Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

98Z28 vs 68SS

This is a discussion on 98Z28 vs 68SS within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by 1972_Z-28 Agree 500 HP out of an "old school" 350 is not hard. the LT1 was rated ...

  1. #21
    Member 98Z28CamaroJG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Altoona and Downingtown, PA
    Posts
    271

    Black
    1998 Z28 and 67 Firebird

    Quote Originally Posted by 1972_Z-28 View Post
    Agree 500 HP out of an "old school" 350 is not hard. the LT1 was rated 360 Hp from the factory back in the day, cam swap, alum. heads will easliy get you 500. I'm not an engine builder so I will refrain from arguring about. Anyhow the original post\story was cool to read.
    Thanks for the props i agree that 350's can make alot of hp, easily 500. in this case however i don't think that was the case because i had a car and a half on him. if he had 500 hp i don't think that would happen

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by 98Z28CamaroJG View Post
    Thanks for the props i agree that 350's can make alot of hp, easily 500. in this case however i don't think that was the case because i had a car and a half on him. if he had 500 hp i don't think that would happen
    That 68 is probaly a 3800lbs car with his whole family in the car probably 4300 or so. Weight hurts so you never know, plus alot of crate engines that say 500hp also only dyno 370-390whp after drivetrain and accesories are added in.

  3. #23
    Member 98Z28CamaroJG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Altoona and Downingtown, PA
    Posts
    271

    Black
    1998 Z28 and 67 Firebird

    Very true. and he didn't know much about his car, which leads me to believe he doesn't drive it much, or very well. Could have had problems shifting his 4-speed well in that case.

  4. #24
    Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    716

    Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

    Nice race no matter the numbers, good kill, stay safe.

  5. #25
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    Was this a Camaro SS? or Chevelle SS? or what?
    kids and dog in the back you say?

    was an el camino ss

  6. #26
    Member 4thGenTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    farmington
    Posts
    181

    black
    2002 firebird trans am

    hows the konis in front and bilsteins in back treating you?
    nice kill!

  7. #27
    Member 98Z28CamaroJG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Altoona and Downingtown, PA
    Posts
    271

    Black
    1998 Z28 and 67 Firebird

    Quote Originally Posted by 4thGenTA View Post
    hows the konis in front and bilsteins in back treating you?
    nice kill!
    They're actually real good! i autocross and so far have been doing very well thanks to them

  8. #28
    Member 98Z28CamaroJG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Altoona and Downingtown, PA
    Posts
    271

    Black
    1998 Z28 and 67 Firebird

    Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    kids and dog in the back you say?

    was an el camino ss
    hahaha yeah i'm sure. couldn't believe my eyes though

  9. #29
    Member 98Z28CamaroJG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Altoona and Downingtown, PA
    Posts
    271

    Black
    1998 Z28 and 67 Firebird

    Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    Nice race no matter the numbers, good kill, stay safe.
    thank you very much. and i usually take it to the track, but i'll stay safer. no point in wasting the car or my life or other's too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 98z28 vs. 2010 GTI
    By 98Z28CamaroJG in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-24-2010, 08:06 PM
  2. 98z28
    By ROMERO98Z28 in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-04-2009, 09:16 PM
  3. 98z28 vs 99 z28
    By Ieatstangs in forum General Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-20-2008, 08:04 PM
  4. 98z28 Vs. 05 srt 4
    By Zboner in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-05-2006, 09:45 AM
  5. 02 ss Vs. 98z28
    By Zboner in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 04-15-2006, 12:12 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •