Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Anyone race an 11 5.0L yet??

This is a discussion on Anyone race an 11 5.0L yet?? within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; wow 390 rwhp with a tune? Is that for real?? I think it's blow out of proportion just a little ...

black
    1997 Camaro ss

wow 390 rwhp with a tune? Is that for real?? I think it's blow out of proportion just a little no?? It's usually the case every time there's a new engine people exaggerate quite a bit. I remember the 98 ls1 camaro in gmhtp where they claimed 12.9s bone stock. please.

From what I can see on sites, a bolt on 4th gen (Lts, exhaust, lid, filter, tune) should be around 345 rwhp give or take? The stang is 'supposed' to be around there if it actually put out 414 hp but weighs more. I

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by psychowette View Post
    wow 390 rwhp with a tune? Is that for real?? I think it's blow out of proportion just a little no?? It's usually the case every time there's a new engine people exaggerate quite a bit. I remember the 98 ls1 camaro in gmhtp where they claimed 12.9s bone stock. please.

From what I can see on sites, a bolt on 4th gen (Lts, exhaust, lid, filter, tune) should be around 345 rwhp give or take? The stang is 'supposed' to be around there if it actually put out 414 hp but weighs more. I
    there's a pile unbelieveable info out there on the new 5.0--- stuff that doesn't even make sense. like 115+mph trap speeds, 444 rwhp with just a CAI, exhaust and a tune, etc. give it a year or so on the streets and than we will see whats up.

91RS 99Z28 11GT 86Bronco

Baselines on the 5.0 have been a consistant 365rwhp. 390 is only a 25 gain with tune and intake.

91RS 99Z28 11GT 86Bronco

Full Bolt on LS1 = Stock 5.0 M6 3.73
    Full Bolt on LS1 > Stock 5.0 A6
    Stock LS1 < Stock 5.0 M6/A6
    Cam/Head LS1 > Stock 5.0 M6/A6

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by ssgtcarroll View Post
    CAI and Tune 5.0s are putting 390 to the ground and your telling me your lid/catback kicked its ass? Sure it was an 11 and not a 10?

I paid 30 even for mine.

O yea hey BlackSS knew I would find you here haha.

A C6Z will slap my car around like a lil bitch! Its different this time, haven't said anything negitive about the 5.0L
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Oh wow!!!! Now you guys are comparing modded cars to stock rental cars now.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Oh wow!!!! Now you guys are comparing modded cars to stock rental cars now.
    Read all the posts and didn't see where anyone was comparing modded vs rental cars

Post #8 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Post #8 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    That video was not a rental. The guy driving the 5.0L owns both cars. He just picked the 5.0 up and was getting use to it. He buddy was driving his Maro.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Hopefully there some out this weekend! I got me some new Hoosiers to test out.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Packy View Post
    Hopefully there some out this weekend! I got me some new Hoosiers to test out.
    Either car you drive......your raping them

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    That video was not a rental. The guy driving the 5.0L owns both cars. He just picked the 5.0 up and was getting use to it. He buddy was driving his Maro.
    Here just in case you missed it.

Sticks, the string pulling Puppet Master Extrordinaire' is gathering together quite the crowd for a saturday night stock car bash. Here is the potential list so far:
    '11 SS auto
    '11 GT 5.0 x 2 (identical rentals)
    Manny's WS6 (K&N + lid only)
    NiteriderWS6 (Lid w/paper filter, 3" cutout, catback)

The one 5.0 GT owner I was talking about who I knew could drive, let me drive his 5.0 GT. It actually is a rental! with 5k miles on it. Hard miles Im sure. Guy can drive, he's got a 12 second Nova, races on street mostly with some track, been around drag cars his whole life (his dad has some pro stock beast now).

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Either car you drive......your raping them
    Yeah but I just wanna see what they are like because of all the hype. I find them a better option then the 5th Gen Camarro.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Here just in case you missed it.
    I didn't click on the links because that wasn't us comparing, that was LS1tech. And it doesn't really matter if it is a rental because its still a 5.0L which is suppose to be nuts. Its like the C6 Hertz, its still a nuts car. Not comparing honda accord rentals vs LS1's.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Packy View Post
    Yeah but I just wanna see what they are like because of all the hype. I find them a better option then the 5th Gen Camarro.

I didn't click on the links because that wasn't us comparing, that was LS1tech. And it doesn't really matter if it is a rental because its still a 5.0L which is suppose to be nuts. Its like the C6 Hertz, its still a nuts car. Not comparing honda accord rentals vs LS1's.
    Yeah.

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

i'm a little confused, The last 5.0 discussion was the 5.0 would take a full bolt on LS1 no problems, now you guys are sayin a full bolt on ls1 would take a stock manual/auto. Make up your effin minds. I think people who raced a "5.0" are getting them confused with last years 4.6L model cuz I have yet to see one on the streets, remember guys the new one has the 5.0 badge instead of the GT badge.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird0230 View Post
    i'm a little confused, The last 5.0 discussion was the 5.0 would take a full bolt on LS1 no problems, now you guys are sayin a full bolt on ls1 would take a stock manual/auto. Make up your effin minds. I think people who raced a "5.0" are getting them confused with last years 4.6L model cuz I have yet to see one on the streets, remember guys the new one has the 5.0 badge instead of the GT badge.
    it isnt that...they know in most cases...it is the case of running into people that are not good drivers with their NEW cars yet..compared to a modded car that the driver has been driving for years. ..also not all 5.0s are running like raped apes...period..so someone might race a piss poor optioned 5.0 then make some big ass general statement about all of them.

BANGIN GEARS>STAB N STEER BLK2KSS's Avatar

TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird0230 View Post
    You may be right... I have seen many 2010 GTís with the "GT" on the side but I have only seen a 2011 GT with the "5.0" on the side twice. But seriously I think my SS can take one and itís just got bolt-onís for the time being. Well see though, I may be eating my words if I ever catch one while Iím in the SS and not the dam dd Camry like with the only 2 I have seen. I really want to get a race in before I do the extra mods that includes N2O that I have waiting in the garage.

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

FINALLY, found one in my car. i have mild cam/heads SFC 3"xpipe 3kstall stage 2 shift kit rear LCA 3.73 gears 26x10.5 ET streets with front runners. after the race i did not get the exact list of mods..seeing as he was kind of a d-bag flat billed hat cocked too the side g-unit kinda guy...all i get was "custom cat back exhaust" CAI tint and a comp cams custom cam(i thought they were OHC motors? lol) sounded lopey and mean. from a dig my car doesnt have enough of a stall so he got me until30 then i gracefully pass by him and stay ahead up too 120 which is end of my 3rd gear.

i put down 388 too the ground.

he said he has well over 500 too the axles yo'

not sure too the extent of his truth..thought id share my victory!..regardless of how unfair some people may think
    forgot too add, yes it was a 5.0 had the 5.0 badge ad engine bay looked NOTHING like 4.6
    Last edited by TmaxicanA; 08-03-2010 at 01:08 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information