Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 49 of 49

'99 Z28 vs. '06 Mustang GT !!!!!!

This is a discussion on '99 Z28 vs. '06 Mustang GT !!!!!! within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Jason05GTO According to your logic, a stock 400hp LS2 Vette shouldnt be able to outperform a stock ...

  1. #41
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason05GTO View Post
    According to your logic, a stock 400hp LS2 Vette shouldnt be able to outperform a stock 500hp Cobra, but it does. Faster quarter mile times, higher top speed, everything, so unless "your" Boss can outrun the new Cobra (which I doubt) you are once again smoking crack.
    I actually make that argument myself. My friend with a Cobra will tell you that. The Vette is my baby, so your statement is agreed with. Unless I don't understand something, the 400hp LS2 vette will spank your LS2 GTO and it should spank the New Maro according to weight alone(????).

  2. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Age
    49
    Posts
    134

    Torrid Red
    05 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan View Post
    I actually make that argument myself. My friend with a Cobra will tell you that. The Vette is my baby, so your statement is agreed with. Unless I don't understand something, the 400hp LS2 vette will spank your LS2 GTO and it should spank the New Maro according to weight alone(????).
    It will beat the GTO, the GTO is about 500 lbs heavier, and I dont know what the specs on the Camaro will be. There are many who hope that the LS7 will be an option, but GM doesnt want anything to be able to compete with the Vette. The big drawback to the LS2s is that damn torque management, there are a few who bypass that and are getting into the 12s with no other mods. But that is a warranty voiding adventure there so I dont think Ill go that route.

  3. #43
    M6 King Hot Black Trans-Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    5,085
    Blog Entries
    1

    09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

    What are the 05/06 GT's putting to the ground? They definitly don't feel like they put 300 to the ground like the LS1's.

  4. #44
    Senior Member illcul8troffcr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,344

    Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason05GTO View Post
    There are many who hope that the LS7 will be an option, but GM doesnt want anything to be able to compete with the Vette.
    Do you think thats why they killed off the Camaro for a while because the z28's and SS's with slight mods would eat the vettes up at the time at the track every weekend? A few dealers when I bought mine hinted that sales of the vette had seriously died off because of that. Why buy the vette back then when for 15 grand less or more you can buy a Camaro and spend a grand or so to be faster?
    I love how the new Vettes look .. minus the popup headlights finally. sickening power.. I wish they would put the LS7 as an option in the camaro like you said. would liven up the weekends again at the Super Chevy series.
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/illcul8troffcr/My%20SS/signaturew.jpg
    2002 Camaro SS #1539
    MTI Clear AirLid /Magnaflow catback/Polished Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace/K&N Filter/Bilstein Suspension/
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/553601
    http://www.fquick.com/illcul8troffcr

  5. #45
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    44

    Red
    02' Z28 M6

    The only STOCK Mustang that will beat a STOCK LS1 FBody is the 03 and 06 cobras, heck if it wasn't for the 03, Fbodys have been spanking mustangs since 98....it is funny for you to think otherwise. You could use the same driver (s) in every race with same results......has anyopne ever heard of a mustang gt factory freak running 12's stock? that's funny too
    Last edited by 02Z; 08-10-2006 at 09:07 AM.

  6. #46
    Gold Member BlwnCamaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Las Cruces,NM
    Age
    40
    Posts
    473

    Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan View Post
    As a matter of fact, you are correct at what I ran at my track. Which is brutal. Lemme point out here, that this is my time on the left, and a Camaro(98-00ish) on the right.Click for full size It's one of my 14.7 runs. He had me by a nose or so on the Launch too, which is good for him because usually we out launch them.

    I saw this guy run a 14.8 or so once. He just didn't do it then. You know how things go at the track. Anyway, there's the spanking. It shoudn't have happened according to most here because you believe you have 200 or so Hp and TQ on us like the C6's. If you bring that stock LS1 down here, you'll be doing anywhere from 93 to about 98mph if your lucky.

    Yes, indeed, I know how to work on cars. Learned how to do so years ago. And I know what to do to become top dog. It's all about the dinero. The link shows the potential of the stang that you say couldn't touch you. Congrats on the 89 maro. You must be running 8's or 9's in that thing if you put bus lengths on a KB Cobra. Either that or BS. If you're N/A and not cammed, you should come on Down to Morrison, Colorado and run that Maro. I hope i'm there to humble you a little. You seem like the type to beat the crap out of me in the 1/4 spraying a 100 shot and then saying you are all stock though. Heck, even if you're cammed, you'd get around a 13.5ish up there.
    By the way, the converted times are amazingly on target because I have a friend who drives a Maro that has gone down the strip at Kansas. He ran a 12.5. Up here, he ran 13.6. He needs traction bad. His car is worked over good.
    Dude I'll prove that your full of crap, look at your reacton time on your timeslip your saying that it was a 98-00ish ls1 camaro you supposedly destroyed but that he had you by a nose at the start. Thats bull because your reaction time was a .029 and his was a .130! That means that you redlighted and he was asleep at the line, but in your story you say he got you at the start. Your full of bs and it was probably a v6 car that you beat. However being that you have 4.10's and a tune giving you the benefit of the doubt it could be possible you beat a 2.73 auto car (slowest ls1) with a poor driver obviously (reaction time). Plus your full of more bs because i never said the 614hp mustang couldn't touch my car, it would probably be a good race with my 89 Camaro. Show me which one of my posts says that. What I did say is that posting up that fully modded high dollar stang doesn't prove anything its not even your car. Furthermore since when do you have to run 8's and 9's to beat a mustang with a kenny bell. The one that I beat around here runs low 12's at 120 22psi (4000ft density altitude) and my 89 Camaro runs 11.51 at 128 on only 8 psi on pump gas with a 1.5 60ft. I killed him the whole way through the quarter on launch and top end. I will say it again ls1's are faster than the new mustang gt's. Just get over the fact that a car that was made over 8 years ago can still whoop the crap out of fords new mustang. I've already raced the local gt's in my stock ls1 and killed them bad. Yeah and your right about one thing most ls1's stock are 13 second cars with some running 12's stock, but most new gt mustangs can't get out of the 14's. Plus about u saying im the type of guy that sprays a 100 shot and lies about it you don't know crap son, my cars are fast enough that I don't need to lie. It seems like the ford camp likes to do that old number to make there cars look faster stock when they are not. My ls1 whoops ass stock and I don't need to lie. I mean come on you have 4.10's and a tune and your running 14.6 and 14.7's. You might as well stop the bs before you make yourself look worse than you already do.
    Last edited by BlwnCamaro; 08-10-2006 at 09:26 AM.

  7. #47
    Gold Member BlwnCamaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Las Cruces,NM
    Age
    40
    Posts
    473

    Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by 02Z View Post
    The only STOCK Mustang that will beat a STOCK LS1 FBody is the 03 and 06 cobras, heck if it wasn't for the 03, Fbodys have been spanking mustangs since 98....it is funny for you to think otherwise. You could use the same driver (s) in every race with same results......has anyopne ever heard of a mustang gt factory freak running 12's stock? that's funny too

    I know it's funny to see delusional ford owners that try to live in computer land thinking that gt's are faster but in the real world ls1's spank them. And the funny thing is that yeah the blown cobras are faster stock than a naturally aspirated camaro but barely, even with a supercharger. I've never heard of a gt mustang running 12's stock either thats bull. A supercharged cobra takes a good driver and close to sea level conditions to get 12's so I know the gt's wont do it.

  8. #48
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    ok enough.

  9. #49
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by BlwnCamaro View Post
    Dude I'll prove that your full of crap, look at your reacton time on your timeslip your saying that it was a 98-00ish ls1 camaro you supposedly destroyed but that he had you by a nose at the start. Thats bull because your reaction time was a .029 and his was a .130! That means that you redlighted and he was asleep at the line, but in your story you say he got you at the start.

    .029 isn't a redlight.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Mustang gt's??
    By Transamws6 in forum Domestics and Foreigns
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 01-16-2010, 06:28 AM
  2. 05 Red Mustang GT
    By Z06-Goose in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 09:39 PM
  3. ls1 vs mustang gt
    By midnightnavyz28 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-05-2009, 05:56 PM
  4. here's my mustang...
    By sit_back in forum Member's Rides
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-07-2006, 08:42 PM
  5. 06 Mustang GT vs. 99 z28
    By raybroussard in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-10-2006, 01:51 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •