Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Black
    1999 Z28

99 Z28 v.s. 06 Mustang GT?

Hey guys I was wondering if any of you have raced the new mustangs? I have a 99ls1 that’s got a little work done to it. i.e: yank2800stall, HD rebuilt 4l60e, cold air with lid, LT headers, x pipe, and all your basic free mods. I haven’t taken it to the track yet, so I have no clue as to the times its running.

Anyways I know a guy who has a 06 gt auto with headers & catback, 3.73 gear, and what ever intake mods one does to a new stang. He seems kind of cocky,,,”I had a camaro and thought it was fast until I got this thing,” riiiiiiight I thought.

My question is, are these new mustangs as slow as the older ones, I remember driving a bullet mustang and it barley broke the tires loose. Thanks Guys

aPerfectTransAM
    I beat a stock 06 GT with just free mods, lid, and bellow....

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by sloLS1

My question is, are these new mustangs as slow as the older ones, I remember driving a bullet mustang and it barley broke the tires loose. Thanks Guys
    Well, I have an 05, and I've driven a 98 LS1 that my best friend used to have. I'll tell you this. It feels like this stang can launch better and will hold the lead for about the first two gears, BUT I think the LS1 will still pull ahead barely stock for stock. This stang will COMPLETELY DESTROY the other stangs stock, not to insult the other generations(stangs). I'm still wondering why Ford is lazy about throwing away the 4.6. We need the 5.4 .

NBM
    '00 Z28

I've only had a chance to race a new Mustang from a roll on the highway. From 50-110 the guy couldn't stay closer than 2 cars. They're better than the older stangs, but they still can't beat the highway monster LS1 stock for stock.

I haven't had the opportunity to race one from a dig yet.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

black
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6

That Camaro sure looked stock, and I didn't hear any exhaust sounds, so it probably was stock. And it pretty much beat that Mustang, or at least was even with it. Not too bad.

NBM
    '00 Z28

good races.

Was it me, or did the Z-28 sound like it had an A4? If so, it would definitely explain the outcome of the race from a 20mph roll.

Hank22802
    All I have to say is no one can out shift a computer. I have an '01 A4 with headers and borla exhaust and 3.73 gears running 12.7 trapping 111 mph. I saw that the stang had pulleys, intake, 4.10 gears and exhaust. If the z would had any free mods done to it, the stang would have had a chance.

NBM
    '00 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Hank22802
    All I have to say is no one can out shift a computer. I have an '01 A4 with headers and borla exhaust and 3.73 gears running 12.7 trapping 111 mph. I saw that the stang had pulleys, intake, 4.10 gears and exhaust. If the z would had any free mods done to it, the stang would have had a chance.
    Are you kidding? No one can outshift a computer? Sorry, but most computers are still thinking about what it's going to do and how it's going to do it by the time I've already got into the gear I want to be in. Fine example, try punching it in a Z28 A4 at 43 mph and see what happens. It wont go to 1st.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

I want to run an LS1 that's close to stock in mine. Not trying to be too cocky, but the guy in the vid did not run through his gears as smooth as it can be done. I believe I could take the yellow stang in the vid. I have raced my parter's Camaro SS with 409HP at the wheels(Denver Altitude). He told me he was suprised that I was with him as long as I was(He had traction problems too). After that, the Ls1 3rd and 4th gear took control of the race I'm going to race him again after my CAI and Tune to see the difference.

Hank22802
    How many times have you seen a video where someone says oh, I missed 2nd gear or oh, I missed 3rd gear. I have never heard guys with an a4 say that.

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Wow, with those mods this is easy, you'll win easily as long as you can hook. You'll definitely get the hole shot with that converter, and you'll probably pull harder anyways. I don't know what the others in this thread are talking about this being close, cause it's not going to be close at all.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan
    I want to run an LS1 that's close to stock in mine. Not trying to be too cocky, but the guy in the vid did not run through his gears as smooth as it can be done. I believe I could take the yellow stang in the vid. I have raced my parter's Camaro SS with 409HP at the wheels(Denver Altitude). He told me he was suprised that I was with him as long as I was(He had traction problems too). After that, the Ls1 3rd and 4th gear took control of the race I'm going to race him again after my CAI and Tune to see the difference.
    Well tell us where you live

They usually get off the line better than an LS1 f-body, and hold about a length till 60-70 strong, but the LS1 takes over from there
    Last edited by oneBADDz; 03-16-2006 at 03:04 PM.

Blue
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

I raced my uncles 05 A5 Stage 1 Roush Mustang which is basically an GT with a body kit and I think Freer flowing Exhaust and his has 20 inch cobra R rims with my stock 99 A4 T/A we both had passenger of equal weight and raced from a dig twice the first race my car hooked alright he had me by a half car out of the whole but by the top of 2nd gear I had him by a car and was pulling when we both shut down the second time my car was spinning real bad and he got two cars give or take out of the whole and I caught him again but just before the end of the 1/4 but i'm sure if we race the full 1/4 I probably would beat him by 3-5 cars if my car doesn't spin much but spinning maybe a car give or take but they leave pretty good they don't spin much like our cars do and I know the M5's are quicker than the A5's and I've heard of them running low 13's with a decent driver stock but if you leave decently or spin even though if he's a good driver he will probably still have you out of the whole because they are pretty quick 0-60 but I'm almost sure you should beat him once your ls1 hits it sweet spot up top. Good Luck.
    Last edited by 99BlueTA; 03-16-2006 at 04:39 PM.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    Well tell us where you live

They usually get off the line better than an LS1 f-body, and hold about a length till 60-70 strong, but the LS1 takes over from there
    I'm in the Mile high City. Yep, the Stang is fast through first and second, but it has a weak 3rd, 4th, and 5th. If I put 4.10's in it, it'll help a lot.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

I blew a new supercharged saleen (stock, not extreme) off the road with the mods listed below. Twice.
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

Torrid Red
    05 GTO

My girlfriend has an 05 GT with an auto tranny, it is really quick at take-off, but cant hang with me higher speeds. The 4.6 cant match the top end power of the LS2.

NBM
    '00 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Hank22802
    How many times have you seen a video where someone says oh, I missed 2nd gear or oh, I missed 3rd gear. I have never heard guys with an a4 say that.
    I've got the Hurst shifter that came in mine and I've never, EVER, missed a gear.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    I Still Got My Money On The Ls1

Quote Originally Posted by sloLS1
    Hey guys I was wondering if any of you have raced the new mustangs? I have a 99ls1 that’s got a little work done to it. i.e: yank2800stall, HD rebuilt 4l60e, cold air with lid, LT headers, x pipe, and all your basic free mods. I haven’t taken it to the track yet, so I have no clue as to the times its running.

Anyways I know a guy who has a 06 gt auto with headers & catback, 3.73 gear, and what ever intake mods one does to a new stang. He seems kind of cocky,,,”I had a camaro and thought it was fast until I got this thing,” riiiiiiight I thought.

You will destroy this car man. Do not sweat it!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information