Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 110

99' SS against 03' Mach 1

This is a discussion on 99' SS against 03' Mach 1 within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by dpinson look jack ass i never stated my car was faster but it has beat a few ...

  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    florida
    Age
    42
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    look jack ass i never stated my car was faster but it has beat a few cobras from a dig and a roll
    i will give you that it was very close and maybe a better driver in one of the cobras could have killed me
    but either way a cobra is a close enough race to be a drivers race
    several other ls1 have beat cobras also they arent much faster buddy so get over it

    i dont think im the best driver ever but if your getting a close race out of a mach 1 then something is wrong
    Why do you go into every thread and act like you have the fastest car on the planet and nothing can beat you.Your car is not stock so to sit there and say you beat cars that are faster than you is really misleading.
    Sure anything can happen on the street,but a race up to 60 really isnt proving much is it.We all know some people are worse drivers than others that doesnt mean your car is faster it means you beat a 12 second car with a 14 second driver.Have a good day and keep trying to convince everyone that a "stock ls1" can "hang" with faster cars.

    Also a mach1 is a close enough race to be a drivers race several other mach1s have beat ls1s also they arent much faster buddy.

    Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    i can hang with most cobras without the nos in my pretty stock ls1,slp air and catback , gears and the spray for those that pose a threat

  2. #62
    Senior Member BLKCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,100

    B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

    The quickest bone stock 03/04 Cobra I know of went 12.4 @ 114 mph (Ken Risher, a racing friend of mine).

    The quickest bone stock LS1 I know of went 12.89 @ 109 mph (Evan Smith of MM&FF & GMHTP).

    The quickest bone stock Mach 1 I know of went 13.09 @ 106 mph (Turbomach on Mach1registry.org).

    Draw your own conclusions.

  3. #63
    Member Speed_kills_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Age
    37
    Posts
    403

    Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

    When talking about racing cars, everything has to be looked at in a perfect world. A Mach 1 preforming flawlessly against an LS1 in the same note. In that sense, there should be no descrepancy. However, its not a perfect world and driver error goes along with that. I can't speak for all LS1's, but I can for myself. TrickStang says he runs the quarter in 12.8........What the hell is that? That's it? My busted-ass 98 TA can run 13 flat. I run a 12.67 in the 1/4 in my WS6, and that's pretty much stock. Don't think that's all that great. Is my car a factory freak?? Or am I a decent driver? Who knows...

  4. #64
    Senior Member BLKCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,100

    B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

    "Factory Freaks" are internet myths.

  5. #65
    Member adam3566's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Janesville,Wisconsin
    Posts
    880

    black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed_kills_WS6 View Post
    When talking about racing cars, everything has to be looked at in a perfect world. A Mach 1 preforming flawlessly against an LS1 in the same note. In that sense, there should be no descrepancy. However, its not a perfect world and driver error goes along with that. I can't speak for all LS1's, but I can for myself. TrickStang says he runs the quarter in 12.8........What the hell is that? That's it? My busted-ass 98 TA can run 13 flat. I run a 12.67 in the 1/4 in my WS6, and that's pretty much stock. Don't think that's all that great. Is my car a factory freak?? Or am I a decent driver? Who knows...
    If your ws6 run's a 12.67 stock then my vette run's 9's flat stock.

  6. #66
    Member Speed_kills_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Age
    37
    Posts
    403

    Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    If your ws6 run's a 12.67 stock then my vette run's 9's flat stock.
    I have no reason to lie. What should it do in the 1/8? I have a cold air kit and an SLP maf, catback. That's the fastest its ever ran. Consistently runs between 12.7-12.8. Don't be a hater...

  7. #67
    Member adam3566's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Janesville,Wisconsin
    Posts
    880

    black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed_kills_WS6 View Post
    I have no reason to lie. What should it do in the 1/8? I have a cold air kit and an SLP maf, catback. That's the fastest its ever ran. Consistently runs between 12.7-12.8. Don't be a hater...
    You run a 12.7 in the 1/8 or 1/4 because I thought you meant 1/4. If your running a 12.7 in the 1/8 you have serious problems.

  8. #68
    Senior Member BLKCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,100

    B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed_kills_WS6 View Post
    When talking about racing cars, everything has to be looked at in a perfect world. A Mach 1 preforming flawlessly against an LS1 in the same note. In that sense, there should be no descrepancy. However, its not a perfect world and driver error goes along with that. I can't speak for all LS1's, but I can for myself. TrickStang says he runs the quarter in 12.8........What the hell is that? That's it? My busted-ass 98 TA can run 13 flat. I run a 12.67 in the 1/4 in my WS6, and that's pretty much stock. Don't think that's all that great. Is my car a factory freak?? Or am I a decent driver? Who knows...
    Quick question for you....was that 12.67 an actual 1/4 mile pass, or did you derive that from an 1/8th mile pass?

  9. #69
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    florida
    Age
    42
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed_kills_WS6 View Post
    TrickStang says he runs the quarter in 12.8........What the hell is that?

    You do realize that is at 117 mph just so you know.

  10. #70
    Member Speed_kills_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Age
    37
    Posts
    403

    Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

    No, that was actually a 1/4 mile pass @ Carolina Dragway in Aiken, SC. "House of Hook", so its called... This other clown just wants to talk shit. This ain't my first rodeo, I've owned 4 f-bodies, 2 LT1's and 2 LS1's. I know the difference between an 1/8th and a 1/4. I have the time slip in the dash of my car along with the many others I've collected.

  11. #71
    Member Speed_kills_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Age
    37
    Posts
    403

    Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

    It's all the same over 100...

  12. #72
    Senior Member camarojunky74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    corona ca
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,258

    white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    You do realize that is at 117 mph just so you know.
    lol, mph is just an estimation on your part, who knows what his mph was, i see some weird shit all the time, how about a 8 sec pass at 70mph lol, saw john force pull one of those lol

  13. #73
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    florida
    Age
    42
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    lol, mph is just an estimation on your part, who knows what his mph was, i see some weird shit all the time, how about a 8 sec pass at 70mph lol, saw john force pull one of those lol

    Here I will give you a hint........http://www.ls1.com/forums/members/trickstang37/

    Then click about me and look at the bottom of sig.

  14. #74
    Senior Member camarojunky74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    corona ca
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,258

    white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

    lol, comparing a s/c car that has irs is no where even close to a camaro, for ex, i ran a 12.89 at 109mph bone stock,

    btw nice car

  15. #75
    Speed Racer 99 Kobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    209

    White
    '04 Mustang Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    i always say a stock termi is a good race, mother fuckers cant hook, i pound them quite often, now roll racing is a different story
    That's because a lot of the owners don't know how to launch them. They floor it, dump the clutch, and hop.
    '01 BMW 330ci: Race it in a modified class in BMW CCA Club Racing and NASA endurance races.
    '04 Lincoln LS V8 Sport: Stock.
    '04 Mustang Cobra coupe (white/gray): Modified.

  16. #76
    Senior Member camarojunky74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    corona ca
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,258

    white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

    Quote Originally Posted by 99 Kobra View Post
    That's because a lot of the owners don't know how to launch them. They floor it, dump the clutch, and hop.
    mustang---><---camaro

  17. #77
    Senior Member BLKCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,100

    B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed_kills_WS6 View Post
    No, that was actually a 1/4 mile pass @ Carolina Dragway in Aiken, SC. "House of Hook", so its called... This other clown just wants to talk shit. This ain't my first rodeo, I've owned 4 f-bodies, 2 LT1's and 2 LS1's. I know the difference between an 1/8th and a 1/4. I have the time slip in the dash of my car along with the many others I've collected.
    I see. Could you post the timeslip, please? I'm interested to see the incrementals.

  18. #78
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    lol, comparing a s/c car that has irs is no where even close to a camaro, for ex, i ran a 12.89 at 109mph bone stock,

    btw nice car
    AND WOULD YOU SAY THE CL0SER RACE WAS WITH THE MACH1 OR THE TERMI?

  19. #79
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Why do you go into every thread and act like you have the fastest car on the planet and nothing can beat you.Your car is not stock so to sit there and say you beat cars that are faster than you is really misleading.
    Sure anything can happen on the street,but a race up to 60 really isnt proving much is it.We all know some people are worse drivers than others that doesnt mean your car is faster it means you beat a 12 second car with a 14 second driver.Have a good day and keep trying to convince everyone that a "stock ls1" can "hang" with faster cars.

    Also a mach1 is a close enough race to be a drivers race several other mach1s have beat ls1s also they arent much faster buddy.
    I WAS REFERRING TO STOCK VERSUS STOCK AND FIND WHERE I EVER STATED MY CAR WAS THE FASTEST AROUND
    I MIGHT BE DUMB BUT IM NOT STUPID FOR ME TO THINK THAT I WOULD HAVE TO BE MENTAL
    I WASNT TALKING ABOUT FASTER CARS WAS I I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE TERMI COBRA WHICH IN MY OPINION ISNT THAT MUCH FASTER
    IF I WANTED TO RUN MY MOUTH I WOULD SAY I SMOKED A FERRARI ENZO
    OR A STROKED AND SPRAYED C6ZO6 NOT SOME MUSTANG

  20. #80
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by 99 Kobra View Post
    That's because a lot of the owners don't know how to launch them. They floor it, dump the clutch, and hop.
    THE SAME THING HAPPENS TO A BUNCH A LS1 OWNERS TOO
    HELL WHEN I FIRST GOT MY CAR I COULDNT FIND TRACTION IN ANY GEAR

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. GTX 1....Mach 1 none
    By blackhawk01 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-28-2008, 01:19 PM
  2. Mach 1
    By 1986camarojoe in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-08-2007, 07:59 AM
  3. ls1 vs mach 1
    By Z28pwrHecz in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 06:09 AM
  4. 04 Mach 1 vs 02 ZO6 vid
    By Mach1Mustang in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 02-05-2007, 05:11 AM
  5. 04 Mach 1 vs 02 ZO6
    By Mach1Mustang in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 11-24-2006, 07:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •