Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 110

99' SS against 03' Mach 1

This is a discussion on 99' SS against 03' Mach 1 within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by TrickStang37 he got raped on the price of the MaCh1. +1 thats what I was thinking...

  1. #21
    Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    3,779

    06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

    Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    he got raped on the price of the MaCh1.
    +1 thats what I was thinking

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    63
    Any near stock Mustang with an auto is easy prey. The auto is a full second slower than a 5 speed in the quarter. I don't even count them.

  3. #23
    Kenne-Bell Killer Cayenne97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Lake Tahoe, CA
    Posts
    609

    Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

    No disrespect, but some of you LS1 guys kill me when you say LS1 M6 vs. Mach 1 M5 is a drivers race. It's only a drivers race if the LS1 guy can't drive! It's a close one, but not quite a drivers race. My brothers '02 35th wen't 13.20's in the 107 range repeatedly when it was bare stock, and trust me when I say that several Mach's tried, but failed. Stock LS1 M6's make a considerable amount of more power than a Mach, and if you know how to use it, a Mach is no problem - period, point, blank!

    I usually don't do the video racing thing, but I thought hey it's friday, so what the heck. Here's a quick example of the two cars, except, this LS1 is an AUTO! Both cars basically stock with very minor mods. Enjoy (before they pull it )
    Last edited by Cayenne97; 02-29-2008 at 04:47 PM.

  4. #24
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    the difference is roughly 30rwhp but with 50-100lbs less. I think close enough to be a drivers race, but the gearing does hurt it too, moreso than the fbody.

  5. #25
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    the difference is roughly 30rwhp but with 50-100lbs less. I think close enough to be a drivers race, but the gearing does hurt it too, moreso than the fbody.
    i wouldnt base races off of stats,too many variaBLES

  6. #26
    old timer blue02Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,805

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    have you ever ran a mach 1 it is not a drivers race

    with that kind of thinking i could say my old neon sxt not srt is a drivers race with my 07 mustang gt, who knows maybe ill spin through all 5gears in the stang
    yes i have, it was an 04 bone stock and i beat him, i was not stock tho. it is a drivers race, and i agree the edge goes to the ls1, they are rated a lil less hp than the ls1 and have slightly lower gearing (3.55) i think, could be wrong. i agree with you tho that the ls1 most likely will win, but it is close enough to call it a drivers race

  7. #27
    TENACIOUS BASTARD nevrlift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    orange*county, ca.
    Age
    45
    Posts
    744

    Black
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    well my race fell through....(big suprise).....did get into with a modded evo though, went 1 and 1 with him.....bald tires suck agaisnt awd

  8. #28
    Senior Member camarojunky74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    corona ca
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,258

    white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

    best money spent, would be a thermostat, a diablo sport tuner, grannatelli wires a lid and catback, and dr's, id say you got a 12 sec car right there,

  9. #29
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    yes i have, it was an 04 bone stock and i beat him, i was not stock tho. it is a drivers race, and i agree the edge goes to the ls1, they are rated a lil less hp than the ls1 and have slightly lower gearing (3.55) i think, could be wrong. i agree with you tho that the ls1 most likely will win, but it is close enough to call it a drivers race
    it may be a drivers race for you man but my car kills mach 1's easy
    i would say something is wrong with your car,he was heavily modded,or maybe your car just didnt perform to its abilities-bad tires/driver/launch something



    no offense man but those things are pretty weak stock ,m5 or auto

  10. #30
    Kenne-Bell Killer Cayenne97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Lake Tahoe, CA
    Posts
    609

    Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

    Seen too many LS1 M6's take Mach 1's to believe any of that. If the LS1 driver is not skilled enuff to take 'em off the line then run 'em on a roll - that's a certain victory.

  11. #31
    Member Speed_kills_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Age
    37
    Posts
    403

    Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

    There's a few Mach 1's that usually show up at the local dragstrip. They're only runnin between 8.9-9.3 in the eighth. Why's everyone acting like there untouchable??

  12. #32
    old timer blue02Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,805

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    it may be a drivers race for you man but my car kills mach 1's easy
    i would say something is wrong with your car,he was heavily modded,or maybe your car just didnt perform to its abilities-bad tires/driver/launch something



    no offense man but those things are pretty weak stock ,m5 or auto
    did you not read my post??? i was not stock and he was, of course i won



    my car runs perfect, only losses i have on the street was a cl65 amg and a procharged 2001 cobra.

    i can drive the shit outta it too, def. not the best but i can hold my own.


    all i'm saying is that its a damn good race for a stock ls1 to a stock m5 mach.

    i am not gonna argue with you, you're also the one that said a stock terminator is a good race for a stock ls1.

  13. #33
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    did you not read my post??? i was not stock and he was, of course i won



    my car runs perfect, only losses i have on the street was a cl65 amg and a procharged 2001 cobra.

    i can drive the shit outta it too, def. not the best but i can hold my own.


    all i'm saying is that its a damn good race for a stock ls1 to a stock m5 mach.

    i am not gonna argue with you, you're also the one that said a stock terminator is a good race for a stock ls1.
    with me driving it is and i know there are a few more guys on here that say the same,sorry you cant drive your car man but there is no need to get all upset

  14. #34
    Senior Member camarojunky74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    corona ca
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,258

    white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

    Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    did you not read my post??? i was not stock and he was, of course i won



    my car runs perfect, only losses i have on the street was a cl65 amg and a procharged 2001 cobra.

    i can drive the shit outta it too, def. not the best but i can hold my own.


    all i'm saying is that its a damn good race for a stock ls1 to a stock m5 mach.

    i am not gonna argue with you, you're also the one that said a stock terminator is a good race for a stock ls1.


    i always say a stock termi is a good race, mother fuckers cant hook, i pound them quite often, now roll racing is a different story

  15. #35
    Member adam3566's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Janesville,Wisconsin
    Posts
    880

    black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

    Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    i always say a stock termi is a good race, mother fuckers cant hook, i pound them quite often, now roll racing is a different story
    Are you stock or not? because if are you are going with on that one. Stock for stock there are very equal cars.

  16. #36
    Senior Member camarojunky74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    corona ca
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,258

    white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

    yes sir, fastest stock 1/8 mile ive done is an 8.37 and fastes 1/4 is 12.89 at 109 mph,
    my car is a slp stage 3, suspension and the 345 package with cme, my car has slp lca's slp panhard, blackwing intake, 295 toyo tires, K&n filter and a umi torque arm but i just put that on friday, so i havent been to the track with it yet, im hoping for a better 60'.

    and call bs all you want, thats what i love to hear,

  17. #37
    Senior Member camarojunky74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    corona ca
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,258

    white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

    my 99, went 13.1 with a slp lid catback and 4.10's, never broke into the 12's. my guess is because it had 155k miles original motor and trans, and that time was on street tires,

  18. #38
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    none of these guys think a stock cobra can be beaten with a stock ls1 but ive done it and know it can be done
    but thats ok they can get beat by mach 1's and will keep beating the supercharged cars for them

  19. #39
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    none of these guys think a stock cobra can be beaten with a stock ls1 but ive done it and know it can be done
    but thats ok they can get beat by mach 1's and will keep beating the supercharged cars for them
    bad driving can be beaten in anything.

  20. #40
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    bad driving can be beaten in anything.
    its not always bad driving the cobra is not that much faster stock for stock,you can think what you want but it isnt and it can be beaten to about a 100mph anyway where the cobra starts pulling harder
    just face it these cars were supercharged and barely beat a stock ls1
    either way it is not the subject
    in no way is a mach 1 and an ls1 a drivers race

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. GTX 1....Mach 1 none
    By blackhawk01 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-28-2008, 01:19 PM
  2. Mach 1
    By 1986camarojoe in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-08-2007, 07:59 AM
  3. ls1 vs mach 1
    By Z28pwrHecz in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 06:09 AM
  4. 04 Mach 1 vs 02 ZO6 vid
    By Mach1Mustang in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 02-05-2007, 05:11 AM
  5. 04 Mach 1 vs 02 ZO6
    By Mach1Mustang in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 11-24-2006, 07:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •