Thread: 98 z28 vs evo 9

silver
    2000 z28 camaro

98 z28 vs evo 9

on my way to work this morning, the dude in the evo is in his mid 20's. so i give him a rev as i go by. what do you know hes right on my ass as i merge on the highway. he is shaking his finger thinking it will be an easy win.. so as we merge on at about 20 mph im right in the power of first. we launch and i go out about a car through first, as i hit second put about another car or car and a half on him, but when the car gets through 2nd it hits the limiter for some reason. he doesnt gain much though, the car hits 3rd and started to pull right away again. in the end i probably had about 3 to 4 lengths on him. car felt real good, pulled hard and never gave the evo a chance.

my mods: yank 3600 stall, 3.73's, longtubes, high flow cats, slp loudmouth, sfc's, ls6 intake, smooth bellow, pretty much full bolton. with drag radials.

evo mods: from what i could see it had exhaust. blow off wasnt too loud sounded mostly stock. it had mr badges but i thought a mr had more than that.

up soon: kid from school just boosted his integra. its on 9 pounds all supporting mods. im 95% sure i got him easily but looking to see what you guys think...?

I think you will have no problem with the integra 9lbs is not much boost on a 4cyl.

silver
    2000 z28 camaro

thats what i thought too. but i have never raced something that was boosted aftermarket. from a dig it should be over on the launch.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by mgillen18 View Post
    thats what i thought too. but i have never raced something that was boosted aftermarket. from a dig it should be over on the launch.
    With gears, a stall, and DR's, you betcha Unless your 10-bolt takes a dump on you.

silver
    2000 z28 camaro

ha please dont even make me think about it, as i see it i might as well break it before i buy a new one. but i have avoided the track with the d/r's for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by mgillen18 View Post
    Definitely boosted 4s are a bitch to launch unless this guy really knows how to drive his car you will be way out on him if you go from a dig.

silver
    2000 z28 camaro

the car has a two step im not sure if he will launch off it or not but im not too worried about it. well see if he wants to lose some money.

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

9lbs of boost is nothin to be worried about. My ? would be, how do you know its "9lbs of boost?" He may say that and really be pushing 25-30. Then your gonna have a fight on your hands. He will still have a prob off the dig, but when the boost hits and he's rolling... look out. I live by the moto, "never underestimate your opponent."

black
    04 evo8

Ur from de? Ill run ya for some cash hommie

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

^ I can tell this guy is straight up funkalicious, and parties with patron

silver
    2000 z28 camaro

although i dont know for a fact it is 9 lbs the kid would tell me day by day how the build was going. ive been friends with him hes not be cocky about it or anything. and he told me 9 lbs and that he doesnt have a boost controller. seen and heard the car run, i really dont think its big boost like that.

second, if i had a 600 hp car we could do that but 600awhp > 360 rwhp not much of a contest.

White
    99 trans am

Do you have stock rear with gears? I wanna put gears in mine but I'm worried the rear is to weak.

Quote Originally Posted by xcelr8 View Post
    Ur from de? Ill run ya for some cash hommie
    really?
    Why do people with pretty much every mod under the sun for a car want to race a near stock one?

White
    99 trans am

Cause when they can't drive they still might win. Might not be the case with this guy cause I don't know him but from experience that's how it usually is.

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Nice kill OP, gotta teach them imports a lesson. And if the intengra is legit, you'll waste him. Trust me

"Cause when they can't drive they still might win. Might not be the case with this guy cause I don't know him but from experience that's how it usually is. "

And its not to compensate on a driver mod, its just being cocky. Both are usually true though, though this evo kid can drive I think. So just the former is applicable.
    2002 Black/Ebony M6 WS6: Lid, Filter, Smooth Bellow, P&P TB (!Bump Stop), Magnaflow Cat-Back (dumped after the axle), 4.10s, Hypertech ME Tune, eibach springs 4/4, LCA relocating brackets, PHB, free mods, 17" TTMs.

Thread Information