Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51

98 trans am VS 01 Cobra

This is a discussion on 98 trans am VS 01 Cobra within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; a local kid was running his mouth about how he had the fastest car in town and this and that.... ...

  1. #1
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    98 trans am VS 01 Cobra

    a local kid was running his mouth about how he had the fastest car in town and this and that.... well word got back around to me pretty quickly.. i supposedly (according to him) had been "dodging" him for the past few weeks...

    he had been trying to get me to run but couldnt get a hold of me... now in a bigger town i could understand this.. but EVERYONE knows me and my car in this town.. almost everyone has my number.. its easy to get in touch with me, ESPECIALLY about racing..

    so.. i was driving by Krystals (food place) one day in the far left lane.. i just happened to glance over and see his cobra sitting there... a few seconds later i was parked next to it looking in at the boys he was with and them having their jaws dropped.. haha..

    i went inside and asked him if he was ready to do it.. he agreed and got up.. i told him i could either run him on street tires, or my slicks.. he said he wanted everything i had and wanted me to run on slicks.. i went to the house to get them and he ended up calling and bitching that he was on street tires... SO! i said fine i will run on street tires also.. and let him know it wasnt going to matter..

    i showed back up.. we talked the race over a little bit then rolled out..

    race was 20mph-110mph.. well at least i hit 110... he probably i 70... hahahaha..
    since i was on street tires and didnt want to blow the tires off, i 1/2-3/4 him till about 50 and then 3/4-full throttled him to about 65ish.. then was WOT until 110..

    i apologize for the thread.. the girl was taking the vid on her phone..

    http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/g...stockCobra.flv


    MODS:

    cobra- 01 bone stock with the wing, aftermarket hood, and 18s..

    trans am- stock of course

  2. #2
    old timer blue02Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,805

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

    i dont think he was racing, 01 cobras are nothing like a termi but they dont go down that easy. lol. good kill if he was

  3. #3
    War Machine BIG GUNS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    St. Louis MO.
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,100

    Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

    Yeah, didn't look like he even hit it. Even so, T/A ftw!!!

  4. #4
    Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    3,779

    06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

    Sounds like your a big fish in a small pond, if your TA is all stock. Good kill, but be prepared to lose, I know I am.

  5. #5
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Beaver Dam KY
    Posts
    7,746

    79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

    Nice Race,but it looks like he didnt try, also did he almost hit that car that was comming right at him?!

  6. #6
    Senior Member karpetcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Tujunga, CA
    Posts
    1,646

    White
    01 Camaro 6speed

    Ive actually raced a few 01's and driven one on several occasions, it is fast but not as fast as the LS1 either way its not that slow looking at the vid, unless he is a horrible driver meaning doesnt know were the gas pedal is, did you talk to him afterwards about what happened. I wouldve rubbed it in his face even more though for not being a good driver and all that talking he did, he cant even drive. Either way you wouldve still beat him

  7. #7
    Member mogs01gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    37
    Posts
    676
    lol stock my ass! Sucker sounded like open headers.

  8. #8
    Senior Member SS02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    2,819

    None
    ...

    Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    lol stock my ass! Sucker sounded like open headers.

  9. #9
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    i dont think he was racing, 01 cobras are nothing like a termi but they dont go down that easy. lol. good kill if he was
    he was racing, trust me..

    depends on what your driving whether they go down that easy or not..
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG GUNS View Post
    Yeah, didn't look like he even hit it. Even so, T/A ftw!!!
    he hit it..

    Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    Sounds like your a big fish in a small pond, if your TA is all stock. Good kill, but be prepared to lose, I know I am.
    i think its the other way around... im not prepared to lose.. im prepared to win.. and of course im stock..

    Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Nice Race,but it looks like he didnt try, also did he almost hit that car that was comming right at him?!
    he was trying.. no i had 15-20 or so car lengths on him by that time and he scooted into the lane i was in..

    Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    Ive actually raced a few 01's and driven one on several occasions, it is fast but not as fast as the LS1 either way its not that slow looking at the vid, unless he is a horrible driver meaning doesnt know were the gas pedal is, did you talk to him afterwards about what happened. I wouldve rubbed it in his face even more though for not being a good driver and all that talking he did, he cant even drive. Either way you wouldve still beat him
    i cant help that... guess he didnt know where the pedal was.......

    Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    lol stock my ass! Sucker sounded like open headers.
    of course its stock...............

  10. #10
    Approver of Threads SpecterGT260's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    205

    Blacked out
    '98 Trans Am

    so he was in the suicide lane and ur calling this a decisive win even though a car passes within seconds of you punching it?

    dude, try him again. i wouldnt even blame him if he starts running his mouth again. if hes pretty much stock you are going to waste him, but dont give him any ammo

  11. #11
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Beaver Dam KY
    Posts
    7,746

    79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

    LOL lemons is all stock.. his car weights 2000lbs

  12. #12
    Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    3,779

    06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    i think its the other way around... im not prepared to lose.. im prepared to win.. and of course im stock..
    lol i knew you name and the whole punisher racing looked familar when you gonna stop fuckin with everyone lol
    hes 11 sec club on tech guys....

    http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?u=96349

  13. #13
    Approver of Threads SpecterGT260's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    205

    Blacked out
    '98 Trans Am

    well, u aint gangsta if u aint hustlin them races
    lame. u lie about ur ride u make everyone look bad. end of story

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Springfield
    Age
    30
    Posts
    330

    Silver
    2004 SVT Cobra

    Stock LS1s dont need slicks to hook up, simple as that.
    Last edited by drummer52910; 01-09-2009 at 04:14 PM.

  15. #15
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    even if he was stock, he would still brutalize that cobra.

  16. #16
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by SpecterGT260 View Post
    so he was in the suicide lane and ur calling this a decisive win even though a car passes within seconds of you punching it?

    dude, try him again. i wouldnt even blame him if he starts running his mouth again. if hes pretty much stock you are going to waste him, but dont give him any ammo
    yes he was in the on coming lane..

    yes i would call it a SLAUGHTER... when that car passed, i had about 20 car lengths on him... he had already scooted back over and was still WOT..

    i would blame him if he started running his mouth, i Punished the shit out of him..

    if we went from a dig.. and i let him spray me with a 200 shot and i went all motor with my slicks.. i would still make him look silly..

    Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    LOL lemons is all stock.. his car weights 2000lbs
    yes i am!

    and actually it weighs 2950 right now! im going this weekend to pick up my pinon.. and ordered my seats tonight...

    Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    lol i knew you name and the whole punisher racing looked familar when you gonna stop fuckin with everyone lol
    hes 11 sec club on tech guys....

    http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?u=96349
    what is this "Punisher Racing" you talk of?

    11 second............. o yea.. it still says that...

    Quote Originally Posted by SpecterGT260 View Post
    well, u aint gangsta if u aint hustlin them races
    lame. u lie about ur ride u make everyone look bad. end of story
    the kid i raced knew EXACTLY what i had.. i dont hide anything with my setup..

    EVERYONE in my town knows EXACTLY what my car has..

    i will tell you... then you can come get punished... how about that?

    Quote Originally Posted by drummer52910 View Post
    Stock LS1s dont need to slicks to hook up, simple as that.
    your right... i should just leave street tires on...

    Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    even if he was stock, he would still brutalize that cobra.
    yes.. this is true... woulda still walked him pretty good.. 8.4@84 stock..

  17. #17
    Senior Member BLKCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,100

    B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

    Please tell me your car runs significantly faster than the 7.5/90 mph shown on LS1Tech.com?

  18. #18
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Please tell me your car runs significantly faster than the 7.5/90 mph shown on LS1Tech.com?
    why no.....................








    does it look faster than 7.5@90?

  19. #19
    Senior Member BLKCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,100

    B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    does it look faster than 7.5@90?
    Not at all.

    However, judging by how fast you pulled away, that Cobra looks waaaaayyyy slower than the 82-84-ish MPH that it should run in the 1/8th (assuming it is essentially stock).

    I'd wouldn't crow too much over a video like that. A real race? Maybe.

    BTW....7.5 @ 90 mph seems a bit slow for an A4 LS1 making 385 RWHP @ 3250 lbs raceweight on decent tire. Don't you think?

  20. #20
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Not at all.

    However, judging by how fast you pulled away, that Cobra looks waaaaayyyy slower than the 82-84-ish MPH that it should run in the 1/8th (assuming it is essentially stock).

    I'd wouldn't crow too much over a video like that. A real race? Maybe.

    BTW....7.5 @ 90 mph seems a bit slow for an A4 LS1 making 385 RWHP @ 3250 lbs raceweight on decent tire. Don't you think?
    well it should look a lot faster than a 7.5@90....

    it is a stock 01 cobra.. aftermarket wing, hood, and TT rims....
    compared to a car that traps 95+mph in the 1/8 on motor it should look dog slow..

    man.. it was fun and games to me.. as you can see by this thread... and the thread on tech... i thought it was funny, before/during/after the race....
    there are fast cars out there, faster than mine... but this one was not, not even close... i know what my car is capable of.. and i know what it runs..

    yes that is slow.. i never once bragged about that, althought it didnt piss me off... i was actually expecting a 7.6-7.7 that night, so it turned out a decent night.... i know the reasons it didnt run the times i wanted that night... and i know what it runs now, thats all that matter..

    if you would like to call my car out... go ahead and do it... no reason to beat around the bush..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale: 1998 WS6 Trans Am and Mustang Cobra
    By svtguy03 in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-17-2009, 12:56 PM
  2. 2008 Cobra Jet Mustang - Return Of The Cobra Jets
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2009, 09:16 AM
  3. 99 trans am vs. 98 cobra
    By NewYawk WS6 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 09:02 AM
  4. Trans Am vs Cobra
    By M-Ten in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 186
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 07:25 PM
  5. 2003 SVT Cobra or 98-2002 Trans Am WS6?
    By BlkBirdWS623 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 03-09-2006, 07:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •