SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

99Z28 vs. 02 vette, RX8, WRX

It was a pretty fun weekend, the o2 vette was first. I was out trying to find some people to race and was getting desperate so I headed over to the street where all of the HS ricers hang out hoping to find something pretty badd. I get over to 82nd and find a kid in his vette that was over there picking on the 4 bangers. He was pretty cocky, not a cool guy at all. I ended up behind him at a light and he decides to play catch me if you wanna race. He wasn't happy when he found out he couldn't get away if he wanted to It was an auto, and to be honest I was very unimpressed with it considering it was a vette and all. I don't think he would have run better than a high 13. regardless, I caught him and pulled past him pretty steady, then slowed down to make sure he was actually coming, we slowed to about a 10 and i put about 4 cars on him before shutting down at 100-110
    Next up was a black RX8, we slowed down several times to run and I basically demolished him every time. After the first two races with him the chick that was with me insisted that he wasn't racing, so I let him jump the next time far enough that she couldn't argue that he was actually trying.
    Last was a WRX, not an STI though. Three lane road with a car between us at the light I didn't know if he'd go or not so we both just kinda rolled out from the light and when we saw each other we nailed it. Not a great race, I wish we would have raced from a dead stop, I love to watch those things launch. He would have made me work a lot harder to catch him. He was a cool guy and was just having fun, so was the RX8 guy, that's what it's all about. I don't care if its american muscle or import or even if it's just some crapper that you wish is fast, as long as you're cool about it and have a good time.
    Side note, shouldn't the vette have at least made me work for it? It was an auto and the driver can't be to blame. I have headers, ORY, loudmouth, MTI clear lid, K&N, 160 stat (fans set to keep it around 179). I'm an A4 with 3.23s

I keep swearing I am gonna take my video camera everywhere now, and I even got it out and charged it but forgot to grab it before I went out. Next weekend I won't forget
    Last edited by oneBADDz; 04-24-2006 at 10:15 AM.

Who you callin a wankel? transam kid 01's Avatar

Black
    2004 RX-8 6 Speed Manual

Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    It was a pretty fun weekend, the o2 vette was first. I was out trying to find some people to race and was getting desperate so I headed over to the street where all of the HS ricers hang out hoping to find something pretty badd. I get over to 82nd and find a kid in his vette that was over there picking on the 4 bangers. He was pretty cocky, not a cool guy at all. I ended up behind him at a light and he decides to play catch me if you wanna race. He wasn't happy when he found out he couldn't get away if he wanted to It was an auto, and to be honest I was very unimpressed with it considering it was a vette and all. I don't think he would have run better than a high 13. regardless, I caught him and pulled past him pretty steady, then slowed down to make sure he was actually coming, we slowed to about a 10 and i put about 4 cars on him before shutting down at 100-110
    Next up was a black RX8, we slowed down several times to run and I basically demolished him every time. After the first two races with him the chick that was with me insisted that he wasn't racing, so I let him jump the next time far enough that she couldn't argue that he was actually trying.
    Last was a WRX, not an STI though. Three lane road with a car between us at the light I didn't know if he'd go or not so we both just kinda rolled out from the light and when we saw each other we nailed it. Not a great race, I wish we would have raced from a dead stop, I love to watch those things launch. He would have made me work a lot harder to catch him. He was a cool guy and was just having fun, so was the RX8 guy, that's what it's all about. I don't care if its american muscle or import or even if it's just some crapper that you wish is fast, as long as you're cool about it and have a good time.
    Side note, shouldn't the vette have at least made me work for it? It was an auto and the driver can't be to blame. I have headers, ORY, loudmouth, MTI clear lid, K&N, 160 stat (fans set to keep it around 179). I'm an A4 with 3.23s

I keep swearing I am gonna take my video camera everywhere now, and I even got it out and charged it but forgot to grab it before I went out. Next weekend I won't forget

Good kills
    I wonder if it was an auto 8 or manual. Huuuuuuge difference. Either way, you will have him. Manual from a roll she be the same a WRX (non STi)

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

good kills

good kills , weak vette

sebring silver
    2000 z28

hey how is that 160 degree thermostsate working for you, did you have to program your computer to work with it, people claim 2-4 hp from it, plus more engine life and how did you get your fan to work at 179. i also have a z28 with the a4, give me input, i was also thinking about the 180 degree, so winter would be a little warmer in my car

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

I wanted a 170 and couldn't get one without ordering it and waiting, so I picked this 160 up off of ls1tech shipped for 40 bucks. 160 is too low, when you go to low it actually decreases engine life, you start building condensation in all the wrong places etc. Definitly no SOTP gain just from the stat. I used a predator to change my fan temps, I just didn't set them as low as the stat would have let me. I do worry about winter keeping it too low. When you decide what you want think of this, it will run about 5 degrees warmer than the stat's temp. example, a 170 stat STARTS opening at 170 but isn't fully open until 175 so it won't really run 170 even with your fan temps lowered. a 180 will get you approx a 185 coolant temp. no matter what you get, unless it's cold out it won't really run cooler without adjusting the fan on/off temps, which is why in the heat here I have a 160 but wherever i set my fans above that is what the temp will run

04 srt4 and 99 firebird

If it was an 02 vette that seems right. The pre 2006 z06 ran mid 12's right? So a c6 or whatever should be slower and your car is modded.

