Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 69

95 firebird vs 98-02 camaro z28

This is a discussion on 95 firebird vs 98-02 camaro z28 within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by zinergy he meant the 3800 cant hold its own against either 5.7.... The lt1 or ls1. ah ...

  1. #21
    old timer blue02Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,805

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by zinergy View Post
    he meant the 3800 cant hold its own against either 5.7.... The lt1 or ls1.
    ah i c i c

  2. #22
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    The only way an l36 is going to pull on either the LS1 or the LT1 is if they brake serious traction. But then both will reel in the 3800 like a minow on a deep sea fishin' pole..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif


    Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

  3. #23
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    The only way an l36 is going to pull on either the LS1 or the LT1 is if they brake serious traction. But then both will reel in the 3800 like a minow on a deep sea fishin' pole..
    agreed, if he isn't bs'ing you it wont even be a race it'll be like a 1.6 civic vs. your 3.8

  4. #24
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    agreed, if he isn't bs'ing you it wont even be a race it'll be like a 1.6 civic vs. your 3.8
    It would be a different story had GM used a multicam v6 tho.. But instead they opted for all iron.. Had the 3800 been a 2/4-cammer this discussion would be different as well.. Unfortunately high feature v6's won't fit under our hoods..

  5. #25
    I Drive A 95' AfterYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Granbury, Texas
    Posts
    441

    01' Firebird Pewter
    98' Trans Am Black

    thanks for the input guys! I was just wondering about his car since i literally know about nothing about Camaros

  6. #26
    Socially Unacceptable 1LOMARO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Concord NC
    Posts
    59

    Silver
    98 Camaro

    Careful fellas... not to put down the almighty LS1's, but there are some 3800 V6's out there that will keep up... case in point is this:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/WTFBODY#p/u/15/EdIZMhNroSc

  7. #27
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by 1LOMARO View Post
    Careful fellas... not to put down the almighty LS1's, but there are some 3800 V6's out there that will keep up... case in point is this:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/WTFBODY#p/u/15/EdIZMhNroSc
    .add that was a 1.9 60ft too! Imagine if he had traction...

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Yep, but then again FI v8 is still better than FI v6. Bigger is better for power, powerband and turbo spool.

  9. #29
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Yep, but then again FI v8 is still better than FI v6. Bigger is better for power, powerband and turbo spool.
    +1.....

  10. #30
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Yep, but then again FI v8 is still better than FI v6. Bigger is better for power, powerband and turbo spool.
    yeah yeah so we've heard jk

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    yeah yeah so we've heard jk
    Its ok, I DD a 4cylinder turbo

  12. #32
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    It would be a different story had GM used a multicam v6 tho.. But instead they opted for all iron.. Had the 3800 been a 2/4-cammer this discussion would be different as well.. Unfortunately high feature v6's won't fit under our hoods..
    ya ya ya coulda shoulda woulda lol















  13. #33
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    ya ya ya coulda shoulda woulda lol














    Haha but v6 models would have been @ least a little more fun. Would have been a little more respectable car too. imho.. I mean it's so stupid that GM used the l67 in puller cars for years, why not the Camaro/Bird?? Makes no sense to me.. It's only a ~40hp bolt on really.. It's not like it would contend with an LS1 car.. Even in l67 form it's still well under the ls1 stock platform.... Tho an l67 would still be lighter
    Last edited by Smittro; 10-11-2010 at 07:51 AM.

  14. #34
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    true im sure that they woulda sold a few more of them too but i guess its one of those things

  15. #35
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Hell they could have used a vortec 4.3, @ least then we'd have a few more cudes to play with.. Ohwell i guess I'll have to stroke it..

  16. #36
    Senior Member TLS_Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,706

    Ray Charles blue
    1492

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Hell they could have used a vortec 4.3, @ least then we'd have a few more cudes to play with.. Ohwell i guess I'll have to stroke it..
    Dude, this is about cars not your personal life....lol j/k

    I wish they would have offered a 4.3 or 3.8 super charged version of the Camaro. It would have been a nice alternative.

  17. #37
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    park bench
    Posts
    1,399
    gmcheviac

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Haha but v6 models would have been @ least a little more fun. Would have been a little more respectable car too. imho.. I mean it's so stupid that GM used the l67 in puller cars for years, why not the Camaro/Bird?? Makes no sense to me.. It's only a ~40hp bolt on really.. It's not like it would contend with an LS1 car.. Even in l67 form it's still well under the ls1 stock platform.... Tho an l67 would still be lighter
    because the v6 was a cheap high school cheerleader/economy car. Op, you'll be slaughtered

  18. #38
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    because the v6 was a cheap high school cheerleader/economy car. Op, you'll be slaughtered
    Still a Camaro .. Fully loaded y87 cars come with all the same things the z28 has except a v8.. Carry more (blue book) resale value than a base z too. Those whom drive 165hp pickups should'nt throw stones..lol
    Last edited by Smittro; 10-11-2010 at 07:36 PM.

  19. #39
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    Dude, this is about cars not your personal life....lol j/k

    I wish they would have offered a 4.3 or 3.8 super charged version of the Camaro. It would have been a nice alternative.
    Haha.. I'm not a big fan of the 4.3 tho.. All those extra cubes and only gettin' base l36 numbers.. Ahhhh GM...

  20. #40
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    park bench
    Posts
    1,399
    gmcheviac

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Still a Camaro .. Fully loaded y87 cars come with all the same things the z28 has except a v8.. Carry more (blue book) resale value than a base z too. Those whom drive 165hp pickups should'nt throw stones..lol
    I don't, either one. Nor was either one down at that level.
    200 hp @4600 rpm and 260 lb·ft @ 2800 RPM from a 4.3 is a large step up from 200@5200 and 220 ft/lbs@4000. Wasn't attacking your car, it was designed for economy and affordability, not thrill factor
    Last edited by wheeliE-maxx; 10-11-2010 at 09:44 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale: Firebird gone! 98-02 firebird camaro parts left in my garage
    By JayTA98 in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-08-2015, 05:25 PM
  2. WTB V6 Firebird/Camaro
    By Getzen_Guy in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-12-2008, 02:02 AM
  3. WTT for gto,camaro,firebird
    By andrsn52a in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-02-2007, 11:42 AM
  4. 02 firebird v6 vs 93 camaro rs v8
    By larryndog in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-17-2007, 06:10 PM
  5. 02 v6 firebird vs 93 camaro rs
    By larryndog in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-17-2007, 02:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •