Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 147

99-04 goes down again

This is a discussion on 99-04 goes down again within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; When i said z06 i meant the c5 vs the cobra not the c6, then in one of my last ...

  1. #81
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    When i said z06 i meant the c5 vs the cobra not the c6, then in one of my last posts i wrote about the new cobra vs the new z06.

  2. #82
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fort Benning, GA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    435

    Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

    Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Bob you never showed me that slip of you 88lx running a 14.09 lol im stil lwaiting on that evidence.
    You don't think Bob Cosby could run a 14.09 in an 88 notch? Bob held the factory stock record in that 88 for a long time (not with the 14.09). He was also the first guy to capture an NMRA title in a Modular Ford (did you see that you were mentioned one of the latest mags again, Bob?) Frankly, I'm surprised he didn't run 13s. I got a 14.2@98 out of my stock 89 hatch.

    You need to look up Tony Defeo's article in Cars Illustrated. I don't have the date, unfortunately, but if you push hard enough I'll go find the article for you. He ran 13s on a bone stock fox-body, and it was the heavier hatch!

    Chris

  3. #83
    Senior Member BLKCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,100

    B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

    Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    When i said z06 i meant the c5 vs the cobra not the c6, then in one of my last posts i wrote about the new cobra vs the new z06.
    There is no new Cobra - you are referring to the GT500, and while it makes ~the same HP as the new Z06, it is not even CLOSE to it in any stock performance category - not was it intended to be. Only internet racers typically compare the two.

    When I was referring to the 03/04 Cobra, I was also referring to the C5 Z06. They are totally different cars, with the only similarities being HP and the number of gears in the transmission (ok, they were both T56s....though different versions.

    The WS6 was the 'performance enhanced' (for lack of a better term) version of the T/A (or in more rare form, of the Formula). The fact that most of that enhancement was visual is.....well....it is what it is. Even more, the 2002 WS6 had ~the same MSRP of a 2003 Cobra. Certainly they were closer in price than a 2003/4 Z06 and a 2003/4 Cobra. And they had the same amount of seats. And they had V6 siblings. And they were truly 'direct' competitors.

    Howdy Chris! Small internet world, huh? That Cars Illustrated mag was from the Spring of 1988. I used to have it.....but unfortunatly, cannot find it right now.

    Have fun.
    Bob

  4. #84
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    That is because it isnt real except in mustang drivers heads lol. and i only call the GT500 a cobra because it has the symbol on the side and there is a non S/C gt500 mustang aswell

  5. #85
    Senior Member BLKCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,100

    B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

    Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    That is because it isnt real except in mustang drivers heads lol. and i only call the GT500 a cobra because it has the symbol on the side and there is a non S/C gt500 mustang aswell
    LOL. No, there is not a "non S/C GT500" as well. Go Google it, and get back to us with the correct answer, please.

  6. #86
    TENACIOUS BASTARD nevrlift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    orange*county, ca.
    Age
    45
    Posts
    744

    Black
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    LOL. No, there is not a "non S/C GT500" as well. Go Google it, and get back to us with the correct answer, please.
    yeai have yet to hear about the "econo-GT500" w/o a blower....

  7. #87
    Senior Member BLKCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,100

    B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

    Hehehe....I know what he's talking about, but (as usual) he's a bit mixed up.

  8. #88
    Rice Killa JwMonE99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,561

    Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

    Ummm bottom line GM is better

  9. #89
    TENACIOUS BASTARD nevrlift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    orange*county, ca.
    Age
    45
    Posts
    744

    Black
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Hehehe....I know what he's talking about, but (as usual) he's a bit mixed up.


    Ohhhh...must be the 07 Mach 1..??

  10. #90
    Member camarolvr69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    384

    Silver
    1997 camaro z28

    Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    That is because it isnt real except in mustang drivers heads lol. and i only call the GT500 a cobra because it has the symbol on the side and there is a non S/C gt500 mustang aswell
    Dude come on now...the Shelby GT is nothing more than a 10k appearance package for the reg. GT. Completely different than the GT500.

  11. #91
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    I thought the no S/C one had GT500 on the side aswell either way there both too slow lol, i ran a 12.8 and i have seen guys run slower with 500hp.

  12. #92
    TENACIOUS BASTARD nevrlift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    orange*county, ca.
    Age
    45
    Posts
    744

    Black
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by camarolvr69 View Post
    Dude come on now...the Shelby GT is nothing more than a 10k appearance package for the reg. GT. Completely different than the GT500.
    yes...yes it is

  13. #93
    Senior Member BLKCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,100

    B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

    camarolvr69 & nevrlift...ya'll are correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    I thought the no S/C one had GT500 on the side
    It's that "thinking" thing again.

    aswell either way there both too slow lol, i ran a 12.8 and i have seen guys run slower with 500hp.
    I ran 12.5 with way less HP than a stock LS1. What's your point?

  14. #94
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    Bob go fuck yourself

  15. #95
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fort Benning, GA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    435

    Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

    damn, 2000T/A Guru, you are just racking up the warning points. You may not be on this website much longer.

  16. #96
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fort Benning, GA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    435

    Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

    Oh btw, I stopped at the local Ford Dealership to inquire about trading in my vette for the pretty white w/ blue stripes GT500, but they wanted $64k. The sticker was only $46k. I think I'll be keeping the vette a little while longer .

    Chris

  17. #97
    Member camarolvr69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    384

    Silver
    1997 camaro z28

    What year is your corvette?
    I would stay away from those GT500s. You pay 64k and as soon as you drive off the lot its probably lost 10k lol. Because that 20k extra is all dealer markup.

  18. #98
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fort Benning, GA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    435

    Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

    '97..... and yeah, I didn't even take it for a test drive. I told him that I would not pay over sticker. He said they expected to make 15-18 over. I gave him my number in case they have any trouble selling it.

  19. #99
    Member camarolvr69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    384

    Silver
    1997 camaro z28

    Tell him you'll jump ship and buy a c6 z06 if he doesn't give you a reasonable price .
    Bet you he'll change his tune. 15-18k yeah right.

  20. #100
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fort Benning, GA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    435

    Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

    I actually did mention that, and I wasn't lying. I'd buy a Z before I'd pay that for a GT500.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •