Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 150

99 Z28 v.s. 06 Mustang GT?

This is a discussion on 99 Z28 v.s. 06 Mustang GT? within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Camarofan Once I start bolting on the gap will grow bigger. Just the opposite of the way ...

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan
    Once I start bolting on the gap will grow bigger. Just the opposite of the way you believe it will. Yes, yes, indeed you may(I don't know if you have or not 4real) have a 12 second car from the factory maybe, BUT that's due to the fact that GM, which I am a fan of, has got it going on with the 5.7's. Ford does more with less. Just being honest here. It would be fair if they had the 5.4's in the stangs, but it's not their preference. I know for a fact that whatever it is you have under your hood can be beaten, especially by someone like myself. Heck there's some boyz over at the modular fords that I think will mop the floor with you now. I'll be there this time next year. I'll be sure to look up some LS1 boyz like you with no humbling experiences. I'll even provide some vids. No car is unbeatable. LS1's included. Sorry to break that to you. My partner's Camaro most likely would spank a lot of the one's on here talking big talk and he drove my stang today and ADMIT that I could catch him easily with the same amount of money into my car. And he's cocky too. Like I said before, he's beat vipers, AC Cobras, etc....
    Most of you guys pushing any less the 400RWHP will be easy bait for my stang soon. Mark my word. Once these 05/06's are KB'ed, they push 500/600 RWHP easy. I've already seen one push 700 on the dyno. The 3 valve motor pushes out more power than the 4valves in the Cobras. Research it yourselves. It's still early, but most of you LS1's will be humbled soon. I'm going to do my part. It doesn't matter to me whether it's Ford, Chevy, or Mopar, I'm a fan, but none of the three can claim dominance .
    Your buddy beats Vipers and your car can catch his? You are a true idiot.
    And No its not just the opposite either. You cam a mustang then cam an LS1 and guess what? The gap will increase. Can you throw on a set of heads and cam on your 4.6 and have 530HP? No. Can you cam it and get 450 RWHP? No. But it has been done in LS1's.
    BTW, Your saying this car of yours is a LS1 killer? My Buddy has a bone stock LS1 he just ran@ the track and beat 2 of my friends in brand new Mustangs pulling 2.0 60's to his 2.1 and he still beat tham bye .3tenths and 3MPH and he was in a stock automatic.
    Not knocking the mustang but Im a realist. And a N/A 5.4 does not have as much HP as an LS1. LS1's realisticly have 340HP and up.

  2. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    commerce twp michigan
    Age
    59
    Posts
    546
    Must be a mustang thing. Some other ASS at work says is 05 stang GT would kill my 99SS M6.
    He will not race which is ok. With my luck the cops would be waiting any way.
    Havig headers and a ls6 intake installed right now.(car in shop) With subframe and a dyno tune. I will show him the before and after RWHP dyno sheet. Maybe that will shut him up. Not all stang guys are ass holes but seems most are.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by skar
    Must be a mustang thing. Some other ASS at work says is 05 stang GT would kill my 99SS M6.
    He will not race which is ok. With my luck the cops would be waiting any way.
    Havig headers and a ls6 intake installed right now.(car in shop) With subframe and a dyno tune. I will show him the before and after RWHP dyno sheet. Maybe that will shut him up. Not all stang guys are ass holes but seems most are.
    Im just going to ignore him. I Love the new mustangs but reaality hurts some people.One of my best friends has an Awsome,sharp,5 speed 05 and he used to have a 99 Formula M6. He will openly adm,it the LS1 is quite a bit faster. Liter per liter the pony does a fantastic job bt It still is no LS1 beater.

    Some people take the truth as an insult. I like the new GT enough to where I considered buying one as a daily drive before I found out the new Z28 may be coming out so I just bought me another LT1 for the daily awaiting the arrival of the new Z28 to keep the miles off my 99.

  4. #44
    SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lost in Texas
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,683

    Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

    Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan
    Once I start bolting on the gap will grow bigger. Just the opposite of the way you believe it will. Yes, yes, indeed you may(I don't know if you have or not 4real) have a 12 second car from the factory maybe, BUT that's due to the fact that GM, which I am a fan of, has got it going on with the 5.7's. Ford does more with less. Just being honest here. It would be fair if they had the 5.4's in the stangs, but it's not their preference. I know for a fact that whatever it is you have under your hood can be beaten, especially by someone like myself. Heck there's some boyz over at the modular fords that I think will mop the floor with you now. I'll be there this time next year. I'll be sure to look up some LS1 boyz like you with no humbling experiences. I'll even provide some vids. No car is unbeatable. LS1's included. Sorry to break that to you. My partner's Camaro most likely would spank a lot of the one's on here talking big talk and he drove my stang today and ADMIT that I could catch him easily with the same amount of money into my car. And he's cocky too. Like I said before, he's beat vipers, AC Cobras, etc....
    Most of you guys pushing any less the 400RWHP will be easy bait for my stang soon. Mark my word. Once these 05/06's are KB'ed, they push 500/600 RWHP easy. I've already seen one push 700 on the dyno. The 3 valve motor pushes out more power than the 4valves in the Cobras. Research it yourselves. It's still early, but most of you LS1's will be humbled soon. I'm going to do my part. It doesn't matter to me whether it's Ford, Chevy, or Mopar, I'm a fan, but none of the three can claim dominance .
    One post you are bad ass enough to hang with a 400+rwhp LS1, next post it's cause you drive like a pro and he drives like a hoe, and now he's beating vipers ac cobras etc when he could't even beat you? Seriously dude, go enjoy middle school and leave the car talk to your older borther that drives stang.

    Once they are KB'd? Who gives a damn, do they come with one in the trunk ready to put on when you get it home or what? what the hell does that have to do with anything? It's really time to go to school now ain't it, you wouldn't wanna be counted tardy

  5. #45
    SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lost in Texas
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,683

    Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

    p.s. your "buddy" with 409 rwhp that has 10,000 in his car is made up and we know it. For 10 grand he better have h/c/fast intake procharger full exhaust suspension drag slicks tune 200shot and everything, he better be pushing 500-550 without the NNAAAAAAAAAWWWWWSSS with 10 grand in it. . .or were you counting the price of the car in there. . . . . . . . .

  6. #46
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Quote Originally Posted by robb4964
    Your buddy beats Vipers and your car can catch his? You are a true idiot.
    And No its not just the opposite either. You cam a mustang then cam an LS1 and guess what? The gap will increase. Can you throw on a set of heads and cam on your 4.6 and have 530HP? No. Can you cam it and get 450 RWHP? No. But it has been done in LS1's.
    BTW, Your saying this car of yours is a LS1 killer? My Buddy has a bone stock LS1 he just ran@ the track and beat 2 of my friends in brand new Mustangs pulling 2.0 60's to his 2.1 and he still beat tham bye .3tenths and 3MPH and he was in a stock automatic.
    Not knocking the mustang but Im a realist. And a N/A 5.4 does not have as much HP as an LS1. LS1's realisticly have 340HP and up.
    LOLOL. You got my words all wrong. I did NOT say that I caught him in my stang. I said, he was surprised that I was with him through the first two gears. He underestimated my stang and took off without paying attention like he should have and was burning rubber. THEN, he walked away from me like I was going backwards. I'm telling the truth here, relax. No, I cannot throw a cam on mine and get 530 hp. Ford motors don't do that. GM does. Ford leaves our choice of raising compression by forced induction. I could put only 6 pounds of boost in this motor and get those numbers. 8 to 10 pounds in this 3 valve and I can get 550 to 600+ plus in this motor. The mustang 2 valves don't get that. Cams, or boost you are raising compression. Don't get me wrong. I love LS1's. Great motor! BUT you guys on here stretch the truth a little bit on the mustang thing, that's all.

  7. #47
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    p.s. your "buddy" with 409 rwhp that has 10,000 in his car is made up and we know it. For 10 grand he better have h/c/fast intake procharger full exhaust suspension drag slicks tune 200shot and everything, he better be pushing 500-550 without the NNAAAAAAAAAWWWWWSSS with 10 grand in it. . .or were you counting the price of the car in there. . . . . . . . .
    I don't know what kind of tires he has on there, but he's afraid of too much traction without beefing up the rear end first. He said thats coming soon. if he had a computer, I'd get him to verify what i've said here.

  8. #48
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Research Triangle Park, NC
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,812

    Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    p.s. your "buddy" with 409 rwhp that has 10,000 in his car is made up and we know it. For 10 grand he better have h/c/fast intake procharger full exhaust suspension drag slicks tune 200shot and everything, he better be pushing 500-550 without the NNAAAAAAAAAWWWWWSSS with 10 grand in it. . .or were you counting the price of the car in there. . . . . . . . .
    Yeah, 10 grand seems a bit much. Z06 intake is like 300 or so, cam/springs about 500, all installed about 2 or 300. All the bolt-ons, maybe 2 grand with high dollar sh*t. That is still below 5 grand. If he has a supercharger on all that, then yeah 10 grand. But supercharger and all that should be more like 550 rwhp.

    I have to agree with Z_driver on that one Camarofan.

  9. #49
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    One post you are bad ass enough to hang with a 400+rwhp LS1, next post it's cause you drive like a pro and he drives like a hoe, and now he's beating vipers ac cobras etc when he could't even beat you? Seriously dude, go enjoy middle school and leave the car talk to your older borther that drives stang.

    Once they are KB'd? Who gives a damn, do they come with one in the trunk ready to put on when you get it home or what? what the hell does that have to do with anything? It's really time to go to school now ain't it, you wouldn't wanna be counted tardy
    You all apparently didn't read my post correctly, so that's why you are flamin. Anyway, read the entire post.

    Why did I bring up KB? Because most of the guys on her braggin about smoking the 05/06 mustangs have modded their cars while braggin on racing a stock stang. Who gives a damn about a KB'ed 05/06 stang? You will if you race one. I can guarantee that. You will be humbled quickly.
    You talk like the ls1 runs low 10's without mods. Get realistic, you have a better starting point, true, but you can and will be beat.

  10. #50
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Quote Originally Posted by Roastem
    Yeah, 10 grand seems a bit much. Z06 intake is like 300 or so, cam/springs about 500, all installed about 2 or 300. All the bolt-ons, maybe 2 grand with high dollar sh*t. That is still below 5 grand. If he has a supercharger on all that, then yeah 10 grand. But supercharger and all that should be more like 550 rwhp.

    I have to agree with Z_driver on that one Camarofan.
    No, he has aftermarket heads and cam, aftermarket timing chain, etc, and the suspension to back everything up. He races it on circuits. That's why his car has so much money into it. I'd hate to see what he's dyno'in at sea level being here in Denver.
    Last edited by Camarofan; 04-06-2006 at 10:51 AM.

  11. #51
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Quote Originally Posted by skar
    Must be a mustang thing. Some other ASS at work says is 05 stang GT would kill my 99SS M6.
    He will not race which is ok. With my luck the cops would be waiting any way.
    Havig headers and a ls6 intake installed right now.(car in shop) With subframe and a dyno tune. I will show him the before and after RWHP dyno sheet. Maybe that will shut him up. Not all stang guys are ass holes but seems most are.
    Well, your friend is wrong about that if you both are close to stock. I know that. You have an SS. My thing is to the z28 boyz. They aren't all that they say they are. I've driven one.They are acting like the 05/06's are no comp.

  12. #52
    SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lost in Texas
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,683

    Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

    I am being realistic, you talk like putting a s/c on a stang and being fast means something. You s/c and we stay mostly stock and you can beat us, oh man you showed us up there. . . . .
    Mod for mod it will never hang, never. You can supercharge for 5 grand to get what we can with a cam for $500. If you want to say let's put a KB on a gt and see what happens in a race, then why not s/c the LS1 for the sake of comparison? You can't specify a major mod to the stang and compare it to a lightly modded LS1 and start talking shit. You can mod and make it faster. . .ummmmm we all can buddy

  13. #53
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Wow. I thought the Hemi boyz were arrogant. Do you guys think you can destroy all hemi's too with the Ls1's?

  14. #54
    SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lost in Texas
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,683

    Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

    Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan
    Well, your friend is wrong about that if you both are close to stock. I know that. You have an SS. My thing is to the z28 boyz. They aren't all that they say they are. I've driven one.They are acting like the 05/06's are no comp.
    You are saying it's a closer race in a Z28 than it is in an SS. . . . . .

