Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 150

99 Z28 v.s. 06 Mustang GT?

This is a discussion on 99 Z28 v.s. 06 Mustang GT? within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by BlwnCamaro Thats bull man my stock m6 98 z28 has pulled more than a couple 05/06 Gts ...

  1. #121
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Quote Originally Posted by BlwnCamaro
    Thats bull man my stock m6 98 z28 has pulled more than a couple 05/06 Gts the whole way through the quarter on several occasions and convincingly on a 05/06 saleen package mustang (n/a). My experience is right in line with most ls1 owners, just face it the 98 up fbody is considerably faster in most cases than the new gt mustang.
    I would admit it if I hadn't driven an Ls1 myself. I know this is a camaro forum, but I'm just telling the truth. On this forum, most are going to be saying how they smoked an 05 by ten car lengths and stuff. On the mustang forums, they post about beating camaro's. In both situations, it's about mods. The Ls1 stock vs. stock, I believe you would win by about a car length, if driven right. You wouldn't win like the nonsense I hear on this forum. You wouldn't pull on me from the start like that unless I blew the launch. That is a guarantee. As you can see with my username, I love camaro's, but I'm not on here lying. I've seen some weird stuff while at the track, so I know I can't go entirely on what I see there. I've seen 04 Cobras run 14's. You have to have the good driver mod, period.
    The 98 is the one I've driven. These numbers could be different on any given day.
    The site didn't have numbers on the following year Camaro's
    1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 5.2 13.7
    1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 5.2 13.6
    2005 Ford Mustang GT 4.6L V8 5.1 13.5 (MT Jan 05)
    Last edited by Camarofan; 05-08-2006 at 11:28 AM.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by BlwnCamaro
    Thats bull man my stock m6 98 z28 has pulled more than a couple 05/06 Gts the whole way through the quarter on several occasions and convincingly on a 05/06 saleen package mustang (n/a). My experience is right in line with most ls1 owners, just face it the 98 up fbody is considerably faster in most cases than the new gt mustang.
    I agree. I have yet to see one 05 mustang,stock,pull off the numbers I ran in my LS1's when they where stock. None of my friends in their 05's have ran times even close to mine.
    Not taking away from the car but the truth is the truth.

  3. #123
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    I have admitted several times that the f-body is faster. I was just raising the B.S. flag about them being no threat at all. If an f-body Ls1 lines up next to me at the track, he or she better not take me lightly. There is less room for error with this stang.

  4. #124
    Hark_Z
    Guest
    ^ I just dont like how you underestimate LT1's. I'd be more than happy to catch you on the street with my 3.73's, shift kit, and 3400 stall. Good luck~~~ !!

    Not tryin to be a jerk just saying its hard to read that how you dont even look at them. On the street I can own LS1's..Just not races from 90+ (Who really cares!!!)

  5. #125
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark_Z
    ^ I just dont like how you underestimate LT1's. I'd be more than happy to catch you on the street with my 3.73's, shift kit, and 3400 stall. Good luck~~~ !!

    Not tryin to be a jerk just saying its hard to read that how you dont even look at them. On the street I can own LS1's..Just not races from 90+ (Who really cares!!!)
    I would love to meet a lot of these guys on the street, Esp when I get my 4.10's/Heads cams and full exhaust installed. Right now, the majority of ls1's, and maybe some Lt1's are going to beat me until I can catch them with some type of mod combo of my own. Most are bragging about beating the new stangs that are stock. I'll find out what's up tomorrow when I hit the track. I'll be looking for some there and see if they want to run. Unfortunately, I have a list of Eclipses, Hondas, and the usual rice kills. Those guys love abuse. I just recently got my friends EVO when I installed my CAI and had it tuned.
    Last edited by Camarofan; 05-09-2006 at 11:19 AM.

  6. #126
    Senior Member Musclefan21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    1,155

    1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    MAN, 05-06 gt cant fight with stock LS1s. they are quciker from a dig but at the second gear and up GAME OVER!!! even those05-06 v6 stangs are so qucik at the first gear..

  7. #127
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Quote Originally Posted by doodad.
    MAN, 05-06 gt cant fight with stock LS1s. they are quciker from a dig but at the second gear and up GAME OVER!!! even those05-06 v6 stangs are so qucik at the first gear..

    1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 5.2 13.7
    1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 5.2 13.6
    2005 Ford Mustang GT 4.6L V8 5.1 13.5
    Maybe the 2000 and up Ls1's are quicker. I couldn't get that info. On any given day, an Ls1 can and I'm sure will lose to an 05/06 stang.

  8. #128
    SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lost in Texas
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,683

    Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

    Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan
    1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 5.2 13.7
    1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 5.2 13.6
    2005 Ford Mustang GT 4.6L V8 5.1 13.5
    Maybe the 2000 and up Ls1's are quicker. I couldn't get that info. On any given day, an Ls1 can and I'm sure will lose to an 05/06 stang.
    Stop the magazine racing and let this thread die

    you are seriously the main reason this thread made it halfway as far as it did. If you don't like what we say than go out on the street and stomp some LS1 ass, what better way to make us feel stupid right Until you or one of your new stang GT friends beats me, which you won't cause I've beaten several already, I'll side with you. Magazine numbers don't do you any good when we're pulling 05s and 06s on the street everyday.
    Last edited by oneBADDz; 05-09-2006 at 10:32 PM.

  9. #129
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz
    Stop the magazine racing and let this thread die

    you are seriously the main reason this thread made it halfway as far as it did. If you don't like what we say than go out on the street and stomp some LS1 ass, what better way to make us feel stupid right Until you or one of your new stang GT friends beats me, which you won't cause I've beaten several already, I'll side with you. Magazine numbers don't do you any good when we're pulling 05s and 06s on the street everyday.
    What did I do? Okay, okay, i'm guilty for defending my car. Trust me, I will stomp some Ls1 ass and sometimes, get stomped. I can admit that. They are now coming out with some nice comp cams for my stang. I'll be sure to seek out the unbeatable Ls1, K? So it's okay to talk about beating the 05/06's by half a mile in a 1/4 race and I can't call B.S? Heck, infinity G35 guys are saying they beat the 05/06's too. 350Z guys to too. I call B.S. where It needs to be called. No Ls1 can line up beside me and think he's not going to have a race. I don't care how many people you've raced.Sorry One of my friends at work has an 05GT and hasn't beat me yet.
    Last edited by Camarofan; 05-09-2006 at 11:01 PM.

  10. #130
    Senior Member Danger731's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    6,712
    can we ALL go to bed now ?
    04 C5 A4 Torch Red

    2009 CTS4 Ice Black

    2013 1500 Silverado Z71

    02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

  11. #131
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Quote Originally Posted by Danger731
    can we ALL go to bed now ?
    Yes, we can It's all in a good/clean competition mindset for me.

  12. #132
    SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lost in Texas
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,683

    Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

    Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan
    What did I do? Okay, okay, i'm guilty for defending my car. Trust me, I will stomp some Ls1 ass and sometimes, get stomped. I can admit that. They are now coming out with some nice comp cams for my stang. I'll be sure to seek out the unbeatable Ls1, K? So it's okay to talk about beating the 05/06's by half a mile in a 1/4 race and I can't call B.S? Heck, infinity G35 guys are saying they beat the 05/06's too. 350Z guys to too. I call B.S. where It needs to be called. No Ls1 can line up beside me and think he's not going to have a race. I don't care how many people you've raced.Sorry One of my friends at work has an 05GT and hasn't beat me yet.
    I've defended them against the people that say they are not worth racing too, you dont remember any of that do you? I never said anything about unbeatable, I never said the new GTs suck, remember that thing you were talking about called the TRUTH? The truth is that with equal drivers the LS1 wins, not by a landslide, but it wins. A good driver in a new GT will beat a poorly driven LS1, is that what you want to hear? car for car the LS1 is faster but you keep bringing up the driver thing. Who gives a shit, the fact that you can drive doesn't actually make your car faster than it is. CAR FOR CAR the LS1 is faster, driver for driver doesn't change that. Thanks, come again

  13. #133
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz
    I've defended them against the people that say they are not worth racing too, you dont remember any of that do you? I never said anything about unbeatable, I never said the new GTs suck, remember that thing you were talking about called the TRUTH? The truth is that with equal drivers the LS1 wins, not by a landslide, but it wins. A good driver in a new GT will beat a poorly driven LS1, is that what you want to hear? car for car the LS1 is faster but you keep bringing up the driver thing. Who gives a shit, the fact that you can drive doesn't actually make your car faster than it is. CAR FOR CAR the LS1 is faster, driver for driver doesn't change that. Thanks, come again
    Before I comment, let me say this. Look at my username. I don't hate Camaro's. In fact, you have a nice one. I looked at your profile, but NO. I can't say that an Ls1 car for car is faster because I've heard too many things from both sides. I've heard guys getting 4.6 0 to 60's in the 05's. I've heard of Ws6 kills in an intake/exhaust/tuned 05. I've heard ls1's smoking the 05/06's. I'll be the proud owner of the ls2 Camaro when it comes out. I'm sure I'll be defending it when the ls1/ws6/350z/infinity boyz talk about smoking it too. I'll try to control myself and let this thread die now.

  14. #134
    Senior Member Musclefan21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    1,155

    1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz
    Stop the magazine racing and let this thread die

    you are seriously the main reason this thread made it halfway as far as it did. If you don't like what we say than go out on the street and stomp some LS1 ass, what better way to make us feel stupid right Until you or one of your new stang GT friends beats me, which you won't cause I've beaten several already, I'll side with you. Magazine numbers don't do you any good when we're pulling 05s and 06s on the street everyday.
    man, he is telling the trurth. so dont blame him... whe l said GT cant fight with LS1. l didnt mean LS1 would kill or blows gts doors off.. l mean LS1 will beat 05 Gs (both ok driver).

  15. #135
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Quote Originally Posted by doodad.
    man, he is telling the trurth. so dont blame him... whe l said GT cant fight with LS1. l didnt mean LS1 would kill or blows gts doors off.. l mean LS1 will beat 05 Gs (both ok driver).
    Well, today was the first day ever for me at a track. Were here at 5800 ft. I've done all my races previously on the street. I did what I said I would do. I approached an Ls1 Camaro SS guy that appeared close to stock. I asked him what he had done and he said he had an intake and some gears. I have an intake and a tune. I asked him to look for me and we could run em. We got a chance to line up and I blew it. I rolled/red lighted and didn't launch my car, instead, I bogged down after I tried to restart. He shot out past me about 2 cars and held it until we did the 2/3 shift and surprisingly, I was creeping up on him! I thought that he would have just opened the gap further. I think I would have gotten him if I had not screwed up. Fair enough though, a win is a win, but I'm not convinced that the car is superior. There are still some unanswered questions. The whole day, my reaction times were decent with my best one being .010, I just didn't do it when I raced him. I didn't get a chance to race him again, but now I know for sure the mighty ls1 can be beaten by the lil ole 05/06 stang. In fact, my friends 05 with an axle back exhaust spanked a z28 ls1(2 cars). Don't get me wrong, there were ls1's kicking some butt!!! Many impressive ones!!! When I get my 4.10's/exhaust and tires, I'm going to be more than a legitimate threat to the mighty ls1. Stage 2 cams will be soon also. Timewise, I beat a lot of ls1's and a lot of ls1's beat my times. They are pretty close stock for stock. That's my experience. I got smoked more severly by some sti's and evos . I need boost.

  16. #136
    SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lost in Texas
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,683

    Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

    That isn't too odd. The three I have ran scared me down low and by the 2/3 they were behind me about a car. I ran one several times from a dig and from a roll and off the line was when he would do the best, he'd actually get his back bumper to my front off the line and it'd take me into 2nd to get right next to him. There was no stopping my pull though, he was very impressive with the standard (mine's an auto) but he never dreamt of stopping my pull. By 100 it was about 2 cars every race, not a blowout by any means if I had a standard and messed up he probably would have won. I was totally stock minus catback, no K&N no lid, nothing but catback. I'm not totally surprised you were pulling up on him with your tune, the stock tune left TONS of room for improvement on those things, I've heard 15-20 at the wheels with a good tune, don't know from experience though. That would make for an even-ish race. I raced one with exhaust when I was stock too, and it wasn't any quicker than the stock one, I think you need to get a little deeper into the mods before opening up the exhaust is 100% necessary

  17. #137
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz
    That isn't too odd. The three I have ran scared me down low and by the 2/3 they were behind me about a car. I ran one several times from a dig and from a roll and off the line was when he would do the best, he'd actually get his back bumper to my front off the line and it'd take me into 2nd to get right next to him. There was no stopping my pull though, he was very impressive with the standard (mine's an auto) but he never dreamt of stopping my pull. By 100 it was about 2 cars every race, not a blowout by any means if I had a standard and messed up he probably would have won. I was totally stock minus catback, no K&N no lid, nothing but catback. I'm not totally surprised you were pulling up on him with your tune, the stock tune left TONS of room for improvement on those things, I've heard 15-20 at the wheels with a good tune, don't know from experience though. That would make for an even-ish race. I raced one with exhaust when I was stock too, and it wasn't any quicker than the stock one, I think you need to get a little deeper into the mods before opening up the exhaust is 100% necessary
    With all that has been said,In my honest opinion, I have always said that I think the f-body, some of you won't like this, but I think the f-body is made for high speed. Just simply look at the Stangs aerodynamics vs. the f-body. Which one is made for higher speeds? You all have vette like characteristics. That's my honest opinion, because the stock numbers are very close. Both are awesome cars, I think. I'm just a fan of the big three. Peace

  18. #138
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chicago's Southside
    Age
    32
    Posts
    54

    Onyx Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 FOR SALE

    Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan
    Well, I have an 05, and I've driven a 98 LS1 that my best friend used to have. I'll tell you this. It feels like this stang can launch better and will hold the lead for about the first two gears, BUT I think the LS1 will still pull ahead barely stock for stock. This stang will COMPLETELY DESTROY the other stangs stock, not to insult the other generations(stangs). I'm still wondering why Ford is lazy about throwing away the 4.6. We need the 5.4 .
    Amen....it makes the older Mustangs look and feel little Radio Flyer wagons. The 3V is a badass motor. The 5.4 isn't all it's cracked up to be though. It is nice, it does make more torque, however it is just not nearly as high-revving of a motor as the 4.6. This may not matter much to you, but I love high RPM's. Either way the 3V even makes the 4V looks bad.

  19. #139
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chicago's Southside
    Age
    32
    Posts
    54

    Onyx Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 FOR SALE

    Quote Originally Posted by robb4964
    Nor could it handle the top end of an LS1.
    It's damn close.

    And as far as A5 vs. M5, I've driven both and I like the auto much better. Even with stock gearing and a stock stall, there are very few deadspots, it always downshifts enough to accelerate pretty well and 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears are lightning fast. Not so much with the M5. Racing a stock LS1, I could see the GT having the lead in the first 2 or 3 gears, and yeah, top end the LS1 will pull, but not hard at all. I've seen it.

  20. #140
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chicago's Southside
    Age
    32
    Posts
    54

    Onyx Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 FOR SALE

    Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz
    You're more full of shit than we care to hear buddy. Right beside a 409 rwhp SS through 2 gears? fuckin fuck that's some bullshit. There may be people in here asking how fast they are but there are people in here that already know, and that 409rwhp shit don't fly, tell you're "buddy" to learn to drive. I've got full exhaust and a lid and had an 06 accuse me of playing with giggly juice on him the other night I pulled his ass so hard. You're right that they are quick off the line, but by the end of first gear they have been reeled back in by a stock LS1
    ^----ignorant

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Mustang gt's??
    By Transamws6 in forum Domestics and Foreigns
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 01-16-2010, 06:28 AM
  2. 05 Red Mustang GT
    By Z06-Goose in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 09:39 PM
  3. ls1 vs mustang gt
    By midnightnavyz28 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-05-2009, 05:56 PM
  4. here's my mustang...
    By sit_back in forum Member's Rides
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-07-2006, 08:42 PM
  5. 06 Mustang GT vs. 99 z28
    By raybroussard in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-10-2006, 01:51 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •