Thread: 98z vs. 93-97z

Red
    99 camaro Z-28

98z vs. 93-97z

I ran a lt-1 z this afternoon. He said he had a 383 and shaved heads and a cam. I was behind him at first and he gunned it a couple of times once or twice I wasnt paying attention and one time I had to let off cause I was about to run into the back off him. He pulled over and thats when we talked and he said he had a 383. I then asked if I could get in front this time cause it was only a 2 lane rd. He agreeded and I pulled out and waited for him to get behind. I paced for a couple of seconds at about 20mph so I could make sure he was ready. I gun it and hit second, I look up and he is about 3 cars back. I hit 3rd and look up and he is about 6 cars back. I hit 4th and went to about 110mph and look back and he is about 10 cars back. I dont think he had a built engine it would have been a lot closer than that or he might even have beat me. Plus when we where stopped it didnt sound like he had a big cam. Sounded like he had a stock engine with flowmaster exhuast. What do you guys think?
    oh, by the way when I get on my car in 1st I hear something rattle under the car any ideas? loose exhaust?

WHat are your mods?

Stock for stock and you wouldnt have beat him bye 10 cars.

Sounds like you raced a v6. If it was a 383 with heads and cam against a stock LS1 youd be toast.

Red
    99 camaro Z-28

I have free ram air mod mti lid, and flowmaster muffler and I am a six speed. I dont know if he was a auto or not?

red
    1998 z28

get the flowmaster off have one on my 98 z went to tuner last week said before he started that muffler is robbing 20 to 25 hp from ls1 at lease get a cutout or magaflow

Black
    2002 Z28

Lt1 Vs Ls1

Ya something is off there. I will say this I have a lt1 car and a ls1 car the 93lt1 is an auto with all of the boltons and the 02Ls1 is an M6 but completely stock. There is no doubt that my LT1 would crush my LS1 in a race.

red
    97slp ramair

yea right

383 more like 3.3 383 can make 400 plus easy and its very good in its power band up till 7000 plus.

NBM
    '00 Z28

hey, good kill. Just because it was a 383 doesn't mean the car was running right /tuned properly. For all of those that don't believe that you could pull like that because it was a 383, well, that's why you race it.

They give the team that looks better on paper the superbowl. Nope, you gotta prove it on the field. In this case, the underdog took the win.

NBM
    '00 Z28

oh yeah, get rid of the flowmaster.

Red
    99 camaro Z-28

well like i said he was a bull shitter cause his car sounded stock. But I didnt want to just call him out. Action speak louder than words as I proved. I think his car was a stock lt1 with a flowmaster muffler and was probably a auto. I walked away slowly at first and just started pulling faster and faster as I went through the gears. Oh yea, I hate my flowmaster but it came on the car when I bought it. Getting ready to do headers ypipe no cats, cat back, and computer tune next. Hopefully get me around 340 to 350 at the wheels?

Thread Information