c5 and older vettes, till u hit old school big blocks and shit, suck ass at drag racing...ive seen so many vettes get outrun bt neons and not the srt4's its not even funny. stock, they suck. there geared totally wrong for drag racing...unless there modded out or a performance z06 they were very easy to pick on.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by sid2387
    c5 and older vettes, till u hit old school big blocks and shit, suck ass at drag racing...ive seen so many vettes get outrun bt neons and not the srt4's its not even funny. stock, they suck. there geared totally wrong for drag racing...unless there modded out or a performance z06 they were very easy to pick on.
    You're a ignorant moron...I hope you read my other post about your truck beating 05 GT's. A c5 has a ls1 smart guy....even the LT1 vette would smoke a neon. Lemme guess....you beat C5's in your stock 94 extended cab chevy also Fuckin ricer

first off my truck isnt stock. it runs high 12's jack ass and ive gont to the local track for an event called "vette vs viper" WHERE all the local corvette clubs go and race the viper and neon clubs and they would get there asses handed to them. i know they have a ls1 but they have bad gearing. that can make all the difference in the world in drag racing you stupid fuck. lemme guess u think your all high and mighty w/ your camaro that you paid to have everything done too. lemme tell ya sumin, i guarantee you if i put my drive train into something as light and aerodynamic it would smoke your ass. me a ricer? haha thats a good one. oh yeah the neons i was talkin about arent stock either. most of them are running big ass turbos they just werent srt 4's. jack ass

NBM
    '00 Z28

Hey sid, settle down. Just to let you know, it isn't the gearing in a Vette that handicaps it at the track. It is the suspension. It isn't meant for drag racing. And just throwing out "They've got big ass turbos," and nothing else just further more makes you seem like a ricer. By the way, Camaro's aren't all that light. Somewhere around 3700 lbs.

Don't get so defensive about things on here. That's another tell tale sign of a ricer. So, what kind of truck do you have and what's done to it? High 12's in a truck isn't bad.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

ive seen so many vettes get outrun bt neons and not the srt4's its not even funny.
    Ummm... it would help if you throw in the neons mods when you're saying vettes get smoked by neons and not the srt-4s....it sounds like you're saying a N/A neon smokes vettes. And this goes along with the other posts...it sounded like you said your truck was stock and smokin 05 GT's.

Also I enjoy working on vehicles...so no I don't pay other people to do it, even if I had the money to.

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    Ummm... it would help if you throw in the neons mods when you're saying vettes get smoked by neons and not the srt-4s....it sounds like you're saying a N/A neon smokes vettes. And this goes along with the other posts...it sounded like you said your truck was stock and smokin 05 GT's.

Also I enjoy working on vehicles...so no I don't pay other people to do it, even if I had the money to.

My bad fellas, ill try to make sure that i am more clear about things when i post. and i didnt mean to blow up it just pisses me off when ppl say that i am ignorant and i have no clue as to what im talking about. im not saying i know everything by any means at all and i still have lots to learn but i know a good bit. and theres nothing that pisses me off more than being called a ricer. i am american muscle 100%

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc60
    Hey sid, settle down. So, what kind of truck do you have and what's done to it? High 12's in a truck isn't bad.

Triple pass Aluminum Radiator
    -Dual electric Fans
    -Serious tranny cooler
    -383 Stroker fully built. forged eagle 4340 steel crank, forged h beam eagle connecting rods and forged pistons, vortec heads ported and polished, double valve springs, roller rocker arms, 540/545 293/294 custom cam, bigger valves, pushrods all the goodies, with a super victor vortech intake manifold and holley 750 double pumper. Making around 500 hp w/ 10.5 compression, 93 octane.
    -Msd ignition: 6al box, blaster 2 coil, billet distributer
    -Vaccum reserve cannister for the power breaks
    -3800 TCI 10'' stall in a Jegs Th400 Transmission
    -10 bolt rearend w/ a 373's and locker. Brute force chunk
    -msd inline booster fuel pump
    -Hooker super comp ceramic coated header, true dual 2 1/2 pipes w/o cats going to flowmaster original 40 series mufflers

the truck is a 94 silverado extra cab

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

the truck is a 94 silverado extra cab
    Bad choice to start with. I spent a lot of money in my single cab 88 GMC sportside, suspension, engine, tranny, paint, gears, the works. Even had nitrous on it. Even after all that, I doubt it would have busted a stock LS1 SS. Especially not on top end. If I would have sold the truck and bought a used LS1 vehicle, I would have been faster without go fast goodies. Modding vehicles that are not "Sport" engineered from the factory is an exercise in futility. You have to spend major dough, and then they are barely streetable as a result. Tranny lines busting, tranny housing cracks, all kinds of side effects. Plus, they handle like ass. Major suspension mods=even more dough. I started demodding it so I could make it more reliable, mainly taking out the 4.10 gears and putting in 3.42's, and putting in a more pump friendly cam.

If I were you, I would sell that hopped up truck, and buy something you can make REAL fast with a lot less dough.
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

i couldnt agree with you more. for the money ive poured into thqt thing i could have bought a F Body, be running tens and still have cash left over...and as far as streetable, not really. i get 3 1/2 mpb maybe 4 at best and thats at 45mph. anything over and the gas goes down. at 60 im turnin 3500 rpms. it sucks but i love havin a truck that hauls major ass because it suprises the hell outa ppl but i cant really afford it anymore so im plannin on sellin it and either gettin a camaro or ta w/ the ls1....3sppeed transmissions and carbs suck for daily drivers. but what the hell, you live and learn i guess. oh yeah and you learn how expensive that shit is lol.

04 srt4 and 99 firebird

My neighbor has a 94 vette that is automatic. I raced him from about 10mph roll in my 04 srt4 when it was bone stock and I won by .5-1 car length. He said he didn't race as well as he could have and from a dead stop i can pretty much bet he would have won. If vettes have only gotten faster since 94 I cannot imagine a SRT-4 beating a newer vette let alone a regular neon.

Thread Information