Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Another One Bites The Dust

This is a discussion on Another One Bites The Dust within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Why is it all the time when Iam out other camaros or trans am want to race. I havent had ...

  1. #1
    EVIL-LS1 EVIL-LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fredericksburg,Virginia
    Age
    34
    Posts
    345

    RED
    2002/Z28

    Another One Bites The Dust

    Why is it all the time when Iam out other camaros or trans am want to race. I havent had any mustangs or imports want to try. Tonight a Black Z28 got beside and we did it from a 30-35MPH roll I wanted to do from a dig but when we cought a redlight he didnt want to get on till 30-35mph. When it down shifted my car spun then hit 2nd and hooked then I started to pull. Then by 3rd I was a good car n half to 2 cars ahead. This was around 85-90 mph. So I let off for It wouldnt be to bad. Iam 3-0 with cars and Iam 2-0 with Harleys.

  2. #2
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Bad97Ram View Post
    Why is it all the time when Iam out other camaros or trans am want to race. I havent had any mustangs or imports want to try. Tonight a Black Z28 got beside and we did it from a 30-35MPH roll I wanted to do from a dig but when we cought a redlight he didnt want to get on till 30-35mph. When it down shifted my car spun then hit 2nd and hooked then I started to pull. Then by 3rd I was a good car n half to 2 cars ahead. This was around 85-90 mph. So I let off for It wouldnt be to bad. Iam 3-0 with cars and Iam 2-0 with Harleys.
    nice kill, whats your mods, and id just love to have someone to race with down here theres nobody.. and i came from dfw where i would go to the street races ever sat. night
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

    *SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

  3. #3
    EVIL-LS1 EVIL-LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fredericksburg,Virginia
    Age
    34
    Posts
    345

    RED
    2002/Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    nice kill, whats your mods, and id just love to have someone to race with down here theres nobody.. and i came from dfw where i would go to the street races ever sat. night
    My mods are SLP Lid,K&N Airfilter,Delphi 85mm MAF,Smooth Bellows,Throttle Body Bypass,SLP Y,SLP Loudmouth 1.

    Future Mods...

    Hypertech 160,MT Drag Radials<<<I have but not installed),373 Gears, Year or so down the road Longtube headers,ORY, 3500-3600 Stall...

  4. #4
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Bad97Ram View Post
    My mods are SLP Lid,K&N Airfilter,Delphi 85mm MAF,Smooth Bellows,Throttle Body Bypass,SLP Y,SLP Loudmouth 1.

    Future Mods...

    Hypertech 160,MT Drag Radials<<<I have but not installed),373 Gears, Year or so down the road Longtube headers,ORY, 3500-3600 Stall...
    awesome with the stall and gears and dr's youll be haulin ass.

  5. #5
    EVIL-LS1 EVIL-LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fredericksburg,Virginia
    Age
    34
    Posts
    345

    RED
    2002/Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    awesome with the stall and gears and dr's youll be haulin ass.
    Iam hoping But a stall and Longetube headers are gonna be a year or 2 down the road.

  6. #6
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Bad97Ram View Post
    Iam hoping But a stall and Longetube headers are gonna be a year or 2 down the road.
    how come you wanna wait so long?

  7. #7
    EVIL-LS1 EVIL-LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fredericksburg,Virginia
    Age
    34
    Posts
    345

    RED
    2002/Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    how come you wanna wait so long?
    Some people arn't made of money and I just got this car and I have only made 1 payment on it so far..Unless I could find a deal on a set of used Longtubes,ORY,Stall. Then I would have to have money for a tune also. Iam doing a little at a time. Iam self employed and work is slow.

  8. #8
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Bad97Ram View Post
    Some people arn't made of money and I just got this car and I have only made 1 payment on it so far..Unless I could find a deal on a set of used Longtubes,ORY,Stall. Then I would have to have money for a tune also. Iam doing a little at a time. Iam self employed and work is slow.
    well i hope everything speeds up for you, im broke too, i bust my ass everyday just to make enough to take care of me and my fiance and our home.. no money for my car or anything else for that matter, only money i get to spend on the car is if i find an odd job somewhere to do.. im still makin payments on my t/a too.

  9. #9
    EVIL-LS1 EVIL-LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fredericksburg,Virginia
    Age
    34
    Posts
    345

    RED
    2002/Z28

    I hope it speeds up to. 373 gears,160 thermostat and a tune is my next mods. I say a year or 2 but it might be sooner. Iam hoping to run high 7s with stock internals. My best time so far is 8.70@83.86 without the SLP Y,SLP Loudmouth 1. I havent had a chance to take it back to the track. With the exhaust it feels alot better and my accleration is better to.

    My car was bone stock when I got it. I wanted to find a low miles unmoded car.

  10. #10
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Bad97Ram View Post
    I hope it speeds up to. 373 gears,160 thermostat and a tune is my next mods. I say a year or 2 but it might be sooner. Iam hoping to run high 7s with stock internals. My best time so far is 8.70@83.86 without the SLP Y,SLP Loudmouth 1. I havent had a chance to take it back to the track. With the exhaust it feels alot better and my accleration is better to.

    My car was bone stock when I got it. I wanted to find a low miles unmoded car.
    i dont see why you couldnt see high 7's espcially with the dr's.. without them idk tho lol

  11. #11
    EVIL-LS1 EVIL-LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fredericksburg,Virginia
    Age
    34
    Posts
    345

    RED
    2002/Z28

    With the mods I have without the exhaust I have been 8.70@83.86. How much should the Y-Catback should help me. I now gears should help me .3 how much should DR's help and a tune.

    Y-Catback--8.5s
    Gears/DR's/Tune--8.1s-8.2s.
    Stall-------------7.6s-7.7s
    Iam I in the right ball park what I should run..
    Last edited by EVIL-LS1; 11-08-2009 at 08:32 PM.

  12. #12
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Bad97Ram View Post
    With the mods I have without the exhaust I have been 8.70@83.86. How much should the Y-Catback should help me. I now gears should help me .3 how much should DR's help and a tune.

    Y-Catback--8.5s
    Gears/DR's/Tune--8.1s-8.2s.
    Stall-------------7.6s-7.9s
    Iam I in the right ball park what I should run..
    it all depends on the launch, with y-catback you will more than likely see faster than 8.5 with a good launch. with gears and a tune and dr's i personally think you will see 7's then and then with the stall and a great launch i say 7.3-7.5..

  13. #13
    EVIL-LS1 EVIL-LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fredericksburg,Virginia
    Age
    34
    Posts
    345

    RED
    2002/Z28

    Thats even better. Iam getting 1.9-2.0 60ft right now.I leave off Idel. I might take it one more time before they close to see what it does with the y-catback. But I might wait till spring. Then I will have 373s and a tune for the 373s and my mods.
    Last edited by EVIL-LS1; 11-08-2009 at 08:45 PM.

  14. #14
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Bad97Ram View Post
    Thats even better. Iam getting 1.9-2.0 60ft right now.I leave off Idel. I might take it one more time before they close to see what it does with the y-catback. But I might wait till spring. Then I will have 373s and a tune for the 373s and my mods.
    dang, you DEFF. could run wayyyy faster, a stall alone is supposed to take off .5

  15. #15
    EVIL-LS1 EVIL-LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fredericksburg,Virginia
    Age
    34
    Posts
    345

    RED
    2002/Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    dang, you DEFF. could run wayyyy faster, a stall alone is supposed to take off .5
    Ya thats what I have read and seen a stall can take off .5 if the car can hook.

  16. #16
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Bad97Ram View Post
    Ya thats what I have read and seen a stall can take off .5 if the car can hook.
    well, either way your car is quick already for an auto. i think youll be greatly suprised when you get all that stuff done. its gonna wake up real nice

  17. #17
    EVIL-LS1 EVIL-LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fredericksburg,Virginia
    Age
    34
    Posts
    345

    RED
    2002/Z28

    Thanks, I now the y-catback help it alot. Everone I talk to say LS1 do awesome with just bolt on mods. I only have 273 gears right now.

  18. #18
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Bad97Ram View Post
    Thanks, I now the y-catback help it alot. Everone I talk to say LS1 do awesome with just bolt on mods. I only have 273 gears right now.
    DANG! gonna be a huge jump from 2.73 to 3.73s i felt a huge jump from 3.42s to 4.10s

  19. #19
    EVIL-LS1 EVIL-LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fredericksburg,Virginia
    Age
    34
    Posts
    345

    RED
    2002/Z28

    Ya I now everyone I talk to say go 373s if you have a auto and 410s if a 6speed. People are saying Iam gonna spin. But I will be riding with M/T Drag Radials next year. I already have them I just need to find 17" wheels for the back.

  20. #20
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Bad97Ram View Post
    Ya I now everyone I talk to say go 373s if you have a auto and 410s if a 6speed. People are saying Iam gonna spin. But I will be riding with M/T Drag Radials next year. I already have them I just need to find 17" wheels for the back.
    You better hope you don't hook too good or you'll be picking up your 10-bolt off the ground...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Another one bites the dust!
    By OreoLt1 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 08:06 AM
  2. Another one bites the dust
    By uLs1a in forum Western Members
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-27-2008, 01:44 PM
  3. Another one bites the dust.
    By JwMonE99 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2008, 10:59 AM
  4. Another one bites the dust
    By Frankthetank in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-29-2007, 12:06 AM
  5. Another one bites the dust
    By Mr. CarelessAndImprudent in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-21-2006, 10:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •