black
    1998 Trans Am ram air

98 TA ram air vert vs. 01 cobra vert vs. 06 350

hey everyone new to the forum

My car is a 1998 trans am ram air convert. I have a trick flow 12 bolt rear end, with 4:10s , full exhaust, hypertech programmer, rebuilt tranny with shift kit, and brand new DR's
    buddys car is a 01 cobra vert, with full exhaust, 3 73s,
    other guy is a 06 nismo edition 350 z with full exhaust ( from what i could tel)

I own a small used car lot and these guys stopped in looking at a truck i have for sale, they see my trans am sitting there and start to talk a lil too much. So we each throw in 100 bucks and go 20 a race (5 races)
    1st race, i jump 2 cars on both till 115
    2nd race, i lost traction shifting into 2nd and cobra got me by half car
    3rd race, same as first
    all the while the guy in 350z is saying he can't hook up, so we go somewhere else
    4th race on new terrain, 350 z jumps a car on both of us, but i run him down by 90 or so
    5 race, same as 1st i pull a few cars and hold it the whole time

all in all i was pretty impressed with the NA cobra, i had a 99 and it was a f****n turd!!! lots of fun though and they both got respect for the trans am now, both asked me how much i want for it too!!! I said not for sale bitches

silver
    2002 ws6

nice kills

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

haha, nice kills. The 01 cobras were much better then the 99's after ford resolved the issue with them not putting up good numbers on the dyno. Either way good job on the victories.

black
    1998 Trans Am ram air

thanks bro,

and yea that nismo 350 ran damn good for a NA v6, i was very impressed, the dude who owns it has a greddy twin turbo kit for that 350 sittin in his garage....
    hey you know about rear ends in these ta's? i just bought this car (the 98) and it has a cover over the rear end that says trick flow, it has been regeared and it howls when coasting, as soon as you touch the pedal it goes away, surely if the previous owner went to the trouble to regear it , they would have rebuilt/replaced the rear end right? does trick flow even make rear ends??

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

If it howls it could be from a couple of things, you could have 3.73's gears and checking to see what weight oil was used is very important, also did any of the bearing get replaced and what was the backlash. If i were you i would take it to a diff shop just to have them open it up and look at it and change the oil while your there. If the howl is real loud then i would take it in right away, but usually with performance gears it will have some kinda howl to it. Fortunantly mind doesnt at all but the shop that did it is very reputable, either way have it checked just for peace of mind and change the oil in it, you never know how long it has been since the last change and what weight was used. Example my dad's cargo van when he changed the oil i repeatidly told him to make sure he uses the weight suggested by the dealer and the guy at the shop put in whatever he had it and the thing howls crazy now. There are others here that are way more knowledgable in this subject then me and can more then likely give you better advice, either way GL.

black
    1998 Trans Am ram air

how do i tell if i have 3 73's? car runs around 3k at about 70 maybe like 2,800k at 70 , thats a 373 isn't it?

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I havent driven an auto for a while to know what rpms it should be at but from what your saying at 70MPH your about 2800rpms then you might even have 4.10's but at the very least i would think your at 3.73's. I would post a new thread on drivetrain section and ask, youll get enough people that have the same car with about the same rpms and mph that can guide you in a better direction.

Thread Information