  15. #55
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Research Triangle Park, NC
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,812

    Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan
    LOLOL. You got my words all wrong. I did NOT say that I caught him in my stang. I said, he was surprised that I was with him through the first two gears. He underestimated my stang and took off without paying attention like he should have and was burning rubber. THEN, he walked away from me like I was going backwards. I'm telling the truth here, relax. No, I cannot throw a cam on mine and get 530 hp. Ford motors don't do that. GM does. Ford leaves our choice of raising compression by forced induction. I could put only 6 pounds of boost in this motor and get those numbers. 8 to 10 pounds in this 3 valve and I can get 550 to 600+ plus in this motor. The mustang 2 valves don't get that. Cams, or boost you are raising compression. Don't get me wrong. I love LS1's. Great motor! BUT you guys on here stretch the truth a little bit on the mustang thing, that's all.
    I had a Cobra, and a Z28. The rule of thumb, in my opinion, bolt-ons/cams/heads for the GM stuff, superchargers for the Ford stuff. That is Ford's plan, maybe they got some kind of deal going with the supercharger manufacturer's or sumthin'. Point is, you want a bad ass 3V mustang, then don't even bother with changing cams, stroking and all that crap, just put a blower on it with gears (no less than 4.10) and you will have something that is a real threat to the souped up LS1. Take advantage of those extra valves.

    Ford had the FR500 bolt-ons for my Cobra, but it was way too f*ckin expensive for cams (1500), magnesium intake (3500 bones *Gotdamn*), not counting installation. And for what, 30 rwhp? Screw that dude. A blower cost the same, and gave three to four times as much power, with room for more.

  16. #56
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    You are saying it's a closer race in a Z28 than it is in an SS. . . . . .
    Of course. I said it before and I'll say it again. From about 0 to 80 or so, the 05/06s will get the z28. Then, the 3rd and 4th gear would go the the ls1. BUT if the ls1 doesn't take the race seriously, he's going to get beat, usually because they believe the 05/06's are like their predecessors.

  17. #57
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    I am being realistic, you talk like putting a s/c on a stang and being fast means something. You s/c and we stay mostly stock and you can beat us, oh man you showed us up there. . . . .
    Mod for mod it will never hang, never. You can supercharge for 5 grand to get what we can with a cam for $500. If you want to say let's put a KB on a gt and see what happens in a race, then why not s/c the LS1 for the sake of comparison? You can't specify a major mod to the stang and compare it to a lightly modded LS1 and start talking shit. You can mod and make it faster. . .ummmmm we all can buddy
    Mod for Mod, no. The LS1 is a great engine. But, I do know what I have to do to beat one. If the LS1 was a 4.6 like mine is, then I'd like to see it mod for mod. You have me beat on cubic inches. Yes, If I had a 5.4 in here, I think I could hang mod for mod. Not with the 4.6. It's not that the Ls1 is some engine wonder that automotive science cannot explain. Always remember, you have the mustang beat on Cubes first. That's just Ford's choice. I've seen on the stang forums where the guys are runnin 11.5's at around 118 with very slight mods to their 5.4's that they put in their stangs.

  18. #58
    SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lost in Texas
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,683

    Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

    They're fast, I 've raced a few, one is in the kills section, the other I didn't bother with cause I'm sure they'll start popping up all the time over there. I've stated multiple times on here that they are faster than most guys on here give them credit for. I don't hate stangs, I love the new stangs, I get jealous cause you guys can buy a brand new car and I'm stuck with a discontinued car that Can't be had new anymore. Explain to me why an SS will beat you easier than a Z28? that's just plain wrong

  19. #59
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Quote Originally Posted by Roastem
    The rule of thumb, in my opinion, bolt-ons/cams/heads for the GM stuff, superchargers for the Ford stuff.
    This is a very true statement.

  20. #60
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    They're fast, I 've raced a few, one is in the kills section, the other I didn't bother with cause I'm sure they'll start popping up all the time over there. I've stated multiple times on here that they are faster than most guys on here give them credit for. I don't hate stangs, I love the new stangs, I get jealous cause you guys can buy a brand new car and I'm stuck with a discontinued car that Can't be had new anymore. Explain to me why an SS will beat you easier than a Z28? that's just plain wrong
    I can relate. After all this talk that we've been talking about, I bet you didn't know that I was looking for either an SS or a Ws6 before I bought my stang. I was mad a GM for discontinuing the Camaro and playing around with these Cobalts and stuff. BUT, When the new Camaro comes out, I will target one.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Mustang gt's??
    By Transamws6 in forum Domestics and Foreigns
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 01-16-2010, 06:28 AM
  2. 05 Red Mustang GT
    By Z06-Goose in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 09:39 PM
  3. ls1 vs mustang gt
    By midnightnavyz28 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-05-2009, 05:56 PM
  4. here's my mustang...
    By sit_back in forum Member's Rides
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-07-2006, 08:42 PM
  5. 06 Mustang GT vs. 99 z28
    By raybroussard in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-10-2006, 01:51 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •