to for time's sake). To go to a Ford site and bad-mouth them (by GM lovers) is just as wrong. This ain't a dick measuring contest and it's sad how people let the rivalry gets ugly instead of just acknowledging that each type has it's strengths and faults and enjoying what American muscle is supposed to be about.

I'm not gonna street race anybody, but I'll read about it for entertainment value....shits & giggles, if you will. I think it's a bit childish to feel you have to constantly respond to remarks on ANOTHER site that differs from your perspective (and I'm not singling you out personally, I just mean in general). Sort of a war of words. Just not my thing.
    Last edited by jad628; 05-13-2008 at 11:39 AM.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

[QUOTE=99 Kobra;1466636]
    Quote Originally Posted by jad628 View Post

Oh this guy.......

10's N/A

99Kobra does have a point in that all Saleen's aren't slow. I had the misfortune of being lined up against '95 S351R a few years ago and let's just say it wasn't your typical Ford. He was all stock w/ the exception of M/T ET slicks...and pulled an 11.9@12x. His car made it to MM&FF's readers rides section.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    99Kobra does have a point in that all Saleen's aren't slow. I had the misfortune of being lined up against '95 S351R a few years ago and let's just say it wasn't your typical Ford. He was all stock w/ the exception of M/T ET slicks...and pulled an 11.9@12x. His car made it to MM&FF's readers rides section.
    Yes, ALL Saleens aren't slow, but there are also Hondas out there that would whoop just about every car on this site. I saw 3 of them at cecil one night and just laughed at them until I saw them run ( they were the most ragged ass pieces of shit I've ever seen) and they were running 8's!

Saleens are slow???? Your opinion will change when you run against one that isn't just a Mustang GT with a body kit and some brake/suspension mods. Some Saleen models are supercharged and are quick. Some of you GM guys pop off without knowing what you are talking about.
    Let me rephrase that....Every Saleen I've ever seen run (at pretty damn close to sea level) were slower than I had expected. 14's isn't very special imo, and I talked to 1 of the 2 guys in the pits 3 weeks ago and he told me that they were both "real" saleens (they both had roots style blowers if that makes them real)...Times please (from stock to far from it) cause if I'm wrong I will be the first to recant my statement. I am speaking from what I have seen, I'm sure there are fast one's out there and better drivers at that, but would you not be wrong for also saying that they are all fast...?

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

No matter what your going to find a "fast" something.
    Till today eclipses was slow untill I found a very streetable one running mid 12s today and not only that but it was a convert.

I was happy enough with 50 bucks, I wanted to just get out of there, its biker week down here and cops were all around

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    No matter what your going to find a "fast" something.
    Till today eclipses was slow untill I found a very streetable one running mid 12s today and not only that but it was a convert.

I was happy enough with 50 bucks, I wanted to just get out of there, its biker week down here and cops were all around
    Exactly what I'm saying.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    Yes, ALL Saleens aren't slow, but there are also Hondas out there that would whoop just about every car on this site. I saw 3 of them at cecil one night and just laughed at them until I saw them run ( they were the most ragged ass pieces of shit I've ever seen) and they were running 8's!
    With all due respect, were talking about a semi-production tuner car that you can (or could have) wen't and bought off the showroom as-is. You couldn't go to a Honda dealership and buy an 8-second Civic. You had to build it.

Jay

http://www.soec.org/datasheets/musta...specs_soec.pdf

Heres a 2003 s/c281

375 hp and 415 torque

Heres a non supercharged one......http://www.soec.org/datasheets/musta...specs_soec.pdf

290hp and 330 torque

white

[QUOTE=jad628;1466272]

Wonder why that is?

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    100 g's for a stroked 4.6L Mustang??? Pleaze. One thing I never like about Ford or it's tuners. In order for them to build a car that can match or beat the competition, it was going to be atleast 1 of 3 things: Very limited in production ('93 Cobra R, '95 Cobra R, '00 Cobra R), Expensive ('00 Cobra R, Saleen/Roush tuner Mustangs, Shelby GT500), or very limited in the number of years of production ('93 R, '95 R, '00 R, 03-04 Cobra). When will they build something at a decent price that can lead the competition and keep it in production for a good amount of years?

white

Quote Originally Posted by jad628 View Post
    No thanks, it just proves my point (I don't have one, and I have to limit the sites I go to for time's sake). To go to a Ford site and bad-mouth them (by GM lovers) is just as wrong. This ain't a dick measuring contest and it's sad how people let the rivalry gets ugly instead of just acknowledging that each type has it's strengths and faults and enjoying what American muscle is supposed to be about.

I'm not gonna street race anybody, but I'll read about it for entertainment value....shits & giggles, if you will. I think it's a bit childish to feel you have to constantly respond to remarks on ANOTHER site that differs from your perspective (and I'm not singling you out personally, I just mean in general). Sort of a war of words. Just not my thing.
    + 10000

Thread Information