Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49

'99 Z28 vs. '06 Mustang GT !!!!!!

This is a discussion on '99 Z28 vs. '06 Mustang GT !!!!!! within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; .4 tenth and you are saying you spanked and destoyed him come on now you didnt destroy him you barley ...

  1. #21
    ls1devil lt1dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    67

    Black
    1999 ls1

    .4 tenth and you are saying you spanked and destoyed him come on now you didnt destroy him you barley beat him
    nice kill 99blueZ, cant wait tell i run into one

  2. #22
    Rollo Tomassee AKIRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Outside the box
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,887
    Ya know, Ive never ran or even driven a high HP car in high altitude. Does the car seem slower? I mean, christ, these times sound pretty bad. I am wondering if a regular Escort is as fast a donkey pulling a carriage.

  3. #23
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Quote Originally Posted by lt1dragon View Post
    .4 tenth and you are saying you spanked and destoyed him come on now you didnt destroy him you barley beat him
    nice kill 99blueZ, cant wait tell i run into one
    There's the slip right there. If I was stock, of course, it would have been closer. It would have been very close. I didn't have that priveledge. My friend at work beat one in his 05 and he's stock. I've beat him 6 times and lost one when I was stock. What you don't know is the tune that I have, which is why I beat him so much. I have this guys 93 Octane tune along with my gears. Now remember, according to you guys, these gears and tune should put me EQUAL with the LS1, not spanking one like this.

  4. #24
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    Ya know, Ive never ran or even driven a high HP car in high altitude. Does the car seem slower? I mean, christ, these times sound pretty bad. I am wondering if a regular Escort is as fast a donkey pulling a carriage.
    Bandimere speedway is brutal. I drove down to Texas once b4 I had the stang and the Pontiac that I was driving was a different Car down there. My friend in Indiana came up here in his 98 Maro and he was amazed at the difference too. The N/A cars are hyper-ventilating for lack of better words. Boosted cars rule up here.

  5. #25
    Now Know As Camaro98
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Payson, Utah
    Age
    29
    Posts
    71

    Red
    1998 Z28 Camaro

    ^^^ I dont know how High up you are but your talking some wild stuff man, i live in Northern Utah so the elevation cant be that different and almost all the stock ls1s up here run 13.0 to 13.5s and stock mustangs 05s run and wear from 14.0 to 14.7 so which means you must be crazy high or you filling us full of BS, There is a Chevy Vega here that runs 10s all day long so your telling me he would go up there and run low 12s i dont belive that the elevation change is not enough to do that much. LS1s Stangs

  6. #26
    Senior Member illcul8troffcr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,344

    Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 99blueZ View Post

    WOW!!! i was the most exciting kill i have ever had! I have wanted to race a new GT for a while now. It felt so good. This guy must be at home thinking- I just spent 30K on my new GT got my cool license plate and some teenager in an '99 chevy just beat me.


    I have never been prouder to own an F-BODY.
    I think some of you all have misread this guys post.. it doesnt say his 30k mustang beat a 10k fbody.. he said he bets that thats what the guy he raced in the mustang is at home thinking to himself .. youre all bashing the guy driving the camaro thinking hes a mustang owner ..

    wheres the apologies to 99bluez?
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/illcul8troffcr/My%20SS/signaturew.jpg
    2002 Camaro SS #1539
    MTI Clear AirLid /Magnaflow catback/Polished Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace/K&N Filter/Bilstein Suspension/
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/553601
    http://www.fquick.com/illcul8troffcr

  7. #27
    Gold Member BlwnCamaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Las Cruces,NM
    Age
    40
    Posts
    473

    Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by illcul8troffcr View Post
    I think some of you all have misread this guys post.. it doesnt say his 30k mustang beat a 10k fbody.. he said he bets that thats what the guy he raced in the mustang is at home thinking to himself .. youre all bashing the guy driving the camaro thinking hes a mustang owner ..

    wheres the apologies to 99bluez?

    No its because camarofan drives a new mustang and hijacked 99bluez's mustang kill post by saying he destroyed an fbody but his car only runs 14.6@94 and he's modded. Look at first page. So we were talking to camarofan not 99bluez.

  8. #28
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Quote Originally Posted by FireChicken2000 View Post
    ^^^ I dont know how High up you are but your talking some wild stuff man, i live in Northern Utah so the elevation cant be that different and almost all the stock ls1s up here run 13.0 to 13.5s and stock mustangs 05s run and wear from 14.0 to 14.7 so which means you must be crazy high or you filling us full of BS, There is a Chevy Vega here that runs 10s all day long so your telling me he would go up there and run low 12s i dont belive that the elevation change is not enough to do that much. LS1s Stangs
    The only way to settle any of this is to line em up. I can't line up with most on this forum, but if there are any in the Denver area with similar mods, then bring it to bandimere speedway. I don't care who ran what, when it's time to line em up, you can forget what you've heard or seen, it's time to dance.

  9. #29
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Quote Originally Posted by BlwnCamaro View Post
    No its because camarofan drives a new mustang and hijacked 99bluez's mustang kill post by saying he destroyed an fbody but his car only runs 14.6@94 and he's modded. Look at first page. So we were talking to camarofan not 99bluez.
    Now you use my mods as an excuse, you can talk to my friend at work that spanked an SS BONE STOCK. 98-02 ls1's are awesome motors, but you're no vette. You're in my league. The lil 4.6 3 valve can run ya. When the Boss 302 5.0 comes out(390hp), what's going to be up then? Yep, the boss 302 is coming back. It's going for the new Maro though. I'll try and leave the thread alone so you can go back to lying again, but I just want to say that there is no way these cars are matched the way you guys are saying. I can definately see an LS1 beating an 05-07 stang, but I can also see vice versa and I have seen it. I don't go onto the Viper or Vette forums saying I can spank them because I know that those cars are in a different league. LS1's are not in that league. It would be nice to be there, but you're not. You are 13 second cars just like us. You can run some twelves here and there, but you don't average that. You're 13 second cars stock. But you guys come stock with more tire than us, which should help you in your 60. Plus, if the 05/07 stang is driven the way it's supposed to be driven, it spins a lot with a person who's good running through his gears. There are plenty of stangs with a simple tire mod that have dipped into the 12's. Can the 4.6 hang with the 5.7 mod for mod? It shouldn't be able to. Our 5.0 is going to wax the track with you guys, so you'd better step up the the LS2 or something. If that's not enough, maybe Ford will go with the 5.4 liter 4 valve. According to what Ford has done with the 4.6, you guys would be Civics for us then. They're flirting with the Idea now. Be hopeful that they don't do it.
    Last edited by Camarofan; 08-09-2006 at 03:25 AM.

  10. #30
    Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    716

    Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

    How do we know that this slip is you vs. an f body, You probally raced a 95 mustang GT or something like that, then thought it sounded cool to say it was a ls1.

    I dont see the car description anywhere on that slip, how about posting some video of the race? or maybe tell us what you really raced, cause there is no ls1 I know of that runs a 15 sec 1/4 mile.(unless he was pulling a jet ski)

    My 8 year old nephew could get into an ls1 car and run a 14 sec 1/4 mile in 100 degree weather at sea level or in the Rocky mountains.

    Seriously, all the magazines that tested the 98-02 ls1 got 13.3 to 13.8 in there test over the years (ram air and regular T/A), so dont tell me a 300+ horsepower car that weighs 3300 lbs ran a 15 sec quarter, Im not buying it, but I do believe your quarter time of 14.6, which sucks!!

    I have ran 13.2 several times with only a KNN, programmer, and exhaust. So I got 2 words for ya: SUCK IT

    By the way, you are on a website called LS1.com not 4.6 P.O.S. dot com!

  11. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Age
    49
    Posts
    134

    Torrid Red
    05 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan View Post
    The only way to settle any of this is to line em up. I can't line up with most on this forum, but if there are any in the Denver area with similar mods, then bring it to bandimere speedway. I don't care who ran what, when it's time to line em up, you can forget what you've heard or seen, it's time to dance.
    What mods do you have anyway? Ive gone up against several new GTs and the outcome is always the same, they lose.

  12. #32
    ls1devil lt1dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    67

    Black
    1999 ls1

    So now you are bringing up old against new. sorry so burst your bubble but evey year the f-body was out the mustang went down same out come with the new camaro and your mustang. same out come now your car is brand new our cars are few years old who builds a better motor now. You are right on one thing you do have a lil 4.6 3 valve that is weak

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Age
    49
    Posts
    134

    Torrid Red
    05 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan View Post
    Now you use my mods as an excuse, you can talk to my friend at work that spanked an SS BONE STOCK. 98-02 ls1's are awesome motors, but you're no vette. You're in my league. The lil 4.6 3 valve can run ya. When the Boss 302 5.0 comes out(390hp), what's going to be up then? Yep, the boss 302 is coming back. It's going for the new Maro though. I'll try and leave the thread alone so you can go back to lying again, but I just want to say that there is no way these cars are matched the way you guys are saying. I can definately see an LS1 beating an 05-07 stang, but I can also see vice versa and I have seen it. I don't go onto the Viper or Vette forums saying I can spank them because I know that those cars are in a different league. LS1's are not in that league. It would be nice to be there, but you're not. You are 13 second cars just like us. You can run some twelves here and there, but you don't average that. You're 13 second cars stock. But you guys come stock with more tire than us, which should help you in your 60. Plus, if the 05/07 stang is driven the way it's supposed to be driven, it spins a lot with a person who's good running through his gears. There are plenty of stangs with a simple tire mod that have dipped into the 12's. Can the 4.6 hang with the 5.7 mod for mod? It shouldn't be able to. Our 5.0 is going to wax the track with you guys, so you'd better step up the the LS2 or something. If that's not enough, maybe Ford will go with the 5.4 liter 4 valve. According to what Ford has done with the 4.6, you guys would be Civics for us then. They're flirting with the Idea now. Be hopeful that they don't do it.
    "Our 5.0" huh, you own stock in Ford? Seriously, from the beginning Chevy's have always outpowered Fords. Ford has a terrible history of underpowering their cars, if you wanted hi horsepower you had to pay a lot extra, not so with Chevy. You can talk about the new Boss Stang all you want, they bring back the Camaro and put the LS2 in it the only thing that will catch it is the Cobra. If they have the LS7 on the option list the only thing the Cobra will see is tail lights.
    Last edited by Jason05GTO; 08-09-2006 at 12:31 PM.

  14. #34
    Gold Member BlwnCamaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Las Cruces,NM
    Age
    40
    Posts
    473

    Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan View Post
    Now you use my mods as an excuse, you can talk to my friend at work that spanked an SS BONE STOCK. 98-02 ls1's are awesome motors, but you're no vette. You're in my league. The lil 4.6 3 valve can run ya. When the Boss 302 5.0 comes out(390hp), what's going to be up then? Yep, the boss 302 is coming back. It's going for the new Maro though. I'll try and leave the thread alone so you can go back to lying again, but I just want to say that there is no way these cars are matched the way you guys are saying. I can definately see an LS1 beating an 05-07 stang, but I can also see vice versa and I have seen it. I don't go onto the Viper or Vette forums saying I can spank them because I know that those cars are in a different league. LS1's are not in that league. It would be nice to be there, but you're not. You are 13 second cars just like us. You can run some twelves here and there, but you don't average that. You're 13 second cars stock. But you guys come stock with more tire than us, which should help you in your 60. Plus, if the 05/07 stang is driven the way it's supposed to be driven, it spins a lot with a person who's good running through his gears. There are plenty of stangs with a simple tire mod that have dipped into the 12's. Can the 4.6 hang with the 5.7 mod for mod? It shouldn't be able to. Our 5.0 is going to wax the track with you guys, so you'd better step up the the LS2 or something. If that's not enough, maybe Ford will go with the 5.4 liter 4 valve. According to what Ford has done with the 4.6, you guys would be Civics for us then. They're flirting with the Idea now. Be hopeful that they don't do it.
    Dude your so full of BS that your delusions don't even justify taking the time to make a response. Like I said go back to svo.com or something.

  15. #35
    Senior Member illcul8troffcr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,344

    Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by BlwnCamaro View Post
    No its because camarofan drives a new mustang and hijacked 99bluez's mustang kill post by saying he destroyed an fbody but his car only runs 14.6@94 and he's modded. Look at first page. So we were talking to camarofan not 99bluez.
    Oh I see .. let the bashing procede then haha

  16. #36
    Senior Member illcul8troffcr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,344

    Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by BWA2110 View Post
    Congratulations with your 05 Mustang, but I don't really care. This is LS1 forums not the Fix Or Repair Daily forum. But yea congratulations your 30K car beating a 10k car. Good job.
    I went and found the post I was talking about I think it was this one. He just read it wrong I guess

  17. #37
    Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    716

    Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

    Did you guys know that the 1/4 mile times on the 94-98 mustang GT are barely better than the 1/4 mile times on the 95-2002: 200 horsepower v6 camaros? As a matter of fact I personaly watched a 96 V6 camaro with only a knn and exhaust beat a 97 GT by a nose, then the mustang just left, without coming back to our group of people gathered in the parking lot. He must have been so embarassed!

    The GT's had only 225 horse- 0-60 in 6.8 secs 1/4 mile 15.2 secs
    The v6 200 horse camaro- 0-60 in 7.3 secs 1/4 mile 15.5 secs

    Interesting or rediculous?
    Last edited by preston1980; 08-09-2006 at 11:16 PM.

  18. #38
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Quote Originally Posted by BlwnCamaro View Post
    Dude your so full of BS that your delusions don't even justify taking the time to make a response. Like I said go back to svo.com or something.
    I will continue to spank more fbody's.

  19. #39
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Judging by the responses, you guys didn't like the truth. I'll say it again. Sorry to reveal it to ya, but you are 13 second cars stock. You are not C6 or even C5 vettes. You don't run deep into the 12's stock. You cannot defeat the 05/07 Stangs like you used to beat the other stangs in the past. This isn't the 2valve 260hp version. Most of you bragging about beating stangs by buslengths are lying or modded because that's not possible because the cars are matched better than that. If you did so, you probably started in 2nd and the other guy was in 4th or some Sh*% because you waste Civics by buslengths, not an 05 stang. I've raced cars that have the power to put buslengths on me and they have 400+RWHP. Stock Ls1's don't put that down on the dyno. You can find an ls1 that has run a 12 here and there, though I've never seen it, but I'll give you that because I happen to like Camaro's. Once the modding begins, you can become incredibly fast though, I will say that(see, a compliment). But any car can become incredibly fast depending on what you do to it. The streets will be fun though when the New Maro comes out and the Boss comes to challenge it. 10 horsepower isn't enough to put buslengths on anyone. This is what makes me know that some of you are full of it and need a spanking on the track. I will take it out on the one's up here that cross me. Once I get my mods in order, I'll be going for the big dog LS1's. We already have some boyz deep in the 10's. Can't wait.

  20. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Age
    49
    Posts
    134

    Torrid Red
    05 GTO

    According to your logic, a stock 400hp LS2 Vette shouldnt be able to outperform a stock 500hp Cobra, but it does. Faster quarter mile times, higher top speed, everything, so unless "your" Boss can outrun the new Cobra (which I doubt) you are once again smoking crack.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Mustang gt's??
    By Transamws6 in forum Domestics and Foreigns
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 01-16-2010, 06:28 AM
  2. 05 Red Mustang GT
    By Z06-Goose in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 09:39 PM
  3. ls1 vs mustang gt
    By midnightnavyz28 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-05-2009, 05:56 PM
  4. here's my mustang...
    By sit_back in forum Member's Rides
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-07-2006, 08:42 PM
  5. 06 Mustang GT vs. 99 z28
    By raybroussard in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-10-2006, 01:51 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •