Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

99 Z28 v.s. 06 Mustang GT?

This is a discussion on 99 Z28 v.s. 06 Mustang GT? within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Jason05GTO My girlfriend has an 05 GT with an auto tranny, it is really quick at take-off, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jason05GTO
    My girlfriend has an 05 GT with an auto tranny, it is really quick at take-off, but cant hang with me higher speeds. The 4.6 cant match the top end power of the LS2.
    Nor could it handle the top end of an LS1.

BLACK
    S281 SC

i have an 03 sc saleen, 5 speed (9k miles) with x pipe and cb. my buddy just baught a 99 auto trans am (81k miles). slp catback and ram air "functional" hood & lid. with us both spinnin eaqually with not so good tires, it takes every bit of my sc to keep him at my back bumper to my door

Black
    1999 Z28

Thanks guys, I should be getting my new y-pipe from TSP soon. I just got the borla muffler pro xs with single exiting 3 ˝ tip (wanted to look a little different) on today. Now I just need to connect it to my headers and its go time.

Yellow
    2005 GTO

I have a 2000 SS. For sale to buy a 2005 GTO. How much faster is a GTO. Is there really a 80 HP differance?

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan
    I've seen that vid many times before...someone tell me this....how do you do a full walk around of the camaro, look under the hood and have 3 "organized" runs and not know the mods on the ls1? Did he not talk to the driver at all? I think he didn't write them on the vid because judging by the engine bay shot all the camaro had was CAI...and by the egr tube sticking up it was a 98-00 with a ls1 manifold, could of had a modded ls6 manifold but I seriously doubt it. BTW...the enigine is dirty as hell and the air filter looked black...hopefully he at least changes the oil.

I also think it's funny on how vauge the stang owner is on his mods. It says exhaust...so in my mind that means full exhaust including headers. Gears, full exhaust, pullies, intake and still gets walked by a intake only auto ls1 with a RS ghey package that just adds weight. Oh....and all I see is a headrest next to the stang driver. So unless the best camera guy ever is driving the camaro then there's 2 people in the maro and one in the stang. Maybe someone else can see a passenger in the stang but I looked...paused...slow mo....still don't see one.

Ok...enough of the BS excuses I wrote...you'll take the 06 no prob...especially from a dig with your stall

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    I've seen that vid many times before...someone tell me this....how do you do a full walk around of the camaro, look under the hood and have 3 "organized" runs and not know the mods on the ls1? Did he not talk to the driver at all? I think he didn't write them on the vid because judging by the engine bay shot all the camaro had was CAI...and by the egr tube sticking up it was a 98-00 with a ls1 manifold, could of had a modded ls6 manifold but I seriously doubt it. BTW...the enigine is dirty as hell and the air filter looked black...hopefully he at least changes the oil.

I also think it's funny on how vauge the stang owner is on his mods. It says exhaust...so in my mind that means full exhaust including headers. Gears, full exhaust, pullies, intake and still gets walked by a intake only auto ls1 with a RS ghey package that just adds weight. Oh....and all I see is a headrest next to the stang driver. So unless the best camera guy ever is driving the camaro then there's 2 people in the maro and one in the stang. Maybe someone else can see a passenger in the stang but I looked...paused...slow mo....still don't see one.

Ok...enough of the BS excuses I wrote...you'll take the 06 no prob...especially from a dig with your stall
    I'd love to race a Z28 with equivelant mods. I know I wouldn't get smoked, that's for sure. I've driven a 98 Z28(Ls1) and my 05 stang. My stang would walk the Z28 from 0 till about 80, then the Z28 would inch back throughout the gears because that LS1 has impressive curves on the dyno(flat lines). No prob? I don't think so. If the ls1 slips, the race is lost. I've already raced an SS with 409 RWHP in mine and the guy was shocked to see me beside him throughout the first two gears. Then I was smoked, of course. It's my partner at work. He ragged on me and I told him to talk to me about 10,000 dollars later, much like he's put into his. It's all a mod war. Raising compression, suspension, Cubes, etc.... I'm still a chevy fan though, but for some reason Ford leaves a lot to the aftermarket. I'd can't wait to race the LS1's. If they're not a good driver, beware.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

I'd love to race a Z28 with equivelant mods. I know I wouldn't get smoked, that's for sure. I've driven a 98 Z28(Ls1) and my 05 stang. My stang would walk the Z28 from 0 till about 80, then the Z28 would inch back throughout the gears because that LS1 has impressive curves on the dyno(flat lines). No prob? I don't think so. If the ls1 slips, the race is lost. I've already raced an SS with 409 RWHP in mine and the guy was shocked to see me beside him throughout the first two gears. Then I was smoked, of course. It's my partner at work. He ragged on me and I told him to talk to me about 10,000 dollars later, much like he's put into his. It's all a mod war. Raising compression, suspension, Cubes, etc.... I'm still a chevy fan though, but for some reason Ford leaves a lot to the aftermarket. I'd can't wait to race the LS1's. If they're not a good driver, beware.
    You're more full of shit than we care to hear buddy. Right beside a 409 rwhp SS through 2 gears? fuckin fuck that's some bullshit. There may be people in here asking how fast they are but there are people in here that already know, and that 409rwhp shit don't fly, tell you're "buddy" to learn to drive. I've got full exhaust and a lid and had an 06 accuse me of playing with giggly juice on him the other night I pulled his ass so hard. You're right that they are quick off the line, but by the end of first gear they have been reeled back in by a stock LS1

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    You're more full of shit than we care to hear buddy. Right beside a 409 rwhp SS through 2 gears? fuckin fuck that's some bullshit. There may be people in here asking how fast they are but there are people in here that already know, and that 409rwhp shit don't fly, tell you're "buddy" to learn to drive. I've got full exhaust and a lid and had an 06 accuse me of playing with giggly juice on him the other night I pulled his ass so hard. You're right that they are quick off the line, but by the end of first gear they have been reeled back in by a stock LS1

If wheelspin is a problem, which it is with a 372 rwhp Z28, then I know launching a 409 rwhp LS1 can be even trickier. I raced an 00 Z28 M6 with just a catback 3 times this weekend. Good pavement and launch, smoked his ass from start to finish, 2nd, bad pavement, bad launch, I didn't pull past him till early 4th and he was ahead through early 3rd, 3rd race, good pavement, good launch, and ran to 130 and I left him by at least a bus length and I could see both headlights in the rear view at the beginning of 3rd.

If the GT gets a good launch, and the 409 rwhp LS1 gets a bad one, then I could see them being close through 2nd. A good launch by a 409 rwhp LS1 and you will find that 06 GT in the weeds where he landed.

FROM A ROLL IT IS BYE BYE, NO QUESTION

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Racing 101.......If you can't hook, your power don't mean shit. Maybe some day you'll learn that. It happened. Why? Because my friend took me lightly and was suprised like i said. It happens. These things have tested from 4.6 to 5.2 in the 0 to 60. If he launched perfectly, then there would be no way I'd get him, BUT, what you don't understand apparently is that racing is a drivers race also, especially when you get power. That's why I can't wait till I start modding so I can get some kills from those that think they are untouchable. My targets are mainly STI's, EVO's and the likes, but LS1 kills are going to be sweet to although I like the motor, I just have some teaching to do.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

http://www.mrphoto.nt-uploader.com/Z06Killa.wmv

Funny things happen when racing.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

I said tell your buddy to learn to drive didn't I? The fact that your friend can't drive doesn't give you the bragging rights of hanging with a 400+ rwhp car.

Are you kidding? Dude, I already have 4 friends with 05 GT's and none of them are " Smoking" My nearly stock LT1 so how are they gonna smoke an LS1 with 60 More HP and less weight?

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

I said tell your buddy to learn to drive didn't I? The fact that your friend can't drive doesn't give you the bragging rights of hanging with a 400+ rwhp car.
    Actually, he's a good driver for what traction he does have. He races it out here. He's passed vipers and the likes while doing so. My point was, he underestimated me because I was in a stang so he had to adjust his driving to beat me like he should have. I told him as I would anybody that this thing is NOT like the 99's to 04's or whatever. Anyway, I'll meet up with him again when I've put 10,000 into this car much like he has. The word is that these 3valve stangs love to breath and respond well to mods.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by robb4964
    Are you kidding? Dude, I already have 4 friends with 05 GT's and none of them are " Smoking" My nearly stock LT1 so how are they gonna smoke an LS1 with 60 More HP and less weight?
    Well, I'd love to give you a new experience. I'm 2-0 against the 05/06 stangs myself. I still can't land an Ls1. Most of them have a couple years head start with modding. They aren't unbeatable though. As much as I respect them, they aren't unbeatable.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    I'm in the Mile high City. Yep, the Stang is fast through first and second, but it has a weak 3rd, 4th, and 5th. If I put 4.10's in it, it'll help a lot.
    dude save ur breathe my full bolt on lt1 smokes 05 06 stangs ive raced one stock and one with exhaust, intake and took em both ...theyre not slow by any means and are a hell of a lot better than their older models but a ls1 will always have the advantage unless the stang just outmods it by a longshot but they most def can be compared to the ls1 a lot better than their presuccessors

Well, I'd love to give you a new experience. I'm 2-0 against the 05/06 stangs myself. I still can't land an Ls1. Most of them have a couple years head start with modding. They aren't unbeatable though. As much as I respect them, they aren't unbeatable.
    Preach this to someone who might buy it. My LS1 was a 12 second car from the factory and as far as your mod for mod comment about one not smoking you, Go cam your mustang and try to replicate my numbers on the LS1. Its not going to happen.
    Once you start bolting on the gap grows even bigger.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Preach this to someone who might buy it. My LS1 was a 12 second car from the factory and as far as your mod for mod comment about one not smoking you, Go cam your mustang and try to replicate my numbers on the LS1. Its not going to happen.
    Once you start bolting on the gap grows even bigger.
    Once I start bolting on the gap will grow bigger. Just the opposite of the way you believe it will. Yes, yes, indeed you may(I don't know if you have or not 4real) have a 12 second car from the factory maybe, BUT that's due to the fact that GM, which I am a fan of, has got it going on with the 5.7's. Ford does more with less. Just being honest here. It would be fair if they had the 5.4's in the stangs, but it's not their preference. I know for a fact that whatever it is you have under your hood can be beaten, especially by someone like myself. Heck there's some boyz over at the modular fords that I think will mop the floor with you now. I'll be there this time next year. I'll be sure to look up some LS1 boyz like you with no humbling experiences. I'll even provide some vids. No car is unbeatable. LS1's included. Sorry to break that to you. My partner's Camaro most likely would spank a lot of the one's on here talking big talk and he drove my stang today and ADMIT that I could catch him easily with the same amount of money into my car. And he's cocky too. Like I said before, he's beat vipers, AC Cobras, etc....
    Most of you guys pushing any less the 400RWHP will be easy bait for my stang soon. Mark my word. Once these 05/06's are KB'ed, they push 500/600 RWHP easy. I've already seen one push 700 on the dyno. The 3 valve motor pushes out more power than the 4valves in the Cobras. Research it yourselves. It's still early, but most of you LS1's will be humbled soon. I'm going to do my part. It doesn't matter to me whether it's Ford, Chevy, or Mopar, I'm a fan, but none of the three can claim dominance .

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

I just realized that you just said none are smoking your near stock LT1. Man, If I saw an LT1 wanting to race, I wouldn't waste my gas. I want to race an LS1. LT1? I'd race that in my 300zx.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by MIDNITELT1Z
    dude save ur breathe my full bolt on lt1 smokes 05 06 stangs ive raced one stock and one with exhaust, intake and took em both ...theyre not slow by any means and are a hell of a lot better than their older models but a ls1 will always have the advantage unless the stang just outmods it by a longshot but they most def can be compared to the ls1 a lot better than their presuccessors
    I wish someone would try and race me with an LT1. You'd better have some tricks under that hood.

SRT4SC
    Looked like the Z in the video was an auto just by the way the Stang pulled like 3 cars instantly on the last roll.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information