Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Another stang story for LS1.com

So I'm sitting at a stop light and this Cobra passes across me, he looks right at me and racks it up to probably 4 grand. . .ohhhhhhhhh no he didn't. Light changes and I'm after him, he's sitting at the next light with a car beside him so I get behind him. It has to be a 99 since it doesn't say Cobra across the rear. Anyways, green he goes and moves over I get beside him and he jumps and I get after him. He's a 5-speed and I'm an auto so he got a little jump -and I'm not bringing him in. We see some cops chatting on the side of the road and cut it out and they don't come after us, whew. Anyways, we turn a corner and get on it again from about 20. We get off at the exact same time this time, side by side, no pulling from either of us. He shifts sloppy I get out of 2nd into third and put about a car length on him then shut down at about 120ish. It was a pretty quick Cobra, he had magnaflow, a K&N FIPK, and a shifter. I'm bone stock aside from loudmouth, but I do have 3.23s. I've gotta get programmed, that 2-3 shift feels like it's never gonna come when I get up to 5500

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Man we both need a stall...I never ran a cobra but I have a huge dead spot at around a 75 roll....nice kill BTW I just ordered random tech high flow cats and y-pipe...and a predator....gonna wait on the stall until I rebuild the tranny. The 20 roll you two went from is usually the sweet spot for our cars on a stock tune...is for mine anyway. You don't have a lid or any free mods?

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

nothing but loudmouth. I havn't had this car for long, not even a month. I had the '97 LT1 M6 for 5 years and had trouble going LS1. I'm gonna get a predator, I need to look into it soon, and I have a clear lid on the way, I'll go K&N when it gets here. Other than that, I'm probably gonna leave it alone

baconmach
    decent...i gotta ask ya ive driven both your cars..in a sence,,,97ss 6spd and ls1 ws6 auto and to be completly honest...the 6spd lt1 felt quicker....i dunno why...both were stock and the 6spd always felt quicker......am i losing my mind here......the 6spd put down 273@the rollers too...the autos were never dynoed...?????

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    nothing but loudmouth. I havn't had this car for long, not even a month. I had the '97 LT1 M6 for 5 years and had trouble going LS1. I'm gonna get a predator, I need to look into it soon, and I have a clear lid on the way, I'll go K&N when it gets here. Other than that, I'm probably gonna leave it alone
    The predator is kinda pricey but seems like a good deal...hope it is cause they already charged me. The thing that sold me was the unlimited custom tunes from RWTD...which is pretty cool...just have to hook it to a computer and post the factory tune on their forum with your mods.

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by baconmach
    decent...i gotta ask ya ive driven both your cars..in a sence,,,97ss 6spd and ls1 ws6 auto and to be completly honest...the 6spd lt1 felt quicker....i dunno why...both were stock and the 6spd always felt quicker......am i losing my mind here......the 6spd put down 273@the rollers too...the autos were never dynoed...?????
    My '97 M6 never lost to an LS1, don't say that too loud around here cause it will stir up some crazy shit. They don't put down the numbers on the dyno, but they hold their own on the road. I would say without a doubt that my LT1 would have beat the 99 I have now

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Are we the only two on here at night? We are the only ones old enough to stay up late but not so old that we have to hit the sack by 8pm. . .? lol

baconmach
    i finally realized who ya were...lol the cobra was stock any mustang u run thats even close has to be modded or running nitrous or has 2 turbos lmao.......ur an auto stock ls1.......a stock 99 00 01 cobra would be a decent race.....ud be beat good by a mach ud be beat good by an 03 + snake and ud only beat a gt.......just the facts mam just the facts lolol

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

get your facts outta here, I raced a cobra, I beat a cobra, I gave it credit for being a good race those are the facts. I don't give a shit about an 03 or 04 cobra, I've never been beat by a mach one in either of my Zs and I've raced plenty, you drive a mach and you're cocky bottom line, go talk big to your stang brothers, I didn't talk any shit on mustangs so don't start this crap in my thread there's enough of that going around elsewhere

baconmach
    you were talkn a mountain of crap.......oohhhhh i have a stock auto and a mach has NEVER COME CLOSE TO ME!!!!and your sayong im cocky.........id love to see u on the road an crush ur little 346 dreams

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

you were talkn a mountain of crap.......oohhhhh i have a stock auto and a mach has NEVER COME CLOSE TO ME!!!!and your sayong im cocky.........id love to see u on the road an crush ur little 346 dreams
    Where's that at up there?. . .I didn't think so. If we're talking about something else in different thread and my other car in a different thread don't bring it in here. There is NO crap talk goin on in my story, none. Seriously, this mustang camaro shit you're talkin is old, we aren't 16. Can we not have one thread that this doesn't get started in

silver
    2000 Audi S4

I agree with you z_driver. This guy is also talkin smack about my post "first kills with the SS" Look I used to be a huge mustang fanatic and I still like them but now I have an 01 SS and I love that car also. The closest track to my home is only 1/8th mile but I still love to go as I go just to have fun. When I had my mustang I was only puttin down 230 hp and 287 lb.ft. at the tires but on street tires at the track pulled a best 60' time of 1.89 seconds. I don't think thats to shabby but my SS is completly stock and is an a4, it doesnt come out of the hole like the mustang did but it is a hell of alot faster. I have respect for mustangs and the Mach 1 is a cool car but it is not God's gift to the performance auto world, with that said I will also admit that niether is the LS1. The whole reason that I bought the LS1 car is that I am very impressed with how much power that can be made from such simple mods.

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Yeah I posted in there and he's talking about my post in your thread over here. I just told my race story and gave the cobra credit, and that's all this needs to be. If this turns into another gay mustang vs camaro bullcrap thread I'm gonna ask a mod to shut it down.

baconmach
    wtf you suck hahah......i not gonna say it again...i love fbodies.....i bet u i know far more about them then youll ever know!........i was changing opti sparks left and right before you even knew you wanted to trade your civic up for a camaro..........

and you all say mustangs suck when the only ones you alll ever owned were the worst of them........ohhh whaaaaa my 95 gt sucked....hmmm i wonder why...dummy.....you couldnt have bought a better year?? its always oh i had one of the 94-98s they sucked...no shit........have you ever driven a 3rd gen!!! i had and 84 z28 quadrabog pos you wanna talk slow my zx3 focus would have been a fair race....

the 80s fbodies all sucked!!! no one ever mentions that!!...

baconmach
    and i would call bs on your little kills if it wasnt soo obvious.....u in the ss i think it was u who has the 8urpony license plate and you have like a bone stock auto and u said u beat an 03 cobra...........i mean wtf.....290rwhp at best killls 370rwhp..........oh ya im the liar lol

ls1BrownBoots
    and i would call bs on your little kills if it wasnt soo obvious.....u in the ss i think it was u who has the 8urpony license plate and you have like a bone stock auto and u said u beat an 03 cobra...........i mean wtf.....290rwhp at best killls 370rwhp..........oh ya im the liar lol
    I think he said it was a 99 cobra, not an 03. A 99 cobra against an LS1 is a good race. A Mach 1 is also a good race. LS1s got more balls, but mustangs are lighter and come with better gears from the factory. Edge:mustang! An 03cobra is cleaning shop though. Shit man them things are just beasts and thats all there is too it. But i'll tell you what, my 2000 trans am ws6 still looks better then that stealth bomber going down the road.

ls1BrownBoots
    wtf you suck hahah......i not gonna say it again...i love fbodies.....i bet u i know far more about them then youll ever know!........i was changing opti sparks left and right before you even knew you wanted to trade your civic up for a camaro..........

and you all say mustangs suck when the only ones you alll ever owned were the worst of them........ohhh whaaaaa my 95 gt sucked....hmmm i wonder why...dummy.....you couldnt have bought a better year?? its always oh i had one of the 94-98s they sucked...no shit........have you ever driven a 3rd gen!!! i had and 84 z28 quadrabog pos you wanna talk slow my zx3 focus would have been a fair race....

no argument here, all the F-body's up to the LT1 were a joke. I saw an IROC Camaro get smoked by a pos 4 banger volkswagon GTi from the same year.

No doubt mustangs were kings of the road in the 80's and very early 90's. Hell even the vetts were slow. GM's only bad boy was the Buick grand national and mustang guys did fear them, but they were rare to see.

A note though, watch out for the ultra rare, but fast T-Types. Buick grand national motor and turbo in a buick regal, or a T-Type trans am. that was chompin a mustangs, but again very very rare and only made up to 1987 i believe.

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

What the hell are you still talking about the other thread for? This thread has nothing to do with an 03 Cobra or your invincible Mach 1. If you are talkin shit in another thread keep it there. What does this have to do with 80s f-bodies, what the hell does it have to do with 370 rwhp to 290rwhp? what does it have to do with a 95 gt? what does it have to do with any of that shit. Go the fuck back to your other thread and talk shit. NOBODY IN THIS THREAD TALKED ANY SHIT ON A STANG so keep your shit talk to yourself adn stop bringing up shit that doesn't fuckin matter. You know more about f-bodies than me? You don't fuckin know me you piece of shit, I have had f-bodies since 99. You are standing there talkin about how much you know then saying how much more bad ass a mach 1 is than an LS1? This thread ain't here for your bullshit mustang camaro argument, no one started that over here but you
    Last edited by oneBADDz; 01-08-2006 at 11:45 AM.

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

I shouldn't have even replied to any of that, I really hope they'll close this thread. I don't understand why no one can just have a discussion around here

NBM
    '00 Z28

I can only hope that a mod reads what this bacon dude is writing. He's been on the site for 17 posts, and not one of them has been anything but negitive crap.

BACON, GROW UP.

Thread Information