Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 110

99' SS against 03' Mach 1

This is a discussion on 99' SS against 03' Mach 1 within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by dpinson its not always bad driving the cobra is not that much faster stock for stock,you can ...

  1. #41
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    its not always bad driving the cobra is not that much faster stock for stock,you can think what you want but it isnt and it can be beaten to about a 100mph anyway where the cobra starts pulling harder
    just face it these cars were supercharged and barely beat a stock ls1
    either way it is not the subject
    in no way is a mach 1 and an ls1 a drivers race
    maybe your right, but it is a much closer race than an LS1 vs 4.6 DOHC S/C. if the MaCh1 isnt close enough, the LS1 to the 4.6 DOHC S/C isnt even comparable.

  2. #42
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    maybe your right, but it is a much closer race than an LS1 vs 4.6 DOHC S/C. if the MaCh1 isnt close enough, the LS1 to the 4.6 DOHC S/C isnt even comparable.
    man you are goofier than you sound
    if a ls1 smokes a mach 1 and a ls1 with a good driver can beat a termi then how does your statement make a damn bit of sense

    hype up your stang to somebody who doesnt know shit but your telling the wrong guy bs stories here bud

  3. #43
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    man you are goofier than you sound
    if a ls1 smokes a mach 1 and a ls1 with a good driver can beat a termi then how does your statement make a damn bit of sense

    hype up your stang to somebody who doesnt know shit but your telling the wrong guy bs stories here bud
    look kid, i could beat an 06+ Z06 if it had a horrendous enough driver in it, but im not gonna sit there delusional about it, as yourself, and pretend my car is really faster than it.

  4. #44
    Member adam3566's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Janesville,Wisconsin
    Posts
    880

    black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

    Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    look kid, i could beat an 06+ Z06 if it had a horrendous enough driver in it, but im not gonna sit there delusional about it, as yourself, and pretend my car is really faster than it.
    Got to agree with with you on this one. I have seen Ls1's go 15,14,13 and a few in the 12's stock so basically it comes down to if you can drive for shit. But if you have a good driver in both a ls1 and a mach 1 it SHOULD be a close race.

  5. #45
    Senior Member camarojunky74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    corona ca
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,258

    white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

    like you guys are saying, the street is so unpredictable, so anything is possible, ive seen gt's with bolt ons take ls1's on the street, some cars/ people pretend they know how to drive or what have you. there are an equal number of dumb asses in mustangs vs camaro's. but i think honda takes the cake lol

  6. #46
    Member Speed_kills_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Age
    37
    Posts
    403

    Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

    My fastest time in the 1/8th is 8.437 on street tires. I have a lid, filter, and an SLP maf. With the engine cooler, I think I can run an 8.3. With dr's, I bet I can break into the 7's. There's a couple termi cobras runnin around at the drag strip. Pass after pass, can't do better than 8.6. True, on a roll, the termi is gonna be hell. But from the line, I'm gonna smash his ass. To hell with racin down the interstate. Live my life 1/4 mile at a time. I haven't even begun my performance regimen yet. Mach 1-sounds fast, but all bark, no bite.

  7. #47
    Senior Member camarojunky74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    corona ca
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,258

    white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed_kills_WS6 View Post
    My fastest time in the 1/8th is 8.437 on street tires. I have a lid, filter, and an SLP maf. With the engine cooler, I think I can run an 8.3. With dr's, I bet I can break into the 7's. There's a couple termi cobras runnin around at the drag strip. Pass after pass, can't do better than 8.6. True, on a roll, the termi is gonna be hell. But from the line, I'm gonna smash his ass. To hell with racin down the interstate. Live my life 1/4 mile at a time. I haven't even begun my performance regimen yet. Mach 1-sounds fast, but all bark, no bite.
    kick the maf to the trash can grab a thermostat i bet you can do better.

  8. #48
    Member adam3566's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Janesville,Wisconsin
    Posts
    880

    black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed_kills_WS6 View Post
    Live my life 1/4 mile at a time.
    Watching a little too much of F&F lol

  9. #49
    Member Speed_kills_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Age
    37
    Posts
    403

    Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

    What? Do away with the SLP maf for the stock one???

  10. #50
    Senior Member camarojunky74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    corona ca
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,258

    white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed_kills_WS6 View Post
    What? Do away with the SLP maf for the stock one???
    if your car is anything like my 2 then yes.

  11. #51
    Member Speed_kills_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Age
    37
    Posts
    403

    Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

    It helped considerably with my 98 TA. Felt sure it'd do the same for my 02. What's the best thermostat to get? Hypertech? SLP? Mr. Gasket? lol Fast and Furious was an entertaining movie, however, I hate imports.

  12. #52
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed_kills_WS6 View Post
    My fastest time in the 1/8th is 8.437 on street tires. I have a lid, filter, and an SLP maf. With the engine cooler, I think I can run an 8.3. With dr's, I bet I can break into the 7's. There's a couple termi cobras runnin around at the drag strip. Pass after pass, can't do better than 8.6. True, on a roll, the termi is gonna be hell. But from the line, I'm gonna smash his ass. To hell with racin down the interstate. Live my life 1/4 mile at a time. I haven't even begun my performance regimen yet. Mach 1-sounds fast, but all bark, no bite.
    you live a 1/4mi at a time, but race at an 1/8mi track??!

    12.718 @ 117.47

  13. #53
    Senior Member camarojunky74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    corona ca
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,258

    white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed_kills_WS6 View Post
    It helped considerably with my 98 TA. Felt sure it'd do the same for my 02. What's the best thermostat to get? Hypertech? SLP? Mr. Gasket? lol Fast and Furious was an entertaining movie, however, I hate imports.
    i personally went with hypertech in my 99, worked great no leaks, etc. i hate those maf's especially the grannatelli's nothing but problems, check engine lights and lack of power.

  14. #54
    Member Speed_kills_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Age
    37
    Posts
    403

    Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    you live a 1/4mi at a time, but race at an 1/8mi track??!
    Both, it's just a longer drive to race a 1/4 and not as many "street cars." Mostly full drag cars well under 10's. Not as fun as the 1/8. Not to mention the hot chicks. lol Want me to rephrase it as "I live my life 1/8th of a mile at a time?

  15. #55
    old timer blue02Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,805

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    with me driving it is and i know there are a few more guys on here that say the same,sorry you cant drive your car man but there is no need to get all upset


    dude, listen- i have never lost to a mach 1. i dont know where you come up with these statements about me not being able to drive. like camarojunky74 said- the street is so unpredictable. i hate to magazine race but all mags that tested the ls1 and the mach came up with almost identical numbers. the real world on the street is completely different.



    why do you think you can drive sooo damn good?

  16. #56
    Member adam3566's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Janesville,Wisconsin
    Posts
    880

    black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

    Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    dude, listen- i have never lost to a mach 1. i dont know where you come up with these statements about me not being able to drive. like camarojunky74 said- the street is so unpredictable. i hate to magazine race but all mags that tested the ls1 and the mach came up with almost identical numbers. the real world on the street is completely different.



    why do you think you can drive sooo damn good?
    Nothing wrong with being able to drive good. But my main point is he kept saying he's destroyed mach 1's by 5-6 cars or whatever he stated. Then you obviously are racing shity or inexperienced drivers. .02

  17. #57
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by claytonr View Post
    whenever i get the cash.. i am working on a major project with the whole custom system and i am having some hell like with paint and stuff because i am doing all the work myself...but which cam would be the best economically and power wise. my dad has a magic stick or whatever it is called( the real big one) in his 98 z28 and that car will hardly even idle it is horrible..
    Ms4 idles just fine.. he had a shitty tune then...

  18. #58
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    stock ls1>stock mach...... by 3-4...

  19. #59
    old timer blue02Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,805

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    Nothing wrong with being able to drive good. But my main point is he kept saying he's destroyed mach 1's by 5-6 cars or whatever he stated. Then you obviously are racing shity or inexperienced drivers. .02
    i see what you mean, driver error has alot to do with it

  20. #60
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    look kid, i could beat an 06+ Z06 if it had a horrendous enough driver in it, but im not gonna sit there delusional about it, as yourself, and pretend my car is really faster than it.
    look jack ass i never stated my car was faster but it has beat a few cobras from a dig and a roll
    i will give you that it was very close and maybe a better driver in one of the cobras could have killed me
    but either way a cobra is a close enough race to be a drivers race
    several other ls1 have beat cobras also they arent much faster buddy so get over it

    i dont think im the best driver ever but if your getting a close race out of a mach 1 then something is wrong

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. GTX 1....Mach 1 none
    By blackhawk01 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-28-2008, 01:19 PM
  2. Mach 1
    By 1986camarojoe in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-08-2007, 07:59 AM
  3. ls1 vs mach 1
    By Z28pwrHecz in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 06:09 AM
  4. 04 Mach 1 vs 02 ZO6 vid
    By Mach1Mustang in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 02-05-2007, 05:11 AM
  5. 04 Mach 1 vs 02 ZO6
    By Mach1Mustang in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 11-24-2006, 07:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •