Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

98SS V's 03 Cobra

This is a discussion on 98SS V's 03 Cobra within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by bbs281 i call bs no way u beat 03 with those mods, maybe keep up, i ran ...

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by bbs281
    i call bs no way u beat 03 with those mods, maybe keep up, i ran 7.9 1\8 stock 03 w no mods.
    Says you have a gt in your sig...was it a friends cobra?

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    Says you have a gt in your sig...was it a friends cobra?

He don't know he ran it while playin Need for Speed

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731
    He don't know he ran it while playin Need for Speed
    right on man

i call bs no way u beat 03 with those mods, maybe keep up, i ran 7.9 1\8 stock 03 w no mods.
    would you call BS on my post then? (see ran an 03 cobra and 05 GTO thread) i don't see why he couldn't beat one. the cobra i ran dynod 485 rwhp to my 400 rwhp. im sure the driving factor had something to do with it.

silver
    01 mustang gt

7.9 1/8 mile

silver
    01 mustang gt

7.9 1/8 mile, high 12.40's full weight on 16 inch waffles, bfg drags

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

You said you ran an 03 mustang was it a Cobra? Was it a friends car?

silver
    01 mustang gt

i do a silver gt, the cobra is my pops car

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

Those times you posted, were they in your car or your pops?

7.9 1/8 mile, high 12.40's full weight on 16 inch waffles, bfg drags
    Gm high tech said the LS1 had stock street tires. (100% stock)
    12.8 on a 90 degree day.
    add your bfg drags and a few bolt ons he is right with you.
    Then its driver vs driver.

silver
    01 mustang gt

Quote Originally Posted by 98LSGUN
    Those times you posted, were they in your car or your pops?
    with me driving pops cars 7.9s 1/8 mile
    me driving my car 01 silver gt straight from the dealership 8.7s best stock, with street tires

ian022
    this is my first post on this site but i gotta call BS on this post. there is no way you beat an 03 cobra with that car. either that or the driver sucked.
    i bet you couldn't even tell the difference between an 01 and 03 cobra. not only that but some guys with na cobras are putting the 03 body work on and giving the sc'd cobras a bad name.
    NO way you beat that car with yours.......it has way more power than you and shitloads of torque.
    Ian

WS6 Rice Extermination MaxPlusTen's Avatar

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

Quote Originally Posted by ian022
    this is my first post on this site but i gotta call BS on this post. there is no way you beat an 03 cobra with that car. either that or the driver sucked.
    i bet you couldn't even tell the difference between an 01 and 03 cobra. not only that but some guys with na cobras are putting the 03 body work on and giving the sc'd cobras a bad name.
    NO way you beat that car with yours.......it has way more power than you and shitloads of torque.
    Ian
    ya know what...im sick of this bullshit. THIS IS AN LS1 site. If you dont want to admit that a Cobra can be beat by an LS1 kiss our ass and go back to your mustang forums and post about all the LS1s you beat. Stock for Stock yes a cobra can beat an ls1...but ya know what...he has mods... and drivers make a diffrence...gearing...to many variables to list. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN A STREET RACE! So start liking it or get lost, we dont want trash talkers here trolling our kill stories and saying the big bad Cobra is the god of muscle cars...let me tell ya somethin buddy...theres more than alot thatll blow away an 03-04 Cobra... lets see what ittl do agains the new Z-06...then talk shit. ITS MUSCLE DAMNIT! you wouldnt even have muscle cars if it wernt for GM! So learn to live with it and get along with the rest of us car guys and stop it with the stupid clicks...JUST LIKE CARS BECAUSE OF WHAT THEY ARE!!! THERES NOTHING MORE TOO IT THAN THAT.... FUCK THE WHOLE IMPORT VRS. DOMESTIC WAR, IF A GUY LIKES CARS AND HES A DECENT GUY WHO RESPECTS OTHERE PEOPLES CARS...THEN HES GOOD IN MY BOOK! BUT ALL YOU LITTLE ASSHOLES WHO HAVE TO TRASH ON OTHER PEOPLES CARS KISS MY ASS...YOUR ALL DUECHE BAGS.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPlusTen
    ya know what...im sick of this bullshit. THIS IS AN LS1 site. If you dont want to admit that a Cobra can be beat by an LS1 kiss our ass and go back to your mustang forums and post about all the LS1s you beat. Stock for Stock yes a cobra can beat an ls1...but ya know what...he has mods... and drivers make a diffrence...gearing...to many variables to list. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN A STREET RACE! So start liking it or get lost, we dont want trash talkers here trolling our kill stories and saying the big bad Cobra is the god of muscle cars...let me tell ya somethin buddy...theres more than alot thatll blow away an 03-04 Cobra... lets see what ittl do agains the new Z-06...then talk shit. ITS MUSCLE DAMNIT! you wouldnt even have muscle cars if it wernt for GM! So learn to live with it and get along with the rest of us car guys and stop it with the stupid clicks...JUST LIKE CARS BECAUSE OF WHAT THEY ARE!!! THERES NOTHING MORE TOO IT THAN THAT.... FUCK THE WHOLE IMPORT VRS. DOMESTIC WAR, IF A GUY LIKES CARS AND HES A DECENT GUY WHO RESPECTS OTHERE PEOPLES CARS...THEN HES GOOD IN MY BOOK! BUT ALL YOU LITTLE ASSHOLES WHO HAVE TO TRASH ON OTHER PEOPLES CARS KISS MY ASS...YOUR ALL DUECHE BAGS.
    you must not have been a member very long. This site use to have a lot of just flat out car talk and arguements on the kills section.

Red
    '85 GT

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt
    you must not have been a member very long. This site use to have a lot of just flat out car talk and arguements on the kills section.
    Yeah wtf happened to this place, seriosuly? Back in 02 and 03 this place had car guys, now it "seems" like a bunch young guys with ls1's thinking they're gods fucking gift to the world. Did this place shut down for a while or what??

ian022
    so......maxplusten, you are comparing the 03-04 cobra to the new zo6 corvette??? and you say that there would be no muscle cars without gm?
    how old are you? actually pontiac started the whole "muscle car" thing...but that doesn't have anything to do with what I said. I merely said that I call bs because that car with those mods is unlikely to beat a car that has much more power.
    what does an ls1 camaro or transam put down to the wheels stock? the 03-04 puts down almost what ford advertises at the FW. you'd have to do a hell of alot of mods to an ls1 car to beat these new supercharged cobras. especially off the line. the roots blowers make tons of torque.
    having said that. i've owned 4 mustangs, 2 z28s and i now drive a bmw(not sure why i bought that last one). i am planning to sell my car and get a ram-air trans-am. or a firehawk if i can find one for a good price. i am not loyal to any car brand but it's really hard to compete with a 30k dollar car with almost 400 hp to the fw. hell some of them are making almost 400 at the wheels. i saw an article with an 03 cobra that made 387 to the wheels stock.
    i wish the T/A's came with forged pistons, lower cr and decent rods so i could buy one slap a supercharger on it and turn up the boost. then i'd go cobra hunting!!! oh yeah, the rear would break from the first 1-2 shift.
    Ian

silver
    02/SS/M6

Yes an 03 cobra should beat a ls1 car.....but it DIDN'T!! Good kill man. ford finnaly makes a pusstang that is faster (stock) than the ls1 cars but not until the year they stopped making the f-bod. 390hp for supercharged DOHC motor.......

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

It's a well known fact that all the 98-02 SS's & WS6's were very under rated (GM didn't want people to think they had the same numbers or close to it as the vette's) unlike the fords that didn't have the advertised 320 hp at the fw. Ford was recalling those things left and right. If you read some of my other posts you'll see I owned a mustang and yes it was a cobra but it my book it doesn't compare to what I have now. Just like several other people have pointed out the only yr that the mustang has been able to walk an LS1 is when GM stopped making them. The truth hurts...

ian022
    how underrated were the ls1's? how much more power did they get with the ls6 intake in 01-02?? it seems to me that it'd be more than just 5-10......how much more does the ls6 intake flow than the ls1 intake?
    the one thing i didn't like about my 01 cobra was the lack of low end power. but that was never really intended for those cars....i had 4.30 gears in my car to keep it in the powerband...really made good power from 3800 to 5500 but that's it. couldn't get any traction with that car. the brakes on m 01 were amazing, best brakes i've ever used.
    the cobra motor was so big because of the dohc it looked like a big block, and the plugs couldn't be easier to change...but it was a real pita to install headers..there is no room in that engine bay. what i like about the ls1 is that it's so small, looks like there's alot of room under the hood.
    after this next deployment i'm gonna get a ram air TA. can't wait.
    Ian

you could go cobra hunting just by putting a cam in the ls1. check out some of the vids on www.need2speed.com there are some bad ass cars in those videos, both LS1s and cobras. look for the names jaegermeister (cam only) and havoc (cam + sprayed)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information