Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 91011121314 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 275

94 Z28 6 speed Vs 01 Z28 6 speed

This is a discussion on 94 Z28 6 speed Vs 01 Z28 6 speed within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; I'm so glad the race finally went down. The end result seemed to be consistent with what most of the ...

  1. #241
    JUISSED Midnight02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Age
    37
    Posts
    663

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

    I'm so glad the race finally went down. The end result seemed to be consistent with what most of the viewers suggested -- LS1 wins in a close race -- LT1 sports stout power down low and the LS1 prevailed up top.

    I think it's amazing how everyone compares dyno figures and track times -- there are so many variables with track conditions, dynos, mods, drivers, etc. that it doesn't really matter when you have what should be a relatively close race. Dyno numbers aren't the gospel. Unfortunately, two guys comparing track numbers doesn't mean much of anything unless they were both racing at the same track at the same time!
    2002 Camaro SS M6, 2.5 PRC 5.3L heads, TFS 228/230 cam, FAST 92, bolt ons + a 10 lb bottle in the back.


    1989 Corvette L98, A4, Full bolt ons, etc.

  2. #242
    Kenne-Bell Killer Cayenne97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Lake Tahoe, CA
    Posts
    609

    Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    crap no... inferior. and no your lt1 didnt have great top end **Stock**

    as i wish you were closer, and YOU would be butt hurt my friend..



    and YOU need to consider the variables that there are people just as fast and WAY faster than you... especially with fewer mods.. consider the variables my friend... consider the variables..
    Uh Oh! Looks like somebody fell off the wagon again this morning!

    The last time I checked you had 385rwhp and WEREN'T in the 9's.
    97 Z28 1LE #53 11.08/122.84 N/A, 9.82/131.06 150-shot

    02 WS6 M6, STOCK H/C/I, 3189 lbs., 11.77/113.02 (1.59 60')

    08 Mercedez C63 AMG, FOR SALE!!!
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f38/2008-mercedez-c63-amg-108586/

  3. #243
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne97 View Post
    Uh Oh! Looks like somebody fell off the wagon again this morning!

    The last time I checked you had 385rwhp and WEREN'T in the 9's.
    last time i checked i had well over 385rwhp... and you WERENT in the 9's on motor... so yes, i wish you were closer.. you could learn a lot..

    97 Z28 1LE #53
    .030", 11:1, LPE Cam, LPE 195cc Heads, VIC-E, TNT 250hp wet kit, Kooks 1-7/8's,
    Mufflex 4", T-56, Moser 4.30's, 11.085/122.84 N/A

    ahahahaha... thinking you can smoke a 425rwhp stalled a4.. that has run your times n/a.. hahahahhahaha ok...

  4. #244
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    last time i checked i had well over 385rwhp... and you WERENT in the 9's on motor... so yes, i wish you were closer.. you could learn a lot..

    97 Z28 1LE #53
    .030", 11:1, LPE Cam, LPE 195cc Heads, VIC-E, TNT 250hp wet kit, Kooks 1-7/8's,
    Mufflex 4", T-56, Moser 4.30's, 11.085/122.84 N/A

    ahahahaha... thinking you can smoke a 425rwhp stalled a4.. that has run your times n/a.. hahahahhahaha ok...
    Boy you sure talk a lot. I just hope you can back your sh*t up! I've seen Cayennes car run many times and it runs very hard to say the least. It's run what you brung out here, so if you can't muster up a 9-second e.t. than your not in this guys league. And if you wan't to talk motor to motor than i'm that guy you should talk to.

  5. #245
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Boy you sure talk a lot. I just hope you can back your sh*t up! I've seen Cayennes car run many times and it runs very hard to say the least. It's run what you brung out here, so if you can't muster up a 9-second e.t. than your not in this guys league. And if you wan't to talk motor to motor than i'm that guy you should talk to.
    i figured you would chime in soon enough n2o.. haha...

    i wasnt talking nitrous cause in a previous conversation we we talking on motor... i dont have a problem in the world if we were to go all out he would absolutely demolish me... thats a no brainer.. but motor for motor... we would be dead even... and yes i can back my stuff up... i showed him that in another thread...

  6. #246
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    i figured you would chime in soon enough n2o.. haha...

    i wasnt talking nitrous cause in a previous conversation we we talking on motor... i dont have a problem in the world if we were to go all out he would absolutely demolish me... thats a no brainer.. but motor for motor... we would be dead even... and yes i can back my stuff up... i showed him that in another thread...
    I know your a cool guy Lemons. I've seen you make several really good points in the past. Cayenne's a good guy to and a personal friend of mine. He's got a fast LT1, almost as fast as mine.

    What cam are you running Lemons?

  7. #247
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne97 View Post
    Really, they're crap? I could of swore my LT1 had a great top end?



    Man I wish you were close enough to run Hammer, then we would see who was really hurtin' in the butt!
    eh? it would probably still be you. no shame in losing to a heavily modded car with a basically stock one.

  8. #248
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Yea I would love to pick up some LT4 heads and send them down to mr. loyd elliot.
    Man and I just sold my stock LT4 heads.
    486/438
    10.68/127 N/A


  9. #249
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    I know your a cool guy Lemons. I've seen you make several really good points in the past. Cayenne's a good guy to and a personal friend of mine. He's got a fast LT1, almost as fast as mine.

    What cam are you running Lemons?
    ... yea he seems like hes pretty cool to me too... he doesnt believe anything about my car though... hahaha.. which i dont mind, most people doubt me just because i run my mouth... (but as you stated can usually make decent points and can back it up..)

    and it is VERY obvious he has a stout lt1.. there is not a doubt in my mind about that... i just think he thinks its a little faster than it actually is...

    Ms4, PRCls6 heads... the numbers i posted for him to see were cam only.. thats the reason he thinks i only have 385..

    i like him though, just shooting the shit!

  10. #250
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    ... yea he seems like hes pretty cool to me too... he doesnt believe anything about my car though... hahaha.. which i dont mind, most people doubt me just because i run my mouth... (but as you stated can usually make decent points and can back it up..)

    and it is VERY obvious he has a stout lt1.. there is not a doubt in my mind about that... i just think he thinks its a little faster than it actually is...

    Ms4, PRCls6 heads... the numbers i posted for him to see were cam only.. thats the reason he thinks i only have 385..

    i like him though, just shooting the shit!
    MS4 is a nice a nasty cam. The Vindicator is a bad MoFo though.

  11. #251
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    MS4 is a nice a nasty cam. The Vindicator is a bad MoFo though.
    yea, i like all the big boy cams.... im bias to my ms4 though because its so streetable and everything.. would love to one day have another cam along the same lines like the trex vind. polluter..

    mine has proven itself over and over.. with numbers track times streetability... i just love it! haha

  12. #252
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    yea, i like all the big boy cams.... im bias to my ms4 though because its so streetable and everything.. would love to one day have another cam along the same lines like the trex vind. polluter..

    mine has proven itself over and over.. with numbers track times streetability... i just love it! haha
    True that's one thing the MS4 has over the Vindicator is streetability. My club member has the Vindicator in his '99 Formula WS6. It put out good #'s on the stock heads (43xrwhp cam-only) but after riding in it I don't think i'd like it for something i'd drive regularly. It's fast though.

  13. #253
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    True that's one thing the MS4 has over the Vindicator is streetability. My club member has the Vindicator in his '99 Formula WS6. It put out good #'s on the stock heads (43xrwhp cam-only) but after riding in it I don't think i'd like it for something i'd drive regularly. It's fast though.
    i drive my car about 50-70 miles a day.. depending on if i work that day or not, so i cared about that.... drive her to the track and all.. i enjoy it a lot!

  14. #254
    Army of 1 wooddaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alachua, Fl
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,733

    Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    i drive my car about 50-70 miles a day.. depending on if i work that day or not, so i cared about that.... drive her to the track and all.. i enjoy it a lot!
    What kind of mileage do you get with that cam? I have roughly 380 WHP with a Comp Cam and 3.73s and I only get 20 on the highway and around 13 around town

  15. #255
    Senior Member karpetcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Tujunga, CA
    Posts
    1,646

    White
    01 Camaro 6speed

    quick question guys, i know its a bit off topic but got a chance to video my car with my exhuast set up doing a fly by and also passing slow but its 112mb so its a bit longer then the 100MB that photobucket alows to upload. Is there another website thats free to upload if its more then 100MB or does anyone know another way to do this, i know you can upload bigger files if you pay but since i hardly use it, just not worth it to me. If you guys can help out id appreciate, thanks in advance.

  16. #256
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    What kind of mileage do you get with that cam? I have roughly 380 WHP with a Comp Cam and 3.73s and I only get 20 on the highway and around 13 around town
    well i have a 4k stall and 410s....PRC ls6 heads... ported 90/90.... i get roughly 15 on the highway and around 7 in town.. but i have a LOT of fun in town...


    on one tank i kept my foot out of it and it got 11 around town and it was like 18 on the highway.. if i remember correctly..

  17. #257
    Senior Member karpetcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Tujunga, CA
    Posts
    1,646

    White
    01 Camaro 6speed

    ok nevermind i got it, just did it on youtube i posted it up on the Kill section not sure were to exactly put it.

  18. #258
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    i drive my car about 50-70 miles a day.. depending on if i work that day or not, so i cared about that.... drive her to the track and all.. i enjoy it a lot!
    Your lucky. I'm running a solid roller 238/244 111 from Cam Motion. Not the best manners although I do drive on the street, and yes, to the track and back.

  19. #259
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Your lucky. I'm running a solid roller 238/244 111 from Cam Motion. Not the best manners although I do drive on the street, and yes, to the track and back.
    thats a big ole cam.. i cant wait to get my 408 though! haha

  20. #260
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    thats a big ole cam.. i cant wait to get my 408 though! haha
    The 408 setup is a Monster! Seems to be what all you LS1 guys lust for lol. You know what's even more nasty, especially for a wild N/A setup - a 427.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 91011121314 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Land Speed Racers - High-Speed Bombers
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-16-2010, 06:20 PM
  2. lt16 speed compared to an ls1 6 speed
    By NOmulletLs7 in forum Manual Transmission
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 01:26 PM
  3. Dodge Hemi Speed Demon - The Speed Demons
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 09:30 PM
  4. 6 speed 1st geat speed
    By leod123 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 10-17-2007, 01:41 PM
  5. 17 psi srt4 5 speed vs 6 speed 99' trans am
    By via sin dios in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 04:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •