Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

99 Trans Am vs. 05 Supercharged MUSTANG!

This is a discussion on 99 Trans Am vs. 05 Supercharged MUSTANG! within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru I think those body styles are ugly as hell, the mach 1 or 03 cobra ...

Blue/Green Chameleon
    1999 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    I think those body styles are ugly as hell, the mach 1 or 03 cobra looked way better.
    i agree with you 100%, however much i hate mustangs, i love the '03 Cobra. imagine if GM came out with a camaro or trans am that came factory supercharged we would never hear stories of Cobras eating up LS1's

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I like the Mach 1 more then i do the cobra, i dont care for root style superchagers. The mach 1 is a better car in my mind, same motor as a cobra with a better intake and high comp ratio. Those are the only 2 stangs made in the last 30 years i like.

Almost the same motor

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    Almost the same motor
    yep...ALMOST

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Yea personally I would take a mach1 over the cobra, but still wouldn't argue about having a cobra. I rather have a solid rear

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne97 View Post
    I am far from understanding what your motive is. Your comparing cars with about a 40 horsepower difference here, and putting them into the same perspective. The fact is, stock to stock, good driver to good driver, the LS1 is faster. It has more power with comparable weight, therefore, it should be. It seems you are not believeing me for some reason. I hate to do it, but if you wan't to, we can go magazine racin' and end that part of the debate.

I never said the GT was not resectable. Go back and read my post and you will never come across those words. It is a fine automobile, although I would expect it to be a little quicker by now. But, it is respectable.

Lastly, since when did Vortech's become obsene? I've had some amazing experiences with there products. From their S-Trim all the way to the YSi, i've seen it, and have owned two LT1's powered by their T-Trim's. One 583rwhp 383 and another 385 LT1 that hit right under the 600 mark. Both regularly driven street cars that ran very well!
    you have missed the point completely. it was told to you twice, and yet still you failed to comprehend that a new gt is a mid 13 second ride with a decent driver. therefore, if a mid 13 second ride then gets a PROCHARGER i doubt very seriously that it couldnt break into the 12s with alittle bit of boost. the point once again is that saying a stock automatic ls1 can take a PROCHARGED 3v gt is alittle bit erronius. stock ls1 automatics time and time again are mid to low 13 second cars. i have no doubt the OP has a low 13 second car just the way it sits, street radials and all. the point is that i think a procharger could easily make up for the half a second difference between the two cars in STOCK form.

i hate to magazine race so please, please dont bring up #s. the new gts are faster than the old ones, and the old ones ran 14 flats with all but the most embarassing driving.

i wouldnt put a vortech on an LS1, i would get a procharger. irrelevant, but my opinion nonetheless.

nothing against you here, i just grow tired of people thinking that the ls1 can beat anything, any time, any where (not saying thats you).

even though that is usually what happens.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Yea personally I would take a mach1 over the cobra, but still wouldn't argue about having a cobra. I rather have a solid rear
    why?

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    you have missed the point completely. it was told to you twice, and yet still you failed to comprehend that a new gt is a mid 13 second ride with a decent driver. :
    You know secondgear, you sound to me like many other guys i've come across that use the term "ride" instead of "capable". The guy who thinks that just because one car did it, every other car out there alike is going to do the same thing. Sorry to tell you buddy, but the game of drag racing doesn't work that way. Truth of matter is, how many guys will go mid 13's in their '05-'07 GT's? And how many on average will run low 14's to high 13's? The same question can be asked to f-body owners. How many guys can take their stock cars into the high 12's like Evan Smith did? Truth is, most won't. Just because another guy might hit 13.80's in his GT doesn't mean he's an indecent driver, but infact, a rather good one! I took my '97 Z28 to 13.77@100.9 completely stock, but I don't expect most drivers to take their LT1's that quick. Get where i'm going with this? I hope so.

i hate to magazine race so please, please dont bring up #s. the new gts are faster than the old ones, and the old ones ran 14 flats with all but the most embarassing driving.:
    Being faster than the old ones serves no purpose in this discussion.

i wouldnt put a vortech on an LS1, i would get a procharger. irrelevant, but my opinion nonetheless..:
    In the original post you referred to Vortech as pussy. I was just wondering why. I have had so much sucess with Vortech's, and so have millions of other people. ATI is good as well.

nothing against you here, i just grow tired of people thinking that the ls1 can beat anything, any time, any where (not saying thats you). :
    There's nothing wrong with that, as long as it's kept realistic. Nothing for you to get upset about. After all, this is an LS1 site. Get use to it

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

why?
    Sometimes I like to take hard turns and kinda spin out a little bit. IDK its kinda hard to explain but I just like the feel and control with the solid rears.

Pewter
    2000 z28

You know secondgear, you sound to me like many other guys i've come across that use the term "ride" instead of "capable". The guy who thinks that just because one car did it, every other car out there alike is going to do the same thing. Sorry to tell you buddy, but the game of drag racing doesn't work that way. Truth of matter is, how many guys will go mid 13's in their '05-'07 GT's? And how many on average will run low 14's to high 13's? The same question can be asked to f-body owners. How many guys can take their stock cars into the high 12's like Evan Smith did? Truth is, most won't. Just because another guy might hit 13.80's in his GT doesn't mean he's an indecent driver, but infact, a rather good one! I took my '97 Z28 to 13.77@100.9 completely stock, but I don't expect most drivers to take their LT1's that quick. Get where i'm going with this? I hope so.
    well i took my stock z 13.01 @ 109 on street radials. ive beaten alot of cars i shouldnt have and i am quite the believer in "anything can happen".

i can agree with your logic but AGAIN i state the fact that a blown 3v isnt a 13 second car. im sure it could be if you ran 5 psi and drove like crap. it isnt rocket science street racing, and it sure isnt difficult to drive an automatic in a straight line, especially "from a roll" which usually means someone goes on the first or second honk, takes it up to 70 mph, and then claims a victory.

i dont think that if one guy did it, everyone else can. many times ive asked how i have beaten the same MY 6 speed vettes and 02 ss camaros with full exhaust and cutouts, and no one has an answer other than, "oh they should have walked you".

if i were to say to you, hey, my stock mach 1 just beat a procharged camaro, you and everyone else would call complete and instantaneous bullshit. its the exact same rationale. anything could happen, but given the facts and the "drag race" as you refered to this street outing, the odds are that i would, at the very least, be imbellishing.

Being faster than the old ones serves no purpose in this discussion.
    never said it did. however, it is important to note that you cant group all the model years together, which is what youre trying not to do, yet still are essentially doing.

In the original post you referred to Vortech as pussy. I was just wondering why. I have had so much sucess with Vortech's, and so have millions of other people. ATI is good as well.
    im glad for you and your experience. my experience with them has shown me different. again, as i said, its an opinion. my friend ran a vortech to 10 psi on a forged fomoco block and only had problems with the compressor unit. he ran a very pathetic 12.87. this is ofcourse one instance, so take it with a grain of salt. if you like them, thats all that should matter to YOU.

There's nothing wrong with that, as long as it's kept realistic. Nothing for you to get upset about. After all, this is an LS1 site. Get use to it
    i find it humorous when people who have belonged to a site for 3 working days have the urge to tell me to "get used" to something. i also appreciate the excuse that this is an ls1 website, thus allowing everyone to simply throw common sense to the wind and support anything and everything having to do with ls1's, despite imbellishment or stupidity.
    im not upset. why would i be? just having a bit of a debate with a fellow member. get used to it.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Sometimes I like to take hard turns and kinda spin out a little bit. IDK its kinda hard to explain but I just like the feel and control with the solid rears.
    i figured id just ask.

i like them too, the torque makes the car feel more violent, which at 19 years old, is a very appealing thing to me.

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

i find it humorous when people who have belonged to a site for 3 working days
    Actually I belong to NHRA, not a forum. Anymore insults?
    97 Z28 1LE #53 11.08/122.84 N/A, 9.82/131.06 150-shot

02 WS6 M6, STOCK H/C/I, 3189 lbs., 11.77/113.02 (1.59 60')

08 Mercedez C63 AMG, FOR SALE!!!
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f38/2008-mercedez-c63-amg-108586/

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

i figured id just ask.

i like them too, the torque makes the car feel more violent, which at 19 years old, is a very appealing thing to me.
    Hey im only 17 so I know exactly what you mean hehe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information