Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415 LastLast

Baddest non LS1 car here?

This is a discussion on Baddest non LS1 car here? within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Our third gen has a NA 355 small block pump gas and has run 11.86 @ 118 with a 7.7 ...

Black
    99 Formula

Our third gen has a NA 355 small block pump gas and has run 11.86 @ 118 with a 7.7 @ 92 in the 1/8. Since that run we've widdled it down to 7.44 @95 in the 1/8, should equate to about 11.5 @ 120. gonna go run it tomorrow at Irwindale 1/8 mile again. Try to get some 7.3's maybe 7.2. Still dialing in launch with new trans brake

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    my 240sx will be a high 9 sec car this season. Its a full street car also. full interior and all seats including factory rear seats still in the car. No weight mods.

motor makes 620@ the wheels.

last race season @ 360whp it cut 1.6 60's and ran 7.30's in the 1/8th which is good for a high 10 sec 1/4 pass.
    Yup, same here. Full interior (no spare or tools of course), no cage, no parachute, all factory. For some reason the '89-90s always have weighed less than the average lot of 240SXs on the scale, as my car weighed in at 2644lbs. (without me) at the track. I'm only 150lbs. myself.

I have never had my car on the dyno with this setup, as I like to street tune it with true load on the engine that most dynometers can't duplicate..... and I don't like to pay to tune. I would guess somewhere in the mid 500whp range by my butt dyno.

Car went 10.71@136.81mph on 22psi of boost, on "deflated" drag radials. I will be going back in March with the 30psi tune and slicks. This 4 cylinder WILL go into the 9s I tell you with full interior..... and I will put street tires back on it and drive the bitch home afterward.

Best of luck to both of us, let's see the single digits!

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    Yup, same here. Full interior (no spare or tools of course), no cage, no parachute, all factory. For some reason the '89-90s always have weighed less than the average lot of 240SXs on the scale, as my car weighed in at 2644lbs. (without me) at the track. I'm only 150lbs. myself.

I have never had my car on the dyno with this setup, as I like to street tune it with true load on the engine that most dynometers can't duplicate..... and I don't like to pay to tune. I would guess somewhere in the mid 500whp range by my butt dyno.

Car went 10.71@136.81mph on 22psi of boost, on "deflated" drag radials. I will be going back in March with the 30psi tune and slicks. This 4 cylinder WILL go into the 9s I tell you with full interior..... and I will put street tires back on it and drive the bitch home afterward.

Best of luck to both of us, let's see the single digits!
    dang ur car is light!! I have not put mine on scales yet But i would guess its not anything under 2900lbs. I have added alot of weight. But I also have the heavy weight inline 6.

I likee to street tune also. the only reason I went to the dyno was B/c I switched the motor over to propane fuel and I was trying out a prototype intercoooler setup we built using the propane fuel as a coolant.

Good luck on the single digits props for the 4cyl also. when done right those are some bad motors!!

dang ur car is light!! I have not put mine on scales yet But i would guess its not anything under 2900lbs. I have added alot of weight. But I also have the heavy weight inline 6.

I likee to street tune also. the only reason I went to the dyno was B/c I switched the motor over to propane fuel and I was trying out a prototype intercoooler setup we built using the propane fuel as a coolant.

Good luck on the single digits props for the 4cyl also. when done right those are some bad motors!!
    Are you running an S13 or S14 chassis? S13 chassis weighs in at 2680lbs. for the SE model (which is what I have). That's with power windows, sunroof, etc. I'm sure the base model S13s weigh less. I'm sure with the lighter aftermarket parts is why my car weighed less. Even an S14 SE weighs in at 2770lbs., where is all your weight coming from? That I6 must weigh alot.

What I6 setup do you have, are you running an RB or a 2J setup? My other 240SX has an LS1 setup in it, very fun car to drive, mid 11s with bolt ons. I knew someone who had an S13 240SX with a 2JZGTE with a large single turbo setup. That car was undefeatable on the street.... he didn't race cars... he raced 1k+ bikes.

Let me know more about your setup, I'm interested. Let me know if you have any questions.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

I have the s13 hatch with power windows, door locks etc. The only thing i lack is A/C. I have the Rb25 setup with a 60-1 Precision turbo all running on propane and ls2 coils with a megasquirt ecu fixing to go in.

The rb weighs a ton i think tranny and all it was around 845lbs.Thats were the light weight ls1 and sr20 come into play.

I really wanted a ls with 6 speed in it. But i ran across this motor cheap so I bought it and since have built it from ground up.

So I hope you enjoy the ls1 lol I wanted it.

So is your sr built internally? and wat turbo you running?

I have the s13 hatch with power windows, door locks etc. The only thing i lack is A/C. I have the Rb25 setup with a 60-1 Precision turbo all running on propane and ls2 coils with a megasquirt ecu fixing to go in.

The rb weighs a ton i think tranny and all it was around 845lbs.Thats were the light weight ls1 and sr20 come into play.

I really wanted a ls with 6 speed in it. But i ran across this motor cheap so I bought it and since have built it from ground up.

So I hope you enjoy the ls1 lol I wanted it.

So is your sr built internally? and wat turbo you running?
    The SR has a "mild" bottom end build. It's running Eagle rods, with CP forged pistons (9.0:1 compression), and ARP rod/head bolts, Greddy headgasket. Other than that the rest of the bottom end is refreshed, but stock. On top, I'm running custom ground staggered intake/exhaust cams, solid lifters, and Supertech valve springs/retainers. The head is setup to rev out to 8500rpms if needed. There are some other misc. stuff too, but the important stuff is listed above.

The turbo is a large trim GT35R(1.06 a/r), on a custom built kit., tuned with ROM tuning software and data-logging. The exhaust is still exiting out the back of the car through a standard exhaust with a muffler! I'm still running pump gas and alchy injection for the 22psi tune. I will be running race gas with the 30psi tune this March. I'm tuning for 30psi next week, should be fun.

Transmission is completely stock internally, running an used Exedy Hyper Triple clutch (got a killer deal on it - $2k clutch for $500... woot!). Running a unmodified J30 VLSD in the rear end (3.92 final) for a bit taller gearing, but I might have to go aftermarket soon to avoid shifting into 5th gear, we'll see. That's pretty much the jist of my SR setup.

My LS1 240SX is very basic. Just I/H/E + supporting mods, with tuning. The engine and transmission came from an '02 Camaro SS with 60k miles I think (can't remember). Engine and transmission are totally stock internally. This car, surprisingly, is much more fun to drive than my SR 240SX. I'm thinking of getting a cam for this motor to get it into the 400whp range. Should be fun.

I love my toys.....

Hugger orange
    1999 super sport

68 chevy nova, 406 sbc, 7.05 @102mph in 1/8 N/A. 6.70 @110mph 100shot
    Drive 25 miles to the track and back. Awesome street car. 10.1 compression
    Dart Iron Eagle heads. Mighty Demon carb, 12 bolt, 4.10. Turbo 350 with 3400 stall. 1.51 60ft

Quote Originally Posted by badblazeSS View Post
    68 chevy nova, 406 sbc, 7.05 @102mph in 1/8 N/A. 6.70 @110mph 100shot
    Drive 25 miles to the track and back. Awesome street car. 10.1 compression
    Dart Iron Eagle heads. Mighty Demon carb, 12 bolt, 4.10. Turbo 350 with 3400 stall. 1.51 60ft
    That car is trapping very well in the 1/8. Nice time. Sometimes I think I could cut my times by a second if I just had an auto.... shit... I'm going to look for one now....

10's N/A

Non LSX...

'94 Z28
    385 LT1 4-Bolt '96 vette Block, 11.25:1 cr
    Lunati Custom Forged Lightweight Crank/H-Beam 5.7 rods/Lunati Pro Pistons
    Cam Motion Solid Roller Stick
    210cc LT1 Heads, Ported by Rex Hutchinson Race Engines
    Mono-blade, Custom Cold Air
    EMS 8860 Stand Alone ECU, tuned by me & Keith @ Force Fed Performance
    Hedmann 1-7/8" LT headers
    Level 10 4L60 Auto w/ Level 10 4000 stall
    BMR/Hotchkis Suspension

10.681/127.93 NATURALLY-ASPIRATED and STREET DRIVEN.

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Non LSX...

'94 Z28
    BMR/Hotchkis Suspension

Click for full size[/thumb]
    Click for full size
    What kind of power you putting down?

10's N/A

What kind of power you putting down?
    486/438 corrected.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

The SR has a "mild" bottom end build. It's running Eagle rods, with CP forged pistons (9.0:1 compression), and ARP rod/head bolts, Greddy headgasket. Other than that the rest of the bottom end is refreshed, but stock. On top, I'm running custom ground staggered intake/exhaust cams, solid lifters, and Supertech valve springs/retainers. The head is setup to rev out to 8500rpms if needed. There are some other misc. stuff too, but the important stuff is listed above.

The turbo is a large trim GT35R(1.06 a/r), on a custom built kit., tuned with ROM tuning software and data-logging. The exhaust is still exiting out the back of the car through a standard exhaust with a muffler! I'm still running pump gas and alchy injection for the 22psi tune. I will be running race gas with the 30psi tune this March. I'm tuning for 30psi next week, should be fun.

Transmission is completely stock internally, running an used Exedy Hyper Triple clutch (got a killer deal on it - $2k clutch for $500... woot!). Running a unmodified J30 VLSD in the rear end (3.92 final) for a bit taller gearing, but I might have to go aftermarket soon to avoid shifting into 5th gear, we'll see. That's pretty much the jist of my SR setup.

My LS1 240SX is very basic. Just I/H/E + supporting mods, with tuning. The engine and transmission came from an '02 Camaro SS with 60k miles I think (can't remember). Engine and transmission are totally stock internally. This car, surprisingly, is much more fun to drive than my SR 240SX. I'm thinking of getting a cam for this motor to get it into the 400whp range. Should be fun.

I love my toys.....
    Awesome setup on both cars!!

vlsd= yuck lol. I got the stock 4.08 r200 welded to full posi at the moment. But i keep snapping axles. Im switching out to the skyline rear end 4.36 gear here before race season. Im going to weld it full posi also.

I got the cusco exedy stage4 twin disk clutch 1500$ worth and have never had a problem.

are you running a 2step on the sr? I was running the gizzmo but its garbage!! messed my entire ignition system up. I might go back with a msd setup.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Non LSX...

'94 Z28
    BMR/Hotchkis Suspension

Click for full size[/thumb]
    Click for full size
    ya ya ya!! lol We all know u goot the baddest lt1 setup!! I disqualify you N/A monster!! lmao J/K

Nice setup!! Im building a very similar setup on a buddies car. Were can I find that cold air intake setup?

10's N/A

ya ya ya!! lol We all know u goot the baddest lt1 setup!! I disqualify you N/A monster!! lmao J/K

Nice setup!! Im building a very similar setup on a buddies car. Were can I find that cold air intake setup?

I actually bought it from a guy on craigslist for $60 with the filter. He said it was "custom"??? IDK. It doesn't look like any other CAI on the market for the LT1. It works just fine though.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

I actually bought it from a guy on craigslist for $60 with the filter. He said it was "custom"??? IDK. It doesn't look like any other CAI on the market for the LT1. It works just fine though.
    wow that was a steal. I cant find anything under 200$

The only hard part about custom on that is the throttle body side.

I might just build one tho. Only takes some time.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

n20lt4 isnt it 9s on the juice?

Awesome setup on both cars!!

vlsd= yuck lol. I got the stock 4.08 r200 welded to full posi at the moment. But i keep snapping axles. Im switching out to the skyline rear end 4.36 gear here before race season. Im going to weld it full posi also.

I got the cusco exedy stage4 twin disk clutch 1500$ worth and have never had a problem.

are you running a 2step on the sr? I was running the gizzmo but its garbage!! messed my entire ignition system up. I might go back with a msd setup.
    Yes, I'm using a basic 2 step (through the ROM tune) to hold some boost at the launch. On drag radials, I set the step for 4000-5000rpms, depending on track conditions, and try to hold 12-16psi before I let out. Any more or too much throttle and the tires light up, any less and I bog, then spin the tires at the top of the gear. Depending on the launch, I feather and play with the throttle a bit in first so I can get good traction at the next gear change. It's quite difficult to actually get the car to launch properly.

When I finally put on slicks, I'll probably just drop the hammer at 5000rpms on 16-18psi and see what happens. Never run this setup on slicks, so we'll see. I'm running Driveshaft Shop axles, so those should hold nicely. The VLSD should hold as well, since those are durable units. If I can get the thing to hook in boost, off the line, and not spin on the 1st to 2nd gear change, I think I can get a 9 second pass out of this 4 cylinder.... in fact I know I can since the trap speed is there.

My LS1 240SX is a cake to launch.

10's N/A

wow that was a steal. I cant find anything under 200$

The only hard part about custom on that is the throttle body side.

I might just build one tho. Only takes some time.
    Yeah I lucked up on that one. The throttle body isn't hard at all. Just go with one of the aftermarket elbows such as the Trickflow, Vortech, CRE, or even a factory 1LE, then you can find everything you need to connect from the MAF sensor to the filter at your local hardware store if you can be creative. May not look glamorous but will work!

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    n20lt4 isnt it 9s on the juice?
    That was the last car . The Patriot Red '93 which I sold 4 months ago. This motor has been in the works since April of last year. I love being the underdog guy in the LT1!

Black
    99 SS

This motor has been in the works since April of last year. I love being the underdog guy in the LT1!
    I was wanting to do the same thing, but have to sell the LT1 good luck man

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner View Post
    I was wanting to do the same thing, but have to sell the LT1 good luck man
    Thanks bud!

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415 LastLast

Thread Information