Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 53

99 Trans Am vs. 05 Supercharged MUSTANG!

This is a discussion on 99 Trans Am vs. 05 Supercharged MUSTANG! within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Cayenne97 So many seem to overstimate the S197 GT's. They are nowhere near a stout stock LS1 ...

  1. #21
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne97 View Post
    So many seem to overstimate the S197 GT's. They are nowhere near a stout stock LS1 Camaro or Firebird - nowhere near. A healthy LS1 F-body with a good driver will run low-low 13's @ 107-108. Seen it done too many times to count. My brothers '01 wen't 13.3@107.4 completely stock. You won't find a stock GT anywhere that can put up those numbers. They are more realistlicly low-14 to high 13-second cars between 100-103mph.

    If you've ever witnessed a few GT's pull on the dyno, you would know they aren't up there with the LS1's. They are actually closer to a mildly modded LT1 car, despite having a 12 year advantage in the technology department. (Yes, that's how far the GT has been behind all these years)

    As far as the race at hand, it's possible. A mildly modded LS1 could have close to a second advantage over a completely stock GT. You add a supercharger with, let's say, a very conservative 6 pounds of boost, a cat-back, and no tune - and you've got a pretty close race, believe it or not
    um....im gonna go with not. the s197s can and will run mid 13s with a decent driver. ive seen ls1s go 15s, it really depends on the driver. i think you sir underestimate the 3vs and that is unfortunate.

    stock a4 ls1s arent some freaks of nature and they consistently run mid 13s to low 13s. im fairly certain a mid 13 second ride WITH A PROCHARGER can get out of the 13s, especially if it was an auto (which greatly reduces driver error).

    if any of you think this actually happened in the way the story was told i have but the utmost concern for your mental well being.

    just because we own and love our f bodies doesnt mean they go 10.80s or 11.50s STOCK.

    your car is not a freak. remember this.

    *a 3v gt with a procharger pushing 6 psi (im fairly certain) will AT LEAST run in the 12s. do the math.

  2. #22
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    True, like i said with 3 bolt ons i ran a 12.8 at 110. I agree he should be able to do 12s, maybe he didnt catch a gear and started to pull you at the end cause he was in a good rpm range. OR MAYBE YOU JUST LIE SIR

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    hey guys hes selin that ugly ass stang for a reason..........LIKELY somthing wrong with his set-up...im SURE he actually raced that same exact car...really cant mistake that ugly fucker .......with those mods set up right it should eat a stock ls1fbody alive though.......maybe he sold the procharger already before this race took place??? who knows.....somone conact the seller about the race!!!!!!

  4. #24
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    These are all good explainations but i dont think any of us give a fuck enough to call the seller. Cause i know i dont, NEXT THREAD

  5. #25
    Kenne-Bell Killer Cayenne97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Lake Tahoe, CA
    Posts
    609

    Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    um....im gonna go with not. the s197s can and will run mid 13s with a decent driver. ive seen ls1s go 15s, it really depends on the driver. i think you sir underestimate the 3vs and that is unfortunate.

    stock a4 ls1s arent some freaks of nature and they consistently run mid 13s to low 13s. im fairly certain a mid 13 second ride WITH A PROCHARGER can get out of the 13s, especially if it was an auto (which greatly reduces driver error).

    if any of you think this actually happened in the way the story was told i have but the utmost concern for your mental well being.

    just because we own and love our f bodies doesnt mean they go 10.80s or 11.50s STOCK.

    your car is not a freak. remember this.

    *a 3v gt with a procharger pushing 6 psi (im fairly certain) will AT LEAST run in the 12s. do the math.
    10.80's or 11.50's bone-stock...Where did that come from??? (I'm scratching my head now)

    Mid 13's in a bone-stock S197? Similar to when Evan Smith wen't 12.80@108 in a completely stock LS1 SS. Definitely possible, but most likely - Not gonna happen!!

    It's not about "lovin'" our cars or whatever your referring to, it's about telling it like it is. Notice I used the word "average", and the average GT is a low 14-second to high 13-second car, and that point my friend can merely be argued. An M5 GT will dyno between 260-270rwhp, and i'm sure if you own an LS1 you already know what kind of numbers an M6 is capable of.

    So i'll say it once more loud and clear: They are nowhere near an LS1 - not even close
    97 Z28 1LE #53 11.08/122.84 N/A, 9.82/131.06 150-shot

    02 WS6 M6, STOCK H/C/I, 3189 lbs., 11.77/113.02 (1.59 60')

    08 Mercedez C63 AMG, FOR SALE!!!
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f38/2008-mercedez-c63-amg-108586/

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne97 View Post
    10.80's or 11.50's bone-stock...Where did that come from??? (I'm scratching my head now)

    Mid 13's in a bone-stock S197? Similar to when Evan Smith wen't 12.80@108 in a completely stock LS1 SS. Definitely possible, but most likely - Not gonna happen!!

    It's not about "lovin'" our cars or whatever your referring to, it's about telling it like it is. Notice I used the word "average", and the average GT is a low 14-second to high 13-second car, and that point my friend can merely be argued. An M5 GT will dyno between 260-270rwhp, and i'm sure if you own an LS1 you already know what kind of numbers an M6 is capable of.

    So i'll say it once more loud and clear: They are nowhere near an LS1 - not even close
    think your stretchin it a tad bit in the OTHER direction ....from what ive noticed there definitly a MID 13 sec car and an ls1 is a low to mid 13 sec car...there verry very close and due to gearing i think the stangs generaly have a slight edge off the line since there 1st is steeper than ours......there a very very comparable competitor to an ls1 fbody.....my buddys girl has an 03 mach one with full bolt ons......girl was talkin shit out her ass about spankin me.....haha .......she didnt even slightly amuse me from a highway roll

  7. #27
    Kenne-Bell Killer Cayenne97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Lake Tahoe, CA
    Posts
    609

    Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    think your stretchin it a tad bit in the OTHER direction ....from what ive noticed there definitly a MID 13 sec car and an ls1 is a low to mid 13 sec car...there verry very close and due to gearing i think the stangs generaly have a slight edge off the line since there 1st is steeper than ours......there a very very comparable competitor to an ls1 fbody.....my buddys girl has an 03 mach one with full bolt ons......girl was talkin shit out her ass about spankin me.....haha .......she didnt even slightly amuse me from a highway roll
    Mach 1's are a totally different story. If that was the car in subject, then i'd be stretchin' it in the other direction.

  8. #28
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    you are stretching it, and i dont mean to accuse you, but your post is similar (albeit completely well thought out and legible) to that of naive fan boys who think the ls1 is the greatest and nothing can beat it-stock or otherwise. you didnt go that far so please dont.

    the NEW gts are completely respectable, which is why i dont see the disgust or betrayal in acknowleging them as mid 13 second rides. they are most definetely, but times are subjective based on drivers, much like it is with ls1s. an auto ls1 is a mid 13 second car too. sure there is way more potential there, but the fact still remains that on average they are mid 13s. new 3vs trap higher than the old two valve and do have nice gearing. in my experience, stangs do leave harder off the line, much like tony mentioned.

    i hope im not offending you here as that isnt my intention but you cant help but admit that its a bit silly to actually believe a crude story of a stock ls1 beating a PROCHARGED gt. we arent talking pussy vortechs here, we're talking about the wildly popular and great procharger. my bet is that he wasnt running alot of boost, but 7-8 psi would be the bare minimum to make it worthwhile.

    mach 1s and f bodies are neck and neck in stock form. atleast the manual versions of both. when bolt ons come into play, the margin typically grows in the ls1s favor.

  9. #29
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    I agree with everything said, but i have seen bad setups make cammed cars run alightly faste rthan a bolt on ls1 so, it does happen that bad setups play games with people but yes as stated you really couldnt have won that race.

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    124

    Blue/Green Chameleon
    1999 Firebird

    come on now guys, why would i waste my time coming on here to tell lies, that would be completely pointless. thought it was a good story, dont know anything else about the car, except for what the guy told me from the ad, and yes i have talked to him to confirm its the right car

  11. #31
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    Im not seriosuly calling you a liar, I know you raced that car and won, its just i dont think it was procharged at the time lol. Besides if its not a soots style supercharger you know they arent that loud. Its not liek they make the whisling noise those things do.

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    124

    Blue/Green Chameleon
    1999 Firebird

    Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Im not seriosuly calling you a liar, I know you raced that car and won, its just i dont think it was procharged at the time lol. Besides if its not a soots style supercharger you know they arent that loud. Its not liek they make the whisling noise those things do.

    lol true , may have been put on later, but what could it have had done so far to be keeping ahead of me? ive raced alot of the newer GT's and havent had any keep right next to me and then ahead like that one.

  13. #33
    Rice Killa JwMonE99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,561

    Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

    Was the procharged GT an auto or stick? If it was a stick that explains that hes a terrible driver. If there was a near stock LS1 camaro vs. a procharged 05+GT with equal drivers on both stick the GT would take the camaro hands down.

    and of course that is if neither of them miss a gear ect. ect.

  14. #34
    Kenne-Bell Killer Cayenne97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Lake Tahoe, CA
    Posts
    609

    Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    you are stretching it, and i dont mean to accuse you, but your post is similar (albeit completely well thought out and legible) to that of naive fan boys who think the ls1 is the greatest and nothing can beat it-stock or otherwise. you didnt go that far so please dont.

    the NEW gts are completely respectable, which is why i dont see the disgust or betrayal in acknowleging them as mid 13 second rides. they are most definetely, but times are subjective based on drivers, much like it is with ls1s. an auto ls1 is a mid 13 second car too. sure there is way more potential there, but the fact still remains that on average they are mid 13s. new 3vs trap higher than the old two valve and do have nice gearing. in my experience, stangs do leave harder off the line, much like tony mentioned.

    i hope im not offending you here as that isnt my intention but you cant help but admit that its a bit silly to actually believe a crude story of a stock ls1 beating a PROCHARGED gt. we arent talking pussy vortechs here, we're talking about the wildly popular and great procharger. my bet is that he wasnt running alot of boost, but 7-8 psi would be the bare minimum to make it worthwhile.

    mach 1s and f bodies are neck and neck in stock form. atleast the manual versions of both. when bolt ons come into play, the margin typically grows in the ls1s favor.
    I am far from understanding what your motive is. Your comparing cars with about a 40 horsepower difference here, and putting them into the same perspective. The fact is, stock to stock, good driver to good driver, the LS1 is faster. It has more power with comparable weight, therefore, it should be. It seems you are not believeing me for some reason. I hate to do it, but if you wan't to, we can go magazine racin' and end that part of the debate.

    I never said the GT was not resectable. Go back and read my post and you will never come across those words. It is a fine automobile, although I would expect it to be a little quicker by now. But, it is respectable.

    Lastly, since when did Vortech's become obsene? I've had some amazing experiences with there products. From their S-Trim all the way to the YSi, i've seen it, and have owned two LT1's powered by their T-Trim's. One 583rwhp 383 and another 385 LT1 that hit right under the 600 mark. Both regularly driven street cars that ran very well!

  15. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    124

    Blue/Green Chameleon
    1999 Firebird

    Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Was the procharged GT an auto or stick? If it was a stick that explains that hes a terrible driver. If there was a near stock LS1 camaro vs. a procharged 05+GT with equal drivers on both stick the GT would take the camaro hands down.

    and of course that is if neither of them miss a gear ect. ect.
    the GT was a stick, I have an A4. He may have missed a gear or something which would explain why stuck with him then he pulled on me, i wasnt really paying attention to his car at all once we started.

  16. #36
    Rice Killa JwMonE99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,561

    Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

    Well you talked to him right? Can you find out if he missed any gears?

  17. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    124

    Blue/Green Chameleon
    1999 Firebird

    Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Well you talked to him right? Can you find out if he missed any gears?

    yeah i have talked to him, i could ask but who knows if he'll give me real answer! haha

  18. #38
    Member blackls1ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    kittanning,pa
    Age
    41
    Posts
    516

    black
    2000 ws.6 m6

    i think that gt is badass,but.. it shud have ran you off the road,lol

  19. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    124

    Blue/Green Chameleon
    1999 Firebird

    Quote Originally Posted by blackls1ta View Post
    i think that gt is badass,but.. it shud have ran you off the road,lol
    haha so i've heard

  20. #40
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    I think those body styles are ugly as hell, the mach 1 or 03 cobra looked way better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. me vs supercharged mustang?
    By mikey gavin in forum Forced Induction
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 11-19-2011, 08:57 AM
  2. 02 z28 VS 96 mustang GT supercharged
    By PAT-LS101 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 08:19 PM
  3. Supercharged gt mustang?
    By lmyers1 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 06-01-2008, 03:08 PM
  4. Black Mustang Supercharged!
    By Z06-Goose in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-03-2007, 10:40 PM
  5. Want to Trade Supercharged 475 HP Mustang for 96 - 00 WS6 0r SS
    By Spower in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-17-2005, 12:02 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •