Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 99 Z28 vs 10 GT

White
    99 Camaro Z28

99 Z28 vs 10 GT

Yesterday,,i was going home after paying my cellphone bill..this grabber blue 2010 gt,,is behind me on ,,he never makes a sign that he wants to race ,soi blow him off due to the fact that i need a tune up and a tune..when my lane reaches a stop.he pases me and REVS AT ME ..im like wtf ,,hell no so i get out of my lane.even up to him rev back.being side to side he starts the honking,1,2,3! i flor it so does he i walk him by 3-4 cars,,not bad at all...it was a lil pull..after that he never even up with me .so i return back to my way.with a smile on my race ..my mods ..cam ,lt header,lid,cutout,ory,stall,,,and a ls6 intake in my garage ready to install...once again my car is untuned..and with horrible sparkplugs ..ls1 ftw !

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Technically, I believe the 2010 had the new body but the same 4.6. The 2011 had the 5.0. I could be mistaken though o.O.

White
    99 Camaro Z28

yess sir u are correct ..lol when i frist saw the grill comming up i was shit its a 5.0 the n i just saw the gt emblems and was like naa piece of cake ..

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

i think you could still take a 5.0 if it was stock or had something as minor as a catback... I THOUGHT they made a GT and a 5.0? Am i wrong?

LPM
    2000 Z28

The 2011 gt's are 5.0 4v engines. They didn't switch to the 5.0 until 2011 though.

LS6 Intake, LS6 VCT, E^2 Catch Can, Hooker LTs and ORY, Magnaflow Cat-Back, 3" QTP electric cutout, UMI adj LCA, PHB, 3 pt SFCs, STB, MGW Shifter, SLP lid and bellow, Free-Mods, Tuned by BlueCat

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

oh ok so basically every mustang before 2011 is slow except the 03-04 cobras? lol

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Stock...yes lol. Well, the Mach 1's aren't bad.

Blue
    2002-WS6

the mach 1's are slow too, i beat one in my bolt on 95 T/A, no problem.

Black and Gold
    03 Ford Mach 1

Quote Originally Posted by Edward-T View Post
    the mach 1's are slow too, i beat one in my bolt on 95 T/A, no problem.
    At the drag strip, I don't believe I ever ran a LT1 but I ran a WS6 like you have and after the third time of him getting beat by a 312 rwhp, 4:30 geared Mach1, I guess he decided he couldn't drive well enough to beat a slow Mach 1!
    2012 Shelby GT500 DD

08 GT/CS Vert 426/430 a couple of bolt ons. (sold)
    03 Mach 1 Black and Gold (sold)
    33 Ford 5 Window
    57 Chevy

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

ohh shit we got another mustang lover on the site
    2000 ss camaro, forged lq9 370 short block, stage 3 PRC 243 heads, fast 102 w, big mouth throttle body, MS3 cam, 1.7 roller rockers, stage 3 t-56, monster stage 3, pro 5.0, 4.10's with moser axles, bmr tq arm, lca's, phb. SOLD (thankfully)!!!

New project: 1968 step-side, partial restore, ls/th400 swap. hopefully boosted pics and more info to come!!!

Having a small cam is like having a small dick, everytime you go to use it you wish it was bigger

Black and Gold
    03 Ford Mach 1

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    ohh shit we got another mustang lover on the site
    Crap another car lover on the site, that very seldom posts because of comments like yours and his join date was 5 years before yours!!! LOL

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    Crap another car lover on the site, that very seldom posts because of comments like yours and his join date was 5 years before yours!!! LOL
    yeah cause you post shit like you did about your god for saken MACH 1

Black and Gold
    03 Ford Mach 1

yeah cause you post shit like you did about your god for saken MACH 1
    I guess I could have made a comment about the 3 valve mustang being slow and it would've made you happy but mine wasn't slow because nothing ever stays stock. This used to be a good site to learn from but I guess its all about 5th gen Camaro now. I just wish more of them would visit the drag strip. You win I will not talk about the 8 year old mach that I sold 3 years ago and I won't talk about my slow daily driven Shelby.

I'm a 4th gen camaro owner (a pair of them) as well as a mustang owner (69 SCJ), does that make me a bad person

Actually, I'm in agreement with almach, the 03-04 Mach 1's are decent runners. My buddy had a brand new Mach, still stock and he clicked off easy 13.60's at 106 mph on stock rubber, and blowing the tires off. With just sticky tires he dipped into the 12's with it.
    It would whoop the pants off my bone stock (at that time) 02 SS camaro. It took a tune, a 3400 stall converter, and a set of headers to turn the table on him.

Those Mach's as well as the Termi's are nothing to sneeze at. The new 2011 5.0 mustangs are also strong runners now. I've driven my wifes 2000 SS into the 12's at 111 mph and my neighbors brand new 2011 5.0 hangs right with me. I was shocked.

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    I guess I could have made a comment about the 3 valve mustang being slow and it would've made you happy but mine wasn't slow because nothing ever stays stock. This used to be a good site to learn from but I guess its all about 5th gen Camaro now. I just wish more of them would visit the drag strip. You win I will not talk about the 8 year old mach that I sold 3 years ago and I won't talk about my slow daily driven Shelby.
    i see the point in not arguring and yes you do have a nice shelby, im voicing my opinion simply because i have yet to see one that has impressed me not that i wont but havent yet, there are very few around here there all mostly GT's with straight pipe and a 16 year old driver which are giving 95% of mustang owners a bad rep because of how stupid most of them are. ive only seen 2-3 termi's and thats about the only years mustangs besides the brand new ones that impress me with small stuff done

Blue
    2002-WS6

yea man, he must have been a bad driver. lol or it was stock but either way i am a car lover as well as you and you have a nice ride, if was ever gonna buy a mustang it would be a shelby or a terminator, just saying though my bolt on 95 T/A beat the mach 1 and we ran a couple of races cause he wanted another shot, not ragging on him, he turned out to be a cool guy once we started talking.
    2011 GS

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatikgixxer View Post
    oh ok so basically every mustang before 2011 is slow except the 03-04 cobras? lol
    The 03 and 04 Cobras are my favorite. If they came out in 2000, I probably would have gotten one of those.

Red w/ silver Stripes
    2000 WS6 6 Speed

Good kill op. I have had run ins with both fast and slow stangs. I own a slow but very nice 93 cobra lol. ^^and yes i am a big fan of the termi's

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

giving 95% of mustang owners a bad rep because of how stupid most of them are.
    I guess I just don't understand your logic? How does one car owner give owners of a similar car a bad reputation? If you saw some douchebag making an ass out of himself and he happened to own a TOSHIBA brand laptop computer, would you then have a different attitude toward TOSHIBA owners? They don't screen car buyers; you pay the $$$ and they give you a car.

If I were to assume a stereotype of car owners just based on sheer volume of assclowns driving them, it would be the PT Cruiser, with the Acura Integra coming in a close second, but again that wouldn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by nmbr5ml View Post
    I guess I just don't understand your logic? How does one car owner give owners of a similar car a bad reputation? If you saw some douchebag making an ass out of himself and he happened to own a TOSHIBA brand laptop computer, would you then have a different attitude toward TOSHIBA owners? They don't screen car buyers; you pay the $$$ and they give you a car.

If I were to assume a stereotype of car owners just based on sheer volume of assclowns driving them, it would be the PT Cruiser, with the Acura Integra coming in a close second, but again that wouldn't make any sense.
    Don't take it to heart. I've seen the same types of attitudes with 4th gen camaro owners, as well as vette owners, etc....it's not just the mustangs. It's just a certain mantality that has no specific brand.

Thread Information