Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Annihalated by a Yamaha

Tonight I was on my way home after seeing some friends. On a long stretch of road all by myself. Farther down the road I see what I can barely make out to be a sportbike pull onto to the road and almost immediately go WOT. When I hear this thing I couldn't help let my jaw go a bit slack, this thing sounded like a screaming banshee straight out of hell, easily the loudest thing I've heard next to top fuel dragster. As I go 3/4 throttle to catch up I notice the dude isn't wearing any kind of gear AT ALL, not even a helmet. So my first thought is I shouldn't mess with this guy because if something bad happens I'm super screwed. So I turn it off

As I get close the guy notices I caught up really fast so he turned around about 4 times of the course of about 15sec to try to figure out what I am. We pull up to a red light and he gives a nod, and I shake my head to show i'm not interested. Regardless when the light turns green he takes off like a bat out of hell, pulls a wheelie, lands, then half stands up while going WOT. At this point i'm way too excited and go against my better judgment and catch back up. We get to another light right before a tunnel. At this point there's no way I can resist, I mean cmon a straight tunnel, a bike, and a z28, there's no way I can pass this up. Light goes green he just leaves like normal and so do I, but I leave it in 1st. As soon as I get to the tunnel I go WOT and nearly make myself go deaf, as soon as I start pulling away he goes WOT blows by me and keeps pulling HARD. We exit the tunnel get to the next light. He looks over and says something but my ears are ringing so I can't hear him, so I just give him a confused look, he repeats

" looks sweet man"
    me: "thanks" Since I don't know shit about bikes best response I can give is "that thing is fast and loud as hell man, my ears are ringing from that run"
    him: "lol thanks"

I barely get to make out the Yamaha on the side of his bike. It was a good size bigger than any street bike I'd seen and was blue and white. Didn't get enough time to read the model because he took off at that point.
    I keep up behind for awhile, just admiring the insane sound of this thing. At one point he pulls up next to a SUV with 3 hot chicks and starts showing off by pulling wheelies, standing no handers, laying on his back while cruising. He pulls away from them and I pull up next to them. The girls stare at my car for a bit then point at the bike while nodding and smiling. So I think why the hell not, I'll give em a show. I wink, pull up next to him again, throw a couple revs, drop it in 1st @ 35mph. He waits for me to take off, gives me a couple seconds head start, then blows by me @ 65 and again pulls away HARD. This time he doesn't stop though, he keeps it at WOT and judging by how long he was going he must have hit at least 110+ in the 40mph zone

As I approach the next light I see a cop sitting at the intersecting perpendicular to me and the bike. I get stopped by the light but the bike makes it since he's going at least 90. Cop turns on his lights/sirens and gives chase. The girls pull up next to me with an "O SHIT" look on their face, same as I did. I turned left and went home. I feel real sorry for the guy seeing as how he was cool and all. I don't know all the equipment laws for bikers, but I bet this guy got it BAD. Over double the speed limit with no gear. I never really knew how fast crotch rockets were, now I know, kinda makes me feel like i'm wasting my money and time modding when I could just sell my car and get a bad ass bike.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Yea bikes are fast and all but I just don't feel as safe when I'm on my bike as oppose to riding in the Trans Am. That guy was a douche riding like that and its people like him that make me look bad Should've gotten those chicks numbers man!

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    Yea bikes are fast and all but I just don't feel as safe when I'm on my bike as oppose to riding in the Trans Am. That guy was a douche riding like that and its people like him that make me look bad Should've gotten those chicks numbers man!
    Well shucks you think I had a chance?lol

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Did you see the bike get pulled over?
    I doubt a guy like that pulls over just because he see's sirens

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by LeadFarmer View Post
    Well shucks you think I had a chance?lol
    Possibly, It's too late to think about it now though

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

psh, nightime on a sport bike. i wouldnt pull over.

no chance really for the cop to get him

i agree though, no gear = goober.

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

^ goober

and no I didn't see him get pulled over, but I did see him take a look back when he heard the sirens, I didn't think anything of it at the time but he didn't appear to slow down when he turned back around.
    Last edited by LeadFarmer; 09-06-2010 at 11:18 AM.

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

ya, he was gone lol.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

I know young people feel invincible and all that. But riding a motorcycle with no gear is just stupid. No matter how good you are, it only takes one surprise pebble or mini pothole to take you down.

A friend of mine was taken down by a damn soccer mom who turned in front of him, said she just didn't see him. He couldn't avoid her, hit and went over her hood and slid down the asphalt. This was only at about 35mph. He came away with a couple of bruised ribs, but more importantly with a cracked helmet and shredded kevlar jacket. If not for those, he woulda had a cracked skull and shredded body.

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Agreed i sold my bike so i could get my ss just because there are too many stupid people on the road that dont pay attention to what there doing i can count numerous time when i was cut off or almost rear ended by dumb asses and you could definately hear my bike so that was no excuse

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    Agreed i sold my bike so i could get my ss just because there are too many stupid people on the road that dont pay attention to what there doing i can count numerous time when i was cut off or almost rear ended by dumb asses and you could definately hear my bike so that was no excuse
    Thats what im really considering right now. Its sad to think about my life without riding but I have had so many close calls this year that its actually starting to make riding not fun. I just finally settled my accident from two years ago and its like people know this and want to take me down.

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

yeah im only 19 but i have been riding street bikes since i was 14 and dirt bikes before then i just counted my losses and sold it i figured my life was worth more than how much i loved riding that and the fact that i stumbled upon a 01 ss aka my dream car for a killer price so having my ss definatley fills the void that the bike created

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    yeah im only 19 but i have been riding street bikes since i was 14 and dirt bikes before then i just counted my losses and sold it i figured my life was worth more than how much i loved riding that and the fact that i stumbled upon a 01 ss aka my dream car for a killer price so having my ss definatley fills the void that the bike created
    Doesnt work like that for me, the bikes didnt fill the void selling my T/A/supra created and a f-body wont fill the void of my bike. They are just too different imo to fill eachothers voids. MY T/A was almost as fast as my bike and supra was prabably just as fast.

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

nice i got a buddy with a 98 supra with a fully built 2jz single turbo pushin around 900hp on race gas its freakin wicked i would love to have one but there like 25k here for one thats just in OK shape

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

hopefully once I'm done with undergrad. I'll have the balls to buy a R1 and keep the Camaro as a weekend car/toy/project. Getting 50mpg while doing 0-60 in 2.9 sec for around 6k is just too incredible to ignore.

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

who can argue with that lol

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

i am in search of an R1 as we speak. i have had a CBR 954 and and 06 gixxer 1000....that gixer scared me shitless after every full throttle. i wouldnt even start the thing without my helmet and gloves on just incase it started hauling ass in neutral. i hear R1's are uncomfortable on longer distance...if you are looking for a comfy DD liter bike look at the CBR's and GSXR my gixxer was really comfy and the CBR 1000'S are comfy aswell.(comparing to a kawasaki and yamaha)

oh and liter bikes dont get anywhere close too 50MPG lol you will go around 130 miles when the reserve kicks in tahts with conservative riding with the occasional 13K shifts lol. 4.8 gallon tank on most big bikes. the gixxer would go 130-132 and the 954 would go 127-130 before reserve kicked in. 600's get around 40MPG ..my 883 sportser however got 55-56 MPG lol and it would smoke a GT pre '05 but thats about it lol
    Last edited by TmaxicanA; 09-11-2010 at 06:00 PM.

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by TmaxicanA View Post
    i am in search of an R1 as we speak. i have had a CBR 954 and and 06 gixxer 1000....that gixer scared me shitless after every full throttle. i wouldnt even start the thing without my helmet and gloves on just incase it started hauling ass in neutral. i hear R1's are uncomfortable on longer distance...if you are looking for a comfy DD liter bike look at the CBR's and GSXR my gixxer was really comfy and the CBR 1000'S are comfy aswell.(comparing to a kawasaki and yamaha)

oh and liter bikes dont get anywhere close too 50MPG lol you will go around 130 miles when the reserve kicks in tahts with conservative riding with the occasional 13K shifts lol. 4.8 gallon tank on most big bikes. the gixxer would go 130-132 and the 954 would go 127-130 before reserve kicked in. 600's get around 40MPG ..my 883 sportser however got 55-56 MPG lol and it would smoke a GT pre '05 but thats about it lol
    nice, thanks for the info

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by TmaxicanA View Post

If you are looking for comfort none of those bikes should be on your list.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

him: "lol thanks"

^^^
    If he actually said "lol", that disqualifies him from manhood and you automatically win.

Thread Information