Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 150

99 Z28 v.s. 06 Mustang GT?

This is a discussion on 99 Z28 v.s. 06 Mustang GT? within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Camarofan Well, your friend is wrong about that if you both are close to stock. I know ...

  1. #61
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Research Triangle Park, NC
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,812

    Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan
    Well, your friend is wrong about that if you both are close to stock. I know that. You have an SS. My thing is to the z28 boyz. They aren't all that they say they are. I've driven one.They are acting like the 05/06's are no comp.
    I wouldn't say they were no competition. I ran a new supercharged saleen (not extreme), and busted him twice. Left him by a bus length the second time, and he had a blower on that one, it was stock though, and mine is heavily modded. If he puts a pulley on it and gears, then it will be a close race.

    I don't think there is much difference between the SS and the Z28 Camarofan, except it might weigh a little more because of the hood and bigger wheels.

    (EDIT) And it prolly makes a little more power because of the ram air and better exhaust.
    Last edited by Roastem; 04-06-2006 at 11:19 AM.

  2. #62
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Research Triangle Park, NC
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,812

    Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan
    I can relate. After all this talk that we've been talking about, I bet you didn't know that I was looking for either an SS or a Ws6 before I bought my stang. I was mad a GM for discontinuing the Camaro and playing around with these Cobalts and stuff. BUT, When the new Camaro comes out, I will target one.
    I wouldn't mind owning a new GT :bulletproof vest: I rented a lowly V6 a couple months ago, and it had surprising power, and it was comfy. I bet with a full bassani exhaust, the GT would sound real SWEET. I need to test drive a GT. I don't like to post opinions on cars I have never driven the sh*t out of.

    I hope they don't come out with a new Camaro, b/c I plan to keep mine, and if they do it will no longer be viewed as *possibly* a collector's item (like a 69 Camaro). Because, face it...the last four years of the Camaro, even though it was killed by the mustang at dealerships worldwide (and definitely not on the streets), was the best all around camaro ever mass produced.
    Last edited by Roastem; 04-06-2006 at 11:32 AM.

  3. #63
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    commerce twp michigan
    Age
    59
    Posts
    546
    Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan
    Well, your friend is wrong about that if you both are close to stock. I know that. You have an SS. My thing is to the z28 boyz. They aren't all that they say they are. I've driven one.They are acting like the 05/06's are no comp.
    I did not think that ther was that much differance between A SS and a Z.

  4. #64
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Arlington Heights, IL
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44

    red
    2002 Trans Am

    my buddy has an 06 GT bone stock and ran a best time of 13.95 this weekend
    boooo

  5. #65
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    I am being realistic, you talk like putting a s/c on a stang and being fast means something. You s/c and we stay mostly stock and you can beat us, oh man you showed us up there. . . . .
    Mod for mod it will never hang, never. You can supercharge for 5 grand to get what we can with a cam for $500. If you want to say let's put a KB on a gt and see what happens in a race, then why not s/c the LS1 for the sake of comparison? You can't specify a major mod to the stang and compare it to a lightly modded LS1 and start talking shit. You can mod and make it faster. . .ummmmm we all can buddy
    Most of the guys on here are braggin about smoking a stang while racing them with modded cars. Not me. LS1's aren't made to mod in the same way Ford motors are made to mod. Ford has a good relationship with the aftermarket. GM just throws it all out there with little to add onto. I was at the dyno and this GTO club was there. A guy had just put a supercharger on his LS2. The guy dyno'ed at 409 at the wheels here in the mile high(good). I could get around 350 to 400 in this 4.6 out here because of the heads on this Mustang.
    The only reason the mustang cannot hang mod for mod is because of the cubic inches. Trying to compete with a bigger engine N/A would be stupid. Like I said, the 5.4 would compete easily, and I love chevy, I'm just being truthful. I say, however you get your 10 second car, more power to ya. I don't know how these 3valves resond to cams and stuff, but from what I hear, they love to breath. All i'm saying is that you aren't competing with the same 4.6 motor in the stangs you've been used to smoking on the street.

  6. #66
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Quote Originally Posted by QKRDTA3
    my buddy has an 06 GT bone stock and ran a best time of 13.95 this weekend
    boooo
    He should be around 13.4 to about 13.7

  7. #67
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Quote Originally Posted by skar
    I did not think that ther was that much differance between A SS and a Z.
    Thats not what i hear

  8. #68
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Quote Originally Posted by Roastem
    I wouldn't say they were no competition. I ran a new supercharged saleen (not extreme), and busted him twice. Left him by a bus length the second time, and he had a blower on that one, it was stock though, and mine is heavily modded. If he puts a pulley on it and gears, then it will be a close race.
    For some reason, the 05 saleens are weak to be supercharged. A guy on the mustang forums says he can't get out of the 12's, and he's supercharged too. The tune that I have in my stang now is supposed to have me in the 12.9 to about 13.2 ish mark. The place where I got the tune ran a 12.68 with ET street tires. Guys with other blowers are running mid 11's easily. Saleen is watered down for the 05/06's except for the extreme.
    I don't think there is much difference between the SS and the Z28 Camarofan, except it might weigh a little more because of the hood and bigger wheels.

    (EDIT) And it prolly makes a little more power because of the ram air and better exhaust.
    I always believed it was about a 20 to 30 hp difference.
    Last edited by Camarofan; 04-07-2006 at 03:01 AM.

  9. #69
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Quote Originally Posted by Roastem
    I wouldn't mind owning a new GT :bulletproof vest: I rented a lowly V6 a couple months ago, and it had surprising power, and it was comfy. I bet with a full bassani exhaust, the GT would sound real SWEET. I need to test drive a GT. I don't like to post opinions on cars I have never driven the sh*t out of.
    I'm so used to flaming about cars at work that this is normal for me to be in this discussion. I have one co-worker who has an 04 Cobra, another with an 05 like me, and of course my other co-worker/friend with the SS. We are always talking trash. With all the trash talking, I let the Cobra guy drive my car and the SS guy after I did a CAI and tune on it and they both said they like the car. In fact, the Camaro guy says he wishes he could trade in his jeep and get one. He loves it. He wants to drive it again.

    I hope they don't come out with a new Camaro, b/c I plan to keep mine, and if they do it will no longer be viewed as *possibly* a collector's item (like a 69 Camaro). Because, face it...the last four years of the Camaro, even though it was killed by the mustang at dealerships worldwide (and definitely not on the streets), was the best all around camaro ever mass produced.
    Yeah, but that new Camaro is insanely beautiful. I'm hoping GM gives me another chance to buy one.

  10. #70
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Arlington Heights, IL
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44

    red
    2002 Trans Am

    get your facts streight, who made you an expert on LS1s, there are bolt on LS1s running low 12's high11's and you say they dont respond well to mods.
    Just because car and driver says the 06 mustang runs a 13.5 doesnt mean it really consistantly turns that. Opening day at the strip here was this past weekend and if none of them could break out of 13.8 on a 50 degree day at sea level it aint going to happen buddy. oh yeah and I ran a 12.68 on LTs and a stall.

  11. #71
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Research Triangle Park, NC
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,812

    Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan
    Yeah, but that new Camaro is insanely beautiful. I'm hoping GM gives me another chance to buy one.
    Yeah, it is SWEET looking. Like a modern 69 Camaro. That new GT like yours is sweet too, and the new Challenger from Mopar.

  12. #72
    SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lost in Texas
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,683

    Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

    wow, after those posts camarofan, I am out of here, it's obvious that you really are some middle school kid that knows nothing. LS1s aren't built to mod like a stang? GM threw them out there with little to add on to? And you still argue that an SS is notably faster than a Z? You are on an LS1 board man, learn something from it

  13. #73
    HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    BURBANK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan
    I'd love to race a Z28 with equivelant mods. I know I wouldn't get smoked, that's for sure. I've driven a 98 Z28(Ls1) and my 05 stang. My stang would walk the Z28 from 0 till about 80, then the Z28 would inch back throughout the gears because that LS1 has impressive curves on the dyno(flat lines). No prob? I don't think so. If the ls1 slips, the race is lost. I've already raced an SS with 409 RWHP in mine and the guy was shocked to see me beside him throughout the first two gears. Then I was smoked, of course. It's my partner at work. He ragged on me and I told him to talk to me about 10,000 dollars later, much like he's put into his. It's all a mod war. Raising compression, suspension, Cubes, etc.... I'm still a chevy fan though, but for some reason Ford leaves a lot to the aftermarket. I'd can't wait to race the LS1's. If they're not a good driver, beware.
    u are so full of shit im startin to smell it through the computer, i smoke 05 gt's with my full bolt on lt1, 2 were stock, the other 2 has intake, exhaust

  14. #74
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Quote Originally Posted by MIDNITELT1Z
    u are so full of shit im startin to smell it through the computer, i smoke 05 gt's with my full bolt on lt1, 2 were stock, the other 2 has intake, exhaust
    You probably do beat the stock ones. You may be beating the other one's depending on which bolt ons you have. Other than that. An Lt1 has no place against mine, unless he's got some serious cash under the hood. I don't know who you guys are racing, but I see that I'm going to have to post some vids of this summer when I catch some races or something because it does smell through the computer. The debate is where it's coming from.

  15. #75
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    wow, after those posts camarofan, I am out of here, it's obvious that you really are some middle school kid that knows nothing. LS1s aren't built to mod like a stang? GM threw them out there with little to add on to? And you still argue that an SS is notably faster than a Z? You are on an LS1 board man, learn something from it
    LOL, man, I all I know is this. LS1's are great motors, but the truth gets strecthed by several guys on this thread in particular. You make it sound like you have a porsche 911 twin turbos or something. Now, you got guys saying the 05 is no match for LT1's. I got nothing against anybody's car here or anything. Just speaking the truth.

  16. #76
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Quote Originally Posted by Roastem
    Yeah, it is SWEET looking. Like a modern 69 Camaro. That new GT like yours is sweet too, and the new Challenger from Mopar.
    I just got back from a car show last week and when I saw that challenger, my mouth dropped. I have never owned a Mopar, but that one was amazing. They didn't have the Camaro there .

  17. #77
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Quote Originally Posted by Roastem
    Yeah, it is SWEET looking. Like a modern 69 Camaro. That new GT like yours is sweet too, and the new Challenger from Mopar.
    I just got back from a car show last week and when I saw that challenger, my mouth dropped. I have never owned a Mopar, but that one was amazing. They didn't have the Camaro there .

  18. #78
    HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    BURBANK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan
    You probably do beat the stock ones. You may be beating the other one's depending on which bolt ons you have. Other than that. An Lt1 has no place against mine, unless he's got some serious cash under the hood. I don't know who you guys are racing, but I see that I'm going to have to post some vids of this summer when I catch some races or something because it does smell through the computer. The debate is where it's coming from.
    OH REALLY?? WELL THEN...WHAT EXACTLY ARE UR MODS, PLZ ENLIGHTEN ME, N THEN ILL TELL YA MINE, MAYBE U R FASTER WHO KNOWS?? WHATYA GOT

  19. #79
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Arlington Heights, IL
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44

    red
    2002 Trans Am

    hey camarofan shouldnt you be catching the school bus right about now

  20. #80
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Quote Originally Posted by QKRDTA3
    hey camarofan shouldnt you be catching the school bus right about now
    I missed it! Darn it! I'll have to take the stang.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Mustang gt's??
    By Transamws6 in forum Domestics and Foreigns
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 01-16-2010, 06:28 AM
  2. 05 Red Mustang GT
    By Z06-Goose in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 09:39 PM
  3. ls1 vs mustang gt
    By midnightnavyz28 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-05-2009, 05:56 PM
  4. here's my mustang...
    By sit_back in forum Member's Rides
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-07-2006, 08:42 PM
  5. 06 Mustang GT vs. 99 z28
    By raybroussard in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-10-2006, 01:51 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •