Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49

Another Cobra gets pounded by a Honda

This is a discussion on Another Cobra gets pounded by a Honda within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Black R/A I can't really argue with those numbers. .245 is pretty good. but right off the ...

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    CT
    Age
    63
    Posts
    59

    black
    2000 camaro ss+ 1987 GN

    Quote Originally Posted by Black R/A
    I can't really argue with those numbers. .245 is pretty good. but right off the bat he's .1 ahead. Seemed like he had better traction, but in the end he's up there on HP too with 116.3. Yup, with enough boost you can make a pig fly.
    True but an LS1 with mods to run 11s will stay together more then a few months.

  2. #22
    Member jacobyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    42
    Posts
    295

    Impulse Blue Matallic
    2005 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman
    Because its a cheap, unattractive, crappy-ass economy car. It doesn't matter how fast it is, a fast piece of shit is still a piece of shit.

    I have respect for fast cars that are actually nice, anyone can get a Civic hatch from the junkyard and rice it out
    It's funny that you say this. I just checked the Kelly Blue Book prices on a 1999 Honda Civic Si and a 1999 Trans Am. The Trans Am that at one time cost about $28K is now only worth about $12,500. The same year Honda Civic that at one time had an MSRP of $16K is now valued at $12,235. Hmmm. Wanna talk about cheapness and compare interiors of the two cars? How about reliability records?

    ANd there are some people that think that the Trans Am is as gaudy as it gets. The instant interior rattles after you drive it off the lot, that fantastic solid rear axel that some would say was out-dated about 20 years ago, all that storage room you have in the trunk, etc...See how easy it is to rip on cars by ignoring what they accomplish and just pointing out opionion based tripe?

    Your attitude is exactly what I don't understand. Would you describe yourself as a car enthusiast? I hope not.

  3. #23
    Ole Skool Shoyoas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Maricopa, AZ
    Age
    47
    Posts
    37

    Black
    Camaro A4

    Good Answer

    A car enthusiast appreciates fast well put together vehicles whether it be a vette or a bettle, a rig with a jet engine or a zx10

  4. #24
    Ole Skool Shoyoas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Maricopa, AZ
    Age
    47
    Posts
    37

    Black
    Camaro A4

    besides, black r/a is just being black r/a.

  5. #25
    Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,097

    Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

    Quote Originally Posted by jacobyb
    It's funny that you say this. I just checked the Kelly Blue Book prices on a 1999 Honda Civic Si and a 1999 Trans Am. The Trans Am that at one time cost about $28K is now only worth about $12,500. The same year Honda Civic that at one time had an MSRP of $16K is now valued at $12,235. Hmmm. Wanna talk about cheapness and compare interiors of the two cars? How about reliability records?

    ANd there are some people that think that the Trans Am is as gaudy as it gets. The instant interior rattles after you drive it off the lot, that fantastic solid rear axel that some would say was out-dated about 20 years ago, all that storage room you have in the trunk, etc...See how easy it is to rip on cars by ignoring what they accomplish and just pointing out opionion based tripe?

    Your attitude is exactly what I don't understand. Would you describe yourself as a car enthusiast? I hope not.
    Just to argue the other side of that one main reason for the retainment in value for cars such as the honda civic is yes reliability there is no denying that but also fuel economy. People would rather buy a little econo box in times with gas is 3$ per gallon which is why the T/A and Camaro are no longer built. Now as for the solid rear axel.. Most people claim that one of the worst things on the newer mustangs are the independant rear end. Also you are driving a car with the also "outdated" pushrod engine. Sometimes old fashioned just means perfected technology. Now lets use my car as an example. I have never had one mechanical failure in my car which has 105,000 miles on it and it can run 11's on the bottle all day long. It has sprayed 30 lbs of nitrous on a 150 shot and about 70 lbs on a 100 shot and the car runs every bit as good as it did 2 years ago when I bought it at 85,000 miles. Now you take a completly stock internals civic that can run 11s all day with 105,000 miles on it and see where the reliability is then. So just before you talk about reliability with an LS1 guy you go ahead and look at its track records and find out how many people here have WELL over 100,000 miles.

  6. #26
    SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lost in Texas
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,683

    Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

    Quote Originally Posted by jacobyb
    It's funny that you say this. I just checked the Kelly Blue Book prices on a 1999 Honda Civic Si and a 1999 Trans Am. The Trans Am that at one time cost about $28K is now only worth about $12,500. The same year Honda Civic that at one time had an MSRP of $16K is now valued at $12,235. Hmmm. Wanna talk about cheapness and compare interiors of the two cars? How about reliability records?

    ANd there are some people that think that the Trans Am is as gaudy as it gets. The instant interior rattles after you drive it off the lot, that fantastic solid rear axel that some would say was out-dated about 20 years ago, all that storage room you have in the trunk, etc...See how easy it is to rip on cars by ignoring what they accomplish and just pointing out opionion based tripe?

    Your attitude is exactly what I don't understand. Would you describe yourself as a car enthusiast? I hope not.
    funny, cause the t/a sells for over book value and the civic sells for under book.

  7. #27
    expensive tires az gt eater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    phoenix
    Posts
    1,951

    white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

    It's too bad you weren't willing to pay 28k for a Honda in 1999, some dealership would have taken your money I bet. Oh, that's right, they weren't worth 28k. I almost forgot.And never will be.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Street Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Old Bridge "Raceway Park" N.J.
    Posts
    1,249
    2009 Corvette ZO6

    Quote Originally Posted by jacobyb
    ...that fantastic solid rear axel that some would say was out-dated about 20 years ago.
    Some of those 20-30 year old "out dated" solid rear axle muscle cars are worth more than you can ever imagine, and yes, those car's were horrible in handling, horrible in gas mileage... and even more so in comfort. It was all about image.

    Quote Originally Posted by jacobyb
    I just checked the Kelly Blue Book prices on a 1999 Honda Civic Si and a 1999 Trans Am. The Trans Am that at one time cost about $28K is now only worth about $12,500. The same year Honda Civic that at one time had an MSRP of $16K is now valued at $12,235. Hmmm. Wanna talk about cheapness and compare interiors of the two cars?
    Comparing the Blue Book value of a seven year old Trans Am, with a seven year old Honda Civic, is silly. Try that same 1999 analogy thirty years from now....
    Last edited by Street Lethal; 05-28-2006 at 07:23 AM.

  9. #29
    Member jacobyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    42
    Posts
    295

    Impulse Blue Matallic
    2005 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz
    funny, cause the t/a sells for over book value and the civic sells for under book.
    Incorrect. both of the cars linked here are well over blue book and have remained steady over blue book for several years.

    http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=en&cardist=69

    http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=en&cardist=49

  10. #30
    Member jacobyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    42
    Posts
    295

    Impulse Blue Matallic
    2005 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal
    Some of those 20-30 year old "out dated" solid rear axle muscle cars are worth more than you can ever imagine, and yes, those car's were horrible in handling, horrible in gas mileage... and even more so in comfort. It was all about image.
    You are missing the pint of what I said. I know that they are valued high and that the muscle car has a very exclusive market at the moment demanding massive prices. However, we are not talking about 20-30 year old cars. We are talking about a guy that made some ignorant comments about imports.

    Comparing the Blue Book value of a seven year old Trans Am, with a seven year old Honda Civic, is silly. Try that same 1999 analogy thirty years from now....
    hard to say. Why? because the Civic/Integra/Eclipse, etc are the cars that 30 years from now, the kids that are 16-20 and buying the cars now are going to feel nostalgic about. Not the F-body. Obviously they will always have their place, but as an example, my 65 year old father thinks that the old muscle cars lost their way when comparred to the old hot rods he used to build in the 50's and early 60's. See what I mean? What you remember as hot cars that helped mold the future of the automotive world is not what kids 20 years later are going to remember.

  11. #31
    Member jacobyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    42
    Posts
    295

    Impulse Blue Matallic
    2005 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by juiced99ws6
    Just to argue the other side of that one main reason for the retainment in value for cars such as the honda civic is yes reliability there is no denying that but also fuel economy. People would rather buy a little econo box in times with gas is 3$ per gallon which is why the T/A and Camaro are no longer built. Now as for the solid rear axel.. Most people claim that one of the worst things on the newer mustangs are the independant rear end. Also you are driving a car with the also "outdated" pushrod engine. Sometimes old fashioned just means perfected technology. Now lets use my car as an example. I have never had one mechanical failure in my car which has 105,000 miles on it and it can run 11's on the bottle all day long. It has sprayed 30 lbs of nitrous on a 150 shot and about 70 lbs on a 100 shot and the car runs every bit as good as it did 2 years ago when I bought it at 85,000 miles. Now you take a completly stock internals civic that can run 11s all day with 105,000 miles on it and see where the reliability is then. So just before you talk about reliability with an LS1 guy you go ahead and look at its track records and find out how many people here have WELL over 100,000 miles.
    There is more to it then their MPG numbers and their reliability. It is their build quality and the fact that there is a multi-billion dollar tunning market associated with them right now. The only car manufacturers in the United States that has a higher re-sale than Honda is Mercedes and Lexus.

    The price of fuel has nothing to do with why the T/A and Camaro are no longer built. It was because they were not selling well enough to continue building them. GM decided to use the assembly capacity for vehicles that had a larger return. SUV's. If your logic were true, why are cars like the Mustang, Charger/300C, etc stillbeing sold and selling extremely well? The Mustang was out-selling the F-bodies by 3 to 1.

    The newer Mustangs are still solid axel. The Cobra had IRS.

    The "outdated" pushrod engine is infact a newer design than OHC engines.

    If we are going to have a pissing contest about who's car is easier to build on stock internals, obviously a vehicle with 8 slugs is going to have more potential. HOWEVER, hp per displacement, the LS engines lose. BIG. For example, the last Honda I had was a 1995 Integra GSR. Stock it is a 1.8L with 170hp and 128lb/ft. It ran a 15.1 1/4 stock. Not at all fast, but not bad considering.

    When I got rid of the car it had 177K miles. It was outfitted with a Turbonetics T3/T4 Hybrid ball bearing turbo with all the bolt-on's for the kit on stock internals. It was pushing about 12psi of boost that gave it about 330whp. ALmost a 100% increase in power. It still returned 33mpg on the freeway and the kit was on the car for 109K miles. In fact, the turbo had been on the car for so long that it was getting ready to let go. It was in need of a rebuild. The engine ran just like the day I bought it. I never raced it in the 1/4 but cars with simular set-ups were turning mid to low 12's on street tires. And it turned 8200rpm's. The Civic I had before that was not stock inside, but the Civic I had before that was. It was a 1.6L and I was squeezing a 75shot of nitrous on that. It turned a 13.3 1/4 on 17" wheels and tires that were not designed for drag racing by any stretch of the imagination. I sold the car with 200K miles and it was still driving like the day I bought it with 29K miles. this just shows the ignorance of imports. You think, small engine=unreliable when pushed. Not true.

    You are missing the point of my post. Instead of trying to comprehend what I was saying, you are getting defensive.

    Again. My point is not to berate T/A's or Camaro's or any other car. I fully understand their performance potential and just how "deadly" they can be on the street. I am trying to understand why people that claim to be car enthusiasts would continually make fun of cars that they have little or no understanding of even after they see a video of one taking down an American V8 car. Maybe I am a rare entity that was lucky enough to live in both the world of American large displacement V8's and also imported small displacement 4cyls. I just don't understand why some people here would think that their car that consistantly recieved lower then average ratings by companies like JD Power, Consumer reports, etc would talk head about cars that are on the other end of the spectrum in that matter. I like anything that is fast especially when it takes some serious imagination to get the vehicle to go fast.

  12. #32
    SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lost in Texas
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,683

    Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

    Quote Originally Posted by jacobyb
    There is more to it then their MPG numbers and their reliability. It is their build quality and the fact that there is a multi-billion dollar tunning market associated with them right now. The only car manufacturers in the United States that has a higher re-sale than Honda is Mercedes and Lexus.

    The price of fuel has nothing to do with why the T/A and Camaro are no longer built. It was because they were not selling well enough to continue building them. GM decided to use the assembly capacity for vehicles that had a larger return. SUV's. If your logic were true, why are cars like the Mustang, Charger/300C, etc stillbeing sold and selling extremely well? The Mustang was out-selling the F-bodies by 3 to 1.

    The newer Mustangs are still solid axel. The Cobra had IRS.

    The "outdated" pushrod engine is infact a newer design than OHC engines.

    If we are going to have a pissing contest about who's car is easier to build on stock internals, obviously a vehicle with 8 slugs is going to have more potential. HOWEVER, hp per displacement, the LS engines lose. BIG. For example, the last Honda I had was a 1995 Integra GSR. Stock it is a 1.8L with 170hp and 128lb/ft. It ran a 15.1 1/4 stock. Not at all fast, but not bad considering.

    When I got rid of the car it had 177K miles. It was outfitted with a Turbonetics T3/T4 Hybrid ball bearing turbo with all the bolt-on's for the kit on stock internals. It was pushing about 12psi of boost that gave it about 330whp. ALmost a 100% increase in power. It still returned 33mpg on the freeway and the kit was on the car for 109K miles. In fact, the turbo had been on the car for so long that it was getting ready to let go. It was in need of a rebuild. The engine ran just like the day I bought it. I never raced it in the 1/4 but cars with simular set-ups were turning mid to low 12's on street tires. And it turned 8200rpm's. The Civic I had before that was not stock inside, but the Civic I had before that was. It was a 1.6L and I was squeezing a 75shot of nitrous on that. It turned a 13.3 1/4 on 17" wheels and tires that were not designed for drag racing by any stretch of the imagination. I sold the car with 200K miles and it was still driving like the day I bought it with 29K miles. this just shows the ignorance of imports. You think, small engine=unreliable when pushed. Not true.

    You are missing the point of my post. Instead of trying to comprehend what I was saying, you are getting defensive.

    Again. My point is not to berate T/A's or Camaro's or any other car. I fully understand their performance potential and just how "deadly" they can be on the street. I am trying to understand why people that claim to be car enthusiasts would continually make fun of cars that they have little or no understanding of even after they see a video of one taking down an American V8 car. Maybe I am a rare entity that was lucky enough to live in both the world of American large displacement V8's and also imported small displacement 4cyls. I just don't understand why some people here would think that their car that consistantly recieved lower then average ratings by companies like JD Power, Consumer reports, etc would talk head about cars that are on the other end of the spectrum in that matter. I like anything that is fast especially when it takes some serious imagination to get the vehicle to go fast.
    So you think they're bad because they can do with a turbo what we can do N/A? Good point? Bottom line is that regardless of % of original value, they are selling for under book, while T/As are selling significantly for over book value.-which ones do people really want? Only a person who isn't near as experienced as you claim calls a solid axel "outdated." IRS has it's purpose and a solid axel has it's purpose. In a RWD car making good power IRS is for the birds. The cobra were getting IRS like you stated, and terminator cobra owners are changing them out for solid axels

  13. #33
    Senior Member Street Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Old Bridge "Raceway Park" N.J.
    Posts
    1,249
    2009 Corvette ZO6

    Quote Originally Posted by jacobyb
    You are missing the pint of what I said. I know that they are valued high and that the muscle car has a very exclusive market at the moment demanding massive prices.
    At the moment? Heh, maybe it really does pay to dream. Maybe one day, when the American Muscle car demand isn't so high, I'll be able to afford an all original Hemi powered Cuda'.... whaddya think? Not.

    Quote Originally Posted by jacobyb
    However, we are not talking about 20-30 year old cars. We are talking about a guy that made some ignorant comments about imports.
    Well, personally. I have nothing against imports. But come on now, you're on an LS1 website. What do you expect?

    Quote Originally Posted by jacobyb
    ...the Civic/Integra/Eclipse, etc are the cars that 30 years from now, the kids that are 16-20 and buying the cars now are going to feel nostalgic about.
    True, but you're forgetting that there was in fact a growing market for the earlier Datsun 240's. Plenty of people feel nostalgic about these cars, today. However, here (in the United States), there will always be more in numbers favoring our cars... regardless how hard these opportunists (referring to Hollywood) try to prove otherwise.

    Quote Originally Posted by jacobyb
    ...but as an example, my 65 year old father thinks that the old muscle cars lost their way when comparred to the old hot rods he used to build in the 50's and early 60's. See what I mean?
    I see what you're saying, but to the average muscle car enthusiast... those cars (Hot Rods & Muscle Cars) are one and the same. There would be no muscle car, without the earlier street rod (this is how Edelbrock's father started). Tradition, tradition, tradition! This is what it's all about.

    I've driven Supra-TT's, I've driven RX7-TT's, Evo's, STI's, you name it... chances are I at least drove it. All of these car's are awesome, the Japanese have done well for themselves.... but in an American economy, such car's shouldn't book value for more than our own. See what I mean?

    Quote Originally Posted by jacobyb
    What you remember as hot cars that helped mold the future of the automotive world is not what kids 20 years later are going to remember.
    How can you say that? Allow me to quote you're response to another; "Your attitude is exactly what I don't understand. Would you describe yourself as a car enthusiast? I hope not". Well, I hope you wouldn't describe yourself as a true car enthusiast either, Jacob. I'm twenty nine years old, and as a "true" car enthusiast, I made it a point of remembering what was accomplished throughout the last sixty years of our American automotive history (regardless if I agreed with it or not).

  14. #34
    member toneloc60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    currently, a tent in Iraq
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,147

    NBM
    '00 Z28

    Honda makes a great car. There is no question about that. I would love to own one, for a daily driver. For my fun car, I'll keep my Z28.

  15. #35
    '03 Mach 1
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    PA
    Age
    51
    Posts
    74

    Grey
    2003 Mach 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Black R/A
    He needs a supercharger too.
    I see you haven't changed a bit R/A...

    ... I really enjoy crushing folks like you at my local 1/4-mile track...

  16. #36
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by jacobyb View Post
    It's funny that you say this. I just checked the Kelly Blue Book prices on a 1999 Honda Civic Si and a 1999 Trans Am. The Trans Am that at one time cost about $28K is now only worth about $12,500. The same year Honda Civic that at one time had an MSRP of $16K is now valued at $12,235. Hmmm. Wanna talk about cheapness and compare interiors of the two cars? How about reliability records?

    ANd there are some people that think that the Trans Am is as gaudy as it gets. The instant interior rattles after you drive it off the lot, that fantastic solid rear axel that some would say was out-dated about 20 years ago, all that storage room you have in the trunk, etc...See how easy it is to rip on cars by ignoring what they accomplish and just pointing out opionion based tripe?

    Your attitude is exactly what I don't understand. Would you describe yourself as a car enthusiast? I hope not.
    First off, I don't give two shits about the retail value of a Honda Civic Si. The only reason it has held its value so well is because they are in demand, every ricer and his brother wants a Civic Si. Its also a Honda, so people automatically assume it will be super reliable (often not the case), and therefore the value also stays up.

    You say you want to talk about cheapness?? Honda Civic interiors is about as basic as they get. You act like we're comparing a Yugo to an Audi here. The Trans Am interior looks much nicer, even if the quality of the plastics isn't stellar. Mine has zero creeks or rattles, I guess its just you.

    People who think the Trans Am is "gaudy" are most likely stupid ricers like yourself. The Trans Am is one of the meanest looking cars on the road, the styling is aggressive, not "gaudy". I've never heard anyone say that before that wasn't an import loving toolshed.

    And then you have the audacity to say a solid rear axle is bad?? Do you have any clue about cars whatsoever?? A solid axle is the best thing you can have for drag racing, it doesn't get wheelhop, and with the right differential they are nearly indestructible. I suppose you think a torque steering front wheel drive piece of crap is somehow superior, though

    And lastly, you're damn right I consider myself a car enthusiast. Who says car enthusiasts have to like every car ever built?? I love cars, just not stupid FWD economy car rice mobiles with 88 ft/lbs of torque

  17. #37
    Senior Member Street Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Old Bridge "Raceway Park" N.J.
    Posts
    1,249
    2009 Corvette ZO6

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman
    I love cars, just not stupid FWD economy car rice mobiles with 88 ft/lbs of torque
    Now now Wesman, you should know by now that the "stickers" found on most Honda's alone add about fifty horsepower each, to make up for it's lack of earth wobbling torque...

  18. #38
    Senior Member Street Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Old Bridge "Raceway Park" N.J.
    Posts
    1,249
    2009 Corvette ZO6

    Quote Originally Posted by jacobyb
    The price of fuel has nothing to do with why the T/A and Camaro are no longer built. It was because they were not selling well enough to continue building them.
    Wanted to comment on this. This automatically doesn't mean that the F-Body had any type of designing flaw, nor is it a reason to justify such an arguement that the Honda is better. The F-Body was always meant to rival the Mustang, but being that it's price was out of many younger enthusiast's range, while always being but a tad under the Corvette's, it's honestly no question why GM had trouble selling them. You also must remember that things happen for a reason, and GM always toyed with the notion of eliminating the F-Body from it's line-up. Keeping cost up, and sales down, simply solidified such a decision....

    Quote Originally Posted by jacobyb
    ...why are cars like the Mustang still being sold and selling extremely well? The Mustang was out-selling the F-bodies by 3 to 1.
    It always did, especially in the 80's, this is nothing new. Now the question here is, does this make the Fox body a much "better" design than the F-Body? Of course not, they were simply cheaper in make (as was evident by the Mustang's "rod" equipped hood holder).

    If the Camaro and Firebird limited it's production to a "Camaro", and "Z28", and/or a "Firebird", and "Trans Am" only (eliminating the RS, Berlinetta, Iroc, Formula, GTA etc..), while keeping build cost down (eliminating various engine configurations, especially the 6 cylinder versions), you'd have a completely different outcome.

  19. #39
    Member camarolvr69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    384

    Silver
    1997 camaro z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    First off, I don't give two shits about the retail value of a Honda Civic Si. The only reason it has held its value so well is because they are in demand, every ricer and his brother wants a Civic Si. Its also a Honda, so people automatically assume it will be super reliable (often not the case), and therefore the value also stays up.

    You say you want to talk about cheapness?? Honda Civic interiors is about as basic as they get. You act like we're comparing a Yugo to an Audi here. The Trans Am interior looks much nicer, even if the quality of the plastics isn't stellar. Mine has zero creeks or rattles, I guess its just you.

    People who think the Trans Am is "gaudy" are most likely stupid ricers like yourself. The Trans Am is one of the meanest looking cars on the road, the styling is aggressive, not "gaudy". I've never heard anyone say that before that wasn't an import loving toolshed.

    And then you have the audacity to say a solid rear axle is bad?? Do you have any clue about cars whatsoever?? A solid axle is the best thing you can have for drag racing, it doesn't get wheelhop, and with the right differential they are nearly indestructible. I suppose you think a torque steering front wheel drive piece of crap is somehow superior, though

    And lastly, you're damn right I consider myself a car enthusiast. Who says car enthusiasts have to like every car ever built?? I love cars, just not stupid FWD economy car rice mobiles with 88 ft/lbs of torque
    You rock its good that someone finally put the ricers in their place . Im tired of all the ignorant rice boys out there with NOS stickers and an AEM cold air intake thinking they are faster than anyone in a v8. All the time I here my friend has a turbo celica alltrac piece with 270 hp at 7 lbs of boost but can hit 700 hp with 24lbs...and he will smoke any mustang or camaro. he thinks just because he beat a CRX hes fast. Dumb riceboys whos been lying to you all these years...lol must be the fast and the furious propaganda gettin to em. But when you line up with em they get left by buslengths.
    Last edited by camarolvr69; 06-23-2006 at 12:10 PM.

  20. #40
    Senior Member Street Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Old Bridge "Raceway Park" N.J.
    Posts
    1,249
    2009 Corvette ZO6

    Quote Originally Posted by camarolvr69
    Im tired of all the ignorant rice boys out there with NOS stickers and an AEM cold air intake thinking they are faster than anyone in a v8. All the time I here my friend has a turbo celica alltrac piece with 270 hp at 7 lbs of boost but can hit 700 hp with 24lbs...and he will smoke any mustang or camaro.
    The fact that most Import enthusiast's, today, are starting to swap the LSx family of engine's into there 240sx's, 300zx's, RX7's etc., is proof enough that there "boost" talk is all fluff. They refuse to be seen in domestic muscle, <cough cough> but wouldn't mind borrowing it's power plant though, that's for sure <cough cough>....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2008 Cobra Jet Mustang - Return Of The Cobra Jets
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2009, 09:16 AM
  2. Ford 428 Cobra Jet Build - Deadly Cobra - Engine T
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 11:40 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 01:14 PM
  4. 2007 Honda Civic - Upgrading From Stock Honda Civic
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Stereo and Electronics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-2008, 07:10 PM
  5. 2007 Honda CR-V - OEM Reviews Honda CR-V / Mitsubishi Spyder
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Stereo and Electronics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-14-2007, 12:47 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •